The Potomac Grill
1093 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Potomac Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepotomacgrill.com/
- Phone: 3017388181
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday & Tuesday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Blaugrund & Andrew Queen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Our catering offers delicious ,healthy food using fresh, natural ingredients in all our recipes . Our contemporary menu emphasizes imagination and style,and our unsurpassed service is fast and flexible.
- Entertainment: Wednesday -Live Comedy show at 9 pm Thursday -Karaoke at 9 pm Friday -Live Music at 9pm Saturday Live Music at 9.pm Sunday Live Jazz Brunch -10.30-2.30
A word from The Potomac Grill
We are a locally Owned and Operated Steak and Seafood Restaurant. Generous Portions From Filet Mignons, Fresh Seafood ,to Soups, Salads and Great Big Sandwiches. A Full bar to watch your favorite team ,with daily Happy hour food and drink specials, or a Quiet Fireside table for you and that special someone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Potomac Grill - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
The Potomac Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (82)great for brunch (33)great for lunch (33)good for groups (26)special occasion (25)fit for foodies (24)kid-friendly (17)notable wine list (11)romantic (9)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Everything was under seasonedkmisketVIPDined on 8/30/2014The service was very good and the food was cooked properly but everything was under seasoned. I rarely need to add salt to food served in a restaurant but my entire dinner party needed to add salt and/or pepper to everything to bring out the flavor. It was sort of an odd experience. Not sure that I would go back due to that.
- Another wonderful dinner!BethDined on 8/27/2014I love the Potomac Grill. I dine here monthly and have never been disappointed. This time I started with delicious sea scallops followed by salmon stuffed with crab meat. My entire dinner was outstanding. Wonderful service by Rene'. Thank you, Potomac Grill for another delicious dinner. Chef Andrew is superb! Sincerely, Beth from GaithersburgSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potomac Grill is a TreatJanosBarnaDined on 8/24/2014Very good service and food. This is a quiet restaurant that allows patrons to have a conversation without shouting, and the music is a nice mix of oldies, blues, and standards. Nestled in a small shopping plaza on Rockville Pike, this place is a favorite.Special Features:
- gem in a strip mallYummyDined on 8/15/2014We always enjoy our dinner here. The service and food are wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Prime Rib special on MondaysnewboldcookDined on 8/4/2014You get a very generous serving of Prime Rib on Monday for $15.95. The crab cake is also excellent, and you can order either a regular portion (2 crab cakes) or a petite portion (1 crab cake). A vegetable mixture (green beans, red pepper, and summer squash) comes with both entrees ... not so crazy about that combo, and the beans would be better if they were cooked a little bit longer. We like this place a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the Potomac Grill!BethDined on 7/29/2014I selected the salmon stuffed with crabmeat which was outstanding. The portions are always generous. I ordered the regular portion and had enough for dinner the following evening. Our server was Joe who gave us superb service. I eat here at least monthly and have consistently enjoyed great food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreenieGreenieVIPDined on 7/28/2014First time we had sandwiches there. They stay so consistently great with their food, whether dinners or sandwiches. It is not romantic nor does it have terrific decor...just plain old great food at wonderful pricesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/27/2014Our group of 3 arrived for the first seating @ 10:30 for the Sunday brunch buffet. They have a good selection of food , both breakfast and lunch items, and the food was good. We really liked ordering our omelets via pencil and paper. The server takes your order back into the kitchen and brings your omelet to you...no standing in line. A Jazz combo starting playing at 11:00 and entertained us as we debated going back for more food. The check for 3 was $50.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, professional serviceRWoodBVIPDined on 7/21/2014The service is what stands out at this restaurant. The food is very good because of the quality of the ingredients, but the kitchen is sometimes heavy handed with the sauces. The wines are all under $40 a bottle and the mark-up is reasonable, but some of the choices are unfortunate. The Layer Cake shiraz is a very nice wine at an attractive price, as are many of the other reds, but the white wine choices reflect a lack of interest in searching out quality whites at attractive prices. The ambiance is somewhat better than the typical suburban strip mall restaurant, but still lacks warmth. It is puzzling why the restaurant resists adding espresso to the coffee options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Trekkie Jones"GoodmanandPrineDined on 7/19/2014Best Prime Rib in 30 years of dining out in the Washington DC area.Special Features:
- Always a good choiceRandyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Potomac Grill is consistently good! The food tastes homemade, and the environment is homey. You are never surprised, as the food is as you expect it. Whether it is mussels in a dreamy sauce, or the Delicious breads that accompany the meal, we always enjoy coming here and relaxing with good food, and music - especially Friday nights! Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- wonderful mealYummyDined on 7/12/2014We always have a great time at Potomac Grill. The steak was fabulous and so were the veggies. We had the brownie for dessert. The service was great,too. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Reliably ExcellentJonbromVIPDined on 7/11/2014We always have an excellent meal here. The food is reliably fresh and creative. The portions are very nice and service is very good. All in all and excellent value.Special Features:
- A GemloulouDined on 7/3/2014I have been going to Potomac Grill since Scott opened, and have watched the Restaurant grow into a wonderful spot to have lunch, dinner, or a special occasion. They made my 80th party, and everyone until this day a year later is still talking about it. Thank you for a great eating place.Special Features:
- The Grill is Quite GoodLateOTableUserVIPDined on 6/30/2014Very nice place. Has a fireplace. Not too big but can accommodate a collection of folks. It is a good find on Rockville Pike. The food was good with adequate portions. The key lime pie was really good.Special Features:
- Good mealanthonyVIPDined on 6/25/2014This place is in a strip mall. Not really a high end restaurant. Food was good, and service was friendly and homey - but not necessarily good. This is a good place to come with a family of four, but not a great place on expense account.Special Features:
- Client LuncheoncparkVIPDined on 6/23/2014I had a lunch with my client and his wife. We all started with the soup of the day which was a tomato basil. It was OK but lacked flavor. My client had the fish of the day special which was Florentine . He said it was good. I had the Ruben and it was awfully greasy. For an appetizer we split a crab cake sandwich without the bun. It was fine but not the best I ever had. Overall an OK experience.Special Features:
- DrinksBeeBeeDined on 6/22/2014THE FOOD WAS OK NOTHING TO RAVE ABOUT BUT THE DRINKS WAS SO MUCH BETTER... THUMBS UP FOR THE DRINKSSpecial Features:
- First-time brunchersmontgomerycochowhoundVIPDined on 6/22/2014Although The Potomac Grill has long been a favorite, this was the first time my friends and I tried the brunch. It was awesome! Everything you would expect, at a great price -- and made-to-order omelets!! This was a real treat, and we shall definitely return for brunch in addition to our usual dinners and lunches!!Special Features:
- excellent food and service!!jojoDined on 6/21/2014Potomac Grille has big portions, excellent service and a very accommodating menu. We had to make some substitutions and they were very accommodating. Would definitely go back there again.Special Features:
- GreenieGreenieVIPDined on 6/19/2014Consistently great food. They have done away with karaoke and open mike comedy during the week. That was a Godsend
- TerrificMamawDined on 6/17/2014We met for early dinner retirement celebration. We were seated in a semi private room where the doors could be closed off from the. Main restaurant area. Perfect. Crabcake dinner good. Service excellent. Others liked the hangar steak special. We were pleased with the seating, service and food. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth a 2nd visitOlneyNeighborVIPDined on 6/14/2014We chose the Grille since we were going to Strathmore for a show. The service was great and so was most of the offerings. Nice menu for choices. I chose the Lobster Scampi, it was tasty but the lobster meat was from the claws and was chewy not like the sweet meat from the lobster tail. my partner ordered the rockfish and thought it was great but just a bit dry. the flatbread appetizer was just passable. Will try the restaurant again on a slower night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One-TimerBFlookDined on 6/11/2014Liked the food and the waiter was very good. Not an over the top experience, but overall, if it were closer I would frequent.Special Features:
- Daniel ChenDanielVIPDined on 6/10/2014Both food and service are great! What amazes me is the spice they use. If you want try something different, order the chef's specials.Special Features:
- Good all-around restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014We had the lamb chops, stuffed salmon, and crab cake and all were very good including the vegetables. We like that they offer the option of smaller portions as the normal portion these days seems to be much too much for us. Deserts were delicious also.Special Features:
- Suz1Dined on 6/6/2014Wonderful, as always. This is our "go to place"! Sunday Brunch has become a weekly tradition!Special Features:
- Less Perfect Than BeforeRandyVIPDined on 6/5/2014Our visit this time was a bit less perfect. Our waiter was charming, but should learn the finesse of serving wine, rather than just filling both our glasses like water. A restaurant this nice should make sure the formalities are followed in that area. In addition, the food was less good: my meal had uncooked rice mixed in with the cooked rice, and my partner thought the sauce on the lobster was overpowering. Lobster has such a delicate flavor that you couldn't taste it over the sauce. But because they were so good the other times we went, we'll allow them this one!Special Features:
- Exceptional Dinner FoodBMcNuttDined on 6/3/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the sizable portions of food. We ordered the crab dip which fed all four of us, and the triangle cut bread served with the dip was magnificent. I had the queen size prime rib. The medium doneness arrived exactly as I ordered. It came with horseradish on the side without asking. The baked potato was most delicious; not over or undercooked. They served it with butter, and sour cream on the side without asking. The vegetables were crisp, not overcooked. The chocolate covered bread pudding was over-the-top, naturally; a fitting end to a memorable dinner. All of us had similar experiances with their dinners.Special Features:
- If it's been a whilemontgomerycochowhoundVIPDined on 6/3/2014since you last visited The Potomac Grill, do your self a favor and plan to go! There are some great new items on the regular menu, and the specials -- as always, really are special! My new lunchtime favorite is the Kentucky Hot Brown -- a sandwich that reminds me of growing up in the south -- and the other new items are just as unique and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib MondayBassmanMarkDined on 6/2/2014Great local place, the prime rib on Monday's is the best deal in town. They had just cleaned the carpets and unfortunately the dining room still had a faint smell of cleaner. Very crowded, could of benefited from additional wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McDuff17Dined on 5/31/2014Always a good meal. Their chicken Marsala is wonderful! And their crusty bread with olive oil and basil is a treat. If you sign up for their "club", they send monthly coupons for 25% off , including alcohol! One of our favorites for a delicious, quiet meal. You can go with friends and actually hear the conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Wonderful Meal!BethDined on 5/31/2014I just love the Potomac Grill. I have dinner or lunch here at least monthly. I was with 2 friends during my most recent visit. Our wonderful server was Rosie (Rosa). We all enjoyed great service and truly delicious food. Two of us had the flounder stuffed with crabmeat. Oh my goodness; it was so very good. The menu was recently revised but they still have my favorite dishes. I only eat seafood and really appreciate the great variety for those of us who do not eat meat. By the way, the new menu items are excellent. The stuffed flounder is new and was outstanding. Oh, they also have a revised wine list as well. I tried a new very smooth Pinot Noir, excellent! Keep up the good work Potomac Grill. Cheers, Beth from GaithersburgSpecial Features:
- GreenieGreenieVIPDined on 5/28/201420 of us ate there after high school graduation and EVERYONE liked their meals, meat, fish, chicken. It was the first time there for 18 of the party and people said they would returnSpecial Features:
- Nice SurpriseLuv2dine2Dined on 5/28/2014Our first time eating here, and we enjoyed ourselves very much! We will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2014We have never had any problems with the food or the service. We bring our grandson there and we feel he has a very good time with the workers and has no problem finding something to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchJenny26REDDined on 5/25/2014This is my go-to for Sunday brunch! The servers are always nice, and the buffet offers a huge variety of breakfast (and non-breakfast) fare, and it's always delicious. My boyfriend even described the bacon here to be perfectly cooked and what "all other bacon wished it was." (He likes bacon.)Special Features:
- New chef...mixed resultsGreenieVIPDined on 5/17/2014The regular chef was not there and the results were mixed regarding our entrees.
- pleasant surprise4katzDined on 5/17/2014The Rockville place my friend and I were going to meet for lunch recently closed, so a search online for a place with a decent seafood menu led to The Potomac Grill. I was surprised to find it in a small strip mall and in spite of slightly tacky paper coverings on our small and tippy table, the server was very attentive and pleasant. My friend arrived before I did and ordered the crab dip appetizer. I tried it and was immediately taken back to the times my mother prepared a similar dip for winter parties. Yum. My friend was enthusiastic about her seafood pasta dish, and my stuffed salmon with delicious rice and veggies had just the right portions sizes. If I didn't live so far away, I would go again.Special Features:
- RandyVIPDined on 5/16/2014The crabcakes were excellent as were the Asian noodles with shrimp, and Surf and Turf platters. You always get that homey feel at Potomac Grill and everyone is friendly and accommodating. The food is like home-made and consistently good. We will certainly return as long as these special touches continue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.