The Pub by Wegmans King of Prussia
1 Village Drive
King Of Prussia, PA 19406Neighborhood:
King of Prussia
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Pub by Wegmans King of Prussia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wegmans.com/
- Phone: 4846903560
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Chris Happel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available - inquire with the Wegmans Catering Department
- Entertainment: Entertainment on select Fridays & Saturdays
A word from The Pub by Wegmans King of Prussia
A variety of our favorite seasonal dishes inspired by Wegmans brand items and fresh seasonal ingredients. Craft beer, wine and signature cocktails made with fresh market produce in a casual, relaxed atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
The Pub by Wegmans King of Prussia - Best Restaurants in King of Prussia ›
The Pub by Wegmans King of Prussia reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (11)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (8)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great Service and Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014Our waiter was amazing and the food was very good as well as the beer selection. Also appreciated the live music. Only wished this stayed open later. But no one rushed us out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud Music Ruined Eveningfood2nowVIPDined on 10/10/2014We were thrilled to hear that Wegman's was bringing back the prime rib of beef on Friday and Saturday nights. So we made a reservation for last Friday night. The minute we walked around the corner towards the pub, we heard VERY loud singing and guitar music. We were horrified. We proceeded to the pub, thinking the singer would turn down the music or take a break. We asked the waiter to ask to turn down the music volume, which he did, but there was no noticeable change in the volume. The prime rib was as good as we remembered it, but the music was so loud it ruined the evening. The volume was deafening and no one in our party could hear each other speak. We noticed other people having the same problem. We will NOT be back on a Friday night.Special Features:
- A GemDaBronxBoyDined on 10/3/2014I've been going to The Pub at Wegman's King-of-Prussia since it opened several years ago. I've never been disappointed by the food, beers, wines, and especially the incredible service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/2/2014Great prices, tasty wine and food. A good surprise from a grocery store pub.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just keeps getting betterFoodiesx2VIPDined on 10/2/2014Every once in awhile we treat ourselves to lunch before shopping. The food is really very very good. Yes the place looks like a cafe in a grocery store, but a nice cafe! My husband had the special crab bisque soup and it compared favorably to the great classics down south. He had the fried halibut basket and found it delicious, with crisp coating and tender fish.I (vegetarian) had the vegetarian club sandwich - what a delight: delicious avocado,thin sliced tomato, crisp tempeh - they changed the bread for me. Service (2nd time with the same server) was a bit disorganized, but we have found the other servers much better New menu starts Monday. Try this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Good FindJoePVIPDined on 9/30/2014Don't turn back when you see that this is part of a supermarket...I almost did. The restaurant is separated well, the service is top notch and the food was excellent. Prices were very reasonable. This is a good find. Try it out...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blues & foodKQhappyhourDined on 9/18/2014Russ Lambert Blues Band was excellent as was the food and service.Special Features:
- MehSubukaiVIPDined on 9/17/2014I have had good experiences at the Malvern Pub - decent food and good value - but this visit to KOP seemed to be neither. I don't know if they both did away with it, but at the Malvern location, there was no tipping. I assume that (hopefully) the reason is that the workers get a full wage and not a restaurant worker wage. Not sure why they changed things, but it takes away the good value because now you're paying just as much as you would elsewhere.
- Bar TenderBoboDined on 9/16/2014The bar tender was not up to pare. She was at the computer screen and turned and asked what I wanted instead of coming over to me. I was ordering a dinner and did want some personal attention, instead of everybody knowing my business. She was not friendly. Also at the end of the meal she did not ask me if I like another drink, she just put down the tab in front of me. The other employees were very pleasant to me, including the man who cooked the lobster.
- beer weekkathydDined on 8/23/2014Loved the food and beer pairings! Great idea! Please do more! Maybe try something with wines?Special Features:
- Good 'Quick' Optiontbird1021VIPDined on 8/16/2014Went to The Pub as a last minute lunch outing on a Saturday. Was able to easily get a table. Service was great. Beer menu is very good. I had the fish tacos and my dining partner had the cheeseburger. The fish tacos were good but could have had less avocado and/or sauce because the fish was over-powered by those flavors. Burger was cooked almost perfectly. The fries were delicious! A great place to grab a quick bite to eat!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal space at a premiumdabbyDined on 8/15/2014A good place to meet a friend for a decent meal. Tables are close together to give the feel of a crowded pub. Food prep is in view from many tables. Noise and commotion are moderate which limits conversation somewhat. The lobster roll lacked flavor but the burger was tasty.Special Features:
- Always RushedLAS1Dined on 8/14/2014Food is excellent, but can't seem to stop serving staff from rushing the orders. Despite requesting that the entrees not come while still eating appetizers they arrived and then taken away and later served lukewarm. Only solution is to refuse to order entire meal at once.Special Features:
- good food - fast servicekathydDined on 8/12/2014I enjoyed my lunch tremendously! I ordered one of the featured items and loved it. Highly recommend for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!AreaVisitorDined on 7/19/2014I've never eaten at a Wegman's Pub before. We went for BBQ, Beer and Blues night and were pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent, the service good and the jazz duo were perfect for the meal. Will definitely definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blues at the Wegmans PubJohnnyBDined on 7/17/2014We had $2 beers and Blues music at the Wegmans Pub - it was a very good time and we will surely go back.Special Features:
- The Pub RocksDaBronxBoyDined on 7/11/2014The Pub at Wegmans King of Prussia is one of those unusual restaurant "finds" that you wouldn't think exists inside a supermarket. I've been there numerous times and it always impresses me with the great food, excellent service and solid menu. Also, the live music on weekend nights is a real treat. We've brought friends there on several occasions and they're usually blown away. The only problem is it's become well known and you definitely need reservations on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at the Grocery Store?JohnnyBDined on 6/28/2014One of the many surprises of Wegmans. I first visited the wegmans out in collegeville with my wife and another couple. When they suggested dinner at the cafe, I thought, 'they've lost their minds'. No way! I remember the gross-out lunch counters they used to have at K-Marts... Well, it was like finding Disney World in a grocery store. And there's a pub! The menu is varied, the food is great, the place is clean, and you don't feel like you're in a grocery store. Plus, staff is very friendly and helpful and the prices are reasonable. And now, wegmans is on Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 30 reviews are from the The Pub by Wegmans King of Prussia reviews archive.
- LolachicaVIPDined on 6/21/2014For a pub that is located in a grocery store, I found it to be overpriced. I had the turkey burger which had very little flavor. My friend seemed to enjoy her meal but her portion was small for the price.Special Features:
- NeighborDined on 6/14/2014The Pub has become a regular stop for us (usually Friday night). Who knew a "grocery store" restaurant would become a favorite dining spot. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and the food is a;ways well prepared and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodFoodiesx2VIPDined on 6/11/2014We love to eat here before we shop. Nice wines. The side Caesar is delicious and generous. My husband loves the haddock basket. Crunchy coating over tender tasty fish. I am vegetarian and got the truly delicious veggie club sandwich. Pleasant staff. Fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PubBellaBDined on 6/7/2014We met friends here on a Saturday evening. Unfortunately their grill was broken so they had a few sandwich, entree, & appetizer selections. They did attempt to call me to notify but I missed the call. Regardless of the menu we had a good dining experience. I ordered mahi mahi fish tacos which were very good & my friends got a burger which they enjoyed too. The seating area is limited and a row of tables right along the side of the bar but the ambiance was nice and the staff was very friendly & attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sublimeX4meVIPDined on 6/4/2014The food exceeded our expectations. It's better to not think of it as a grocery store restaurant. Better than TGIF, Applebee's, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise you can dine at Wegmans!WorthHavingVIPDined on 5/17/2014Undecided on a Saturday night, just hubby and I so we decided to combine a trip to the market with dinner. Decided on Wegman's Pub, and surprisingly found it decent. This isn't gourmet fare, but it is as good as their very fresh ingredients and talented chefs can make it. Plus they serve booze in the pub, making it a real Pub. I had the Scallops and Israeli Couscous, cooked perfectly, but without any real bite to it, the flavors were all pretty bland. Hubby had the Buffalo Shrimp and Chicken Quesidilla - both were very spicy. The place was about 1/3 full with all sorts of people. A hipster couple next to us, retirees nearby, I can see this place doing a good lunch business with the KOP office towers nearby. Grade - "B"Special Features:
- It'll DofoodieATheartVIPDined on 5/17/2014Struggling with not knowing the area we happened upon this place within the grocery. Lunch staff were more on point than the evening staff, food was mediocre considering the price. It's fine for a burger but don't suggest going gourmet.Special Features:
- Bad entreeluvchocolateVIPDined on 5/9/2014While the service was very courteous, the salad excellent, but the entrée was suppose to be vegetables and mashed potatoes, it was a huge portion of buttery mashed potatoes (enough for 4 people) mixed with a huge amount of onions, 3 peas and some zucchini. It was not edible, but was charged for it. The waiter knew I wanted no onions, he told them that, but still was served it and never asked if I wanted something else.
- You Can't Go Wrong...BryanVIPDined on 4/27/2014...because it's Wegman's. The food is fresh and the service was great. And, they just changed the Pub to be more of a restaurant than an afterthought, if you know what I mean. I'll be back.Special Features:
- They have some catching up to do...aviddinerVIPDined on 4/26/2014Our experiences at the Wegmans Pub in Malvern, PA have always been good. This location at King of Prussia was sub-par at best. The servers were inexperienced, there were two bright cold (and undimmable) CFL floodlights over our table, and my son's rigatoni came out tough and inedible. (A result of a poorly executed food service shortcut where you par-boil the pasta and then finish it in a frying pan prior to serving. It's a time saver, but if overcooked, the result is very tough, dry pasta.) Our complaints were met appropriately and professionally by the server and the manager. I think they're just relatively new and are still working out the bugs. Don't give up on this location; just give them another month or so to improve.Special Features:
- The Pub at K-O-P Wegmans is Great!DaBronxBoyDined on 4/25/2014Wegmans Pub in King of Prussia is a terrific place to dine at a very reasonable cost.Special Features:
- AmyDVIPDined on 4/24/2014good good, good service, some fun food choices. Hope they bring back the peanut butter pie!
- AmyDVIPDined on 4/22/2014We had a nice evening at the Pub. Good food and good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchCriticDined on 4/19/2014The food was good and the kids menu was perfect, the portions were more than enough for my children. The Pub Burger was excellent! Good service as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentradioladyVIPDined on 4/7/2014We've dined at the Pub at Wegman's several times, and each time had an excellent experience. The food is outstanding. Try the Pub steak wrap....it is to die for!! And the herbed fries are unbelievable.Special Features:
- Nice Lunch SpotCriticDined on 4/5/2014We were seated right away and the server was friendly and answered questions. Our lunch came out quick and the Lobster Roll sandwich was delicious and very filling I could not finish the entire sandwich, my husbands burger looked delicious and he said it was , in fortunately I could not try it do to it being Lent. They did forget to bring us out soup which was fine since we were stuffed from the entrees. I will definitely return to The Pub at Wegmans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food andPeetieVIPDined on 3/30/2014Consistently good food and good service. The menu varies often, so there is always something new to try. Overall a very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodHoosierbVIPDined on 3/29/2014Ok given that this is part of a grocery store, I didn't have really high expectations. The service though was very attentive without being obtrusive. The food was very good, including wonderful Bahn mi (beef short rib sandwich), very good fish tacos, and good cheeseburger and salmon. Very good beer and good wine selection as well. Ambiance downgraded given grocery store location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All this in a supermarket??????radioladyVIPDined on 3/14/2014The Pub at Wegman's is a great restaurant that happens to be in a supermarket, but it would be a great restaurant ANYWHERE!!! We were really overwhelmed by the ambiance, the service and the food. We were taken to the coziest seat in the house - an almost private little space that had a half-round banquette, and draperies all around. Our friend and I each had the "Steak Wrap" which was delicious pieces of sauteed steak and mushrooms in a sauce that was to die for, and included delicious fries. My husband had one of the best cheeseburgers he'd ever eaten. Everything was top drawer, but the prices were very reasonable!! We all left raving about it. In fact, my husband was ready to go back again the next night - it was that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy and ConvenientOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/13/2014This is attached to Wegmans supermarket and is convenient for a quick lunch or dinner. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Nice option in the hoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2014Good food good prices good service. What's not to like. It's simple hearty fare. I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and food shoppingFloanVIPDined on 3/8/2014Went to Wegman's to shop and decided to try the Pub. We were seated immediately (we had a reservation.) The service was efficient. I had the lobster roll sandwich which was excellent. Partner had the crab cakes which were also good. Nice beer selection - the Chimay Grand Reserve was a bargain. Creme brûlée also very good. Good place to go so that you can have a quick - good - bite and then get the shopping done.Special Features: