The Prime Rib Loft - Orleans Hotel & Casino
4500 West Tropicana Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89103Neighborhood:
The Orleans Hotel & Casino
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Prime Rib Loft - Orleans Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.orleanscasino.com/dining/the-prime-rib-loft
- Phone: 7023657550
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Larry Bonner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Prime Rib Loft - Orleans Hotel & Casino
The Prime Rib Loft is primed for hearty appetites! Overlooking the bustling casino action, it is definitely "Fine dining at its Prime!" The restaurant's comfortable and attractive ambiance combines with its reasonably priced, superb menu to make this specialty dining room a must during every visit to The Orleans. True to its name, the Prime Rib Loft is famous for its delectable cuts of 21-day dry-aged prime rib - the Orleans, English Cut, Cajun Style and the Real Beefeater Cut (an extra thick double cut with bone)- all specially selected and dry aged to ensure tenderness, then seasoned and slowly roasted for incredible flavor. All prime rib selections are served with a giant baked potato. More favorites include additional beef dishes, chicken, seafood and pasta. Begin and end your meal with fabulous appetizers and scrumptious desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Prime Rib Loft - Orleans Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)romantic (28)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (11)hot spot (6)scenic view (4)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We visited the Prime Rib loft with a party of 10 to celebrate our 25 wedding anniversary and vow renewal. We'd always had a good experience in the past. The service was terrible and the food was not as good as in the past. It was lukewarm and two people in my party had to send their food back as it was not cooked to the desired doneness. We were thoroughly disappointed and embarrassed that we'd raved about this restaurant to our friends and family. We felt like our server knew she was getting a tip regardless, due to our party size and since we were not drinking alcohol, we didn't need attention. I will not go back nor recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Recommended to us and we were not disapointed. Food was very good and priced reaonable. We would go again when in town. Our party of seven arrived earlier than our reservations and they had no problem accomidating our early arrival. We will go again when visiting Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always great here.LuvtheLoftDined on 8/21/2014We always go to The Prime Rib Loft for our birthdays, anniversaries or any special occasions. I always request Rudy as our server and he takes really good care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasureGraceVIPDined on 8/20/2014We come to Las Vegas often and always eat at Prime Rib Loft.
- Don't BotherLVDinerDined on 8/19/2014Went to this restaurant once before and it was pretty good. This time it was not good at all. Sat at our table for 15 minutes or so before anyone even came by to see if we wanted a drink. The salad was old and wimpy, the rolls were stale tasting. The prime rib was not bad, but not worthy of a place calling itself the Prime Rib Loft. It was a birthday, and the desert they brought for the birthday was a mini cupcake that tasted like it was at least 3 days old. just a joke.
- Prime Rib LoversSneezer19Dined on 8/16/2014On special occasions we enjoy eating at The Prime Rib Loft to get a tasty cut of prime rib!Special Features:
- good food, price is rightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014good aged prime rib, can't beat the price. service is good and fastSpecial Features:
- Outstanding 62nd BirthdayanniversaryDined on 8/14/2014Outstanding again!! This is the 3rd time we have celebrated at the Prime Rib Loft. Our hostess was very friendly as was our server Missy. The service, food, ambiance with a balcony table was exceptional. We will be back soon & always recommended The Prime Rib Loft to all we know. Being able to make a reservation on line is so convenient and the prices are affordable. Thank You so much for a Wonderful experience. Dan & Pam SergentSpecial Features:
- beyond wonderful!happy2dineDined on 8/12/2014The Prime Rib Loft in the Orleans casino is so nice. They suggest reservations, which we had, but we got there when they first opened (5:00 p.m.) and it wasn't crowded. EVERYONE is so nice, they really make you feel welcome, we were asked where WE wanted to sit. The food is so good, my husband and I got the 10 oz prime rib, I asked for mine rare, it was actually more medium, but it was still very tasty. We ordered the grilled artichoke, which was very good, but our favorite side was the creamed roasted corn, oh WOW, it is to die for!! The next time we are in Vegas, we will without a doubt be dining at The Prime Rib Loft again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Prime Rib, Everything else avgjhlongDined on 8/9/2014The prime rib is very tasty at the prime rib loft, but the salad was drenched in dressing and the garlic mashed potatoes could have come from a box. The wine by the glass was also pretty much straight off the bulk buy shelf at the grocery store, which was unfortunate for a place where folks would like to come for a fine dining experience. Waitress screwed up the check at the end, but otherwise gave us bland but satisfactory service. Prefer canal street downstairs.
- Mmmmm, GoodgliljoeDined on 8/7/2014I shared the 28 ounce prime rib and it was delicious. My friend got the 14 ounce Texas style prime rib which was a little too salty but it was super tender. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dry steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014All was pretty good, except my steak was ordered medium well, and i got it very over cooked, and very dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoygoodfoodDined on 8/5/2014Dinner was very, very good. Dessert was disappointing,
- Beefy GoodNEWYORKADined on 8/2/2014We all had the prime rib and it was excellent. Very good service. I will return. It is a reasonable place in every way. NewyorkaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What I really thinkUnpaidDined on 7/27/2014This is a great place off the strip for dinner. Feels like old Vegas. Great value. The baked potato is a meal in itself. Only complaint was the steak was a little over done...but blaming that on one of the people with us who ordered his steak well done. That should just be illegal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousIBandJBDined on 7/19/2014Very delicious prime rib, and the ribeye steak is to die for so tender, the service is wonderfulSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The food was very good but the waiter made us feel like he didn't want to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good BargainplaytromboneDined on 7/18/2014I ate there during a recent stay at the Orleans. I had the "Gambler's Cut" prime rib - 14 oz - and had it blackened. I really enjoyed the rib and the clam chowder. The price was $22, including either a soup/salad and either garlic mashed potatoes or a baked potato. I found the service attentive without being overbearing, and definitely feel I got my money's worth. Only a couple of minor complaints. The bread was good, but it wasn't warm. The horseradish was OK - I like horseradish to really open up my sinuses. There were several groups of 6 or so people there. I think this would be a good choice for groups. You'd have a good meal without breaking the bank. I'll be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food lousy customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014our foor was great, but we took my son there for his 16th birthday since he loves prime rib, we brought our own birthday cake and was told there was a $1.50 charge per person to cut the cake and they would not put the candles on it?????? also the $1.50 charge for water is ridiculous, seeing how we didnt want water and were not told there was a charge for this, that is very sneaky of you, the waitress was very slow it took forever to get our bill, so needless to say we wont be going back, and me friends Ive shared this with will not be trying your restaurant
- Changed!0307Dined on 7/13/2014Prime Rib Loft has changed and changed to the poor food. Go somewhere else for fine dining. I sent back my food because it wasn't good at all....Prime Rib Loft charged me half the price instead of taking the meal off the bill.
- Lovely PlaceChiquitaDined on 7/12/2014My fiancé and I went for a romantic dinner and enjoyed ourselves. The menu selection was great and everything we had was delicious. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & awesome service!TbabyDined on 7/12/2014I was in a mood and needed, and I mean NEEDED, prime rib! Having moved to the west side of town from the east side a few months ago, we didn't know where to get it not far from our house. So we googled it and found the Prime Rib Loft located inside The Orleans. It was 10 minutes from our house, so we booked it. It was DELICIOUS! I ordered the 10 oz Orleans Cut, medium-rare and blackened. Perfect. Our meals came with a small dinner salad with each of the items (tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, etc.) separated out on the dish so you could eat them or not. And the bleu cheese dressing was some of the best we've had! Friendly, attentive and professional, our waitress/server, Donna, was THE BEST!! We'll be back & will definitely ask for her!Special Features:
- Great for off-the-strip!Newyork1Dined on 7/4/2014Whenever we visit Las Vegas, we try to grab a dinner at The Prime Rib Loft. The dinner options are great, and reasonably priced. The service is very good too, so would recommend for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib DinnerBEVOBOYDined on 7/1/2014Served the same Meatball soup as the Buffet. Prime Rib was flavorful and tender and served in a large Bowl Plate with AuJus, but I Rate it just above average.Special Features:
- Friday Night wine DownBosunBosunetteDined on 6/27/2014Great Wine list. Quiet dining room. Perfect for winding down from a stressful week. Prime rib was prepared just the way we like it. Also was pleased that they have both types of Horse radish, creamy/ RED Hot. Salad was fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TAY2TAY2Dined on 6/26/2014it was good like normal but this time our buser girl was outstanding. was really like our server and made us both feel welcome and king and queen like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Gaming RestaurantFrostyTopDined on 6/24/2014We enjoyed dinner at the Prime Loft. The prime rib was very good and portions were generous. It is a very good value in Vegas. Also, away from the noise of the gaming area of the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Find off the StripLZB50Dined on 6/24/2014We wanted a good prime rib dinner and that's exactly what we received an more. This is a really charming, old Vegas-style restaurant. The service is terrific, the dining environment quiet and pleasant. As the name suggests you are in a loft above the casino but unless you are seated at the edge of the loft you'd never know it. We shared the smallest prime rib and ordered an additional salad and the asparagus. The Caesar salad was outstanding, the asparagus to die for and the prime-rib was cooked to perfection. The baked potato would have fed three! This will be a destination for us on future visits to Las Vegas.Special Features:
- Suzyq1Dined on 6/19/2014We love this place ! We come to Las Vegas once a year and always enjoy the prime rib at an excellent price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food for reasonable costGuinnDined on 6/17/2014Have been eating here occasionally over several years. Never been disappointed by the Prime Rib or any other selection from the menu. Atmosphere, service and food itself are all a little above average and prices are moderate. You don't have to be having a special occasion to justify going to dinner here. Just wanting good food in a lovely restaurant that is quite comfortable is reason enough to go. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodBigBlack1075Dined on 6/17/2014The food was excellent. Our waitress was very friendly, and knowledgeable with wine pairing to prime rib. My girlfriend and I have eaten in the Prime Rib Loft before it was good then, and even better this go round. seems to get better every time we visit. Vegetables cooked just right, the baked potato and everything that comes with it great, and the prime rib cooked to mine, and my parties satisfaction. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion PlaceluvtoeatoutDined on 6/14/2014We are locals and come here every year for our anniversary. Good food, decent prices and good service. We love it.Special Features:
- Checking it outlvfoodieDined on 6/13/2014We went to check it out because I am having boyfriends birthday party there in August - and we were very pleased with the whole restaurant and the wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below average.RobertDined on 6/12/2014Probably 9th time eating here. Always excellent except this time. Ordered steak and shrimp.Absolutely horrible.
- Hassle free dinner reservation!dueitgo4brokeDined on 6/11/2014Everything done without any problems. Reservation, food, service was handled very professionally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor planning by Rib LoftDEarnhardt03Dined on 6/10/2014We made reservations 2 to 4 weeks in advance and they treated us like we walked in from the Street.We had no Waiter till I asked for one Then a water girl was our waiter for the Evening.The Loft told us that people had called off.Special Features:
- Off nightFoodlovr24Dined on 6/7/2014Normally this restaurant is wonderful. This night, the prime rib was tough, with lots of gristle. We had gone the previous night and had a totally different, and better, experience. Even the service was better the 1st night. I would still recommend this place because I'm hopefully that it was just an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experience was okay...ElaineJayDined on 6/7/2014Had a reservation and it was busy on a Saturday night. Upon being seated, a bus person came by and poured 3 glasses of 'bottled' water which was room temperature and certainly not to my liking, I did request ice and it was provided. Service was okay, we did have appetizers and shrimp cocktail was not great. Shrimp small, on a plate (rather than on ice); steamed clams were small but had plenty, however, served in some unidentified broth (would have liked garlic-butter flavor) and not hot. Prime rib was good, medium cut cooked perfect and served with a nice salad and choice of baked to mashed potato. Once finished, took server at least 20 minutes to present our check but once she did, we were on our way.Special Features:
- Super dining experiencepossmDined on 6/5/2014If you want a nice dining experience with a special touch added, this will be the place that you may want to go. The food was excellent and the wait staff is superb. We will definitely be back on our next trip.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014It didn't matter which size cut the Prime Rib was seasoned perfectly and melted in your mouth. Very reasonable prices considering the cost of similar restaurants in Las Vegas. Vast improvement since last year in the taste of food. I would recommend this restaurant for valueand quality.