330 7th St
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepullmangws.com/
- Phone: 9702309234
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00 PM Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Mark Fischer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our entire menu is available for off-site catering as well as additional items. Please email us for more information.
A word from The Pullman
Defined as a laid back neighborhood dining spot as well as a culinary destination, the Pullman provides imaginative simple food and drink, caring hospitality, comfortable surroundings and exceptional value.Continued
Our cuisine is simple American, tuned to farm to table movement...innovative and inspired.
Our cuisine is simple American, tuned to farm to table movement...innovative and inspired.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Pullman - Best Restaurants in Glenwood Springs ›
The Pullman reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (45)hot spot (39)special occasion (36)good for groups (18)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (16)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (15)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (13)notable wine list (13)scenic view (10)late-night find (7)Show More
- Pleasant ExperienceFamilyof4Dined on 8/30/2014The Pullman was a pleasant restaurant. The ambiance was nice and the service was good and attentive. The food was good, but the amount was smaller than expected for the money. Adding bread to the service would have been a plus.Special Features:
- Consistently goodPullmanFan1Dined on 8/29/2014Great choice for Glenwood. Food always creative and tasty and a good value. Servers always excellent. Did bristle a bit at having made reservations about 2 months ago, yet got seated in the far corner next to the servers' station. Place is noisy, so if you want intimate, this is not for you. Burger was best have had since I can remember. Greens salad kind of salty--? Choc bread pudding, meh. Overall tho we always hit this place when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineoutDineoutDined on 8/28/2014TOOK MY WIFE AND KIDS FOR OUR 33 WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. THE HAMBURGER HAD NO FLAVOR AND THE FRENCH FRIES WERE COLD. VERY DISAPPOINTING
- Great food. Even better peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014It was amazing. The staff was polite and amazing and the food was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGKirkDined on 8/24/2014I had the braised lamb bolognase pasta that was so delicious. The sauce and the gnocchi and the lamb was a beautiful trio. The service was excellent. The manager came over several times and had great conversation with her. My girlfriend had salmon with smoked mashed potatoes that she said was spectacular. Next time in Glenwood we would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Could have been a nice dinnerheartCODined on 8/21/2014Although the food was creative and flavorful, trying to enjoy it with a table full of LOUD adults and poorly behaved preschoolers next to us made it impossible. We could hardly converse without raising our voices. I would strongly suggest getting a table outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Had a great dinner here on a busy Saturday night. Reservations worked our perfect -- and they were needed, very busy place. We sat at 2 tables in a corner area; staff was excellent helping us with a reservation for a party of 12. The menu is sophisticated and appealed to everyone -- carnivores, vegetarians, and kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprise find in GlenwoodskichumleyDined on 8/15/2014Chose to dine here based on some online reviews and we were glad we did! I did not expect to find a fine dining experience in this touristy mountain town that would compare to what one would find in Denver - what a pleasant surprise. While the service was adequate and the starters were just okay, the entrees and the cocktails were fabulous! Interesting take on an Old Fashioned - unlike any I've ever had. The pork belly and the duck meatball entrees were just out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rainy night in GlenwoodmariaDined on 8/13/2014I was greeted by a host who did not welcome me who said he did not have our reservation. He finally realized he had already seated my dining partner. His treatment was described by me to the server. I asked our server for a complimentary glass of wine for each of us. She was most helpful in making us feel welcome. Her service was wonderful and we had a great meal...full of interesting items. We would go back again.Special Features:
- We Loved It!AussieLadyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Interesting and yummy food that was a welcome change from the pub fare so common in Colorado tourist spots. The Spring H2O cocktail and the Black Forest Bread Pudding are on my "best ever" list. The arugula salad with pork belly and peaches was scrumptious. My one minor complaint was that the pace of service was a little faster than we would have liked, especially since the restaurant was not full.Special Features:
- What happened?eatoutalotVIPDined on 8/8/2014We used to love The Pullman and have visited often. This visit was so poor we may have to take it off our list. The service was awful. A solid hour between courses, and that was after the 45 minutes it took to get our starters!!! Half the food orders were wrong or ICE COLD when delivered and the quality of the food was way off. Drinks rarely refilled. Snotty waitress attitude...Hey when we ask nice for an iced tea or soda refill it should not take 20 minutes and then get some serious snarly looks to boot! Sorry we bothered you!!!! Ladies room had no toilet paper, we even mentioned it...not rectified even then. Is the staff not wiping either? We were so disappointed... seriously hope this was just an off day.
- NanoDined on 8/6/2014Salmon was wonderful. Not great seating for five or over. Lots of fun. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiscoveryPullmanFansDined on 8/3/2014As an out of tower just travelling through on vacation, we discovered The Pullman on Trip Advisor. What a find! The food was spectacular and the service was attentive without being intrusive. Our waiter, John, was able and willing to answer all our questions regarding the menu. We will definitely come back and will happily recommend The Pullman to friends and family.Special Features:
- PRETTY GOOD FOOD HEREdlk1947VIPDined on 8/2/2014WE WERE TOLD THAT THE PULLMAN WAS THE PLACE TO EAT IN GLENWOOD SPRINGS. THEY WERE RIGHT. THE CHICKEN WITH A MUSTARD FINISH WAS VERY GOOD AND AS STATED BY A PREVIOUS REVIEWER. MY WIFE OVERHEARD A WAITRESS PRAISE THE MUSSELS AND ORDERED THEM. THE BROTH AND FLAVOR WERE GOOD BUT SEVERAL MUSSELS WERE "MUSHY" AND HAD TO BE SPIT OUT. CAN NOT TELL WHETHER THEY WERE IN THE POT TOO LONG OR JUST OLD DECAYING MUSSELS. HARD TO TELL WITH MUSSELS AS THE SHELL REVEALS NOTHING. WE WOULD EAT THERE AGAIN-JUST NOT THE MUSSELS.Special Features:
- Off nightLocalVailDined on 7/31/2014We have gone here numerous times and always enjoyed it. The waitress was so off. Our friend asked for a beer on tap and she brought him wine. I ordered a salad. She brought my entree and offered to bring the salad then. When I said no, she commented that I would rather dessert! My mussels were good. None of the three other dinners liked their dinner or special soup course. Hope this is a one time off.Special Features:
- Lively Glenwood Springs venueBushmomDined on 7/27/2014Try the brined roast chicken as well as the duck appetizers. So good ! Restaurant is a 5 bells place, high ceilings, open concept and too much concrete and steel. Cannot hear yourself talk.Sit outside if you can. Food was great. OK Wine list for moderately priced wines.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big food in a small townOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014The Pullman is a must for those who what trendy delicious food. Not good for small children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big City Restaurant in Small CityJayBDined on 7/26/2014Spent weekend in GWS from Denver. Had been recommended to try The Pullman by two separate friends. We were not disappointed. Undoubtably the best restaurant I've been to in GWS having eaten out at least 8 times on multiple occasions. Ate appetizer, small plates and large plate and all were wonderful. Great beers on tap. Wish we lived closer so we could more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have to ask to many questionsTime2FlyAwayVIPDined on 7/22/2014Unless you are a foodie this place has to explain their dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good.CM2014Dined on 7/18/2014Wendys fast food is better than this place. 👎👎👎
- Love this place!pat19cDined on 7/16/2014We have been to The Pullman now 3 times and have never been disappointed. Amazing food with a menu that changes frequently. The cocktails are fabulous, too! Very knowledgeable staff and a funky ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GingerbearDined on 7/16/2014Great food what a surprise find in Glenwood Springs. A little slice of hipster Brooklyn in the mountains.Special Features:
- The Class Act of Glenwood.marcoliusVIPDined on 7/6/2014By far the best place we ate at in Glenwood Springs. Creative menu, excellent execution.Special Features:
- Creative FoodLC02Dined on 7/5/2014Enjoyed a lovely lunch outdoors... very creative menu... food was delicious and beautifully presented.. friendly atmosphere too...Special Features:
- Everything but the serviceColoradofoodDined on 7/4/2014We had made a reservation for 2 people at 7:30 on the patio. We arrived at 7:20 and the hostess told us she had just seated the patio and it would be at least 45 minutes. Why would she have filled her patio knowing a reservation was coming in at 7:30? It makes no sense. Then she said we could be seated inside within 10 minutes so we agreed and went to the bar to get a drink. 30 minutes later we had a table. There really is just no excuse for treating customers this way when they have made a reservation with you. The rest of the service was very slow but the food and atmosphere were up to par. Unfortunately we do not live near the restaurant and will not have an opportunity to give it a second try for quite a while.Special Features:
- Glenwood findEdwinDined on 7/3/2014I found The Pullman from various online reviews and there were conflicting viewpoints. After dining there it is wonderful. First great variety in cocktails to enjoy before dinner and then there was some really great stuff on the menu. My favorites were the perogies and the succotash. In fact I could of had those two as a main dish and been really happy! We tried many items off the menu and I would have to say there wasn't a loser on it! Great place and will be back!Special Features:
- Fab dinner with friends!!!SunnyDined on 7/3/2014We all met friends from Apsen and Denver at the Pullman and had a great time! The food was amazing and the drinks were wonderful!! Our waiter John is fab!!! He has waited on us before:).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- destination restaurantonceayearDined on 7/3/2014We've been coming here for the past three years that we visit Glenwood Springs for vacation. Service has always been great and food has been awesome. The only challenge we have is that since it's a once a year stop, we seem to always order too much.Special Features:
- Eclectic and Unusual MenukissmeinCODined on 7/1/2014Fabulous food - interesting dishes and SO DELISH! I had the mussels with Thai sausage and my hubby had the Duck meatloaf. Perfectly sized portions and you have to try the asparagus orzo as a side. Will definitely dine there again on our next visit to Glenwood!Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014My husband and I had a fantastic anniversary dinner. The food, the drinks, the ambience and our server was all amazing! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very good!BirthDined on 6/28/2014Make a reservation, I've never seen so many people turned away. My son had ordered a gift card and staff had it ready when we arrived. Great attention to detail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!Celebrate28Dined on 6/28/2014We found this restaurant on Yelp and made a reservation for our anniversary dinner. We could not have been happier with the overall experience! The setting was super cool, staff was friendly and helpful, and the food was outstanding. We arrived early and the bartender made sure that we knew we could eat at the bar if desired. When we told her we had reservations, she followed up to make sure we got our table as soon as it was ready. The waitress was so professional, friendly and attentive. And again, the food...delicious!Special Features:
- Gnocchi can't be beat!HappyEaterVIPDined on 6/22/2014I can't eat here without ordering the gnocchi salad. So simple yet SO GOOD! Don't miss it! Awesome service from Kim, who made dining with our 3 young children so smooth. Thanks, Pullman, for yet another great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014Fantastic restaurant and great service. The steak salad almost melted in my mouth! If we lived there we would be going to the Pullman very often. And especially to get the steak salad. It was amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CreativeCharoDined on 6/18/2014Creative combination of foods without being pretentious! Service was extremely competent! Casual setting!Special Features:
- had better had worsetastedenverDined on 6/15/20142nd time dining started out great however quickly went downhill when our server's station filled up....started with oysters and bubbles...ordered 3 more apps in which 1 did not show up because our server, Mike did not ring it in. (i understand being busy but Mike should have wrote down our order.) our main course was good I had Pork my wife had salmon (oh wait she ordered salmon but they ran out) we ordered wine with dinner and with striking out twice on bottle that we asked for we ended up choosing a moderate Zin. My biggest issue was the lack of choices due to the restaurant running out of items from wine to vodka to cuisine. I understand that it was a busy weekend (father's day) however, running out of product is a sin on a holiday ehSpecial Features:
- Great BrunchihartsnowDined on 6/15/2014This is a sparkling gem in a town where there are not a lot of "foodie" restaurants. We went here for Father's Day and were very happy we made reservations. The brunch menu has a very interesting mix of breakfast and lunch offerings. I chose the burger with a side salad. The hamburger came on an English muffin, perfect cooked medium rare, with a tiny bit of melted cheese. The salad was some greens with a light vinaigrette that was perfect. My husband got the Crab cake, which had a little bit of kimchee on it, which was really good! He ordered the very crispy shoestring fries. The service was great, and I think the prices perfectly reasonable for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything My Son Said it Would Be!CementManDined on 6/13/2014One of the advantages of having adult children is that you get the benefit of their experiences. After all, you raised them and shared with them the things you liked while they were under your roof. My son and his girlfriend loved this place and so did I! Some of the dishes are little unusual - duck meatloaf, truffle pork rinds - but well worth eating. Good selection of craft beers, spirits and good wines. When in the area, stop by. You won't regret it.Special Features:
- Spectacular Every TimeFoodiePatootieDined on 6/7/2014We come to the Pullman every year for our vacation and they are always friendly and the entire menu is delicious and very detailed. Whether you choose the lamb, the grass-fed burger or any daily specials it is always mouth-watering and flavorful. The staff is very professional, friendly, and knowledgeable when it comes to the main menu or the beverages. I highly recommend this restaurant. I have seen couples, groups, they have a modern industrial theme so if it gets too crowded it can get rather noisy. Would not recommend for children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ten in ColoradoColoradoFoodiesDined on 6/5/2014We were there for our 33rd anniversary. Menu choices were so unique and varied we had trouble deciding what to try. We ended up with 3 appetizers and 2 entrees. Please try the side of smoked mashers... The best side EVER! No entree over $21. We are going out of our way to recommend the Pullman and to eat there often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.