The Prime Rib Grill - Eldorado Hotel Casino
345 N. Virginia St
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Prime Rib Grill - Eldorado Hotel Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eldoradoreno.com/reno-restaurants/the-prime-rib-grill/
- Phone: 8008798879
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday & Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Troy Cannan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Visit the Eldorado Hotel Casino, where award winning entertainment & nightlife options are available around every corner! Stop by The Brew Brothers, our in-house microbrewery for tasty food, live music and fun! Our Broadway style showroom is consistently voted the "Best Venue" in Northern Nevada, featuring hits like "Hairspray”, popular cirque-style shows and more. Enjoy fresh, award winning drinks at Roxy’s Bar & Lounge, Cin-Cin & Bar Centro,& don't forget to check out the hottest nightspot, BuBinga Lounge, where DJs spin the latest hits. Exclusive Party Planning Services are available for all venues.
A word from The Prime Rib Grill - Eldorado Hotel Casino
The Prime Rib Grill specializes in USDA Choice prime rib carved to order and grilled steak and seafood entrées. Try Reno's favorite soup and salad bar stocked with fresh fruits, nuts and more. Enjoy a unique dining experience, watch as delicious entrées are made before your eyes in the exhibition-style kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Prime Rib Grill - Eldorado Hotel Casino - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
The Prime Rib Grill - Eldorado Hotel Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (15)romantic (14)notable wine list (6)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- first time in years not as enjoyablNickiBDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I visit this restaurant every time we are in town ( 2-3 times a year ). This was the first time we have had a negative food experience. Both of us ordered filet mignon. Mine was under cooked + tough. Inedible. His was perfect. Won't let this experience effect another tripI would recommend this to a friend.
- been to restaurant a few times70SSDined on 9/27/2014been to restaurant a few times but this time was bad my prime rib was cold and didn't tast very good, my girl friends new york steak was over cooked she asked for med but it was very well done they took it back about 20 min later they brought it back but we had somewhere to be so we had to pack it up and take it with us done know if we'll ever go back again and we weren't the only ones with problems with their food the table next to us their new york steak was bad alsoSpecial Features:
- could have been betterRenolocalDined on 9/27/2014good service, good salad bar and the atmosphere was nice but our complaint is my wife had the rib-eye and i had the prime rib they both were low quality meats. We have had better at the outback
- Great Food & Ambianceyunique1Dined on 9/27/2014I am a local and have been to this restaurant several times. The food is always delicious and the atmosphere is very cozy. This has to be he best place for prime rib in town.Special Features:
- Dinner & showOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Excellent experience, the food was very good prepared just right. Our server, Antonio very pleasant and attentive. Defiantly will return and will request Antonio as our server! Found the price very reasonableSpecial Features:
- The Prime Rib GrillDrew95315Dined on 9/20/2014Overall the service exceeded our expectations. We had prime rib which was flavorful and cooked to perfection...and certainly more that the 10 oz piece of meat ordered. The salid bar had a good selection and was well stocked and clean. The clam chower was ok, but I'm a chower snob! It was busy on our Saturday visit hense fortunately we were seated by the salid bar, which wasn't the best table location thus the three star rating for ambiance(better available),however there are not many tables without traffic due to logistics, table arrangements and the centrally located salid bar. We received exactly what we were looking for...good meal, convenient location and patrons dressed for a night on the town..NOT dressed for a day at the gym!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMikeDined on 9/19/2014First off the waiter did not introduce himself when he came to our table , party of 5. We thought he was the bus boy. The meat was not cooked to our request. The food was not seasoned well.. The cream sauce on our fish, spinach and clam chowder seamed to be all the same. Waiter was not very attentive and seemed not trained for a pricey restaurant. The food was generic.
- Service.margieDined on 9/14/2014Maja of course was the ultra hostess and Elizabeth our server was a charming girl and very efficient.Special Features:
- Good experiancePokefigDined on 8/31/2014As with any steak house the price is a bit high, but what sells it is the quality salad bar, which allows you to compliment your meal the way you want it. Ambiance is fine, however, it is kid friendly, which is fine, but needs to have the parents more responsible for their children and to be maybe less tolerant of unruly children for the sake of others trying to enjoy a nice meal. One table had children running unchecked putting hands in/on place settings on other tables. Waiters changed them out, but there needs to be a level of behavior for all so that the dining experience is fair for all. We still will return since it wasn't the establishment as it was the customer. However, will be less likely if the next experience is the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rjtdVIPDined on 8/30/2014We dine at Grill every time we're in town. We enjoy the Salad Bar & Their steaks portions are excellent.Special Features:
- Prime rib grillVallejoM510Dined on 8/28/2014It was my husbands birthday I was a little worried he would not like it there but he absolutely loved it. The salad bar was excellent the drinks were great and the steaks were perfect (:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner no movieohnoIdidntDined on 8/22/2014I was not really happy that we were seated on the runway when so many other tables were available. The rib-eye my wife had was excellent. The 8oz sirloin with the 'secret sauce' should have been used for shoe repair. I cut slack this time. Next time I WILLNOT be anywhere near as generous. This is an excellent restaurant with friendly and knowledgeable staff. There will be a next time.Special Features:
- Early bird bargain greatDinner4usDined on 8/21/2014Great salad bar. Wine list a jut prover than other places. Food very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal experiencemikejberDined on 8/20/2014the food was delicious, and they did not skimp on the portions. our waiter and busboy were outstanding. I think their names were dave and Daniel. everyone was exceptionally friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as good as it getsluv2dine2VIPDined on 8/3/2014took out of town guests and was not disappointed. All entrees were great and the salad bar was the best part of the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid this restaurantiteeitupVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a reservation but still had to wait as they seated walk-ins before us. When we were finally seated the waiter told us he would bring bring fresh bread. Nobody brought bread. The food was overcooked and dry. The salmon was so overcooked it was crunchy. We would have complained if the waiter had returned. They never refilled our water glasses. This restaurant has attractive decor but very poor service and food quality.
- HawaiianFoodieDined on 8/1/2014Hubby n I both had the Prime Rib; done perfectly and very tasty. Loved the salad bar (a little too much maybe) as we could not finish our entree. Service was prompt, friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Great Place to DineFoodLoverDined on 7/26/2014I was just there 3 days ago and have also been there many times in the past. The food and service has never disappointed me. The clam chowder was delicious and I love the salad bar (not to mention the prime rib). It is wonderful for a special occasion or just when you want to have a good meal in a place where there generally are no children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely satisfiedLovingfood2Dined on 7/26/2014The food was excellent, the service perfect, and it was very romantic! The guy next to us was even proposing to his lady! She said yes and it reminded me of us 16 yrs ago! Put a smile on our faces :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spotty servicedc2eatsDined on 7/23/2014We were treated well initially and found the food okay, but several details made for a poor experience. I did not receive the iced tea that was ordered, the steaks (2) were well over-cooked, the "mixed vegetables" turned out to be spinach with cream sauce, and our dirty dishes sat on the table for at least 10-15 minutes. For what this meal cost there are way too many options in the Reno area for us ever to return. I will say that the salad bar and french bread were excellent. In short, there was a sense of arrogance to the place that wasn't earned—and I'm not into arrogance.
- You Gotta Eat Here!PackerFanDined on 7/23/2014This is a pricey restaurant but well worth your money. Food is well prepared, delivered hot to your table and delicious. My wife and I had the prime rib. Mine was Rare and hers was Medium-well and both were done to perfection. A large, well-stocked salad bar provided us with an excellent variety of items, all clearly fresh and well chilled. Garlic potatoes and a pastiche of pan-fried zucchini and squash complemented my meal topped off with a toffee cheesecake. My wife enjoyed her baked potato with "the works" and a side of garden veggies, finishing it off with a banana pudding which left her wanting more. Service was timely but unobtrusive. You can't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off our list - again!CaptainVIPDined on 7/20/2014We live very close to the El Dorado so have tried the Prime Rib Grill several times. Each time we vow not to go back but we give it another chance. This time our visitors wanted a salad bar and dinner but not the buffet so we made reservations at PRG. Our reservation was for 6:15 and we had to rush out of there at 7:50 to make our show. Our food didn't come until after 7:20 which was too late to send anything back and get it right. Three people ordered the filet and one the Pork chop. The chop had so much pepper on it the guest could not eat it. We all tried it - awful! Two ordered the filet med-rare. One was brown all the way through and the other was so rare it was gelatinous in the center. The waiter did remove the chop.
- The best restaurant in EldoradoGinnyDined on 7/19/2014The Prime Rib Grill has a great soup and salad bar and comes with all the dinners on there menu. The Prime Rib is delicious. They don't have a childrens menu but are very accommodating with bringing in food for the kids from some of there other restaurants like a pizza or a burger I really appreciated that they do that. We always make the Prime Rib Grill one of our dinning stops while staying at the Eldorado.Special Features:
- fordaunitDined on 7/16/2014FOOD, SERVICE WERE ALL EXCELLENT - WE COME IN EVERY CHANCE WE GET TO COME TO RENO - EVEN WITH THE SNOW TRAIN - EVERYONE AT THE EL DORADO IS EXCELLENT THANK YOU FOR A GREAT VISITSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner everytime!luv2dine2VIPDined on 7/12/2014excellent customer service, great early bird specials and the soup and salad bar great as well. Lots of choices at the salad bar. Having the choice of alacarte salad bar or included with dinner is a great option.Special Features:
- Prim Rib GrillSteakloverDined on 7/10/2014Nice, quiet, great service from a friendly waitress who went out of her way to get what I wanted. The bone in rib eye is to die for, though my wife's New York strip was a little tough. The desserts were wonderful. A must do if your at the big three in Reno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great but priceyGoody2ForksDined on 7/9/2014We usually tie dinner at The Grill to the El Dorado theatre presentation. This is the first time we have been there since they have changed the early bird specials. The price of prime rib has gone up to $22.95 and the 2 for 1 wine offer is gone. The quality and service remain excellent but I am afraid we will have to make other choices when we are coming to see a show. Dinner, 2 glasses of wine and tip for 2 add up to $75-$80. Steep for locals considering other options in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingarson77Dined on 7/4/2014I make reservations every time we come to Reno. We find the food and atmosphere to be outstanding we highly recommend dining thereSpecial Features:
- Perfect EveningFireflyHoneymoonDined on 7/2/2014DIVINE food. Filet Mignon was absolutely amazing! Salad bar is fantastic, and service was wonderful. We were treated to complimentary champagne (as we were on our honeymoon) and our waitress and other wait staff were fantastic. The atmosphere is quiet and calm and a bit of heaven in the middle of the casino. Would absolutely reccommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 247 reviews are from the The Prime Rib Grill - Eldorado Hotel Casino reviews archive.
- geoegeDined on 6/20/2014We really enjoy this hotel restaurant. The entrees and wine lists are very good and the salad bar is GREAT!!Special Features:
- Best for a great steak & salad BarSaladsarethebestDined on 5/31/2014Melt in you mouth steaks and 28 items on the fresh salad bar. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014The food and service were outstanding. I am not sure of our servers name (Sean?) but he was very attentive and answered all our questions and made sure we had everything we needed. The food was excellent and we would give our dining experience an A+. The restaurant was very clean and the atmosphere was very nice and our group appreciated being able to talk and not be drowned out by loud noises or music. We have dined at The Prime Rib previously and have always had a pleasurable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DbacklundDined on 5/21/2014We got right in, no waiting, food and service was really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib Grill - May 18, 2014Huskies77Dined on 5/18/2014The service - from setting the reservation, the hostess greeting and seating our party, the waiter watching over our party and providing insight - all were outstanding examples of top-grade quality. As usual the food was very good. The menu is sufficiently flexible to satisfy almost anyone. And, the prices are very reasonable. Thank you very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so sadboowhoDined on 5/17/2014last year we had an excellent experience.what has happened,new manager,chef? lousy overcook lobster,cheap steak, awful service. will not return for our anniversary.
- ExcellentdnrzooDined on 5/10/2014The food was delicious, the salad bar was fresh and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Celebrate in style.Ozgirl46Dined on 5/4/2014This is the second time we have gone to dine at the Prime Rib Grill to celebrate a birthday. Great food, lots of great choices, excellent soup and salad bar, service is always as you would wish and nice ambiance.Special Features:
- TheCanadiansTheCanadiansDined on 5/3/2014To begin, I booked reservations for a party of 10 who came down from Canada to celebrate five April birthdays. My wife was looking forward to having the King Crab leg entrée which was listed on your website which we had here before. When we spoke to the hostess we were told it isn't served there anymore and were told it was a available at The Roxy (too late). I ordered the Prime Rib and my wife ordered the Blackened Chicken entrée which were superbly prepared. The table of 10 all stated their meals were excellent as well as the service. Overall the food, service, ambience was great (thank you). If I could make one suggestion: It would be even more satisfying to see a menu which caters to a smaller appetite like maybe a 4 to 6 oz portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We always eat here when we come to Reno, Enjoy it every time, another good time at the grill , and good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedluv2dine2VIPDined on 4/19/2014We are regulars ! Brought out of town family for a special family gathering .. Server was inattentive and apparently forgot to put in order for 2 entrees in addition to 3 salad bar entrees. Seemed to take for ever for main entrée of steak dinner and salmon entrée. When steak did come was not cooked as ordered and I gave up ,because when steak entrée came, no salmon entrée was ready! I then cancelled my salmon dinner> Two special order coffees were ordered and were supposed to be 2 for 15.00 but we were charged 17.00 ,but after all this Management did substitute dinner entrees with desserts and did not charge for steak dinner. But I still paid the extra 2.00 for the coffee. Not pleased at all.Special Features: