The Prime Rib
1701 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Prime Rib
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theprimerib.com/
- Phone: 2157721701
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Eddy Castillo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Piano and Bass
A word from The Prime Rib
Gargantuan cuts of prime beef, extra thick chops, and simply prepared fresh seafood are the straightforward offerings of this steakhouse that evokes the supper clubs of Manhattan in the 1940's. Leopard print carpeting, black lacquered walls trimmed in brass and tuxedoed waiters complete the elegant atmosphere, featuring live piano and bass nightly. Dress code is business casual.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Prime Rib - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
The Prime Rib reviews from OpenTable diners
263 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (198)romantic (173)fit for foodies (90)notable wine list (71)good for groups (70)neighborhood gem (52)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (19)late-night find (11)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014This is my favorite restaurant. I like everything about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The waiter was not attentive. It is not necessary to continue my reviewSpecial Features:
- Stellar Service and foodBoboDined on 9/27/2014I've been here before. They extended restaurant week to the end of the month! I took advantage of it. My cousin is a big meat eater and she is very picky about her meat and the way it is done. She has been very disappointed at the many top notch steakhouses like Ruth's Chris, etc. As soon as took the first bite, her eyes lit up. She confessed to me that she was scared to be let down at such a beautiful establishment and the reputation it withheld. She was happy!!! As for me, I don't eat land animals! I had the salmon and it was not disappointing! It melt right in my mouth, the way it should be! I highly recommended and will be back again! The piano and the ambiance was great!Special Features:
- excellent place to go!romanticdinerDined on 9/26/2014The Prime Rib is an excellent place to go for a romantic dinner. The server was exceptional and made sure we were happy. We both had the prime rib and it was done to our liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week specialPdugDined on 9/24/2014Restaurant week was extended and the results were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryIljbDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Prime Rib and could not ask for anything more! The food was fabulous, the atmosphere was very nice(love the piano player) and the service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was impeccable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014I am definitely a foodie and this place tops the charts all the way around! ...u will not be disappointed! ....loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreamy atmosphereSweetiePiex3Dined on 9/19/2014This was a spectacularly romantic spot for couples and a perfect place to dress up a little and hit the town. Loved the food, the atmosphere, the service and especially the piano player singing Louis Armstrong. Superb.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekHillaryDined on 9/19/2014I was at prime rib bcs of restaurant week.I choose the angus sirloin for the main course and it was fine.But we have to wait for a while for it probably about 45 mins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinekingdinekingDined on 9/19/2014Great food and service. I would recommend to any one as a special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerAndyDined on 9/19/2014We went to the Prime Rib for a birthday dinner and had a great time. After a slow start, the service was consistent and attentive. We didnt know it was Restaurant week and were thrilled to have such a tremendous meal at a great price. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Restaurant Week SpotFrequentDinersDined on 9/19/2014The Prime Rib hides in a hotel but don't let that deter you. Wonderful ambiance and service (not too attentive), the prime rib melted in your mouth and was a very good portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant Prime RibDeeJDined on 9/19/2014This is one of my favorite resturants. I have been in for resturant week and special occasions. I love the Prime Rib. My family and friends have had the salmon and chicken. Everything is always wonderful. The service is excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good ribsShannnonDined on 9/19/2014Tender and great ribs, nice setting, good service. Would recommend for restaurant. The normal menu is quite expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Prime Rib was a great find.KMofFoxChaseDined on 9/19/2014I was looking for somewhere to take my husband to celebrate his birthday. After reading through reviews for local restaurants, I selected The Prime Rib. I am so glad I did. The food and service were excellent. They helped us pick a nice wine to go with our dinner, from their extensive wine list. We both had a fabulous time and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- We love Prime RibLeeC123Dined on 9/17/2014Every bit of every dish is delicious! Our server Frank was excellent and helped make this birthday dinner special! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceILikeFoodDined on 9/17/2014Delicious Food, warm atmosphere, excellent service, prompt delivery of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smartcookieVIPDined on 9/17/2014Second time visiting during Restaurant Week one guest's chicken dinner was grossly undercooked. Other meals were fair. Waiter was pretencious.
- Excellent!!NeeshaDined on 9/17/2014My service was excellent (from the time that we walked in until we left). Our server gave us great feedback when we asked about particular items on the menu. The crab cake and the prime rib were amazing!!! I'm definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First good bitey0leatsDined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed the meal selection for Restaurant Week. The roasted tomato soup was fresh made-mmm-mmm good. The Salmon was fresh, moist and delicious. Dessert of Key Lime Pie was a great balance of not too tart & not too sweet, but smooth and delicious. I would have preferred a choice for the vegetables. maybe offer rice or potatoe, spinach or string bean. maybe carrots too. I look forward to dining here again. The servers were very attentive to our needs for an enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceribloversDined on 9/17/2014Restaurant week is sometimes not as fun as one would like. Our experience at the Prime Rib was perfect. Tony was a great waiter and was quite interesting, offering suggestions, since we had Makers Mark manhattans, for other ways to enjoy bourbon, such as shrubs (which we were unfamiliar with) and where to purchase. The meal was very good and. all in all, a great evening. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Tasting FoodMeatRobDined on 9/16/2014Beautiful restaurant with excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentjdmmemDined on 9/16/2014Prime Rib was excellent. Ate at the bar. Joe provided great service. When in Philly for the summer (snowbird) I go here at least once or twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekmfpsr63Dined on 9/16/2014The restaurant week menu excellent. My server was polite and person able, though I heard him use the same lines at every table in his area. He revisited the table once right after the food was brought to the table and when desert was delivered . He noticed we didn't have knives, but then never brought them so I had to ask for a steak knife again.He failed to deliver my 2nd glass of wine and our water glasses were never refilled. He also dropped the check off in the middle of the meal. I hope it was just the restaurant week that got the best of him. Thankfully the food came out perfect and my one glass of wine and water lasted (barely) through the meal. Since the food tasted great, I will give then a 2nd try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!NickDined on 9/16/2014I took my friends there during restaurant week. Everything was amazing: food, service, atmosphere. The server Tony was really attentive and made the whole experience remarkable. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- DorothyVIPDined on 9/16/2014The prime rib is excellent--better than any other steak house.Special Features:
- SucculentPerfectSteakDined on 9/15/2014Everything I ate tasted absolutely Superb. Steak cooked to perfection, side were all freshly cooked. 1 downfall, my ceaser salad was wilted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SettingsamyDined on 9/15/2014Went for a birthday. Live piano music. Wasn't too busy, quiet, elegant setting. Low-lit ambiance. Service was quick and easy. Went for restaurant week. They played happy birthday on the piano for me as well. I had a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Will be back!!Foodie82VIPDined on 9/14/2014I haven’t been to Prime Rib in some time but it still has lived up to its excellent standards… great service and excellent food. I went with a group of five and we had an amazing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceBonnieVIPDined on 9/14/2014This restaurant was a great from the service to the food and the atmosphere. I would reccommend this establishment to anyone seeking a great dining experience....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful ServiceyuckyDined on 9/13/2014Waited over an hour for main course. Salad drowned in dressing. Terrible service. Treated like second class citizens because we ordered off the restaurant week menu which all felt like smaller portions.Special Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 9/13/2014Steak did not compare to other philly or new york restaurants. The Brazillian lobster tail was awful. Disappointing. Although service was exceptional and addressed the issue in a professional and caring mannerSpecial Features:
- Elegant DiningGooseCowboyVIPDined on 9/13/2014I loved the potato skins, clams casino, and escargot as appetizers. The lobster bisque was great. Our waiter, Carlos, gave us excellent service. The piano music completed the ambiance. I am looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014First time at The Prime Rib...a lovely evening! Service was exceptional...and unhurried. Husband's prime rib, ordered with specific instructions as to his preference, was excellent. My filet was deliciously medium rare with some char on the outside. Salads, potato, wine... All perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014The restaurant week menu had a lot of good choices. I chose the Prime Rib and it was excellent. The service was also good. Our waiter was friendly and it did not take long at all for our meals to come out. I will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful but OverbookedEvilRedDined on 9/12/2014I hadn't been here before and decided to take advantage of restaurant week. Reservation was for 8:30. Arrived at 8:25 and our table wasn't ready yet. Went to the bar to get a glass of wine. Checking in again at 8:45. Table still wasn't ready. Each time was told it would be just a moment more. At this point, my date and I were standing by reception. The owner was there and was informed by the desk that we had been waiting for 30 minutes at this point. The owner stepped in said hello and offered a glass of wine for us both and had our table straightened out within 5 minutes. When we were finally seated, the meal was amazing. We both had prime rib. Atmosphere was very nice. Will go back but would choose a less busy time.Special Features:
- Perfect Date NightLove2dineVIPDined on 9/12/2014The Prime Rib was the perfect date night restaurant. My boyfriend and I went during Restaurant Week, which could be shaky. However, the Prime Rib went above and beyond to make our meal perfect. Our waiter Kellen was amazing! I highly recommend requesting him as your server. The food was very good as well! We will certainly be returning to the Prime Rib soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatChimaDined on 9/12/2014Always great service with the best prime rib you'll find in the Philadelphia area.Special Features:
- Excellent ServicejdinerDined on 9/12/2014We had a large group for restaurant week, seven people. I found the service to be excellent, as it was a Friday night during restaurant week. I had thought we may not receive the same treatment considering our group size. Our server, Frank, handled the group very well and with professionalism. We were all very happy with our meals and overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Prime RibMarthaDined on 9/12/2014I go every year to treat my stomach, best Prime Rib in PhillySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.