The Prime Rib Loft - Orleans Hotel & Casino
4500 West Tropicana Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89103Neighborhood:
The Orleans Hotel & Casino
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Prime Rib Loft - Orleans Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.orleanscasino.com/dining/the-prime-rib-loft
- Phone: 7023657550
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Larry Bonner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Prime Rib Loft - Orleans Hotel & Casino
The Prime Rib Loft is primed for hearty appetites! Overlooking the bustling casino action, it is definitely "Fine dining at its Prime!" The restaurant's comfortable and attractive ambiance combines with its reasonably priced, superb menu to make this specialty dining room a must during every visit to The Orleans. True to its name, the Prime Rib Loft is famous for its delectable cuts of 21-day dry-aged prime rib - the Orleans, English Cut, Cajun Style and the Real Beefeater Cut (an extra thick double cut with bone)- all specially selected and dry aged to ensure tenderness, then seasoned and slowly roasted for incredible flavor. All prime rib selections are served with a giant baked potato. More favorites include additional beef dishes, chicken, seafood and pasta. Begin and end your meal with fabulous appetizers and scrumptious desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Prime Rib Loft - Orleans Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)romantic (33)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (19)notable wine list (10)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always count on !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Coming to this restaurant past few years service is Great as well as meals . You can always count on being satisfied .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv the Loft!SkipDined on 10/26/2014Not as pretentious as some Las Vegas restaurants, nor as pricey; just really great food and service. The loft has 8-10 tables/booths overlooking the casino floor; the rest are in the rest of the large dining space. Full bar in the Loft, with stiff pours at reasonable (for Vegas) prices. We had our mainstay here, Caesar salads, asparagus spears, prime rib (3 cuts available), and baked potato (plain, loaded, or any combination). Our request for a view table was successful, service was quick and efficient, and the food was perfectly prepared and presented to our total satisfaction. A good wine list to boot. Definitely recommend this venue if you are in or near the Orleans Hotel and Resort area (on Tropicana west of the strip).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible restaurant night maredisappointed4momDined on 10/24/2014Waste of $109 absolutely nothing good to say. I hope Gordon Ramsey doesn't visit this place even management was oblivious. Server was extremely rude. Food awfulSpecial Features:
- do not recommendLuv2eatDined on 10/24/2014Not for me. Went to the restaurant expecting a nice quite relaxing dinning experience. It was not. Food is just overpriced buffet and out wait staff was not at all friendly. Felt like you are being rushed through dinner to make room for another customer.
- Meg@RifleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The food was excellent, the staff courteous and the prices very affordable.Special Features:
- Great food & servicediningpleasures2Dined on 10/18/2014The food and service were excellent. The prime rib melted in your mouth and the steak was seasoned and cooked to perfection. The only thing that was a little disappointing was the chocolate fondue we had for desert. It wasn't hot enough, so the chocolate was too thick to easily get onto the fruit etc. We went to the Prime Rib Loft to celebrate my son's birthday.Special Features:
- Birthday celabrtionbobbyguyDined on 10/17/2014We had 7 people to celebrate a 58 yr bd. The bill was $170 which I thought was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!sanibelDined on 10/16/2014We were pleasantly surprised when we got off the elevator to see how romantic and very attractive the restaurant was. We requested NOT to overlook the casino and were given a very nice booth and no noise from down below. Our waiter was great. I ordered the small prime rib and it was anything but small. It could have been more tender (since it is called PRIME RIB) but the flavor was good. Maybe they should look into buying from another beef supplier to be sure they are getting Prime Beef. We would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner before showpenny1centDined on 10/12/2014Had a great dinner. Really good food. Great service!Special Features:
- Don't order the coffeeIggyDined on 10/11/2014Worst coffee ever, like water. They made another pot but it was just as bad. The prime rib was quite good though. Jambalaya soup was very good too. The bread pudding desert was not impressive.Special Features:
- The best prime rib everFoodieDined on 10/10/2014I ordered the smallest portion of prime rib and it was still huge. I was cooked medium and was very juicy and tasty. The garlic mash was so flavorful. We will return in the near future. Yummy. I was very dim and romantic.Special Features:
- AnneVIPDined on 10/6/2014The Prime Rib was advertised as the best in Vegas...I was not pleased with the Prime Rib. I would not go back.
- Great find and a hidden jemtdlrDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant was a nice find for us as we were trying to find a place with good prime rib and this place had it, the prime rib is not only good, but it is great, we have been back many times since and have also introduced our family and friends to this restaurant and everyone has thanked us for showing them this place. The prices are good and most of the meals come complete with a potato or veggies of some sort and a salad, they also have a nice wine list. looking forward to returning on my next visit to Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnopsDined on 9/28/2014On our recent Birthday dinner we were very disappointed in the service! Food excellent. But service was not the best! Normally it has always been enjoyable! On the email I wrote that it was a birthday dinner and that was never acknowledged until I said something to our buser (not even the server came back to the table). She said I will check and then brought a dryed up cupcake that wasn't even eatable. We will try it again because we have always enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 9/26/2014Prime Rib was extremely tough sent first piece back and second piece no better
- luvorleansDined on 9/26/2014Great food and service. Unbelievably affordable for the amount of food they serve. We will dine there every time we go to the Orleans Hotel and Casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School Charmfrh1234Dined on 9/26/2014Place had old school charm but food was just okay. Prime rib was fatty, which was the main reason we chose this location. Service was good, but table was uncomfortable. Probably will never go back.Special Features:
- LimeyfemDined on 9/24/2014Very disappointed this time. My husband Victor had the worst meat . He asked for medium and it was raw. His knife would not even cut it but declined to tell the waitress as he did not want to take away the birthday mood at the table We brought our family from England and had bragged emphatically about the the Rib Loft so he kept quiet. Actually his own fault for not saying anything. Just saying Thank you Nadine Stango ( A local ) A very nice ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014We found the service from check-in, seating arrange over looking the casino floor and the waitress were great! We thought the food was the best Prime Rib we have ever tasted! Thank-You for making my husband's Birthday Special! We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- A bit dissapointing this visitjimbertDined on 9/21/2014We have dined at the Prime Rib Loft on numerous occassion's and are seldom disssapointed. This trip, however, left us with that dissapointment. While the service was it's usual good quality (friendly, helpful staff) the prime rib was not up to the ususal. Four of us ordered the prime rib and we all thought it was tough. Two of the meals had quite a bit of fat and two of the baked pototoes were not completely done. We'll be back again, but I hope we don't experience the same lack of quality on the meals or it will be the last time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good for the priceSnikerdoodleDined on 9/18/2014The food here is a good value. Great place to have a group celebration. We always enjoy coming here when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoorFoodieDined on 9/18/2014The quality of the Prime Rib was extremely poor. It was as if they had microwaved it to warm it up. When the server saw we only had a couple bites she asked if we liked it. When we said no it was very tough and unable to eat. she just picked up the plates and walked away. Never offreing a refund, discount, or apology. Would NEVER go back!
- HorribleinsiderDined on 9/16/2014We came to this restaurant with high expectations after dining at Canal Street at The Orleans. This restaurant was a real disappointment. The prime rib was the worst I have ever had, I even sent the first slab back because it could not even be sawed into with the knife provided. The second one was slightly better, but the meat had no flavor at all. The baked potato was the best part of the meal itself. Our waitress was good and attentive, that also was a positive.Special Features:
- Id look for a better placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Went here because of the good reviews on the prime rib. Meat was tasty but quite tuff for a restaurant that is supposed to be known for their prime rib. Focus on qualityof beef. You should not need a really sharp knife to cut fine prime rib. We will not return !
- A Pleasant Surprise!food4thoughtDined on 9/12/2014As a local, I wanted a fine dining experience that was reasonably priced and not on the strip to celebrate my husband's birthday and this was a wonderful experience. We were delighted to be seated in a booth, as we requested, which we suspect is not always possible. The host was very welcoming and set the mood for a wonderful night. The waitress was friendly and the service was excellent. The prime rib was excellent, as was the grilled artichokes. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and my husband said that it was an evening he would not forget. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodFiremankris2Dined on 9/12/2014The food was amazing. The food was also reasonable pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Order The SpecialNoblemonDined on 9/11/2014My wife and I went to the Prime Rib Loft as we had eaten there last year and found it to be great. The food was delicious and the waiter was a gem, making my Bananas Foster at tableside. This time, not so much. We decided on the special, which was a NY Strip steak and shrimp, and was disappointed. The meat was not something you'd expect from a better restaurant. This time, first course was mixed up, too much dressing was put on our ice-cold salads, our waiter brought our entrees and put butter on our baked potatoes without asking, did not ask if we wanted anything else such as sour cream or chives even though she had them on the cart. Dessert was brought almost as an afterthought. All-in all, a better job could have been done.
- VegasNightseattillfullDined on 9/7/2014We made reservations for four at the last minute and had no problems, it was on a week night though. Our waitress was prompt . very business like. Our food was excellent. The 10 ounce rib was to die for and was more than enough, I ended eating only half. The baked potato was well dressed just the way you wanted. They even gave us extra butter and sour cream as asked. The salad was fresh. I would recommend this to any one. If a 10 ounce rib is not enough for you they did have a bigger one. The meal was well worth the $17.00Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good valueSaveU2Dined on 9/7/2014The Prime Rib Loft is a good place to eat dinner in Vegas. It's not gourmet , but if you want a prime rib meal at a good price and fairly nice surroundings, this is the place to go. The service is good and portions big. It's in the Orleans , off the strip, but it's worth going out of the way for an affordable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BJBJandJBVIPDined on 9/6/2014Good food in nice comfortable setting, considering in a casino. Very reasonably priced. Wine list was limited but got a decent cab for $20.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueHunt4goodearsDined on 9/6/2014The food and service was great , we have eaten here before and enjoyed our meal. Low ceilings make for more noise and it's opened to the casino floor so it's the luck of the draw if they have a large party it can be hard to carry on a table conversation. Why we ate early this time. Food is a great value for the quality of food. But drinks were expensive especially for the location. Don't chance it with out reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prime ribGoodValueFor18Dined on 9/5/2014The 10 ounce prime rib was very tasty and tender. It is a real value for $18.00 with garlic mashed potatoes and a nice salad.Special Features:
- Good food... that's what I wantedsdrobDined on 9/2/2014Wife and I wanted to get some Prime Rib and heard about this place on Yelp while visiting Las Vegas so we made the trip to Orleans and both enjoyed Prime Rib dinners. Mine was cajun style and she had the traditional type. Both were very good and came with garlic mashed potatoes and salad. Place wasn't packed and though we had reservations we really didn't need them for a Tuesday night. Servers were a little busy helping alot of tables, but my drinks were always refilled. Just took a little while longer than normal to get orders filled and the check processed. We would go back... but would eat less bread beforehand to make sure we had room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic stopiamin2steakDined on 9/1/2014even though this was my first trip to the prime rib loft,ive been to enough steakhouses to know that this was a well worth it place to eat steak.service was great,food was great and a very comfortable place to relax and have a nice dinner.the cajun style steak was out of this world.overall its a place i would reccomend to anyone who would like a nice dinner and i will plan to return there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteLoomis1Dined on 8/29/2014This is as good as it gets, for me personally. My wife and I love this place the most, and have been going here for years. Honestly, this is the greatest steak I've ever eaten. Everything about this dining experience is always, well, perfect. A must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.ReNewBrideDined on 8/26/2014We visited the Prime Rib loft with a party of 10 to celebrate our 25 wedding anniversary and vow renewal. We'd always had a good experience in the past. The service was terrible and the food was not as good as in the past. It was lukewarm and two people in my party had to send their food back as it was not cooked to the desired doneness. We were thoroughly disappointed and embarrassed that we'd raved about this restaurant to our friends and family. We felt like our server knew she was getting a tip regardless, due to our party size and since we were not drinking alcohol, we didn't need attention. I will not go back nor recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- RecommendedfoodieDined on 8/23/2014Recommended to us and we were not disapointed. Food was very good and priced reaonable. We would go again when in town. Our party of seven arrived earlier than our reservations and they had no problem accomidating our early arrival. We will go again when visiting Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always great here.LuvtheLoftDined on 8/21/2014We always go to The Prime Rib Loft for our birthdays, anniversaries or any special occasions. I always request Rudy as our server and he takes really good care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasureGraceVIPDined on 8/20/2014We come to Las Vegas often and always eat at Prime Rib Loft.
- Don't BotherLVDinerDined on 8/19/2014Went to this restaurant once before and it was pretty good. This time it was not good at all. Sat at our table for 15 minutes or so before anyone even came by to see if we wanted a drink. The salad was old and wimpy, the rolls were stale tasting. The prime rib was not bad, but not worthy of a place calling itself the Prime Rib Loft. It was a birthday, and the desert they brought for the birthday was a mini cupcake that tasted like it was at least 3 days old. just a joke.