The Pressroom Restaurant
26-28 West King Street
Lancaster, PA 17603Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Pressroom Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pressroomrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7173995400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm,
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Matt Titter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private function room, The Publisher's Room, is the ideal location for a small or large gathering. This room, which overlooks Steinman Park, seats up to eighty guests: The perfect location for a rehearsal dinner, wedding reception or any special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Mr. Larry Hershey 7173995400x
- Entertainment: Live jazz trios in the restaurant/bar each Wednesday 7:00 PM till 10:00 PM.
Live Local, Folk, Blues and More each Saturday 9:00 PM till 12:00 AM
- Cross Street: Central Market
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Free Parking for all guests is located in the Central Parking Garage, just behind The Pressroom at 29-31 West Vine Street.
In Lancaster, take Prince Street South to Vine Street. Turn left onto Vine Street and look to your left for the the parking garage (1/4 block). The garage is located across from St. Mary"s Church.
From East or West from US Route 30:
Exit off at the Lititz Pike Exit (501 South). Follow South towards Lancaster. Follow signs to Prince Street.
A word from The Pressroom Restaurant
Located in historic downtown Lancaster, PA just a 1/4 block from Penn Square, Marriott/Convention Center and Central Market. The dining room, designed with a newspaper motive, maintains the beauty of the historic Steinman Hardware Building, dating to the mid 1700's. As you enter, the warm feeling of mahogany surrounds you as you are guided to a cozy booth or table by the window. Seasonal outdoor dining (May - September) is available in Steinman Park with a towering water fall. Our classic marble and mahogany bar offers happy hour specials, frosty beers, wines by the glass or bottle and a complete selection of cocktails. Enjoy our menu, which reads like a newspaper, includes appetizers, soups, salads, gourmet pizzas, burgers and full course entrees. We use the best quality seafood, beef, poultry along with specialty pasta features, daily specials and vegetarian options. The signature desserts will end your meal on a sweet note!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Pressroom Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Lancaster ›
The Pressroom Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (34)special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (19)romantic (14)scenic view (11)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- vegetarian optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I appreciate the addition of interesting vegan and vegetarian options. I would like to be able to Purchase a 10oz glass of beer instead of a pint.Special Features:
- Lovely Outdoor PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and we were seated outside on the patio. The setting was romantic with the lights, waterfall, and brick patio, which is tucked away, removed from the city street. Very pleasant. We had a very nice waitress who took care of us throughout the night. I ordered the mussels to start, had the filet for my entree (my girlfriend had the BBQ Salmon), and finished with the blueberry creme brulee. I ordered my filet rare and it came out closer to medium rare, although it was still good. On the whole, the filet was definitely a good, I'm just not sure I would pay $34 for it again. Everything else was good. If you're in Lancaster, definitely consider stopping by The Pressroom, especially if you can sit outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- belleVIPDined on 7/30/2014Pressroom had a lovely setting to eat in: on the patio with a waterfall going into a pool and lots of trees lit with white Christmas lights. My three companions all got sandwiches, where were OK, but nothing special. One got pulled pork. The sauce was tangy but there was no smokiness to the taste, and the meat seemed a bit dry. I had a "wild shroom" pizza. It may have had a total of 4 small mushrooms on it. A total misnomer for the dish. A mushroom pizza should have be covered in mushrooms. The dough was tough, and the promised truffle oil was there only in spots. I stopped after part of one piece.Special Features:
- Excellent ConsistentlyBoiseBobDined on 7/25/2014We've been going to the Pressroom for many years and have always enjoyed our experience. Very good food and personal service. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExpeeriencePhilTDined on 7/19/2014We recently moved to the Lancaster area and selected The Pressroom Restaurant to celebrate our 51st wedding anniversary. We chose outdoor dining, which was delightful. The weather that evening was perfect. The waterfalls and fountain added a nice touch to the neat outdoor eating area.Special Features:
- Our experience for birthday familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Pressroom had always been family favorite. But the menu is more limited than ever and that was disappointing. We dressed up but servers were wearing khaki shorts and tee shirts? We were told "you'll be outside" even though I did not request that. Food is very good but portions smaller than remembered. Nice experience but not as good as times before. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delightful EveningAnitagoodmealDined on 7/11/2014The atmosphere, food, and service were top-notch during my recent visit to The Pressroom. The waterfall, the tree canopy and the delicate lighting create a beautifully tranquil dining experience. Our server, Mallory, was attentive and informative, and our only disappointment was that the scallops and two listed dessert options were unavailable. However, the Jambalaya and The Chesapeake Pig Pizza were outstanding. One of my best birthday dinner experiences ever!Special Features:
- Down to BusinessNonFamilyVenueDined on 7/8/2014I have been here several times, mostly business lunches, which is the best timeslot. The venue is definitely not kid friendly. We came with the family for a celebration dinner. There are no children selections on the menu and the highchairs/tables are at mouth level for toddlers. Could you imagine your chair being so low that your chin rested on the table? Would not return with the family for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poorrkcourtDined on 7/5/2014Worst service in years, we saw other diners also upset waiting for drinks and sending dinners backSpecial Features:
- OOOPSseniorvanguardDined on 7/1/2014Because of an onion allergy in the group, guest ordered food that had no onions listed in description. Kitchen staff had decided to change recipe that day and add onions to the sauce. Food had to be remade and guest waited while everyone else at the table ate their dinner. Change to menu had not been communicated to the wait staffSpecial Features:
- Good food; ok serviceJamisonDined on 6/27/2014It took 10 for someone to get us up front. They asked if we wanted to eat outside or inside. It was nice so we said outside. We were told where to go. Once we got outside we were told we needed a reservation that night. So we went back in and waited another 7 min for someone to greet us again. The inside was pretty empty so they were able to seat us once they recognized we were there. It was colder than I would have liked. We ordered. I drink only water. I drank my husband's water and mine. No one came to fill the glasses and no one was around again. The food came so I asked for more water. I should have nursed those waters because the glasses were small. The food was good. We both got sandwiches. Probably won't be back though.Special Features:
- Maybe time for an entree upgrade?RonHinDCDined on 6/21/2014I love, love, love this place. In fact, it's on my summer bucket list of things to do in Lancaster County. That said, can you add just a little more to the dinner menu as far as the main entrees? The current menu is good, but needs to add a few new modern dishes. I actually had a difficult time navigating the online menu - I'm ashamed to admit. The dry rub brisket that we had was on the specials menu and was delicious. How about a nice surf and turf? A new twist on chicken picata?? Great service, engaging but not overbearing waiter. Would come back again in a minute, but a few new dishes would seal the deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent, but not memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014I was down in Lancaster for a Business Trip, early summer 2014. Food at The Pressroom was good, but not overly memorable. (Some coworkers would be in Lancaster for a second week, and this was not one of the restaurants they were planning on revisiting.) There was a decent bottled beer list. The duckfat fries had good flavor and the Filet was tender and cooked to order. HUGE pad of garlic butter (barely melted) ontop of the filet, which was removed, but flavor stayed.
- BillyVDined on 6/15/2014Food was delicious, staff was friendly and attentive, service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining was lovelyKknjVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had a great night to dine outdoors, really nice! Service was very good, Morgan was very accomadating! Loved duck fat fries but burger wasn't as good as we thought it would be. Overall great experience.Special Features:
- You want me to sit where?CaroldzDined on 6/14/2014We got to the restaurant and were told we only have an outdoor table for you. Now the weather wasn't bad, but we had spend the entire day outdoors in the wind. I wasn't really in the mood we to sit in a shady spot with the sun going down.Special Features:
- Average FareDinesalotDined on 6/8/2014Nothing out of the ordinary here. American food with a few interesting beers. Reliable but not special.
- Terrible serviceFrequentdinerDined on 6/6/2014What was planned as a celebratory dinner turned out to be a dinner to be remembered all for the wrong reasons. Outdoor seating was not available which was fine with our party of four. One hour after being seated we did not have a morsel of food to eat nor an explanation as to why. It even took 20 minutes before a drink was served. The food when served was good, not exceptional. No best wishes were extended to our friends and our parking ticket was not even validated. I spoke to the manager who apologized and offered to comp the meal. He returned with a $50 gift card to use in the future even though we spent well over $150. Too many fine restaurant, bistros, cafés, et al in lancaster to ever return to the pressroom even to use the gift card.Special Features:
- Changed the menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014My husband and I have been going to The Pressroom every year for the past years for our anniversary. It has become a tradition. But apparently the chef has changed and so did their menu. The dishes that we look so forward to getting were no longer available: filet minion main dish and a filet minion and dollops of crab meat main dish. Yum. We each ended up choosing dishes that were not quite up to our liking. The chicken was very bland. But we understand that we are obviously not their only patrons to cater to, haha, that maybe those dishes were not selling well and that they needed to perk up their menu. It was still disappointing. Beautiful restaurant though. Staff was impeccable. Maybe we'll try their burgers next time.Special Features:
- Excellent!jon4manDined on 5/11/2014Ate outside next to the fountain. It was beautiful. Food was really good. Try he crab bisque! Service was perfect.Special Features:
- Wonderful atmosphereeldinerDined on 5/8/2014We dined outside by the waterfall. Seriously the best lump crab soup ever! We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-great service-clean!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014I had emailed the manager prior to my visit about my health-restricted diet and I was accomodated with no question. The food was fresh and tasty!Special Features:
- In an effort to please everyone...tjbhoDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant has put out the welcome mat for screaming babies and inconsiderate parents. Shame really. The food has improved dramatically over the past couple of years. It has often been one of many good choices in downtown Lancaster, and lately become our go-to choice for bar, appetizers and occasionally meals. We won't do meals again. Server was not attentive, never checked on our meals. When we expressed frustration with a screaming infant he demonstrated no empathy - saying the Chef wants anyone to be welcome, saying "we are no longer fine-dining". Parents - please be more considerate of others.Special Features:
- The following 107 reviews are from the The Pressroom Restaurant reviews archive.
- Excellent Entreescndirector1Dined on 4/26/2014We dined at the Pressroom for dinner prior to the theatre and were not disappointed. My husband had the Rigatoni Bolognese, my mother had the Chicken Murphy, and I had the Seafood Cioppino. All three entrees were properly prepared and very tasty. The service was excellent and timed perfectly for our other evening events.Special Features:
- The little things...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Had a fairly good experience at the Pressroom and enjoyed the short walk from the garage to the restaurant, very convienent. Unfortunately, the service ended up being the reason I'll try a few other downtown options before coming back. The first request after we got our food was never fulfilled (Parmesan) and then the waiter took forever with small things like the check and to go boxes. It was a nice enough experience to return, but left much to be desired in service
- Just okaySophieDDined on 4/16/2014Not great - not bad - average. We ordered choppino "spicy" and it wasn't remotely spicy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridal LunchSisteroftheBrideDined on 4/12/2014I arranged a small bridal lunch (5 people) for my sister and the women in our family. We have eaten at the Press Room in the past and have always enjoyed it. This visit was no different. Wonderful atmosphere, pleasant service, and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great friendly atmosphere.PattyDined on 3/28/2014Great friendly atmosphere. Very accommodating for a large group. Service was top notch and fast. Food was excellent especially the crab bisque with lots of crab meat. Would highly recommend this restaurant to family and friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunch or dinner1235Dined on 3/22/2014Nice downtown location. Dining in the Park is wonderful in the Summer months. Had dinner before the show at the Fulton theatre. Shared that we needed to make the show and things moved along quite nicely. Also received a 10 percent theatre discount ! The waiter was very attentive and personable without being over done. Drinks were made to perfection. My husband started with a special appetizer - duck fried oysters - yummy. Then he had the short ribs - they fell off the bone. I enjoyed their special beet salad ( without the feta cheese) and the vegan spaghetti - loved that they had vegan choices. Saw lots of families, which surprised us but all children were well-behaved. Must be all the wonderful pizzas on the menu ! We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableAddyDined on 3/21/2014My friend and I were attending an event in downtown Lancaster and ate at The Pressroom. Everything was very good. We enjoyed the experience and glad we chose The PressroomSpecial Features:
- Food was excellent. Huge burgers,RockOfAgesAttendeeDined on 3/15/2014Food was excellent. Huge burgers, great O-rings, and dessert was fantastic. Nice to see they used a local creamery for their ice creams and sorbets.Special Features:
- perfectquilttableDined on 3/13/2014This restaurant is conveniently located for days in downtown Lancaster. The service was wonderful! Very friendly staff. The food was delicious. All six of us ordered something different and we all loved the dish that we ordered. It was a very relaxed atmosphere that we all enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMrsBDined on 3/9/2014Everything was great! The hostess was friendly and made us feel welcome. The music was sensational! Gypsy jazz by Rue de la Pompe!Special Features:
- Brunch disappointingLNMSLNDined on 3/9/2014Hollandaise sauce much too tart. Service was poor. Frittata portion very small. No children's menu. Request for sour cream answered with "we probably don't have any in kitchen today" Really? Bloody Mary fix-it yourself bar was well done. They do dinner much better than brunch.
- Not as good as its reputationRichMDined on 3/5/2014The Pressroom has been recommended to me by several people over the years, but I did not have an opportunity to find out for myself until now. Noise level is "loud" not "energetic" Especially problematic since it was a weeknight and only about half full. Later this was partially remediated by the live jazz band playing in the front. Server was pleasant and helpful, but it took too long to receive our food (3 personal pizzas and a salad) wait was a bit over 30 minutes....again problematic since restaurant was not tremendously busy. Flavor and portions of food were good, but too much crust (probably 2 inches of crust on an 8 inch pie). For the price and reputation that this restaurant gets, we expected much better.
- OpportunisticRandyhod26Dined on 3/1/2014Great fine dining restaurant to take your wife or "special someone". Prices are "not cheap" but worth the price. Great ambience and great service. The hostess and the servers are very accommodating. Go there and enjoy the experience. I will return to the Pressroom the next time we are in Lancaster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Food and service were very good. Will definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Atmospherefoodhawk84Dined on 2/15/2014The atmosphere was excellent. I had flowers sent to the restaurant earlier and they set everything up very nice. I would recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014My wife and I both enjoyed our experience with The Pressroom this weekend and would definitely come back again. I was very happy that my steak was cooked the way I asked. Great service and friendly people was a huge plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's changed so much...Heels14Dined on 2/15/2014And not for the better. We've been here numerous times before and it has always been amazing. However this time was not. The hostess was a bit rude and did not smile once from the minute we walked in until she seated us. The menu has changed and they no longer make the dishes we enjoyed. We ordered an app. And paid to add crab meat. We found only 2 small pieces of crab. My husbands dinner was slightly burned and we waited 20 mins for a slice of cake. Overall not a great experience this time. Our server was fantastic however. That was the nicest thing about our visit!Special Features: