The Quarry Restaurant and Lounge
415 Whiting Street
Hingham, MA 02043Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Quarry Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thequarry.co/
- Phone: 7813407300
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Greg Jordan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer seating in our private room for up to 25 people.
- Private Party Contact: Ron Leduc 7813407300
A word from The Quarry Restaurant and Lounge
The Quarry Restaurant and Lounge is a 125 seat fine-dining restaurant. Our focus is on New American food with a hint of an Italian influence. It was started by Ron and Julie Leduc and Greg Jordan who had an idea to take excellent food and service to the suburbs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Quarry Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (46)romantic (31)notable wine list (30)good for groups (24)scenic view (22)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience at The Quarry. The dining room was beautiful with a nice view of the quarry thru large windows. The food was excellent, I had the stuffed figs and swordfish, which was perfectly cooked and my husband had the sausage of the day and lamb lasagna. The service was a little slow, but not a problem. The bread pudding and buttermilk panacota were excellent. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014Fine dining at it's best. The restaurant is extremely clean. The silverware and dishes sparkle and shine. The waitstaff is over the top knowledgeable, the owners Julie and Ron LeDuc and Chef Greg Jordan know how to run restaurants. It is so comfortable and our waitress Tiffany is very well trained. We had drinks, wine, and appetizers to start. The jumbo shrimp cocktail was perfect as ws the figs wrapped in bacon. For dinner we had chicken, swordfish, salmon, and lamb lasagna cooked to perfection. The sides were mashed potatoes and cornbread. For desert we had house made peach cobbler and frozen lemon mousse. Chef Greg came to our table to greet us, as did Julie and Ron. It was so pleasant,the setting at Plymouth Quarry is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server, Nikki is a true gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We were a party of five, celebrating a dear friend's 80th birthday! We were given the big curved booth by the window with a view of the quarry. Nikki's kind, upbeat and knowledgable way helped us navigate the wine list, choose the perfect appetizer and meals as well as indulge in their luxurious desserts! Her service was seamless, memorable and endearing! Nikki! You are no longer a diamond in the rough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Poor service, waited over a hour for our food without anyone acknowledging it.Special Features:
- GrampyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had a very enjoyable night here with friends. Drinks are a little pricey but excellent. Everyone thought their meals were first class. I had the pork chop and that is a great dish. Our friend said her salmon was the best she has ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xyzxDined on 9/12/2014My husband had two small plates and they were almost not edible. Three out of 5 entrees did not taste good.
- Enjoyed by our partyOccasionaldinerDined on 9/11/2014A birthday lunch for a group of us. Panini's were delicious. Atmosphere was very nice. The server was excellent. The only strange thing was the music selection, kind of odd for an elegant restaurant. We laughed about it afterward, that the music didn't seem to fit the restaurant. Otherwise a great experience. Will return with other friends/family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet food in the burbsAnnieDDined on 9/10/2014I treated my best friend to dinner here for her birthday and we both loved it. From the beginning, the service was outstanding. The menu options were diverse and it was difficult to decide on an appetizer and on the entree. We had the fig appetizer and it was scrumptious. For the entree, my friend had the lamb lasagna. I had the osso bucco ravioli. Both of us were very happy with our choices. The dishes were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Quarry: New place to goCassiopiaDined on 9/8/2014Good service. Interesting menu. Was eating light on my visit but dying to go back for the Berkshire Pork Chop. I had the roasted figs and tuan tartare appetizers and both were very good (only 3 figs so that seemed a bit skimpy). My companion had the swordfish and it was excellent. Only issue was the fire alarm that was set off and rang for over 10 minutes.Special Features:
- ElizDined on 9/7/2014We all enjoyed our dinner and the bartender made fabulous drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceSouthShoreDinerDined on 9/6/2014While seated at bar, had to get attention of bar tender to order, the bar was not crowded, he was cleaning and organizing. Once seated at table, after at least 10 minutes we had to tell hostess no one had come over to us yet. When the waiter did, he asked if wanted water and walked away- I had to get ask him to for a beer and even then he didn't ask my wife if she wanted a drink. Service remained spotty, he seemed nervous. Food was good, but not worthy of cost in terms of quality and portions. Will be tough to compete with the likes of Scarlet Oak and other local restaurants where service is polished and food worthy of price. I hope they improve, it is a great location and want to see them succeed and we will likely give it another try.
