The Potomac Grill
1093 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Potomac Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepotomacgrill.com/
- Phone: 3017388181
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday & Tuesday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Blaugrund & Andrew Queen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Our catering offers delicious ,healthy food using fresh, natural ingredients in all our recipes . Our contemporary menu emphasizes imagination and style,and our unsurpassed service is fast and flexible.
- Entertainment: Wednesday -Live Comedy show at 9 pm Thursday -Karaoke at 9 pm Friday -Live Music at 9pm Saturday Live Music at 9.pm Sunday Live Jazz Brunch -10.30-2.30
A word from The Potomac Grill
We are a locally Owned and Operated Steak and Seafood Restaurant. Generous Portions From Filet Mignons, Fresh Seafood ,to Soups, Salads and Great Big Sandwiches. A Full bar to watch your favorite team ,with daily Happy hour food and drink specials, or a Quiet Fireside table for you and that special someone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Potomac Grill - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
The Potomac Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (74)great for brunch (30)great for lunch (28)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (28)special occasion (15)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (11)romantic (11)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- GreenieGreenieVIPDined on 10/22/2014This is an untapped treasure. Doesn't matter what we order...the food is always great and the prices very reasonable.Special Features:
- Dinner clubVernieDined on 10/20/2014We went for happy hour & dinner with a group of 7, the waitress didn't tell us you had to set in a certain part of the restaurant to get the happy hour first. She was a little rude because we said we wanted to have drinks first. The manager wasn't accommodating either. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchBunchDined on 10/19/2014I came with a group of us who went to college many years ago. I looked online and found The Potomac Grill and suggested we go there. We were all VERY impressed with the restaurant. We had a GREAT time. The food, atmosphere, service, and price were FANTASTIC. We had the Sunday brunch and it was THE BEST!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchSuz1VIPDined on 10/19/2014We have made a tradition of Sunday Brunch at Potomac Grill. It did not disappoint! The shrimp were especially good on Sunday.Special Features:
- Good could be much betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Nice place for brunch. Service was great (waiter) Music was pleasant and surprising. Food selection is fine, some of the pasta was over cooked, omelet was drowning on oil. Waffles were dry. Hoped for salmon w / the bagel. Took forever for the omelet to arrive (by that time we were full) Great value for your money if you are a Buffett kind of diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Delicious FoodRandyVIPDined on 10/17/2014We can always count on eating fresh, well prepared food - whether it's seafood, meat or veggies, Potomac Grill is a great neighborhood restaurant. We dined on a Friday night, and enjoyed great music as well. If you haven't experienced this down-to-earth eatery, you must give it a try. You will become a regular!Special Features:
- VernieDined on 10/12/2014We went to Sunday brunch and it was wonderful, the food was excellent. They had a Jazz band playing. The service was excellent also.Special Features:
- The Potomac Grill on a SaturdayRickVIPDined on 10/11/2014I found the grill on Open Table. It was our first time. The menu with ribs, prime rib and chicken was our type of restaurant. We all got side salads which were very good. Our main courses were good. The prime rib medium rare was a little grizzly. The kings cut was a lot of fat but once that was cut out the meat was taste. The prices are reasonable. Our waiter, Pat, was very good. Had to wait too long for the check but overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014Best Prime Rib in the area bar none. Really like this restaurant, the pricing is acceptable. The wait staff is always nice and attentive. It has a nice neighborhood feel as the Bar area is always packed with the locals. The Grilled Salmon dishes are also exceptional. The owner is attentive and always says hello to you at the table. It' a gem of a restaurant on Rockville Pike. Again the Prime Rib King or Queen cut just melts in your mouth it really is terrific.Special Features:
- Notably delicious and imaginativeWritergrlDined on 10/5/2014I don't have much good experience with strip mall restaurants, with some notable exceptions. Now I can put Potomac Grill in the notable category. After dining there several times in the past six months, I have been pleased with the imagination and execution of a variety of delicious dishes. My latest visit featured bourbon glazed grilled salmon, cooked to perfection. