The Press Box Restaurant & Pub
932 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Press Box Restaurant & Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thepressboxnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 317-1826
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Michael Broderick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: For all you private dining needs, from corporate events to sit down dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Joe Ryan 8777238014
A word from The Press Box Restaurant & Pub
The Press Box Is Located ON Second Avenue Between 49th & 50th Streets and we are proud to offer our superb lunch, dinner and takeout menu to local residents and office workers alike. You are welcome to come and relax here while enjoying a bite to eat in our cozy bar which boasts a selection of twelve tap beers and a fine choice of wines by the glass and bottle. Perhaps you would prefer to come for brunch to sample our famous Traditional Irish Breakfast or how about our popular three course prix fixe dinner which, priced at $19.95 is one of the best deals in Midtown Manhattan. If you’re looking for somewhere to host a party or event, please come and see our beautiful second floor "Press Room" with hand crafted mahogany woodwork, exposed brick work and a glass frontage opening on to the Avenue. We cater parties from 10—100. Call Kim or Joe to plan your birthday party, office event, rehearsal dinner, christening, etc. We'll take care of everything!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Press Box Restaurant & Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Expect High Noise LevelDonGVIPDined on 10/19/2014Unfortunately, it was late Sunday afternoon, and we went for food, not to watch football and drink. Even in the back, as far from the bar as possible, the noise level was deafening, as giant tv screens and speakers surround the "food" area as well. I fear for the hearing health of the staff. I understand that for most of the patrons, this was perhaps what they wanted. We enjoyed the food. Just be forewarned.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great HamburgerDonGVIPDined on 8/11/2014I had the Pat La Frieda Burger. and it was excellent. My wife had the chicken cobb salad, wish was good (chicken was moist, not dried out, etc) except the chicken was coated with rosemary, which she does not like. We were early, around 6 pm, and it was not too noisy. Will definitely return.
- Quite nice!mmdurhamDined on 8/9/2014If you're looking for a clubby comfortable place to sit back, have a beer and eat, The Press Box will satisfy...though steaks and burgers reign supreme, try the Caesar salad and the mussels or even the salmon...you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 18 reviews are from the The Press Box Restaurant & Pub reviews archive.
- Great experience and burgerBobbyDined on 7/16/2014Went to Press Box for a couple beers and a couple burgers with co-workers so we reserved a larger/section table during late-lunch time. The fine people who work here were very attentive and the food and beers on tap were great. Perfect Irish-pub vibe. I would definitely come back with a large or small group of people (or by myself for lunch!).Special Features:
- The service was great . HoweverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014The service was great . However , some of our party did not like their food , including several of the same dishes we had during a previous visit.Special Features:
- Average pub foodCattlecoDined on 1/11/2014This was a good place to watch playoff football but the food was pretty average.Special Features:
- Excellent Burgers!!MaryLVIPDined on 12/21/2013I've been here twice, once on a Sunday for football and once on a Saturday night for dinner. The burgers are fantastic! Atmosphere-wise, this felt like 2 different places. Great for Sunday football and they show every game - with fans of all teams cheering. We sat in the dining room on a Saturday night - warm and comfortable. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good and plentynycisgreatDined on 9/27/2013I have written at the Press Box for lunch twice already, so I decided to take my husband and son there for dinner. The food was great and everyone really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak!skimDined on 9/20/2013The Press Box is a great neighborhood restaurant. Service is always friendly and down to earth. The food is fair to good, but the steaks are always fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- right in the hoodKnittingMomDined on 6/12/2013We usually go there every year for st patty's day, and you know its all about the drinks, but the guys in the office needed a nearby spot for an inexpensive lunch and it really was perfect, good food, good service and close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and price were right.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012The food and price were right. From hamburgers to Tuna, everything was delicious. The wait staff was also very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Great Place - Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2012This place was excellent. The atmosphere was fantastic. They didn't blink and eye when we showed up 30 minutes late for our reservation. The food was awesome. Whitney, our server made the visit that much more enjoyable. She was attentive, knowledgeable and made us feel right at home. I was visiting NYC from Houston where we have a lot of nice resturants but I will always find my way back to this place everytime I am in New York!Special Features:
- Great service and food wasbrunchmomDined on 6/15/2012Great service and food was mostly very good. We didn't like the ribs, however, but all else was delicious.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, however foodfoodVIPDined on 4/26/2012Nice atmosphere, however food was undercooked and we couldn't get server's attention.
- Good neighborhood choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/19/2012Tired out & ready to eat at a local neighborhood restaurant near 50/2nd. Read the reviews ahead & we were not disappointed. Good solid food, reasonable prices & cozy seating in the restaurant in the back beyond the bar. Great choice if in the area & looking for good food at a good price in a cozy neighborhood find.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the quite eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2011We enjoyed the quite evening and the food and service was nice.
- Comfortable atmosphere, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/20/2011Comfortable atmosphere, good food and very good service.Special Features:
- We ate here after visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2011We ate here after visiting my daughter at college. It is near her dorm. It is nothing special from the outside but the dining room in back is comfortable. We had the very reasonably priced Prix Fix menu ($32). The food was good, prepared as requested. The waitress was very attentive but not overly so. The desserts are made in-house and the apple crisp I had was very good (although more of an apple tart than a crisp). We will return when we are in the area.
- Excellent food though it wassA1983Dined on 9/5/2011Excellent food though it was a quiet night at this bar/pub.Special Features:
- The word "pub" matched withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011The word "pub" matched with an indecorous exterior may make the unwitting passerby not take a second look, but inside is a suprisingly spacious place for dining. Dim lighting sets the mood for romance, not Hollister shopping, and the hushed murmur of fellow patrons allows you to talk without yelling. The prices are not low, but the meal portions match them well.Special Features:
- Don't come here for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2011Don't come here for lunch or brunch - the food sucks and service is worse. Probably good just for drinks and football.