The Prime Rib
1701 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Prime Rib
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theprimerib.com/
- Phone: 2157721701
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Eddy Castillo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Piano and Bass
A word from The Prime Rib
Gargantuan cuts of prime beef, extra thick chops, and simply prepared fresh seafood are the straightforward offerings of this steakhouse that evokes the supper clubs of Manhattan in the 1940's. Leopard print carpeting, black lacquered walls trimmed in brass and tuxedoed waiters complete the elegant atmosphere, featuring live piano and bass nightly. Dress code is business casual.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Prime Rib - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
The Prime Rib reviews from OpenTable diners
251 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (192)romantic (166)fit for foodies (91)notable wine list (69)good for groups (68)neighborhood gem (49)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (19)late-night find (13)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (7)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Always What You Expecttata48Dined on 10/17/2014From setting to service to the excellence of food. You are never disappointed. Specials like this night's Dover Sole was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointedFauxBlondeDined on 10/12/2014The restaurant is lovely. The service was great. The food...not so good. The prime rib was nothing special and the beans we ordered were overcooked and mushy. I expected a lot more from this restaurant with regards to the food.Special Features:
- First Date PlaceTallFoodieDined on 10/11/2014The food was quite good and I would say it is a great "date night" restaurant.Special Features:
- great prime rib and steaklikasteakDined on 10/11/2014Prime rib and steaks were outstanding and cooked to perfection. I must admit that I was tempted to order the special fish offered, fresh Dover Sole, which is a personal favorite.Special Features:
- Prime Rib was primo.n2dsouthVIPDined on 10/11/2014I would highly recommend the Prime Rib to anyone looking for a posh, classy place to go for a wonderful and excellent dining experience. The Prime Rib reminded me of night clubs from years ago, with live music. It was refreshing to go to an establishment where service is the top priority and people come dressed appropriately for a night out on the town. I hope to dine at the Washington, DC location in the near future.Special Features:
- Good and not so goodbbebVIPDined on 10/11/2014We were hoping for a special dinner to celebrate a special birthday which was only acknowledged with a gratis dessert. We were seated promptly and then waited quite some time and after others arriving after us, if we were interested in drinks. Wine and martini fairly priced for the venue. We perused the menu and had to ask for bread which while good, consisted of one roll and a small loaf. Our shared escargot appetizer came with no plates, so we used our bread and butter plates. The lamb chops were tasty, but poorly presented. The crab cake had a lemon and cocktail sauce on the plate which provided some detail. The side vegetables were lukewarm and over priced. We selected the Prime Rib because of its reputation, but now wonder why.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Absolutely fabulous!!! Great food! Went here for my husband birthday! Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big City afficiofoodie1Dined on 10/11/2014Prime Rib was a top steak/seafood dining experience-on par with top places in NY! Wife ordered seafood(sole/colossal shrimp)-I ordered a perfectly done dry aged strip. Evening went without a hitch, including a complimentary dessert for our anniversary. Piano player was a great addition. Place is pricey but that's what you pay for great food these days!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014We recently went for a birthday dinner~ the service was wonderful, the restaurant very pretty, the piano player was nice...I just felt that for the price the food was just so-so.
- Always OutstandingBellagirlDined on 10/5/2014The Prime Rib is always, without a doubt, outstanding from beginning to end. We recently went for my birthday and I would say hands down best service we have ever received & Patrick was so friendly. It was my birthday & I really wanted surf & turf (not on the menu) and Patrick said that's not a problem! We can make it happen. Really? You never hear that anymore. I honestly can't say enough about Patrick & The Prime Rib. Love it there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very upscaleTwins2mommyVIPDined on 10/5/2014We enjoyed the food! The steaks were delicious! They had a pianist playing which was wonderful. This is a place for older people though. We were the youngest people there. It's dated and looks like your in the 50s. Waiter was kinda snobbish. But the food was amazing.Special Features:
- Our favorite place to eat in PHL!KewlKellyDined on 10/4/2014Awesome service, delicious food, and sophisticated surroundings! Able to hear each other speak w/o straining while having a the murmur of other diners in the background! It is the whole package of fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Prime Rib is a classicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014We have been to the Prime Rib several times. Each time, I have been impressed with the food and the service. The restaurant elevates the dining experience, too, as the jazz is wonderful and just the right addition to a wonderful climate for eating classic food. We loved it!Special Features:
- Outstanding!msu1985Dined on 10/3/2014The food, service and atmosphere were outstanding. This was by far the best prime rib I've ever had!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best in Philly in all respectsJimandJoDined on 9/30/2014From the moment you enter you know it is going to be great. Just to sit and have cocktail then head off to your table for the best meal you will ever have. The service is great and when you need any questions answered it is done without fuss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dine there frequentlyMishDined on 9/30/2014as always it is a "silk amongst wools!" my only issue was that the waiter, kep filling our wine glasses to almost 3/4 full, instead of allowing it to breath, and not "gulped" like grape juice. actually had to tell him to stop! also asked him to de-cant the wine, never showed up with de-canter.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerdiner1Dined on 9/28/2014This is my favorite restaurant. I like everything about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The waiter was not attentive. It is not necessary to continue my reviewSpecial Features:
- Stellar Service and foodBoboDined on 9/27/2014I've been here before. They extended restaurant week to the end of the month! I took advantage of it. My cousin is a big meat eater and she is very picky about her meat and the way it is done. She has been very disappointed at the many top notch steakhouses like Ruth's Chris, etc. As soon as took the first bite, her eyes lit up. She confessed to me that she was scared to be let down at such a beautiful establishment and the reputation it withheld. She was happy!!! As for me, I don't eat land animals! I had the salmon and it was not disappointing! It melt right in my mouth, the way it should be! I highly recommended and will be back again! The piano and the ambiance was great!Special Features:
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Terrific atmosphere, staff really took care of us. Piano played Happy Birthday while they brought my wife's dessert out with a candle. Excellent meal.Special Features:
- excellent place to go!romanticdinerDined on 9/26/2014The Prime Rib is an excellent place to go for a romantic dinner. The server was exceptional and made sure we were happy. We both had the prime rib and it was done to our liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week specialPdugDined on 9/24/2014Restaurant week was extended and the results were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryIljbDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Prime Rib and could not ask for anything more! The food was fabulous, the atmosphere was very nice(love the piano player) and the service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was impeccable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014I am definitely a foodie and this place tops the charts all the way around! ...u will not be disappointed! ....loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreamy atmosphereSweetiePiex3Dined on 9/19/2014This was a spectacularly romantic spot for couples and a perfect place to dress up a little and hit the town. Loved the food, the atmosphere, the service and especially the piano player singing Louis Armstrong. Superb.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekHillaryDined on 9/19/2014I was at prime rib bcs of restaurant week.I choose the angus sirloin for the main course and it was fine.But we have to wait for a while for it probably about 45 mins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinekingdinekingDined on 9/19/2014Great food and service. I would recommend to any one as a special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerAndyDined on 9/19/2014We went to the Prime Rib for a birthday dinner and had a great time. After a slow start, the service was consistent and attentive. We didnt know it was Restaurant week and were thrilled to have such a tremendous meal at a great price. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Restaurant Week SpotFrequentDinersDined on 9/19/2014The Prime Rib hides in a hotel but don't let that deter you. Wonderful ambiance and service (not too attentive), the prime rib melted in your mouth and was a very good portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant Prime RibDeeJDined on 9/19/2014This is one of my favorite resturants. I have been in for resturant week and special occasions. I love the Prime Rib. My family and friends have had the salmon and chicken. Everything is always wonderful. The service is excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good ribsShannnonDined on 9/19/2014Tender and great ribs, nice setting, good service. Would recommend for restaurant. The normal menu is quite expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Prime Rib was a great find.KMofFoxChaseDined on 9/19/2014I was looking for somewhere to take my husband to celebrate his birthday. After reading through reviews for local restaurants, I selected The Prime Rib. I am so glad I did. The food and service were excellent. They helped us pick a nice wine to go with our dinner, from their extensive wine list. We both had a fabulous time and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- We love Prime RibLeeC123Dined on 9/17/2014Every bit of every dish is delicious! Our server Frank was excellent and helped make this birthday dinner special! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceILikeFoodDined on 9/17/2014Delicious Food, warm atmosphere, excellent service, prompt delivery of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smartcookieVIPDined on 9/17/2014Second time visiting during Restaurant Week one guest's chicken dinner was grossly undercooked. Other meals were fair. Waiter was pretencious.
- Excellent!!NeeshaDined on 9/17/2014My service was excellent (from the time that we walked in until we left). Our server gave us great feedback when we asked about particular items on the menu. The crab cake and the prime rib were amazing!!! I'm definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First good bitey0leatsDined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed the meal selection for Restaurant Week. The roasted tomato soup was fresh made-mmm-mmm good. The Salmon was fresh, moist and delicious. Dessert of Key Lime Pie was a great balance of not too tart & not too sweet, but smooth and delicious. I would have preferred a choice for the vegetables. maybe offer rice or potatoe, spinach or string bean. maybe carrots too. I look forward to dining here again. The servers were very attentive to our needs for an enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceribloversDined on 9/17/2014Restaurant week is sometimes not as fun as one would like. Our experience at the Prime Rib was perfect. Tony was a great waiter and was quite interesting, offering suggestions, since we had Makers Mark manhattans, for other ways to enjoy bourbon, such as shrubs (which we were unfamiliar with) and where to purchase. The meal was very good and. all in all, a great evening. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Tasting FoodMeatRobDined on 9/16/2014Beautiful restaurant with excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentjdmmemDined on 9/16/2014Prime Rib was excellent. Ate at the bar. Joe provided great service. When in Philly for the summer (snowbird) I go here at least once or twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.