The Pub by Wegmans Allentown
3900 West Tilghman Street
Allentown, PA 18104Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Pub by Wegmans Allentown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wegmans.com/thepub
- Phone: 6103367960
- Hours of Operation:
11:30am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm -9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Geno Nosenzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inquire with the Wegman's Catering Department
- Entertainment: Select Fridays and Saturdays
A word from The Pub by Wegmans Allentown
A variety of our favorite seasonal dishes inspired by Wegmans brand items and fresh seasonal ingredients. Craft beer, wine and signature cocktails made with fresh market produce in a casual relaxed atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Pub by Wegmans Allentown - Best Restaurants in Allentown ›
The Pub by Wegmans Allentown reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (6)great for brunch (4)special occasion (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Eaten here many times.GflyrDined on 9/12/2014This time around a little disappointed with the crab pizza. Very very little amount of crab. But overall we love this place and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable SpotHomeCookDined on 8/29/2014Great service, good drinks and a nice selection. Good regular night out after a day at work. Better than bar food.Special Features:
- ReservationKristinDined on 8/22/2014Even though I made a reservation for four people ahead of time, when we got there we were given a table that was suitable for 8 to 10 people. It was in that alcove that was very poorly lit and the lighting was very poor. It was difficult to have conversation and it was very difficult to read our menus. Service is not the greatest. Even though the waitress was very nice, it would've been nice if she came and checked in more than a couple times. This also happened the last time I ate there. It took forever to get drink refills, and when I asked for extra ketchup, it took forever to get there. I appreciate that they want to serve the ketchup in little metal bowls, but it would be great to just have a bottle on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good was not greatapopnjVIPDined on 8/16/2014we went for dinner and we ordered the appetizers (won tons and crab cakes) which were fantastic, my wife ordered hamburger and she said it was really good i had ordered the scallops with isreali cous cous and it was just ok, the scallops was over done and the cous cous was a little bland. My son ordered the tomato soup with bacon and that was ok as well as the fried calamari which was almost burnt and way over done. Also my other son had the mac and cheese which was bland and nothing special. The price for all the food plus one bottle of angre orchard was about 79 w/out tip. I do not believe it was to bad but you decide. Will go and try again. Good atmosphere.Special Features:
- JacknowsbestJacknowsbestDined on 8/3/2014I enjoyed asking the waitress which dish special, on the menu, she liked the most. I selected her choice and was extremely pleased! It's nice to know that the chiefs ,who work at Wegman's,want their waiters and waitresses to know the BLT's "bites, licks, & tastes," of all dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/1/2014I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful this place is.....food was great. Menu was extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love good foodLovefoodDined on 8/1/2014While the hostess was very nice and attentive, our waitress didn't check back very often and twice forget to bring a drink refill when asked.
- Be Better PLeaseBookclubberDined on 7/25/2014I love Wegmans, and have tried the Pub 5 times. It should simply be better. This time service was only ok and the fish and chips were ok. The worst part of this visit was the fries ,which normally rock, were cold and a bit soggy. I will keep trying because I love the idea of dinner than shopping on a Friday night. Love the curtains.
- Great food presentation and serviceluvtocruiseDined on 7/19/2014Very surprised and pleased for a Supermarket pub. Had the pulled pork sandwich with fries special, wonton appetizer. Food was excellent and definitely not your typical sandwich. Service was outstanding! Food was presented with a flair you would find in a more elegant restaurant but atmosphere was cozy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!CalmclamDined on 7/18/2014Yum! White bean hummus is outstanding! Service is great very attentive. Not as comfortable seating wise or noise level as other restaurants however the food makes up for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night outernsueDined on 7/11/2014The pub was great, the food and service also great. We will go back many times.Special Features:
- Big Disappointmentluv2eatoutDined on 6/21/2014Wife And I are long-time Wegmans supermarket customers. We went out of our way to dine at The Pub previously for lunch which was excellent. Second visit for dinner was a big disappointment. Salads and stuffed founder entree were good. But my strip steak entree was poor. Worst 12-oz strip steak I've ever had. Meat was tasteless and covered with a heavy gravy. Creme brulee was not up to Wegmans standards. Would not order this dessert again. At this point we would return for lunch, but not for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parents night out at WegmanDeZinna6Dined on 6/18/2014We put the kids into the parents night at wegmans program they are upstrs we dined in the pub our food was good & we received it in a timely manner. We will do this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 53 reviews are from the The Pub by Wegmans Allentown reviews archive.
