The Prime Rib Loft - Orleans Hotel & Casino
4500 West Tropicana Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89103Neighborhood:
The Orleans Hotel & Casino
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Prime Rib Loft - Orleans Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.orleanscasino.com/dining/the-prime-rib-loft
- Phone: (702) 365-7550
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Larry Bonner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Prime Rib Loft - Orleans Hotel & Casino
The Prime Rib Loft is primed for hearty appetites! Overlooking the bustling casino action, it is definitely "Fine dining at its Prime!" The restaurant's comfortable and attractive ambiance combines with its reasonably priced, superb menu to make this specialty dining room a must during every visit to The Orleans. True to its name, the Prime Rib Loft is famous for its delectable cuts of 21-day dry-aged prime rib - the Orleans, English Cut, Cajun Style and the Real Beefeater Cut (an extra thick double cut with bone)- all specially selected and dry aged to ensure tenderness, then seasoned and slowly roasted for incredible flavor. All prime rib selections are served with a giant baked potato. More favorites include additional beef dishes, chicken, seafood and pasta. Begin and end your meal with fabulous appetizers and scrumptious desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Prime Rib Loft - Orleans Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)romantic (34)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Best Kept Secret in Las VegasMarioDined on 11/15/2014The Orleans Cut Prime Rib, Medium Rare and Frei Bros Cab is why I worked for 37 years to retire to Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2014It was our anniversary and we were looking for a new steakhouse to try that was reasonably priced. I thought the resturant was very nice and had a romantic feel to it. The food was awesome but the service was horrible. Our waiter was very rude and made us feel like we were just a waste of time. It was our first time at the resturant and when I asked the waiter questions about the menu he rolled his eyes and was smart mouthed with me. You could tell he did not want to be at work, and if it wasn't for our anniversary I would have just got up and left the resturant due to the horrific serivce. It's too bad we were treated as if we were in the way becuase the food was great for the price.Special Features:
- Good menue at an affordable priceellsworthDined on 11/10/2014The only disappointments ever experienced there, were slight. Watery mashed potatos...once, and over cooked prime rib once.....many other times, no complaints. Good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prime Rib!joelikes2travelDined on 11/8/2014When staying at the Orleans Casino, I always make a point of dining at the Prime Rib Loft. The restaurant has a comprehensive menu, but I always order their excellent prime rib.Special Features:
- memeDined on 11/5/2014We have always gone to this place as it is a good place to meet friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2014Prime Rib was acceptable but rib eye was undercooked and grainy. Chicken was satisfactory but the meal was not what I had expected. It should have been much better.
- Great foodTurkeyday2013Dined on 11/5/2014I always dine at The Prime Rib Loft when in Las Vegas. The food is excellent, the service is very attentive. The prime rib is so tender and the baked potatoes are huge. Try the roasted creamed corn, delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Their special of Rib-eye Steak was terrible - rest of meal was OK - nothing to write home about.
- Always count on !vivalasvegasDined on 10/27/2014Coming to this restaurant past few years service is Great as well as meals . You can always count on being satisfied .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv the Loft!SkipDined on 10/26/2014Not as pretentious as some Las Vegas restaurants, nor as pricey; just really great food and service. The loft has 8-10 tables/booths overlooking the casino floor; the rest are in the rest of the large dining space. Full bar in the Loft, with stiff pours at reasonable (for Vegas) prices. We had our mainstay here, Caesar salads, asparagus spears, prime rib (3 cuts available), and baked potato (plain, loaded, or any combination). Our request for a view table was successful, service was quick and efficient, and the food was perfectly prepared and presented to our total satisfaction. A good wine list to boot. Definitely recommend this venue if you are in or near the Orleans Hotel and Resort area (on Tropicana west of the strip).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible restaurant night maredisappointed4momDined on 10/24/2014Waste of $109 absolutely nothing good to say. I hope Gordon Ramsey doesn't visit this place even management was oblivious. Server was extremely rude. Food awfulSpecial Features:
- do not recommendLuv2eatDined on 10/24/2014Not for me. Went to the restaurant expecting a nice quite relaxing dinning experience. It was not. Food is just overpriced buffet and out wait staff was not at all friendly. Felt like you are being rushed through dinner to make room for another customer.
- Meg@RifleSistersvacationDined on 10/23/2014The food was excellent, the staff courteous and the prices very affordable.Special Features:
- Great food & servicediningpleasures2Dined on 10/18/2014The food and service were excellent. The prime rib melted in your mouth and the steak was seasoned and cooked to perfection. The only thing that was a little disappointing was the chocolate fondue we had for desert. It wasn't hot enough, so the chocolate was too thick to easily get onto the fruit etc. We went to the Prime Rib Loft to celebrate my son's birthday.Special Features:
- Birthday celabrtionbobbyguyDined on 10/17/2014We had 7 people to celebrate a 58 yr bd. The bill was $170 which I thought was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBrunchDined on 10/17/2014Entrees include a choice of potato and salad with my wife choosing garlic mashed that were puree like and garlic-lite. My baker with sour cream was better. The salads were primarily iceberg lettuce that had been topped with diced tomatoes, a couple of olives and red onion tossed in for good measure and dressed with a bottled blue cheese. Though our slabs of beef were served medium rare as requested, it took a Herculean effort to just to cut them into bite sized pieces. Our server seemed to be on auto pilot and never once stopped by to inquire if we needed anything or had concerns. This was proved to be by far the most disappointing meal of our entire 14 day vacation.
- Great atmosphere!sanibelDined on 10/16/2014We were pleasantly surprised when we got off the elevator to see how romantic and very attractive the restaurant was. We requested NOT to overlook the casino and were given a very nice booth and no noise from down below. Our waiter was great. I ordered the small prime rib and it was anything but small. It could have been more tender (since it is called PRIME RIB) but the flavor was good. Maybe they should look into buying from another beef supplier to be sure they are getting Prime Beef. We would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner before showpenny1centDined on 10/12/2014Had a great dinner. Really good food. Great service!Special Features:
- Don't order the coffeeIggyDined on 10/11/2014Worst coffee ever, like water. They made another pot but it was just as bad. The prime rib was quite good though. Jambalaya soup was very good too. The bread pudding desert was not impressive.Special Features:
- The best prime rib everFoodieDined on 10/10/2014I ordered the smallest portion of prime rib and it was still huge. I was cooked medium and was very juicy and tasty. The garlic mash was so flavorful. We will return in the near future. Yummy. I was very dim and romantic.Special Features:
- AnneVIPDined on 10/6/2014The Prime Rib was advertised as the best in Vegas...I was not pleased with the Prime Rib. I would not go back.
- Great find and a hidden jemtdlrDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant was a nice find for us as we were trying to find a place with good prime rib and this place had it, the prime rib is not only good, but it is great, we have been back many times since and have also introduced our family and friends to this restaurant and everyone has thanked us for showing them this place. The prices are good and most of the meals come complete with a potato or veggies of some sort and a salad, they also have a nice wine list. looking forward to returning on my next visit to Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnopsDined on 9/28/2014On our recent Birthday dinner we were very disappointed in the service! Food excellent. But service was not the best! Normally it has always been enjoyable! On the email I wrote that it was a birthday dinner and that was never acknowledged until I said something to our buser (not even the server came back to the table). She said I will check and then brought a dryed up cupcake that wasn't even eatable. We will try it again because we have always enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 9/26/2014Prime Rib was extremely tough sent first piece back and second piece no better
- luvorleansDined on 9/26/2014Great food and service. Unbelievably affordable for the amount of food they serve. We will dine there every time we go to the Orleans Hotel and Casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School Charmfrh1234Dined on 9/26/2014Place had old school charm but food was just okay. Prime rib was fatty, which was the main reason we chose this location. Service was good, but table was uncomfortable. Probably will never go back.Special Features:
- LimeyfemDined on 9/24/2014Very disappointed this time. My husband Victor had the worst meat . He asked for medium and it was raw. His knife would not even cut it but declined to tell the waitress as he did not want to take away the birthday mood at the table We brought our family from England and had bragged emphatically about the the Rib Loft so he kept quiet. Actually his own fault for not saying anything. Just saying Thank you Nadine Stango ( A local ) A very nice ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014We found the service from check-in, seating arrange over looking the casino floor and the waitress were great! We thought the food was the best Prime Rib we have ever tasted! Thank-You for making my husband's Birthday Special! We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- A bit dissapointing this visitjimbertDined on 9/21/2014We have dined at the Prime Rib Loft on numerous occassion's and are seldom disssapointed. This trip, however, left us with that dissapointment. While the service was it's usual good quality (friendly, helpful staff) the prime rib was not up to the ususal. Four of us ordered the prime rib and we all thought it was tough. Two of the meals had quite a bit of fat and two of the baked pototoes were not completely done. We'll be back again, but I hope we don't experience the same lack of quality on the meals or it will be the last time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good for the priceSnikerdoodleDined on 9/18/2014The food here is a good value. Great place to have a group celebration. We always enjoy coming here when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoorFoodieDined on 9/18/2014The quality of the Prime Rib was extremely poor. It was as if they had microwaved it to warm it up. When the server saw we only had a couple bites she asked if we liked it. When we said no it was very tough and unable to eat. she just picked up the plates and walked away. Never offreing a refund, discount, or apology. Would NEVER go back!
- HorribleinsiderDined on 9/16/2014We came to this restaurant with high expectations after dining at Canal Street at The Orleans. This restaurant was a real disappointment. The prime rib was the worst I have ever had, I even sent the first slab back because it could not even be sawed into with the knife provided. The second one was slightly better, but the meat had no flavor at all. The baked potato was the best part of the meal itself. Our waitress was good and attentive, that also was a positive.Special Features:
- Id look for a better placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Went here because of the good reviews on the prime rib. Meat was tasty but quite tuff for a restaurant that is supposed to be known for their prime rib. Focus on qualityof beef. You should not need a really sharp knife to cut fine prime rib. We will not return !
- A Pleasant Surprise!food4thoughtDined on 9/12/2014As a local, I wanted a fine dining experience that was reasonably priced and not on the strip to celebrate my husband's birthday and this was a wonderful experience. We were delighted to be seated in a booth, as we requested, which we suspect is not always possible. The host was very welcoming and set the mood for a wonderful night. The waitress was friendly and the service was excellent. The prime rib was excellent, as was the grilled artichokes. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and my husband said that it was an evening he would not forget. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodFiremankris2Dined on 9/12/2014The food was amazing. The food was also reasonable pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Order The SpecialNoblemonDined on 9/11/2014My wife and I went to the Prime Rib Loft as we had eaten there last year and found it to be great. The food was delicious and the waiter was a gem, making my Bananas Foster at tableside. This time, not so much. We decided on the special, which was a NY Strip steak and shrimp, and was disappointed. The meat was not something you'd expect from a better restaurant. This time, first course was mixed up, too much dressing was put on our ice-cold salads, our waiter brought our entrees and put butter on our baked potatoes without asking, did not ask if we wanted anything else such as sour cream or chives even though she had them on the cart. Dessert was brought almost as an afterthought. All-in all, a better job could have been done.
- VegasNightseattillfullDined on 9/7/2014We made reservations for four at the last minute and had no problems, it was on a week night though. Our waitress was prompt . very business like. Our food was excellent. The 10 ounce rib was to die for and was more than enough, I ended eating only half. The baked potato was well dressed just the way you wanted. They even gave us extra butter and sour cream as asked. The salad was fresh. I would recommend this to any one. If a 10 ounce rib is not enough for you they did have a bigger one. The meal was well worth the $17.00Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good valueSaveU2Dined on 9/7/2014The Prime Rib Loft is a good place to eat dinner in Vegas. It's not gourmet , but if you want a prime rib meal at a good price and fairly nice surroundings, this is the place to go. The service is good and portions big. It's in the Orleans , off the strip, but it's worth going out of the way for an affordable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BJBJandJBVIPDined on 9/6/2014Good food in nice comfortable setting, considering in a casino. Very reasonably priced. Wine list was limited but got a decent cab for $20.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueHunt4goodearsDined on 9/6/2014The food and service was great , we have eaten here before and enjoyed our meal. Low ceilings make for more noise and it's opened to the casino floor so it's the luck of the draw if they have a large party it can be hard to carry on a table conversation. Why we ate early this time. Food is a great value for the quality of food. But drinks were expensive especially for the location. Don't chance it with out reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.