The Quarry Restaurant and Lounge
415 Whiting Street
Hingham, MA 02043Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Quarry Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thequarry.co/
- Phone: 7813407300
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Greg Jordan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer seating in our private room for up to 25 people.
- Private Party Contact: Ron Leduc 7813407300
A word from The Quarry Restaurant and Lounge
The Quarry Restaurant and Lounge is a 125 seat fine-dining restaurant. Our focus is on New American food with a hint of an Italian influence. It was started by Ron and Julie Leduc and Greg Jordan who had an idea to take excellent food and service to the suburbs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Quarry Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (37)romantic (26)notable wine list (26)scenic view (21)good for groups (18)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- mduffyDined on 8/30/2014First time here under the new name/management. Decor much better - brighter. Menu, while offering many different items, was pricey. The ravioli I ordered was delicious and perfectly portioned. Husband had the pork chop, which was fabulous. Lots of choices and everything that passed our table looked great. Our waitress was spotty, not very interactive, and all but vanished by the end of our meal. Hopefully, she was just having a bad day.Special Features:
- 3 for dinner3fordinnerDined on 8/29/2014Service and food were outstanding!! Waitress was quite charming and the ambiance was out of this world. Cannot wait for a repeat in the very near future!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe a bar menu for alternativeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/29/2014Our third time here and just keeps getting better. Truly enjoyed the local produce choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great place, good food and atmosphere will come here againSpecial Features:
- Great Food, Tough to get a drink!luv2eatDined on 8/23/2014After frequenting the previous restaurant located in the same building, we decided to try The Quarry. The reviews I read were all good. We were not disappointed. We had a great meal and an overall good experience. My only complaint was the time we spent in the bar before we were seated. While seated at the bar, it must have taken the bartender 20+ min. to meet our eyes so we could order drinks. On top of that he was putting on a show mixing drinks and splashing all of us at the bar without so much as an apology. It was bizarre. The bar wasn't crowd so I am not sure why it took so long to welcome us and and let us know he would be with us shortly. I almost went to get a manager. We will definitely go again, but we will stay away from the bar
- complete disappointmentvallVIPDined on 8/21/2014We were looking forward to a new restaurant in our area, however we were sadly disappointed with the food. It was terrible. We could not possibly recommend it.
- great additionOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/20/2014Exceptional dinner- the swordfish I had was the special and was one of the best I have had locally- second only to what is served at the BC Club in town. We both love the unique character of the menu-only disappointment was the "house" Vermentino white wine - too pricey for the quality. While we noticed the sommelier was doing an excellent job of suggesting pairings, it would be nice to have more moderate choices with the dinners-- but the menu items are worthy of finer selections, we know. this is our second visit, and we noticed how much busier this was , even midweek. They deserve to be 'discovered'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemRsrvtnQweenDined on 8/16/2014Visited this location under previous ownership. Was fine but decor was dark and formidable. Passed The Quarry with new signage and decided to take a chance. What a pleasure! Wine reasonably priced; three of us had rack of lamb which was perfectly prepared as ordered for medium rare. Will visit again.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner for a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Had a 7:00 pm reservation and was seated promptly. Our waiter took our drink order and then seemed to get distracted as it took a bit for him to come back and take our order. The food was served quickly and was prepared exactly as requested. The noise level was high even though it was not crowded, making conversation a little difficult. Lots of hard surfaces makes noise bounce and though the place is beautiful, it's noisy. Overall, it was a pleasant evening even with the noise.
- Great addition to the South ShoreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Food was wonderful, staff was attentive and knowledgeable and each dish was full of flavor and a little unique. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Nice ambianceCardinalDined on 8/12/2014This decor of this restaurant is is simple but elegant. We sat at the table in front of the quarry, beautiful. We were 4 long time friends getting together and this was the perfect spot... Great food, scenery and quiet. The lounge area looked very comfortable. We all decided to order 2 appetizers each. We especially loved the lightly fried squash flowers and the melon with prosciutto. Very nice pairing and all 4 of us ordered it and loved it.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceSonyDDined on 8/9/2014We have driven by this place many times and decided to give it a try. Wow, we really loved the food and the excellent service. This is a beautiful restaurant. We will be going back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodforThoughtDined on 8/1/2014I have been to The Quarry twice. The first time the waiter was a little reticent and the second visit the waitress was a little too zealous, so a happy medium needs to be achieved. The food is excellent and so are the drinks. It is my new favorite restaurant and I have already recommended it to several friends. I will go back soon to try lunch.Special Features:
- Irene & Chuck HarkinsIRENESKIDined on 8/1/2014This was our first time at The Quarry with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend and we ALL ENJOYED the service we received and the FOOD was OUTSTANDING!! I couldn't finish my Tenderloin, but ENJOYED my leftovers the next day. :-). We will be back. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even Better now!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/1/2014While we always enjoyed Nino's, Quarry is incredible! Love the renovation of a beautiful setting- food was truly amazing- so well done and creative- we were very pleased to have such a lovely restaurant so close to home. Thanks to owners and chef for stopping at table to share food prep and comments on what we hope will be a very successful venture. Loved those squash blossoms- a short, but truly sweet season!!Special Features:
- A Rare and Welcome Suburban Find!eatdrinkreviewDined on 7/31/2014Great find in a gorgeous space in Hingham! Went with group of six and tried many of the dishes, all were cooked perfectly. The fig appetizer, hake, filet, and mushroom ravioli were special highlights. We finished with the milk and cookies, very cute presentation and so good! Nice wine list and creative cocktails as well. Highly recommended - we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner with friendsJudiDined on 7/31/2014We met friends at The Quarry Restaurant in Hingham. We had drinks in the bar first and was pleasantly surprised by the ambience - with granite walls and a nice circular bar. The bartender was very attentive and was helpful with their interesting bar menu. The food was excellent with very different and interesting appetizers. Our wait person was extremely attentive and helpful throughout the meal. We especially liked the fact that there was a nice round table for the 5 of us to enjoy conversation while dining.Special Features:
- NOT for KidsalwayswithkidsDined on 7/25/2014The food was very good. The service was very good. The atmosphere was very good. The Owner came by to say hello and was very pleasant. Don't bring the kiddos...this is an adult restaurant...although they were very good about helping any way they could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Every BiteLeeLeeVIPDined on 7/25/2014This was our second time at The Quarry and we loved every bite. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston on the South ShoreFoodandwinesnobDined on 7/23/2014Fabulous spot--fit for foodies and wine snobs! Order the chef's board and pour the amazing honey over your cheese and meats! The BEST pork chop I have ever had! The bar scene is outstanding--and if David is on (and he is full-time), you are in for a treat. The man can make a drink!Special Features:
- Great spot!SouthfieldersDined on 7/19/2014First time to the Quarry, food was outstanding! I asked for rare on the lamb and first time out it was medium. I don't like sending food back but did. The owner came to our table totally apologetic and the waiter himself thought it took longer than necessary when he placed the order. They made it perfectly and the owner offered to redo my wife's dish so we could start over together. We thanked her but did not do that. This was a totally delightful dining experience and we will turn into regulars, I'm sure.Special Features:
- Five Star ExperiencemrdininoDined on 7/6/2014The Quarry Restaurant & Lounge is exactly what the South Shore needed for a restaurant. The décor is amazing. The organic menu is spectacular! The staff is very knowledgeable and the service is nothing short of Five Star! Go and experience this fantastic restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is fantastic - ate there 3 timesJlmcDined on 7/5/2014Would recommend the Quarry if you like homemade, delicious food. Menu is varied and unique. Everyone was so friendly, the wait staff was very knowledgable about the foods being served. All three times I ate there I was encouraged to enjoy the experience. I was never rushed. The restaurant is simple but elegant. You must try it....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely different from Nino'sEdconsultVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our second dinner at the Quarry didn't disappoint! Although not as busy as the previous visit we enjoyed it very much and were remembered and treated royally by our waiter Paul! While the menu is somewhat limited, it is an interesting one with varied options for all appetites. Previously I had the wheatberry salad with mussels as my main course (excellent) while my husband had the salmon -very good. This time we had the mussels first and then 3 of us got the lobster brodetto which was fresh and delicious while my husband got the striped bass. Everything was fresh and delicious with a more upscale feel than Nino's in this beautiful spot. Dessert was ice cream special which was excellent. It's great having a neighborhood gem of this caliber!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaliforniadreamingDined on 6/21/2014Waiter kept claiming every dish was his favorite. Overpriced food.
- Nice Local SpotwantogonowDined on 6/19/2014Renovations made the dining room light and airy. really slow. We started with the zucchini flowers. The appetizer had 2 pesto ricotta stuffed flowers and 2 prosciutto wrapped cantaloupe slices. They were good but not the best I have ever had. 2 of us had the lobster risotto and one had the fruiti de mare. The lobster risotto was very good but they were skimpy on the lobster meat. The portion size was just right. My friend said the fruiti de mare was overcooked and just ok. We chose the buttermilk panna cotta with rhubarb compote to share and it was very good. All in all it was OK. I would go back and give it another shot. It's always nice to have something new in the hood.Special Features:
- Just OKEllDeeDined on 6/18/2014Our first time visiting - All three diners in our party were underwhelmed with their meals. The drinks were great, the restaurant is lovely - the food needs to be kicked up a notch or even two. Our meals were the scallops, the whole fish and the brick chicken. Nothing awful, just nothing to run back for, which is too bad. Was looking forward to a new local gem! Loved the menu presentation and the blonde bartender was very friendly and talked up the entrees well. Cute bar area. Our server was a bit bland. Noise level was quiet as we dined on a Wednesday evening and there were not many parties in the dining room.
- Excellent food, ambiance, servicePal43Dined on 6/15/2014The old Nino's decor is completely refreshed- light, clean, and pleasing to the eye. The food, although pricy, is spectacular. The service is even better. My companion's filet was overdone. Not only was her meal redone, mine was re-plated so we could eat hot meals at the same time. Our dessert was also comped. The manager came to our table to apologize for our inconvenience and came back again to make sure we were satisfied with our meals. Our waitress was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceRm24Dined on 6/15/2014The menu is limited. The service was very, very slow.
- Welome QuarryLeeLeeVIPDined on 6/14/2014The Quarry is a welcome addition to the Hingham restaurant scene. We enjoyed the steamed cockles, amazing tempura squash blosims and a delicious parmigiano fries. We will be back!Special Features:
- hcpjhayes7595Dined on 6/13/2014great food and service, place looks wonderful, bright and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday partyGreatDined on 6/13/2014Our group experience was excellent. The new interior is brighter and very pleasant, but not too noisy even though the ceilings are very high. The menu stimulated our taste buds and the food was delicious. The seasonings were complex and innovative, but not overpowering. Our sever, Ryan, was delightful, fun and informative. He was most helpful with all of our questions re the menu, etc. and he did an excellent job catering to our every need. He served our table with expertise as well as a good sense of humor. We all enjoyed our evening very much and will certainly return to The Quarry Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and servicePaulNAckVIPDined on 6/7/2014In the old Nino's location, The Quarry offers a fairly large menu including home made pasta, steak, chicken, and fish. My oysters were fresh with a touch of brine, but the shucking left several large chunks of shell. Service was prompt and perhaps a little too friendly owing to the server trying hard to make a good impression for a newly opened restaurant. We had to ask for a bread basket after observing them on other tables and not having one on ours. Linquini di Frutti Mare was excellent with fresh mussels in the shell, shrimp, scallops, and calamari. The pasta was great if just a touch underdone - better than overdone. Scotch on the rocks was tiny, in my mind a big mistake for a place trying to develop a clientele. We'll go back.
- VEEEDined on 6/6/2014My clams and duck were over cooked. My guest was very happy with the chicken. I will go back and try other items on the menue. My server and was there when I needed her. I think her name was Melissa. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back3fordinnerDined on 6/5/2014What a wonderful experience! The waitstaff was superb, the food was outstanding and the ambiance was out of this world. The South Shore has a truly great dining experience here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I was expectingdianeVIPDined on 6/4/2014Excited a New rest, was in town, however the food & the value wasn't what we expected. Rest was beautifully remodeled & welcoming. The service was fantastic, Nikki was helpful explaining ingredients on the menu & she was very personable. This is were the disappointment came in, not a value for lunchtime! Ordered a cheese/meat tray as an app, was 22dollars for 4-items; Caesar salad was small & romaine was rusted/brown edges, not freshly cut. Ordered the Hanger Steak, which was extremely over marinated, couldn't taste 'beef' only garlic (all day long) & the parm-fries were over salted we couldn't even eat them; which was 22dollar also. I had my 7-yr. old children with me, NO 'kids menu' offered! I'm wondering if a 2nd visit will be better?Special Features:
- JAK1Dined on 5/31/2014The service was superb. The food was just good. Wished they had more pasta dishes and a more varied appetizer and smaller portion selection. The decor is beautiful with lots of sunlight coming in and views of the quarry water. Very nice.Special Features:
- DinerDined on 5/25/2014Food was good but a little pricey. Scallops were outstanding but did not care for the accompaniments served with them.Special Features:
- What a lovely surprise!MaJeHiDined on 5/24/2014I went to the Quarry with a few friends over the weekend. I had no idea that this place changed hands. Well a lot has changed. The remodeling and decor is wide opened and very contemporary! I think they did a great job! The food was delicious! The wine lies is so sophisticated that I had to ask for help in choosing a wine. I told our server what I like and she suggested a couple of different wines. I chose one and it was right on! Speaking of our server, she was just awesome! Service was fantastic and she was so upbeat an friendly. The menu is limited, but everything on it looks great! It was refreshing not to have to read five pages to decide what to eat! There is something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service ExcellentBostonBornDined on 5/23/2014Menu limited. Smallish portions, high price point. Staff top notch but for the price there are a number of choices nearby. We will be back to try again.