- First time dinner at resturantOhthatsfreshDined on 9/6/2014The food was great, loved that we could make reservation. The service however was awful! The wait staff started out good, then when it got busy literally forgot about us by the time we got our dinner. Only came by when we were just about done with our dinner to check to see if everything was OK. Wanted to order a glass of wine with dinner, but never could, could not get anyone's attention. The 3 women hostess were not really very helpful until I finally got the attention of one of them by waving my hand in the air. One of the hostesses even came by when the dishes were cleared to say desert was the best part and proceeded to never give us desert menus for 15 solid minutes. What started out really nice left such a bad taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent meal from the appetizer ( stuffed zucchini blossoms) to the dessert (the peach cobbler). We hope to return oftenSpecial Features:
- Food good, service horribleLovestoEatDined on 9/6/2014Nice place and good food. My husband's scallops were sandy and a little cold, but the other diners at our table were happy with their meals. Our major complaint was with our waiter, who was never around. It took a long time to get drinks at the table. Once we finally received our meal, our waiter never came back to ask how our meal was, or if we required anything else. We had to wait to get the bill, and then when he finally showed up and gave it to us, he gave us the bill for another table! We were there for 3 and a half hours. It's one thing to have a nice leisurely dinner, and it's nice not to be rushed, but half the time we couldn't see our waiter on the floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceRnp1Dined on 9/6/2014Very nice dining experience. Food was wonderful. If anything I would say on pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014For the price - I had higher expectations - Food was good - not great. But only my first visit will give it another try.
- Beautiful resturantSAMIAMDined on 9/5/2014We had a great dinner overall! The small plate was tasty and so were the desserts. The meals themselves were decent. The chicken was a little too salty and the seafood risotto was a little too lemony. The atmosphere and service were very good. A nice meal out overall.Special Features:
- ToniVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food wasn't hot, presentation good, waiter attentive, dining room too crowded with tables too close together not cozy or intimate, menu did not lend itself to drop in dining a much more formal atmosphere, needs a less serious menu it's going to be competing with the Scarlett Oak which has a more electric menu and a more attractive dining room layout.Special Features:
- Ask for RonErnieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Wonderful dining experience! Great room and setting! Super service with imaginative food preparations well prepared! We look forward to returning.
- what's importantchatandchewDined on 9/4/2014i wanted to love the new reinvention of this restaurant that is so upscale and inviting. the building itself is lovely and the new ambience has the "ooooh" factor...the moment you walk in ...especially into the dining area. it is too bad the food and drinks will be what keeps customers from returning. your cocktails are overpriced and pretentious....your glass of wine is overpriced and scantly more than a tasting we had a lovely waitress...she seemed to be the only waitress for the dining room but not a problem...she easily handled four tables. the food is just average...nothing special that i couldn't have ordered in many other restaurants for much less cost. i want to love to go there but i left feeling ripped off!
- mduffyDined on 8/30/2014First time here under the new name/management. Decor much better - brighter. Menu, while offering many different items, was pricey. The ravioli I ordered was delicious and perfectly portioned. Husband had the pork chop, which was fabulous. Lots of choices and everything that passed our table looked great. Our waitress was spotty, not very interactive, and all but vanished by the end of our meal. Hopefully, she was just having a bad day.Special Features:
- 3 for dinner3fordinnerDined on 8/29/2014Service and food were outstanding!! Waitress was quite charming and the ambiance was out of this world. Cannot wait for a repeat in the very near future!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe a bar menu for alternativeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/29/2014Our third time here and just keeps getting better. Truly enjoyed the local produce choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great place, good food and atmosphere will come here againSpecial Features:
- Great Food, Tough to get a drink!luv2eatDined on 8/23/2014After frequenting the previous restaurant located in the same building, we decided to try The Quarry. The reviews I read were all good. We were not disappointed. We had a great meal and an overall good experience. My only complaint was the time we spent in the bar before we were seated. While seated at the bar, it must have taken the bartender 20+ min. to meet our eyes so we could order drinks. On top of that he was putting on a show mixing drinks and splashing all of us at the bar without so much as an apology. It was bizarre. The bar wasn't crowd so I am not sure why it took so long to welcome us and and let us know he would be with us shortly. I almost went to get a manager. We will definitely go again, but we will stay away from the bar
- complete disappointmentvallVIPDined on 8/21/2014We were looking forward to a new restaurant in our area, however we were sadly disappointed with the food. It was terrible. We could not possibly recommend it.
- great additionOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/20/2014Exceptional dinner- the swordfish I had was the special and was one of the best I have had locally- second only to what is served at the BC Club in town. We both love the unique character of the menu-only disappointment was the "house" Vermentino white wine - too pricey for the quality. While we noticed the sommelier was doing an excellent job of suggesting pairings, it would be nice to have more moderate choices with the dinners-- but the menu items are worthy of finer selections, we know. this is our second visit, and we noticed how much busier this was , even midweek. They deserve to be 'discovered'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemRsrvtnQweenDined on 8/16/2014Visited this location under previous ownership. Was fine but decor was dark and formidable. Passed The Quarry with new signage and decided to take a chance. What a pleasure! Wine reasonably priced; three of us had rack of lamb which was perfectly prepared as ordered for medium rare. Will visit again.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner for a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Had a 7:00 pm reservation and was seated promptly. Our waiter took our drink order and then seemed to get distracted as it took a bit for him to come back and take our order. The food was served quickly and was prepared exactly as requested. The noise level was high even though it was not crowded, making conversation a little difficult. Lots of hard surfaces makes noise bounce and though the place is beautiful, it's noisy. Overall, it was a pleasant evening even with the noise.
- Great addition to the South ShoreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Food was wonderful, staff was attentive and knowledgeable and each dish was full of flavor and a little unique. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Nice ambianceCardinalDined on 8/12/2014This decor of this restaurant is is simple but elegant. We sat at the table in front of the quarry, beautiful. We were 4 long time friends getting together and this was the perfect spot... Great food, scenery and quiet. The lounge area looked very comfortable. We all decided to order 2 appetizers each. We especially loved the lightly fried squash flowers and the melon with prosciutto. Very nice pairing and all 4 of us ordered it and loved it.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceSonyDDined on 8/9/2014We have driven by this place many times and decided to give it a try. Wow, we really loved the food and the excellent service. This is a beautiful restaurant. We will be going back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodforThoughtDined on 8/1/2014I have been to The Quarry twice. The first time the waiter was a little reticent and the second visit the waitress was a little too zealous, so a happy medium needs to be achieved. The food is excellent and so are the drinks. It is my new favorite restaurant and I have already recommended it to several friends. I will go back soon to try lunch.Special Features:
- Irene & Chuck HarkinsIRENESKIDined on 8/1/2014This was our first time at The Quarry with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend and we ALL ENJOYED the service we received and the FOOD was OUTSTANDING!! I couldn't finish my Tenderloin, but ENJOYED my leftovers the next day. :-). We will be back. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even Better now!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/1/2014While we always enjoyed Nino's, Quarry is incredible! Love the renovation of a beautiful setting- food was truly amazing- so well done and creative- we were very pleased to have such a lovely restaurant so close to home. Thanks to owners and chef for stopping at table to share food prep and comments on what we hope will be a very successful venture. Loved those squash blossoms- a short, but truly sweet season!!Special Features:
- A Rare and Welcome Suburban Find!eatdrinkreviewDined on 7/31/2014Great find in a gorgeous space in Hingham! Went with group of six and tried many of the dishes, all were cooked perfectly. The fig appetizer, hake, filet, and mushroom ravioli were special highlights. We finished with the milk and cookies, very cute presentation and so good! Nice wine list and creative cocktails as well. Highly recommended - we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner with friendsJudiDined on 7/31/2014We met friends at The Quarry Restaurant in Hingham. We had drinks in the bar first and was pleasantly surprised by the ambience - with granite walls and a nice circular bar. The bartender was very attentive and was helpful with their interesting bar menu. The food was excellent with very different and interesting appetizers. Our wait person was extremely attentive and helpful throughout the meal. We especially liked the fact that there was a nice round table for the 5 of us to enjoy conversation while dining.Special Features:
- NOT for KidsalwayswithkidsDined on 7/25/2014The food was very good. The service was very good. The atmosphere was very good. The Owner came by to say hello and was very pleasant. Don't bring the kiddos...this is an adult restaurant...although they were very good about helping any way they could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Every BiteLeeLeeVIPDined on 7/25/2014This was our second time at The Quarry and we loved every bite. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston on the South ShoreFoodandwinesnobDined on 7/23/2014Fabulous spot--fit for foodies and wine snobs! Order the chef's board and pour the amazing honey over your cheese and meats! The BEST pork chop I have ever had! The bar scene is outstanding--and if David is on (and he is full-time), you are in for a treat. The man can make a drink!Special Features: