The Pub by Wegmans Montgomeryville
500 Montgomery Mall
North Wales, PA 19454Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Pub by Wegmans Montgomeryville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wegmans.com/restaurants
- Phone: 2676770760
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Entertainment available on select Fridays and Saturdays
A word from The Pub by Wegmans Montgomeryville
A variety of our favorite seasonal dishes inspired by Wegmans brand items and fresh seasonal ingredients. Craft beer, wine and signature cocktails made with fresh market produce in a casual, relaxed atmosphereContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
The Pub by Wegmans Montgomeryville - Best Restaurants in North Wales ›
The Pub by Wegmans Montgomeryville reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (14)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Good LunchIlovefoodVIPDined on 9/11/2014Stopped for lunch and had fillet sandwich with fries. The sandwich was so big I had to cut it with a knife. Great flavor and of course the fries were hot and crispy. My favorite fries ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceIlovefoodVIPDined on 9/4/2014Great food and service today at the Wegmans Pub. Music was really good too. I think they have music at least every Friday and Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great again!IlovefoodVIPDined on 8/29/2014Today I enjoyed the almond crusted salmon with spinach ravioli. I am not a huge spinach fan but this dish was great. The salmon was prepared perfectly and set on a bed of asparagus. I loved the white sauce. Great on the salmon too. Will have this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub @ WegmanslocalDined on 8/23/2014Considering this eating spot is part of a grocery store, I was pleasantly surprised by both the quality and quantity of the entree serving. It was a pleasant experience during a recent special PA beer and food event. I would definitely stop by again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodMaryDined on 8/5/2014$5 burgers were good, but over done (I had requested medium). Waitress very friendly, but not particularly efficient. My husband requested a second beer mid meal, and never received it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014For the most part, our group of five enjoyed their meal. Our appetizers were good. One's burger came with fried onions that were not ordered and one's burger was not quite done to his liking. But we would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emontel99Dined on 7/30/2014Our Book Club met at the pub for dinner. The table was in the back large booth. We could all hear each other speak and the food was very good. We will definitely go back. We arrived just before Happy Hour ended and were able to get our wine at $3.00! We liked that. Also our server was very good, attentive but let us linger without feeling rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer BBQ & BluespicklerDined on 7/18/2014Went here because of the above title. Enjoyed the drinks, enjoyed the barbeque, but apparently the night I went there was no Blues. They would be the night before or the night after. Not exactly as was advertised. There was an acqusitic guitarist, but after awhile all the music seemed the same and gave you a headache. Nice voice, but monotomous. Our waitress was a delight, extremely personable and very accomodating. Definitely a place to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014First time at Pub, trying lots of fun foods. Stellar calamari dish and french fries, filling fish tacos. Great options for draft beer. Will be back to try other menu items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick with the marketOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/28/2014The food in the pub was much more fried and with sauces and lots of salt. If you want healthy food, go around to the market and buy simple, fresh food there. Even asparagus was presented on a bed of mashed potatoes, which made it difficult to enjoy. The flounder stuffed with crab was not the lumps of crabmeat the market crabcakes have, but seemed like the leftover small pieces of crab with lots of filler. I loved getting fresh fish simply prepared at the fish bar in the flagship Wegman's in Rochester and was hoping for something similar at the pub. I guess "Pub" in the name should have been a clue as this was more like pub food than simple fresh market fare.
- Thanks againIlovefoodVIPDined on 6/24/2014Erin was great! Great service from start to finish. I'm a regular now! They of course know me by name. Thanks again for great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnerluv2dineDined on 5/31/2014The appetizers were great. The meal was good and filling. I didn't really appreciate the manager coming over twice requesting to take a dish off of our table that still had good in it that we were working on. Otherwise the place was pretty good for an impromptu meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect last minutehapiwmnDined on 5/30/2014The menu offers something for everyone...even vegans. I found the portions adequate and it was delicious. We called ahead but there were tables on a Fri. night about 7 p.m. I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- What a great lunchIlovefoodVIPDined on 5/29/2014We brought seven friends together for a little lunch today at The Pub at Wegmans Montogmeryville. Another amazing lunch. I had the seafood - almond crusted rainbow trout. It was amazing! Everyone had a great lunch! Thanks again to Wegmans for bringing this experience to us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 41 reviews are from the The Pub by Wegmans Montgomeryville reviews archive.
- ArjayVIPDined on 5/15/2014Good fod at a reasonable price. Plus happy hour wine price is a bonus although selection is limited. Fits the bill when you want to eat out mid week and don't want fancy or fast food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterfunDined on 5/10/2014My friend loves the lobster salad sandwich. Can't find them anywhere else around here. The fries are delicious. I like the steak wrap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catfish was amazingIlovefoodVIPDined on 5/6/2014Wow! The catfish special was amazing. It had been a number of years since I had catfish and the dish did not disappoint for lunch Tuesday. There was great flavor and the sausage and shrimp were an added treat. Would love to see this on everyday menu, but it rocked as a special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inside a grocery storeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014The ambiance of this restaurant is set up that you don't even realize you are basically inside a grocery store!! The decor and lighting are just right! And the food was delish!! They take an ordinary burger to the next level!Special Features:
- First timeMelanieDined on 4/11/2014Friday evening we tried dining at Wegmans. They have a nice beer and wine list. We shared a cauliflower appetizer that was done perfectly and a new treat. The food was delicious with ample portions. We brought food home. There was a guy playing guitar to entertain, which was pleasant. My Brooklyn based daughter kept saying it was hard to believe we were in a grocery store. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very good meal and serviceArjayVIPDined on 4/10/2014Very good meal and service at a reasonable price. Could use a few more options on wine list, particularly a New Zealand Sav. Blanc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceBbcriticDined on 4/8/2014It was very convenient after shopping; the server Brittany was excellent! I would not return for an entree; the salmon was just okay. I may try a salad or and app. Bread was excellent and I was thrilled that they had good wines by the glass: William Hill.Special Features:
- Good Meal for a good price, butArjayVIPDined on 3/31/2014Good spot to get a good meal at a reasonable price however be careful in your selection eg the "honey chicken quesadilla" was so sweet it was unedible -telling the server got us a "sorry"I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burger and friesch01Dined on 3/26/2014This was my 1st time there, I ordered the bacon cheeseburger that came with fries - both were very good. The fries were nice and hot when they arrived - which is the only way to eat them. I would have liked a little more salt (and I eat very little salt) but it was hard to do because they are served standing up in a cup. The burger was cooked as I requested, had a generous size burger and amount of bacon - and the bacon was cooked crispy the way I like it. I saw they had some nice appetizers that were only $4, I think on week days, 1 of those with a bowl of soup also sounded like a good option - will probably try that another time. Rita was prompt getting our drinks and asked if we would like some bread - which was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have Specials - consistency ?ChippyVIPDined on 3/17/2014Went there for St. Pats dinner. They had menu specials like corned beef and cabage, bangers and mash. Plus drink specials which is nice. I ended up eating the haddock fish basket. Was just ok.. We have been going here now since they have opened and their food consistencey is becomming an issue.. Decent beer selection as well. but Wegmans could drop off our list if they don't pick up the pace on consistency.. My fried fish was dry and overcooked..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRodgerDined on 3/15/2014My wife and I have dined at the Pub at Wegmans many times, but this is the first time we dined at the Pub at Wegmans at the Montgomeryville PA location. My wife an I were very very impressed compared to other wegmans locations the ambience in this location is the best I have seen. Our waitress was outstanding and the food as always was very good. I will definitely be dining their again.Special Features:
- Good addition to the areaDccrVIPDined on 3/7/2014Yes it is in the supermarket but that's part of the genius. I love the convenience of having a decent restaurant with great drink options right where I could also potentially get grocery shopping done. Service was very good. They have a full bar which was nice (we initially thought they just had beer and wine). The food was good pub fare, the fries were excellent. The bread and butter they give you was very very good (I almost never comment on that but it really was quite tasty). The ambience is lively but not too loud, you can definitely carry on a conversation with ease. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shockingly Good Food/Poor ServiceItalgalDined on 3/3/2014Great food. Terrible service and hostesses. Both times I've been have not had a good service experience. Seem untrained, young, and not up to to par with the great food! And it's not a cheap grocery store menu. It is quite sophisticated and well done so you expect the service to be of equal measure.
- Very enjoyable lunch for sevenEileenDined on 2/21/2014Very enjoyable lunch for seven friends, convenient location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2014Service very slow and no knowledge of menu. Ordered pub burger and lobster roll Burger meat tasteless and Lobster roll mostly celery Both orders of fries Cold
- Vday Steak OverdoneBlourbonDined on 2/14/2014I NEVER send and thing back to the kitchen and it was packed for Vday, so give em some slack. I have stopped in for an app and a beer when shopping, it is a great place for that. I probable will not have dinner there again. They had my favorite beer. Good pour of a Knob Creek. The staff was attentive while being busy. The steak was disappointing. The bus boy / runner was an idiot.Special Features:
- Perfect PubBlazDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I were looking for a new "go to" place once our favorite eatery closed over a year ago. We got the Wegamans Pub flyer in the mail and saw lots of good things on their menu. Since our first visit a few months ago, this is now our "go to"place. Not only is the food good, but our favorite server from the prior eatery work here now. So we are doubly excited. We have brought friends here and they love it too. Great food at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Supermarket diningDwamoDined on 2/1/2014Too much like eating in a supermarket. They really need to block out the restaurant more from the market. Terribly annoying live singer.Special Features:
- They were very accommodatinguniqueeleganceDined on 2/1/2014They were very accommodating and friendly. The food was excellent. We recommend this Pub to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not expect a wait!CarolPVIPDined on 1/24/2014Had lunch here right after it opened and was pleasantly surprised; food was tasty and reasonably priced. Decided to head back for dinner with friends on another night. Although we made a reservation through OpenTable, we were advised there would be a wait since the diners prior to us were just sitting at the table after receiving their check. The wait turned into almost a half hour. The staff was apologetic; however, made no attempts to at least let the previous diners know that there was a wait for the table. Thank goodness the food was wonderful, and we enjoyed time with our friends. Don't be misled by the fact that it sits inside a supermarket...this is a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time - another good experienceMominAmblerDined on 1/24/2014Food is good - not too expensive. Nice variety of beer, wine and cocktails. My husbands beer was flat flat flat! I let our server know and she took care of it immediately and we weren't charged. I liked our server Kendall - she did a great job. The eggplant parm sandwich was terrific, the soup was delicious. Tuscan fries are slightly bland - but better than standard fries. BUT - you must make a reservation - especially on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Wegmans Pub WarringtonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/24/2014Great food and quick service, good beer and wine selection. I would recommend this to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice environment, okay foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2014The restaurant itself is really nice. The atmosphere is great and you can't even tell you're in a grocery store. The presentation of all the food was excellent, but the taste not so much. We ordered a lobster salad and fish tacos. The lobster salad was really lacking flavor and the fish tacos had something really hard and crunchy in them that actually hurt to swallow. (might have been the cabbage?) The french fries had really great flavor though! Would be willing to try again, but they definitely need to add some more flavor to make the taste match the great presentation.
- First timepmrthirdVIPDined on 1/20/2014Went for appetizers and drinks with friends. All appetizers were very good, although portions were not large. When sharing among friends various appetizers, for 4 I think we ordered at least 6 or so to make up a meal. Although not a dessert eater, my friends are and I tried them all (3) and each was very good. Drink prices were reasonable, although we just drank mainly beer. Worth going back again and trying their meals or burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burger!MaryDined on 1/16/2014I had the Applewood smoked bacon cheeseburger at Wegmans recently. It was very good and I would recommend it.Special Features:
- 1st time visitroperDined on 1/15/2014This was our 1st time here, other times you had to wait. Used the reservation option and we had a great time, food was good and the service was everything we could have hoped for. Will revisit and would recommend to give it a try, you may be surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.