The Prime Smokehouse
2800 Rock Quarry Road
Raleigh, NC 27610Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
The Prime Smokehouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.primesmokehouse.com/
- Phone: 919-832-8685
- Hours of Operation:
Closed Relocating to Rocky Mount
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Barbecue, Soul food
- Executive Chef: Ed Wiley III
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site and off-site catering is available with special menus for: receptions, weddings, graduations, family reunions, tail-gate parties and office or holiday parties, etc. visit: www.primesmokehouse.com/Catering.html for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Personal Buffets and special Menus are available. Large-screen TV monitors, Wireless Internet for business meetings. Private dining room accommodates up to 85 people. Event-planning expertise.
- Private Party Contact: Yalem Kiros 9198328685
- Entertainment: There is live entertainment from Wednesday through Saturday nights. In addition to the most renowned local and regional acts, our lineup includes internationally famous jazz and R&B artists. The Jazz Icons Series features the likes of superstar musicians Ronnie Laws, Roy Ayers, Norman Connors and Jean Carne There is live gospel on Sunday for special occasions. Check: www.primesmokehouse.com for music, comedy and other entertainment specials during the week.
- Special Events: The restaurant is Southeast Raleigh's only hub carrying the NFL Sunday Ticket. In addition to being able to see all games, there are several drink and food specials, including half-price wings, barbecue sliders, fish and shrimp baskets, beer buckets, shots and cocktails. Dinner theater and a monthly women's artistic group are the newest addition to The Prime Smokehouse calendar. A complete Special Events Calendar is available at : http://primesmokehouse.wordpress.com/
A word from The Prime Smokehouse
Raleigh location Closed Relocating to Rocky MountContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Prime Smokehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- Doors Chained ShutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/3/2013Drove out there from N Raleigh based on the reviews but arrived to find the doors padlocked shut and several other potential guests standing outside as well. Ended up returning to N Raleigh and dining closer to home.
- HORRIBLE! DO NOT GO HERE!!APD2Dined on 2/2/2013I had been to this location previously and absolutely loved it! I then decided that for my husband's birthday that I would throw a surprise dinner for him here with 8-10 people coming to the restaurant all from out of town. I made my reservations 2 weeks in advance for 7:15 PM for a party of 8 when at 5 PM that day, I get a phone call telling me that they've experienced an "emergency" and are going to have to be closed for the next 2 days which of course had me scrambling to find another restaurant in only 2 hours for a large party. When I asked TPS if they would provide future complimentary accommodations, they told me no. Go to The Big Easy instead!
- A great place for small toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013A great place for small to moderate group lunch. The lunch specials provided an excellent selection including vegan. Some "weight Watchers" were also pleased with the menu. Thanks for providing a neighborhood resource for fellowship after our Mid-day Bible Study Group.Special Features:
- Great Food, great atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2013Great Food, great atmosphere, great music...would highly recommend!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/22/2013Staff was very friendly, the side dishes were fantastic and the ribs were real good. But, the brisket an pulled pork were flavorless and dry.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013There were several of us that had arrived with confirmations through Open Table. For some reason we received the reservation confirmation through our personal emails, but the restaurant didn't. The staff apologized for the mistake and made sure that we were accommodated. The music and food were both great. We will definately be going back. The staff was professional, and the patrons were first class. I can't say enough good things about this place.Special Features:
- Great food and wonderful music.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013Great food and wonderful music. If I had to complain it was that I had to have another waiter bring me cutlery, napkins & condiments. They were really busy so I understood the disappearing act at times but overall We had a blast.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was very soothingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013The atmosphere was very soothing and inviting. The food was great and the music was incredible, I wish it was bigger so they had a dance floor. Overall my wife and friends enjoyed their experience immensely. The owner was very approachable, very in tune to his customers.Special Features:
- I would like to let PrimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013I would like to let Prime Smokhouse that I Thourghly Enjoy my evening there. It was my First time being there but I can truly say it won't be my last !!! The Food was Outstanding, the atompsphere was relaxing. Great Place !!! Thank YouSpecial Features:
- Interesting dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/4/2013Interesting dining experience. Good food combined great live jazz.Special Features:
- The southern food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012The southern food was very good and affordable. The wait staff and management were very friendly. The ambiance with jazz playing in the background was vibrant. I enjoyed my dinner very much. I will be returning very soon.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time celebratingChelleDined on 12/22/2012Had a wonderful time celebrating my husband"s 40th B-day !!!! Would definitely come back and bring more people !!!! Absolutely loved it ;o)Special Features:
- Food & music for the Jazz SoulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012Pluses for the Prime Smokehouse include the best smoked meats we've had since we've been in the Piedmont the last 13 years; Wonderfully warm staff who are proud of their work; Best of all are the talented jazz musicians playing various nights of the week. This is some very well crafted music. The only minus for this restaurant is the store front location. It deserves a finer home that can maximize acoustics and put its patrons in the right frame of mind to give the artists (food and music alike) their due.Special Features:
- This was a great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012This was a great place to dine with friends. The live music is awesome. This is a real gem within the neighborhood. Ive already made plans to return next month with even more friends.Special Features:
- the service was not good theirOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012the service was not good their seems to be not enough service waiters and waitress the entertainment was excellent AJ AND COMPANY performance was very professional and the music was very good please have them perform again i will be there with my bells onSpecial Features:
- Great southern food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012Our group really enjoyed having our annual Christmas dinner at The Prime. The good southern cooking was delicious. I especially like the fried green tomatoes, something that you cannot find just any ole place. We liked it so much that we plan to come back as a group on a night when there is live music.Special Features:
- Smoking in EntertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2012Very nice staff of people. Though the waiting service was poor, the waitress & hostess was very friendly and apologetic. There were not enough menus to go around, and they were severely understaffed. Had to go to the bar to get your drinks. The entertainment was great. The place had a pleasing ambiance and very clean. It was a packed out. Must have reservations or plan to wait forever. Food was okay, and mixed drinks good. Don't go in a starving state, because you will have to wait to get served. I do plan to go back. Overall, it was good experience.Special Features:
- I visited your restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/30/2012I visited your restaurant last Friday night. The food was good; but the service wasn’t up to par. It was a little disappointing when your wait staff tells you that if she doesn’t get us out before the stage performance that she will be in trouble. We had no plans to stay for the show; but feel that we were rushed out anyways. At any rate, we all could have afforded the $10.00 cover fee. I feel that when you pay for a meal, that you should at least have time to eat it in peace. We are all hard working people and should not have been treated so poorly. Not sure that I will ever come back to your establishment.
- Don't go hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2012The way this place is described on their web page does not match the actual experience. It's a total bust! My family and I decided not to cook thanksgiving dinner this year (2012). What a mistake. The food was average. It didn't look professional. Food was served out of dollar store tin pans. There wasn't a large variety. It was not even considered a gloried family reunion. As a matter of fact, a family reunion would have had better food, a variety of food and an excellent atmosphere. This "buffet" is certainly not worth $21.99. The web page references its decent pub food that makes it a place many locals ruled out as a family destination. I didn't get the same feeling. I would never visit this place again. It wasn't a experience.
- We were looking for a placeLizncharlieDined on 11/22/2012We were looking for a place to properly celebrate Thanksgiving and were hoping for a nice time with great food and music. Prime Smokehouse surpassed our expectations! We were greeted and instantly felt welcomed and at home. We were treated like family. The food was unbelievably good and the macaroni and cheese is to die for. We can't wait to get back there!!Special Features:
- Food was very good. TheytriguyVIPDined on 11/22/2012Food was very good. They were have a Thanksgiving Jazz Brunch when we went there. Music was excellent.
- We spent our ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2012We spent our Thanksgiving dinner time enjoying the live jazz music and great food.Special Features:
- Service could have been better!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Service could have been better! Cornbread was hard as a rock and very cold! However, I enjoyed the 3 meat combo w/brisket!Special Features:
- The Best Jazz & Food In Town!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012The Prime Smokehouse offers a wonderful evening of great jazz and great food. It is my favorite place to go to celebrate special occasions, on first dates and Girls Night Out. I highly recommend it for great food, amazing entertainment, wonderful service and a warm and relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/11/2012Sunday buffet... very tasty... large assortment... very affordable. We will returnSpecial Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012This was our first time visiting Prime Smokehouse. We are from Clinton, so it was about an hour drive for us. We were really excited about being able to hear live jazz. We were pleasantly surprised. Not only was Big Daddy Miller and company excellent musicians, but the food was fantastic. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Tasty - will be a regular spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2012We were a little concerned when we pulled up - the restaurant is in a non-descript strip mall next to an open lot. Walking in, we were greeted warmly and shown our table - the reservation was recognized and we had the place pretty much to ourselves. The beer & wine lists were expansive and reasonably priced. We shared an appetizer of the fried green tomatoes and it was agreed they were of exceptional quality, served piping hot with a spicy mustard dressing. For the main course we had the ribs, some brisket, roast chicken and the fish 'tacos' - all wer delicious although the fish tacos(not good for sharing). We closed the meal with bread pudding (delicious) and peach cobbler (doubly so) - hoping the sweet potato pie will be ready next time.Special Features:
- We had a marvelous time atUmUmGoodDined on 10/26/2012We had a marvelous time at Prime Smokehouse. We live in Cary and thought the restaurant might be too far out but it is worth every travel minute it took.Special Features:
- Great food and great entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012Great food and great entertainment on weekends--love their live jazz music.Special Features:
- Food was good but took wayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012Food was good but took way to long to get. Special occasion caused us to be seated in the bar area and was not good experience for our very first time.
- My husband and I drove fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012My husband and I drove from Fayetteville to celebrating our 25th. wedding anniversary there and we had a blast! The only real issue was the confusion over seating despite the fact we made reservations, other than that scary moment everything was great. We are planning to return with other jazz and food lovers. What a special place that's worth the hour drive!!!!! We need something like this in Fayetteville!Special Features:
- This was the most enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012This was the most enjoyable experience. I look forward to dining there again.Special Features:
- Initimate setting to listenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Initimate setting to listen to live jazz. The owner walks around and talks to everyone. The food was fabulous.Special Features:
- Great Soul Food Date NightFizzDined on 9/28/2012Awesome Soul Food and Ambiance for a great date night. My date and I really enjoyed the Live Jazz band, they were Spectacular. There is $10 cover charge per person included in your food/drink bill if there is a Live Band performing.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed the experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012We really enjoyed the experience. It was our first time and we will be back. We will tell all of our friends!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the Prime Smokehouse.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012We enjoyed the Prime Smokehouse. We were there celebrating our wedding anniversary! The food was very good and the live Jazz was excellent! We look forward to going back! We were seated near the bar and the bartender was out server so when he got tickets to make drinks we were neglected a little during our visit. We need a regular server but other than that small issue we were fine. The mac n cheese is the bomb and the ribs are off the chain and I cant forget the cornbread! It was all so good!Special Features:
- Nice date night spotSassySueDined on 9/21/2012I enjoyed the live music, however, I feel there should be more time between the shows. 1.5 hours does not always give you enough time to have your appetizer, dinner, and after dinner drinks. I felt rushed to leave before the next show started. Maybe consider having the show a minimum of 2 hours apart. The ribs were fantastic and the mac and cheese. The brisket was a little overcooked and dry. The wait staff made several errors that night but overall, we still had an enjoyable night.Special Features:
- A MUST GOOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2012A must go!!!! The owners are hands on in this neighborhood gem. They welcomed me and my out of town guests graciously. The bartender chatted with us regarding drinks and made a great Apple Margarita. (must try) The food was incredible! We had appetizers and a generous helping of ribs, collards and mac and cheese. Everything was hot, fresh and yummy. The entertainment was as incredible as the food!Special Features:
- Prime Smokehouse is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Prime Smokehouse is always a fabulous experience. Wonderful entertainment, food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Overall, the ambiance wasMarkDined on 9/13/2012Overall, the ambiance was great. It was live music night and it was way too loud. You could not carry on a conversation. Food was not bad but would not go back due to the overall experience.