330 7th St
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepullmangws.com/
- Phone: (970) 230-9234
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00 PM Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Mark Fischer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our entire menu is available for off-site catering as well as additional items. Please email us for more information.
A word from The Pullman
Defined as a laid back neighborhood dining spot as well as a culinary destination, the Pullman provides imaginative simple food and drink, caring hospitality, comfortable surroundings and exceptional value.Continued
Our cuisine is simple American, tuned to farm to table movement...innovative and inspired.
Our cuisine is simple American, tuned to farm to table movement...innovative and inspired.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Pullman - Best Restaurants in Glenwood Springs ›
The Pullman reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (81)neighborhood gem (51)hot spot (42)special occasion (37)vibrant bar scene (19)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (16)notable wine list (13)romantic (13)great for lunch (12)scenic view (10)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)Show More
- Always great insteresting flavors, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014I have never had a bad meal or experince at The Pullman, this is my go to place for all my business entertainment and my personal favorite restaurant in Glenwood Springs. If you're staying in the valley for a few days be sure to try Mark Fishers other restaurants. His other restaurants are in the town of Carbondale, both on main street across the street from each other "Town" and "Phat Thai".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!GoodFoodFanVIPDined on 11/22/2014What a great experience! Food was awesome - whether it be appetizers, entrees or dessert! Service was also beyond expectation. John, our server, was attentive, professional and very knowledgable about all food and drink. I would go back in a heartbeat and also highly recommend!Special Features:
- Favorite place1977Hooked1Dined on 11/14/2014The Pullman is by far my favorite restaurant in Glenwood Springs. The atmosphere is always great, the service is excellent and the food is fantastic. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in GlenwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014We had a wonderful experience here. Our waiter David was awesome he explained the menu and helped us with our choices. The Osso Buco was great. Our drinks were great as well. Timing was a little off, I would have liked a little more time enjoying our "small plates" before bringing our "large plates"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2014Let's keep this simple - For a small Colorado mountain community, this place is fantastic. While the service was good (not exemplary, but good nonetheless), the menu selection and how ingredients are put together to make outstanding meals is what wins the day! Especially for the prices, the food here is fantastic! I also enjoyed the menu cocktails, which were creative and uniquely tasty. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Top notch foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014The food was terrific as always. Great ingredients, prepared perfectly. Favors that surprised and delighted. Service left a bit to be desired. The waiter was absent minded and had to be asked repeatedly for drinks, and answers to questions. It seems the servers were stretched a bit too thin.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Very nice food. Service was great. Enjoyed the gingerbread desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Knowledgeable, cheerful and calm service. Even when busy the service is superb.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We love the Pullman. Great food, great atmosphere, great service!Special Features:
- we had a memorable evenibgOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014No trip to Glenwood would be complete without a meal or two here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big city quality food w/ CO serviceBlureviewerVIPDined on 10/25/2014We tried this restaurant based on positive open table reviews and were pleased. The menu was varied and each item we tried - from appetizers to desserts to cocktails - was delicious. It ranked up there with many of the better East Coast big-city restaurants I've eaten at, but at a fraction of the price. The service started slow, and as soon as we mentioned that no one had been over to see us (a result, I'm sure, of a new hostess training) the manager made sure we had the quickest, best service ever, checked in throughout the meal and gave us free desserts. They went over the top to make sure our overall experience was a positive one. Next time I'll leave the kids at home so I can better savor the food!Special Features:
- Frenetic, noisy, epicureandiner242Dined on 10/24/2014Second time there, both on weekend evenings, the service and food were excellent, but the noise level was akin to being in a crowded bar, was noticeably annoying and detracted from a dining experience for which we had looked forward. Couldn't even hear the specials our very personable waitress proclaimed. If you're looking for a dining experience for which you'd rather not be required to shout across the table to be heard, this is not the place.Special Features:
- Incredible Find!MichelleInColoradoDined on 10/18/2014Great meal, great service. Be sure and book a table this place is very popular and deservedly so.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Awesome food. Wonderful flavor. Only thing that could be done to make it better would be to have a quieter atmosphere. It was really noisy inside.The prices were a little high BUT the quality of the food justified it. Add a buck a plate; lessen the Number of tables and quiet it down and it would be five stars all the way!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuggestionsDietChallengedDined on 10/17/2014We had a pleasant dinning experience. The food this time was timely even when ordered out of sync. The portions of protien are generous; I would prefer more vegetables less protien.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!DMnDenverDined on 10/17/2014We had a great time at the Pullman! The staff was friendly and welcoming. We were seated by a window which was great for people watching. The food was delicious! We had an appetizer, kimchi with peanuts, that we loved! We also enjoyed a lovely cream of cauliflower soup and a nicely prepared salmon entree. The service was excellent. I would definitely recommend The Pullman to any visitors to Glenwood Springs who are looking for a nice, and a bit more upscale, place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inga1FoodieDined on 10/15/2014We were amazingly pleasantly surprised to find The Pullman after a strenuous day at thr Arches National Park and the beginning of our drive back East. Everything about it was nice, but the reason to come here is the food! My husband had the roast chicken from the regular menu and I ordered the pork belly special. We both took our first bites and said "oh, my God!" This restaurant'so food could definitely succeed in New York City, although with the ambience of Glenwood Springs, why would the restaurant owners pick up and move?Special Features:
- kynicarDined on 10/13/2014My sister and I ate here last weekend and were blown away! The service was absolutely incredible. Despite us both having dietary restrictions, they were all very willing to work with us. Our server was very courteous and knowledgeable about the menu. His recommendations were excellent, and we enjoyed our meal. It was the best meal we had all weekend. The next time I am back in Glenwood Springs, I will be back to The Pullman as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2014Service was poor. Poor choice on menu. Personnel didn't seem to care if you were even there.Special Features:
- Creative Chef, Good food & priceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/4/2014Not necessarily expecting creative cuisine while traveling through Glenwood Springs, we were surprised by the interesting menu and the quality of the food. Carefully prepared, and served with reasonable care, our meal was delicious. The wine list, while not 'notable' was carefully selected and we were able to find a good wine to match the meal. The prices were also very reasonable. I would recommend the restaurant without hesitation...though I suspect this chef may well be going places.Special Features:
- Terrific in all regardsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014The food and the service were spectacular from start to finish. It was exactly as I have come to expect having eaten there many times and they did not disappoint. Don't pass up an opportunity to enjoy their food if you get the chance to have a meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favmildredDined on 9/27/2014pullman is my favorite restaurant in glenwood springs. fresh local whole food is important to me and they do a fabulous job at making delicious and unique dishes with real food! prices are good and i always take my out of town guests there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedFoodluvrDined on 9/26/2014Went to the Pullman after seeing it had high ratings. My husband ordered the special which was a chicken and dumplings type of dish with fennel. I had the skirt steak with gnocchi"tots". The steak was done nicely, but the tots were tasteless and gummy. My husbands dish had very little flavor except fennel. We felt they tried too hard to use "different" ingredients without great success. We wanted to like this restaurant, but were not impressed. Sorry. This place was bustling, though. I'd like to know what other diners ordered and liked!Special Features:
- A+HavenFDined on 9/25/2014This restaurant has it all! We had a wonderful experience!!! Food was phenomenal with a very creative twist. Felt very neauvea! Full service bar, great atmosphere next to the train tracks which was not noisy at all as very little trains pass thru. Prices seemed spot on for the quality! I adore any place that does interesting things like pork belly and truffled anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well prepared food good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014Though the chef is trying a little too hard to make standards seem original ( just try explaining the menu to your foreign in laws), the food is good, and everyone in our party was happy. Great service for a Colorado restaurant if you have reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and yummy foodBirthdaygirlDined on 9/17/2014Our waiter and then later, our waitress were very attentive and had great suggestions. When we asked about bike rentals, they took time to explain trails and places we could rent bikes.Special Features:
- Pullman 9/16 BirthdayJibtDined on 9/16/2014The food rocks. Had several starters and entrees. Matched expectations as knew Pullman reputation. Service was initially quite slow and disjointed. It did improve as we got past ordering drinks. Wine offerings need a lot of work. They're clearly trying to hit a specific price range--that's great. We like the price range, just so many more wines that fit into that range. Offering two - three choices in popular varietals along with lesser-known others that always represent a good value would upgrade this area signficantly. Appropriate offering of craft beers. Desserts were good--nothing special. Spicy vodka cocktail was great, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elbowDined on 9/13/2014First and foremost, we found the staff to be very attentive and knowledgeable, easily and comfortably describing the specials and able answer any questions we had about the menu. The service was timely but not suffocating. And the food? I struggle to find adequate words. There a rare moments when one can say that they had just had an opportunity to experience food that had been perfectly prepared and presented. This was one of those moments. Beyond delicious. A most memorable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upbeat fun foodie findMrsTDined on 9/13/2014A quirky attitude, funky menu, and expert craftsmanship combine to make The Pullman an excellent dining option. Interesting twists on hot food trends are served up by knowledgeable, kind and upbeat staff. A fun slightly funky atmosphere brings energy to your dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceNewbieFoodieDined on 9/13/2014From the excellent service given by Curtis to the delicious cuisine at the restaurant. Great service and food, provided a great evening. Would recommend to any and all friends visiting Glenwood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Trip to the PullmanMaryWinDenverDined on 9/8/2014We stayed at the Denver Hotel last year on a women's getaway and dined at the Pullman and really liked it. When we decided to make a quick trip to Glenwood this year also, I immediately made reservations for us at the Pullman. It has wonderful food, a limited but good wine list, and a trendy urban vibe in the mountains. The service was outstanding. I highly recommend the Pullman. We will be back.Special Features:
- Incredible NighteatingslcDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary and we were not disappointed. The food, service and drinks were all fantastic. The server recommended dishes throughout the night and we left very full and content. Great meal! Thanks!Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014We were celebrating my 50th birthday. I was thrilled with the food and the fantastic service!! We will definitely go back when we are in Glenwood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in GlenwoodreganaDined on 9/5/2014This was the 3rd time eating at The Pullman. The food here is the best I have found in the area. And while I think the menu and quality was not up to the previous two visits, it is still a far sight better than the other dining options in town. We were stuck in traffic coming up from Denver and the staff at The Pullman were kind enough to hold our table for 6 the additional 90 minutes it took for us to arrive. Kudos to them! The noise level has been high each visit and pretty much prevented conversation among my group of soft spoken ladies.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014This was our second time back to Glenwood Springs and we wanted to go back to the Pullman, where we were 17 months ago. It was just as good as we remembered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Loved This PlacejimofseattleVIPDined on 9/4/2014Before visiting Glenwood Springs for one night, I researched restaurants on Open Table and TripAdvisor and decided that The Pullman would be the place for us to have dinner. I was right. The staff is friendly and helpful, the atmosphere is upbeat, the food is delicious, and the cost is reasonable. I had beautifully grilled Colorado bass served over a tasty mixture of ingredients, and my companion had perfect mussels.Special Features:
- Best food in Glenwood Springs!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/4/2014So glad we tried this place. It is not fancy but what great food they serve!!! Very creative dishes at a very reasonable price. Highly recommend it to friends and relatives staying in Glenwood Springs or passing through on I-70.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent dining spotyouaskedmeDined on 9/2/2014We reviewed the dinner menu prior to making our reservation and were impressed by the thoughtful selection of creatively-prepared entrees. Our experience did not disappoint: the aged sirloin and pan-seared Colorado bass entrees were delicious. We enjoyed the restaurant's innovative sale of house wine by the milliliter in lab flasks (which you pour into your wineglass). We look forward to dining there on our next visit to Glenwood Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceFamilyof4Dined on 8/30/2014The Pullman was a pleasant restaurant. The ambiance was nice and the service was good and attentive. The food was good, but the amount was smaller than expected for the money. Adding bread to the service would have been a plus.Special Features:
- Consistently goodPullmanFan1Dined on 8/29/2014Great choice for Glenwood. Food always creative and tasty and a good value. Servers always excellent. Did bristle a bit at having made reservations about 2 months ago, yet got seated in the far corner next to the servers' station. Place is noisy, so if you want intimate, this is not for you. Burger was best have had since I can remember. Greens salad kind of salty--? Choc bread pudding, meh. Overall tho we always hit this place when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.