The Putterham Grille
1012 West Roxbury Parkway
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
The Putterham Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://putterhamgrille.com/
- Phone: 6173272202
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Michal Hincman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Entertainment: Thursday evenings live music with Clark, Christopherson & Holt listen to the sweet sounds of jazz while eating delicious cuisine.
A word from The Putterham Grille
Putterham Grille is a local neighborhood eatery located just outside of downtown BostonContinued
serving mediterranean inspired cuisine in a modern relaxed environment.
serving mediterranean inspired cuisine in a modern relaxed environment.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
The Putterham Grille - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
The Putterham Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (8)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)Show More
- consistantly a pleasure!RickDined on 8/28/2014I go frequently and am it is always a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Puttered out GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014I need to give it just a fair rating on food since my portobello omelette was the smallest I had ever been served. Also, my toast was not buttered. Service was good although we were the only customers at 11AM opening. Perhaps the earlier hour is not the best time to dine there.
- A Gem4PutterhamGrillDined on 7/26/2014This place is in a great location for those in Newton and Chestnut Hill, especially. The food is healthy, delicious, and reasonably priced for this area of Boston. In addition, the people working there feel more like family than strangers. I have confidence that in bringing friends and acquaintances to the Grill, that we will be able to have good conversation along with excellent food. In particular, Putterham Grill has a restful and cheerful feeling, where the food is well presented, with good portions, nourishing and satisfying.Special Features:
- Always the same, excellent!RickDined on 7/18/2014I always write a review, and it is always the same. The Putterham is never a disappointment! Best fried calamari anywhere!!!Special Features:
- Excellent, as usual!RickDined on 6/29/2014Went for an early Sunday supper. Wife didn't feel like cooking for just the two of us (neither did I). Were only a few people there, so we got attention from all three servers. Like always, everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden gemBDSalisburyDined on 6/20/2014I was looking on OpenTable to find a restaurant for my birthday dinner. I was looking for a Greek restaurant that was not part of a chain. We decided on The Putterham Grille, and do not regret our decision one bit. We were a party of 6, and everyone was extremely pleased with their main course from Salmon to Lamb. Their appetizers were also a highlight of the meal. The location and setting were excellent as well. Additionally, the service was very good, and knowledgeable about the menu. I would highly recommend The Putterham Grille, and look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day DinnerKLG123Dined on 6/15/2014Everything about our meal was perfect. The food and service were fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gem for realgertrudaDined on 6/13/2014It was our first time at The Putterham Grille and what an excellent choice for our family little gathering! The food was the first rate - everyone has enjoyed his or her choices - from appetizers to desert. The service was fast. I only wish the scene would be more festive. In any case it's on the list of my favorite spots in Chestnut Hill from now on.Special Features:
- Certain satisfaction !!!snowbirdDined on 6/10/2014Putterham can be relied upon to give good food & good service....never disappointed. Obviously we will return .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Mediterranean diningFinickyeaterDined on 6/7/2014We love the food here and we love introducing our friends to The Putterham Grille. The Tzatziki and flatbread are divine and the avgolemono soup is rich and fabulous! Portions are quite large, so come with an appetite and friends for sharing the edibles!Special Features:
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/31/2014So glad we found this ace! Great menu, service, and food. Will definitely return. Good location as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 65 reviews are from the The Putterham Grille reviews archive.
- Truly a neighborhood gemSerena517Dined on 5/17/2014Delicious food and awesome service. We got lost, never thinking it was actually in a neighborhood, and were almost 30 minutes late. They were super accommodating and had our table waiting. Our waitress handled our large and at times "difficult" group with ease. The menu was diverse, and the food outstanding. We were celebrating a birthday and because it was noted upon making the reservation, they were prepared for it as well.Special Features:
- Terrific!JFS1VIPDined on 5/16/2014Our first time here and it was REALLY great! Delicious and friendly. Thanks to our waitress who was outstanding!Special Features:
- Best truffle friesRriverariveraDined on 5/16/2014It was our first time there and although the ambiance was not noteworthy, the service was good and the food was excellent. We had the best truffle fries ever! The fish was also very good and the grape leaves were very tasty, we'll definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodCarovalVIPDined on 5/15/2014We love the Putterham Grille. The food is consistently good, the crispy calamari and the meze plate are particular favourites. The children are made to feel welcome and so they always look forward to eating here.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent!CoachBrezVIPDined on 5/10/2014A go-to restaurant for us. Very dependable and excellent. The tomato and mozzarella salad was extremely fresh and flavorful. Four entrees were chicken marsala (outstanding and some of the best marsala sauce that I've ever had), salmon (very good), shrimp scampi (a special - wife loved it) and flatbread pizza (a special - son said it was excellent.) Desserts of cheesecake, chocolate mousse cake, and baklava were super (we all raved about the baklava.) Service (Elissa) was very efficient, wonderfully pleasant and hardworking (as were the other staff.) We love The Putterham Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2014We had a lovely dinner. It was my birthday so we had gone with the whole family. The staff was incredibly friendly, the food was delicious, the service was excellent. At the end of the eve when we went over to the deli to order cold cuts the staff was super friendly and even though they had closed the deli he got me the corn beef brisket with a smile. To top it off he didn't charge me for the meat -:) We will surely go back!Special Features:
- Good experience at Putterham Grillefood4meVIPDined on 4/30/2014We enjoyed our first trip to this restaurant. We came early, so it was still quiet. The atmosphere is a bit too austere to be romantic, but it's a fine place for a casual night out. The service was good, and the food excellent. Only downside: it took a long time for our bill to arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, okay ambianceDianePDined on 3/29/2014The meat was delicious and tender, the mediteranean appetizer plate was delicious. The dining style was more like a lunch place and service was fair at best. But we would definitely go back for the greek style food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Good restaurant close to Boston College. Menu creative but not too fancy. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceacrossVIPDined on 3/25/2014The server was awesome, courteous, attentive, and darn cute.Special Features:
- Geed food, decent valuemxkieranDined on 2/14/2014Unassuming little place in a strip mall on the parkway. Steaks were pretty good, though could use some seasoning. Desserts were the highlight. The restaurant is small and not much for decor; looks more like a pizza joint.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Valentines Day was our first visit to the Putterham Grille. We shared a warm goat cheese salad for an appetizer and it was delicious. I had braised lamb shank and my wife had lamb kebab and they were both delicious. This was some of the best food I have eaten. The noise level was too loud for the ambiance to be romantic but the decor is upscale and pleasant. We will definitely return for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodCarovalVIPDined on 2/8/2014We love the Putterham Grille. The food is consistently good, and it's a great spot for a quick lunch, a leisurely afternoon coffee (and the coffee is much nicer than at the alternative neighbouring coffee source), an early supper after school or a full blown evening meal. You name it, the Putterham Grille delivers every time.Special Features:
- Fun neighborhood dining2deliciousVIPDined on 2/6/2014Putterham Grill has live music every week and welcomes new talent. The food was tasty, well prepared and served piping hot. The menu is quite varied. We were part of a large group that had come for both music and food as there were singers in our group. The house was lively and friendly, and the food was delicious. Best of all, it's right in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our neighborhood findUbblesDined on 2/3/2014We love this neighborhood restaurant. Always good food and service. Recommend it highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time to spareskinnybisquitDined on 2/1/2014The menu dinner food is good but the service was terrible. I ordered 2 bowls of pasta for the 2 children with me. It took forever and was too big and expensive for a kids portion. Also it had too much butter and oil on it.
- Have eaten there many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2013Have eaten there many times and food is consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Improved to perfection.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/23/2013Been many months since our last visit to this neighborhood place when service WAS awful. This trip, although crowded the wait staff was attentive in spite of the full house. Our meals included an Italian specialty, lamb shank, grilled swordfish and a shish kebob. Four different tastes but all perfectly prepared, tasty and cooked to the correct temperature. We're very pleased as we had been a customer since its opening but avoided it during its inconsistency period. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2013I came for dinner with a friend and we had wonderful and amazing service. We sat for 4 hours talking and eating and our server never made us feel like we were being rushed out. He was very professional and attentive as were the support staff. We had shrimp cocktail for an app that was a generous portion of 6 large shrimp and very tasty. Entrées were also generous and delicious. Gluten free options are available and prices are affordable. I would definitely recommend this place for a laid back, relaxed and yummy dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, slow servicesandiDined on 11/8/2013excellent food, slow service but friendly. Noisy ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice spot for a fine mealKennVIPDined on 10/12/2013This is a really nice spot where you can get a variety of terrific dishes for a very, very reasonable price. If you want to eat large and good but pay light, this place is a great find.
- As always, a great experience!RickDined on 10/11/2013Went for my wife's birthday w/my 24yo granddaughter. My wife had shrimp & lobster fra diavolo, I had lamb shanks w/rissoto, my granddaughter had butternut squash ravioli. Everything was excellent. Our main server was Nicole, she was helpful and cheery. Over all it was a happy birthday for my wife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please give me bread and water!LiseDined on 9/28/2013We started off strong. The onion soup was fantastic and the lobster bisque was incredible! I loved my autumn bisque - pumpkin and butternut squash soup with maple syrup. We thought we were off to a great start. Then when we asked for more bread or to get our water glasses refilled - total silence. It took multiple requests to multiple servers to get more bread (warmed pita bread in a small basket) and water. The main courses were fine - but hard to overcome the difficulty in getting water!
- what a surprise we had goingRicardoVIPDined on 8/20/2013what a surprise we had going there. It is only 2 miles from the House and I can't believe we have never thought about eating there. I had the best Veal marsala I have had in a long time. Do not let the outside fool you, this is a gemSpecial Features:
- Good but lamb overcookedMaxwellsFanVIPDined on 6/26/2013It should be a crime to overcook lamb - I usually like medium but would get med-rare next time so there is some pink. Delicious, however. And our salads didn't come but ended up going home with us because there was a lot of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatDebrisVIPDined on 5/17/2013Lunch is great- homemade soups are super. Dinner is consistently good. Interesting wine list with good options. Lovely homemade desserts . The chocolate mousse cake is the lightest and best I have ever had; try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy. Difficult to haveArleneVIPDined on 5/11/2013Too noisy. Difficult to have a conversation. They were low staffed so service was slow.Special Features:
- This was my second visit andFionaVIPDined on 4/22/2013This was my second visit and certainly not my last. It is a fun place to have dinner as the staff is so personable and the food so good - and not terribly expensive. My advice - don't miss this gemSpecial Features:
- Delicious food at fair prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2013Delicious food at fair prices. Very nice service. Overall, we really enjoyed our dinner at Putterham Grille. It is small and rather noisy, those were the only downsidesSpecial Features: