1200 L St
Anchorage, AK 99501-4265Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.inlettower.com/anchorage-dining.htm
- Phone: 9072228787x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 6:00am - 10:30am
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cameron Richardson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Pubhouse
Welcome to the PubHouse, Anchorages first Gastropub. Enjoy an ice cold beer from our large selection of Alaskan Beers on tap or a specialty cocktail. Our Chef will charm your taste buds with creative dishes prepared from the freshest local Alaskan ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Pubhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelQuiet
kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- low expectations metAgrodolceVIPDined on 10/13/2014We knew not to expect too much from a pubhouse, to hope for good bar food at best, mediocre snacks at worst. The solid Americana food (meatloaf, steamed clams) was actually great; the bistro food (grilled halibut, garlic mashed potatoes) was flavorless and overcooked. The egregious error was in not respecting the reservation (made through OpenTable) for our party of 3, one of whom was in a wheelchair. I wrote a special note to the restaurant to please arrange a table for easy access, to set it up for ease of our handicapped guest so there was not an awkward moment and moving tables and chairs, place settings, etc. I arrived 5 minutes early to find the table not only set but the host indifferent to "sit anywhere you want."
- MehS3a17AKDined on 10/10/2014I read the reviews online ahead of time so I knew what to expect, poor service, and they held up their end of the bargain. We were greeted by a server letting us know that our server was on a smoke break and would be back..........sometime. Uh, okay?? He took our drink and appetizer order. She arrived with the drinks, asked if we were ready to order. When asking about the menu she said EVERYTHING on the menu was amazing. WRONG! The potatoes were purple, odd, the meatloaf was greasy and the broccolini wasn't cooked. The fish tacos were tasty to me but sub-par to the other person in my party; Perhaps because my cocktail was delicious--old dog, however priced higher on my receipt than the menu
- Friday night dinnerDinnerDined on 9/26/2014We had a good experience when we had dinner at the Pubhouse this past Friday. It was not busy for a Friday night, so we didn't have to wait. The menu and wine list were descent, not a ton of options, but the selections I chose were good. The service was great, kind and speedy wait staff. Our dinners were ready and out to our table quickly as well. The ambience and decor was cute and inviting. Overall, good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good last minute group spotBdayDinnerDined on 9/15/2014Needed a spot for 8 and there were few choices for same day at 7:30pm. They were able to get us in and were friendly and accommodating but they did add in a 20% mandatory gratuity. Luckily they earned it. Decent food, good drinks and a fun time. Calamari was chewy and steaks were overcooked. Clams were good. Meatloaf dinner was really good. Only drawback is we didn't know it was in a hotel. Left our hotel to eat in another. Oh well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealRossDined on 7/28/2014Excellent food at reasonable prices. We enjoyed our evening with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 14 reviews are from the The Pubhouse reviews archive.
- Easter Brunch was AMAZINGScotticusDined on 4/20/2014My wife and I attended the Easter Brunch with our two young daughters and our Aunt. The buffet wa a GREAT price at nearly 1/3 of what the other "upscale" places in Anchorage were charging. The food was amazing. King Crab Benedict, lamb chops, eggs florentine, all were amazing. My daughter enjoyed the crepes but I will say "kid" food was limited. Overall our experience was great and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fish tacos!BabsDined on 3/30/2014Geat find, a bit off the beaten path, but a much needed quiet setting with great food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and cameKJinakDined on 2/14/2014The food was good and came quickly. The service was pretty good although the waiter forgot a few things but overall ok. One distracting thing was a lady talking loudly on her cell phone for like 20 minutes and then broke her glass. I would come back again though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening outneedleDined on 2/14/2014The Pubhouse has a comfortable upscale ambience. The food was good but the regular menu was limited, so you may want to check that on-line. They has a special menu for Valentines day and my wife ordered the lobster tail special. It was very good and a very good value. I had the fish tacos, which were good but nothing special, about what you'd expect I guess. It appeared that there was a regular crowd at the small bar as staff greeted them by name as they came in. I was happy with our experience and would look forward to returning for dinner again...It seems like a nice place to hang-out....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff and layoutthatguyDined on 1/24/2014The tables and chairs were spaced out to create a private seating for me and my girlfriend to tak and enjoy our night. LOVED ITSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2013This pub has a unique blend of local neighborhood residents (urban professionals), business travelers, budget conscious tourists/visitors, and retired vets who reside in the hotel that the pub is part of. It's an aged hotel but the Pub House is updated, well appointed, and offers a decent menu. The menu was a little more adventurous this summer but the food is good. Appetizer menu is pretty strong and great meals can be made from that. Wine list is not bad. Service is also good--young staff but fun and helpful. Not near as spendy as the downtown fare so worth the price and walk.Special Features:
- My new neighborhood favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013Cannot think of a more fun place for the girls night out we had....AMAZING food...Mac n cheese was excellent for starters...great wine menu as well. Burgers and fish tacos are the best. The service is top notch! ....and don't pass up on the bananas foster desert! WOW :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious, but pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013Went on a Saturday night. It is a beautiful restaurant inside a nice downtownish hotel. The servers were polite and friendly, but our friend didn't get his beer til we were done eating. They had to change the keg, but no one even stopped by our table after we got our food to let us know/check on us. I sat with my water glass empty the whole meal because we couldn't flag down a server. It wasn't busy. My husband and our friend were happy with their food selections. My husband had the banger and mashers: loved the food, but the portion was very small. Our friend had one of the cheeseburgers: good all around. I had the fish tacos: they were very unexciting. Its a really nice place for a quiet night out, but have had better.Special Features:
- Our family including two adults,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013Our family including two adults, two teenagers and two grandparents enjoyed themselves and liked the dishes they ordered. The staff is friendly and pleasant. The prices are very reasonable and the food was freshly made on site and tasted great. This is a great casual place to drop in for a nice dinner before going to the PAC. I would put it in the same category as the Bear Tooth Grill or the Great Alaskan Brewhouse only smaller and more intimate.Special Features:
- Near Empty Diningroom = No ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Made reservations. Only 4 of us. Only 2 tables seated in dinning room. Were seated at open window next to loud bar. 15 min before someone took drink order. 15-20 more for someone to take dinner order. 2 ordered meals, 1 ordered salad & appetizer, 1 ordered only Caesar salad. All came except Caesar. At least 15-20 min after meals served Caesar arrived. Waited on by 3 people, each saying thought someone was helping us. Strange.
- Sloooooow service. Friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013Sloooooow service. Friendly, but slow. Attentive, but slow on the food delivery and slow on the wine order.
- terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/16/2013The worst dining experience of my time in Anchorage, cold and shabby interior, waited over 15 mins to be told that one of the drinks wasn't available and then another 30 mins for the food. The food when it arrived was terrible, calamari like chewing gum covered in oil and flour and as for the rest I can't be bothered writing anymore just to say will never be back in this sad excuse for a gastro pub.
- Casual Dining Experience w/FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/11/2012Four of us (two couples) dined had Street Tacos, Spare Ribs, Shrimp Fetaccini, and Rib Eye Steak. Drings; marguerita and beer. The food was great, the service was a tiny bit bit awkward because we were the very first ones there, but all was very light hearted and congenial. The host and server were fun to joke with and they have a great sense of humor. We were all quite satisfied with the meal and lingered awhile to finish our drinks and chat. We have a club that is going to check out a group breakfast there and see how that is. The are able to accommodate a large group (ours is about 20) and we look forward to that experience. My second time there and both times the food and service was very good.Special Features:
- Took 20 minutes to get a scratchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/28/2012Took 20 minutes to get a scratch margarita that was way too bitter. Waitress was ditzy and couldn't do more than one thing at a time. Asked for our chicken wing appetizer to be extra crispy, they looked like they were boiled. We ended up cashing out and going to another place for dinner. We won't be back!