The Pub by Wegmans Allentown
3900 West Tilghman Street
Allentown, PA 18104Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Pub by Wegmans Allentown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wegmans.com/thepub
- Phone: 6103367960
- Hours of Operation:
11:30am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm -9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Geno Nosenzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inquire with the Wegman's Catering Department
- Entertainment: Select Fridays and Saturdays
A word from The Pub by Wegmans Allentown
A variety of our favorite seasonal dishes inspired by Wegmans brand items and fresh seasonal ingredients. Craft beer, wine and signature cocktails made with fresh market produce in a casual relaxed atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Pub by Wegmans Allentown - Best Restaurants in Allentown ›
The Pub by Wegmans Allentown reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (18)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (7)hot spot (3)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- A bit too noisy...lots ofKDCTVIPDined on 3/4/2014A bit too noisy...lots of external noise on this evening. Several delivery carts being moved outside The Pub made it very difficult to talk and hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceburgerloverDined on 3/3/2014Went to the Pub in Allentown for the first time to try the burgers. Food was great and waitress Carla was exceptional. Plan on returning may times to try other foods on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our food was delicious.kimyankeeDined on 3/2/2014They have gluten free buns for the burgers. The mussels were very good and loved the cauliflower. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly goodZmstangDined on 2/23/2014Nice variety, able to accommodate for food allergy. Good beer& wine selections. Despite being very busy, our service was great. Only one complaint; we had to wait 15 min or more, even though we had a reservation.- Hey, everyone wants to eat here!(which is a good thing)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backUnpretentiousFoodieDined on 2/14/2014Ok..Wasn't 100% sure what to expect and was in many ways pleasantly surprised. Lobster bisque was respectable...rich and creamy without tasting of butterfat. Salmon was slightly overdone and a bit dry, but flavorful. Skirt steak was expertly seasoned and cooked to perfection as requested. Service was very attentive and a notch above what I expected, extremely accommodating. Very noisy, though; bleedthrough of the live music down the hall mixed with the overhead music, and tables very close together; not a place for a romantic dinner, but definitely a place to grab a dinner and drink with friends. Wine was served at room temperature instead of chilled as a sweet red should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mingVIPDined on 2/14/2014As usual good food, pleasant environment, interesting people, overall nice place for a non restaurant, amazing place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- **AndyDined on 2/1/2014I did not care for how close together the tables were. I heard every single detail of the tables next to us that were complaining the entire time so that made the experience unpleasant. The food was good and the waitress was nice but it took about 20 minutes just to get our drink and I saw the drinks made and sitting at the bar for about 15 minutes. It was just an okay night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wegmans pubCARMDined on 1/31/2014Went for lite fare. Enjoyed the appetizers;shrimp and mussels were very good. Love the seasonal martinis and really enjoyed the entertainment; acoustic guitar player-really good! Made for a nice start to the weekend for our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!!!!BrittyBratDined on 1/24/2014The food was fantastic!! I especially loved the sriracha lime wings and curry cauliflower!! Yummy! They had a decent drink selection (although I know nothing about wine). The service was kind and prompt!! I only have 2 complaints 1. This restaurant will need to be bigger!! (It is just so delicious you will eventually need to expand soon!) 2. We need another pub in the Bethlehem Wegmans! I will absolutely be back and soon!! I love Wegmans and this just sweetened the deal!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tablecmdwDined on 1/17/2014Only complaint was table was directly across from kitchen entrance-little ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal at a fair price.ZebraCattyDined on 12/28/2013Overall a good experience. The service was just ok. The French fries that accompanied the sandwiches were cold and over cooked. However, the sandwiches were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total DisappointmentRegretDined on 12/22/2013it was the first time there, the waitress doesn't have any idea about the menu or the drinks , about what they have and haven't. the food was tasteless and bold. my family and i has been a Wegmans Bethlehem daily customer since 2003 , and we were happy to hear about the Pub and we were excited to go there but i was embarrassed as i accompanied with us a friend visiting from CA, the food and service were shockingly below the average and away far from Wegman quality and reputation. it was a very bad experience for me and my guests and i had to apologize from them.Special Features:
- Different than ExpectedbluebikerDined on 12/13/2013Was expecting a unique pub experience. What we got was a restaurant a little too close to the grocery market crowd. So much money wasted on a nice bar area that is too close to the beer and wine checkout and automatic doors. Not enough pub type apps and traditional fare. A little pricey for the weird atmosphere. Another down side is there is no parking section just for the pub so we ended up having to park very far away. Sad to say although it is minutes from my home I will not be going back anytime soon.
- Second VisitBCSunshineDined on 11/22/2013This was our 2nd time and it was on a very busy Friday night. We were glad we had reservations, as we got seated within 5 minutes, while others before us were still waiting for a table. Ordered the same cocktail as last time that we loved, but it was not at all like the previous ones. Either wrong cocktail or missing ingredients. The server did not charge us for it. Food was good as usual, though it was a long wait between salad and entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingWDSWNVIPDined on 11/16/2013Mediocrity best describs our experience. Service was acceptable, but not notable. The tomato soup, while freshly made, was bland and had virtually no flavor. The fish and chips were quite good, and while the Steak Tip salad had quality greens, the beef was tough and stringy. My guess is lunch would be OK here for a burger, but I would not recommend this as a restaurant for dinner.Special Features:
- Disappointed :(SteveDined on 11/8/2013Service was outstanding, food and price was disappointing. Prices were high for a pub. My prime rib was tough and didn't even come with a vegetable. There was seven of us dinning at the table and our thoughts were all the same, wanted to check the pub at Wegmans out, but we don't need to come back. Oh.......the bread was outstanding!
- Good foodBikeNFunDined on 11/3/2013Wegmans food is always well prepared and tasty. We eat at the Pub often. Last time there, it was really cold and drafty. Felt like we were in a warehouse.
- Delicious!KristyDined on 11/2/2013We wanted to try the Pub since they opened more so out of curiousity. Glad we did! Menu was limited but the food was excellent. Give it a try. You'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a Grocery Store this DinningmingVIPDined on 10/30/2013For a Grocery Store this Dinning establishment is like a 4 star gourmet restaurant. The menu can be a little limited however there is always one or two from each column if you know what I mean. We have dined 3 or 4 times and continue to go back. Quite a nice place. So convenient service is very nice. Bar service is extensive. Just can’t beat it.Special Features:
- A wonderful timeLetsEatDined on 10/30/2013My wife and I and our friends had a wonderful time. The food was excellent, and the service even better.Special Features:
- Good for a quick biteBikeNFunDined on 10/27/2013If you don't mind the grocery store environment, the food is very good. I like the salmon, hamburger, salads, etc. High top tables are fun. Service is quick and friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected 5 Star ServiceBCSunshineDined on 10/26/2013Looking like a bistro style restaurant (next to the beer section of the grocery store) we were totally surprised by the service, food, and drink selections. We were dressed for grocery shopping, and felt somewhat awkward with our elegant table setting, attentive waitstaff, presentation of food - BUT that will not stop us from returning again and again. There are several entrees that we have to try and some desserts we have to have again! The best surprise was our total bill which was lower than one would expect for all of the aforementioned.
- For a Pub / Restaurant inmingVIPDined on 10/18/2013For a Pub / Restaurant in a Grocery Store, they go out of their way to make you feel like you are in a 5 start establishment, white linen napkins, original appetizers, other original entre creations. Believe it or not make a reservation especially Friday or Saturday..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to qualityGerriDined on 8/25/2013We were in a large group and were disappointed in the quality of the food. The soup was delicious and so were the flavored fries, however the rest of the meal was lacking panache. The foods were over salted and not flavorful and dry. This could be made better if recipes were prefected. The service was great and the wait staff very, very friendly.
- Everyone in my party enjoyedBeckalaDined on 8/7/2013Everyone in my party enjoyed their food selection, however, my chicken was dry and over cooked. The high chairs were very uncomfortable and the restaurant was noisy.Special Features:
- Great Service - Poor/Fair FoodGreatService4SureDined on 8/7/2013Service was wonderful - our waiter was attentive & professional. The food was marked Fair. My daugher enjoyed the rigatoni dish. I had Salmon, didn't think all the flavors meshed well (overkill w/the artichokes & peas). As for my husband, he went with the special that evening - Ribeye 12oz for $24.00 - it was as flat as a pancake - 1/4 of an inch thick - - very disappointing when you consider the beautiful steaks you can purchase at your meat counter. Definitely not worth $24. We purchase your steaks all the time (our favorite are the filets). So disappointing to see that you do not use the same cuts of meat in your restaurant. Would make it so much better!! If i do return, i would probably stick to a salad or burger next time.Special Features:
- Excellent food, drinks, and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2013My wife and I dined at The Pub this week and were not disappointed. Through all courses, we were continually surprised with the quality and freshness of the food, carefully prepared by the chefs in their open kitchen. Their selection of beer, wine and mixed drinks was quite good as well. We will definitely be returning. Our server was very cheerful, helpful and very attentive to our needs and really made us feel welcome and special - something you don't come to expect from a "pub." It's a funny thing to enjoy a DATE at a restaurant, but these guys definitely pulled it off. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its a grocery store?satisfiedVIPDined on 7/30/2013Har to beleive that you can begin or complete your grocery order while here, hit the pharmacy or find some craft beer accross the aisle - but this one is good. THe menu seems slightly limited, but unusuall.. its all good. We have eaten here a few times now and have always had a decent dinner and good service. Its angaging and a little "different" in the setting, bit otherwise enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGretchDined on 7/18/2013The service was great, food arrived very quickly. Was exactly what we were expecting based on friends reviews. Great job! The food, service and drinks will make us return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mahi Mahi very good basiljeffDined on 7/13/2013Mahi Mahi very good basil pszza excellent Hamburger and fries were very good except type of roll too big. Service was friendly and attentive. Pub has a great atmosphere but could be better if closed off from the supermarket checkout lanesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations were too highEatinOut13Dined on 7/13/2013My husband and I had high expectations for The Pub at Wegmans. Used to have "date nights" at the cafe in Wegmans, so we were excited about The Pub! When we arrived for dinner we were unsure. Our table was against cafe seating, which made us feel that people dining there weren't "good enough" to eat at The Pub. We could see and hear them and vice versa. It was a bit awkward. The menu is limited, so it took us a while to decide on what to eat (calamari, fish/chips, and mahimahi). Beer selection was also very limited. Our waitress told us we could go to the store beer back to the table, but we already ordered and didn't want to "work" for our meal.Food was decent,service was great,staff are friendly, but it just wasn't what we were expecting.Special Features:
- Not GoodDispleasedDined on 7/11/2013We went to The Pub at the newly renovated Wegmans in Allentown, Pa. In the Collegeville The Pub always had a no tipping policy. The reason for this was because Wegmans paid their restaurant employees enough, that the customer did not need to tip. The menu is on the high side example lunch entrees are between $11.00 (only for 1 item) to $15.00. Both stores seemed to be priced the same. We were shocked when our bill came and on the bottom it said gratuity not included. Our lunch bill was $35.51 before the tip & we only drank Ice tea. This means Wegmans just gave themselves a 15 to 20% increase because they did not lower the prices from when tip was included. We will not be eating at The Pub anymore. They have out priced themselves.Special Features:
- Great time! Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2013This was our first time eating at The Pub at Wegmans. My husband started off with the Buffalo Shrimp.....so tastey! The dish was very filling in terms of an appetizer, he said he could've stopped there. Instead, for dinner he ordered the skirt steak cooked medium. WOW! Cooked to perfection! Again, very large portion with potatoes, and arugula salad. Delicious! I had chicken under a brick.....amazing flavor and another dish that was cooked to perfection. Last but not least, we had our 13 year old son with us who ordered the Pub Burger and Tuscan fries. Our son is a VERY picky eater....he ate the entire burger and most of the fries. What a great meal! We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wegmans is better as a food storeFoodiesVIPDined on 6/30/2013Our party of three was seated right behind the hostess stand at a high-dining table. Most tables at the Pub are of this sort. The chairs are very difficult to move and maneuver. Where does a female put her purse? Hooks under the table would be a welcome addition. Three feet above our heads was a security camera watching our every move from close-up. Listening too? The entrees my companions and I had were not enjoyable. Something was missing in each of them. The waitress was surprised I didn't eat my meal. I told her I just didn't care for it. She asked what other local restaurants I liked. I told her I enjoyed Kome. She got very defensive and told me she had awful meals there. That was it for the Pub.
- Better at GroceriesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2013Wegman's excels at groceries and prepared foods, but is learning the differences in operating a fine dining establishment. Kitchen seemed overwhelmed as meals arrived slow. Generous portion, but limited menu. I would suggest offering more "pub fare" as the high top stool seating and proximity to good looking bar is more appropriate than offering "gourmet" entrees in a crowded, noisy bar area.Special Features:
- Dinner after workOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2013We enjoyed a classic pub style dinner with mussels and fish n chips. The variety of beers was great.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemLisaDined on 6/25/2013Very nice meal at reasonable price. We had the salmon and skirt steak. Tasty indeed. Outstanding service, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerBillyDined on 6/22/2013The food, and the service was very good. Hope the menu has more choices as time goes by. You call it a Pub, but the menu has no "Pub" choices in the evening when people want a burger and beer after a movie or shopping. Food though was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.