- Great Spot for a BiteAndyDined on 5/15/2014If your shopping and need a burger or just looking for a quick bit the Pub at Wegmans has it. Good food. Good beer friendly service. Adds up to a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We had a wonderful time ... great live piano music. Food was delicious. When we are in Allentown, PA again ... we will have dinner there again!Special Features:
- DisappointingdoodlesDined on 5/8/2014I love to shop at Wegmans but the Pub was a terrible disappointment. The coating on the wings was awful. It's too expensive for what you're getting.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014food excellent ,service could have been more attentive, we had to ask for desert menu and didn't really check on us,but overall a good experience and we will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoseDined on 4/23/2014We went to The Pub for an office lunch and we all enjoyed it. The food was very good; service was excellent.Special Features:
- Good food! Interesting option!PAcajunDined on 4/18/2014Overall, it was a very pleasant experience-inside a grocery store but good food and great service!We started with a shared order of Calamari - lightly fried (almost too fried) but tasty side sauce.It was sitting on a bed of olives&peppers - eh..Husband ordered the smoked bacon burger and it was HUGE -mostly BREAD (roll was too big) but with taking off the top and using knife and fork,he said it was delicious. I opted for the crab cake appetizer (avoiding the big bread issue from above) which was 3 dollops of crab cake.It was not too much filler and a good deal of crab.I also had the tuscan fries which were regular fries with chunky garlic and herbs(on weeknights they have sweet potato fries which is what I wanted). They were tasty!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturtday Night OutDiningOut3Dined on 4/5/2014Our experience at the Pub was a very good one. Our waitress, Jess W. did a wonderful job. She was very nice and helpful. The food was very good. We had the jamaican jerk hot wings for an appetizer and then we ordered our meals. We had the fish tacos, hamburger and my daughter had the mac and cheese. Everything came out great. We enjoyed the Pub and will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is VERY good. ServiceGMom07Dined on 4/2/2014The food is VERY good. Service was very friendly and NICE.Special Features:
- Maybe an off night?OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/28/2014Went prime time on Friday night with my wife and a friend. Every table and seat at the bar was packed. My friend and I both had burgers, and my wife had the salmon. Everything was over cooked, to the point that my friend could only stomach 1/2 his burger. Wife said the light sauce and veggies were good but the salmon was almost in edible. Luckily the prices are decent, to take the sting away. They did take my friend's burger off the bill. Good beer selection. Ambiance is different; you are eating at a grocery store restaurant partitioned with drapes all around. A cop walked through the place, and there was one visibly intoxicated guy mulling around, topped by a mediocre acoustical set from a musician. Experience was a bit surrealSpecial Features:
- Fabulous fish tacosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Truly enjoyed the fish tacos, arugula salad, draft beer and buffalo shrimp. Very delicious, great price.Special Features:
- Date night at the "PUB"PolarBearDined on 3/19/2014First time visit on our "date night", with 6:30pm reservations, we were quickly seated, waitress was there to introduce us to the beverage and food selection since it was "happy hour" when we arrived. Service was top notch, with any member of their service staff taking and delivering our drinks and food orders. The pub menu was a good choice for my wife who enjoyed the variety, I had the "Maine" lobster roll with their fries, which was tasty but missed something when comparing it to our "down east" servings, can't put my finger on what was lacking but overall it was just enough to enjoy. Happy hour appears to be a hit, the Pub was filled with patrons of all ages, and they appeared to be enjoying the setting, the beverages and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to grab a quick biteMindFreakVIPDined on 3/15/2014good food, good drinks, good service, good location. the menu could be a bit larger but other than that it's great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A TV placed on the grocerypieholeDined on 3/13/2014A TV placed on the grocery store side of the dining area would be good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jush ehMrsKruseVIPDined on 3/11/2014I want to love it. I really do. I will say that the new menu is improved, but the food & the service still doesn't match the price point.
- Good food. Ambience is betterDogLoverDined on 3/9/2014Good food. Ambience is better now that they're closing curtains so that you're not reminded so much that you are in a grocery store. Good place to hook up with a friend and talk over a meal. It is a bit noisy, but it is a Pub. I've been there before and the service was great. The last time, not so great. But, could have been a fluke. It's open on a Sunday which is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit too noisy...lots ofKDCTDined on 3/4/2014A bit too noisy...lots of external noise on this evening. Several delivery carts being moved outside The Pub made it very difficult to talk and hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceburgerloverDined on 3/3/2014Went to the Pub in Allentown for the first time to try the burgers. Food was great and waitress Carla was exceptional. Plan on returning may times to try other foods on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our food was delicious.kimyankeeDined on 3/2/2014They have gluten free buns for the burgers. The mussels were very good and loved the cauliflower. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly goodZmstangDined on 2/23/2014Nice variety, able to accommodate for food allergy. Good beer& wine selections. Despite being very busy, our service was great. Only one complaint; we had to wait 15 min or more, even though we had a reservation.- Hey, everyone wants to eat here!(which is a good thing)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backUnpretentiousFoodieDined on 2/14/2014Ok..Wasn't 100% sure what to expect and was in many ways pleasantly surprised. Lobster bisque was respectable...rich and creamy without tasting of butterfat. Salmon was slightly overdone and a bit dry, but flavorful. Skirt steak was expertly seasoned and cooked to perfection as requested. Service was very attentive and a notch above what I expected, extremely accommodating. Very noisy, though; bleedthrough of the live music down the hall mixed with the overhead music, and tables very close together; not a place for a romantic dinner, but definitely a place to grab a dinner and drink with friends. Wine was served at room temperature instead of chilled as a sweet red should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mingVIPDined on 2/14/2014As usual good food, pleasant environment, interesting people, overall nice place for a non restaurant, amazing place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- **AndyDined on 2/1/2014I did not care for how close together the tables were. I heard every single detail of the tables next to us that were complaining the entire time so that made the experience unpleasant. The food was good and the waitress was nice but it took about 20 minutes just to get our drink and I saw the drinks made and sitting at the bar for about 15 minutes. It was just an okay night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wegmans pubCARMDined on 1/31/2014Went for lite fare. Enjoyed the appetizers;shrimp and mussels were very good. Love the seasonal martinis and really enjoyed the entertainment; acoustic guitar player-really good! Made for a nice start to the weekend for our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!!!!BrittyBratDined on 1/24/2014The food was fantastic!! I especially loved the sriracha lime wings and curry cauliflower!! Yummy! They had a decent drink selection (although I know nothing about wine). The service was kind and prompt!! I only have 2 complaints 1. This restaurant will need to be bigger!! (It is just so delicious you will eventually need to expand soon!) 2. We need another pub in the Bethlehem Wegmans! I will absolutely be back and soon!! I love Wegmans and this just sweetened the deal!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tablecmdwDined on 1/17/2014Only complaint was table was directly across from kitchen entrance-little ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal at a fair price.ZebraCattyDined on 12/28/2013Overall a good experience. The service was just ok. The French fries that accompanied the sandwiches were cold and over cooked. However, the sandwiches were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total DisappointmentRegretDined on 12/22/2013it was the first time there, the waitress doesn't have any idea about the menu or the drinks , about what they have and haven't. the food was tasteless and bold. my family and i has been a Wegmans Bethlehem daily customer since 2003 , and we were happy to hear about the Pub and we were excited to go there but i was embarrassed as i accompanied with us a friend visiting from CA, the food and service were shockingly below the average and away far from Wegman quality and reputation. it was a very bad experience for me and my guests and i had to apologize from them.Special Features: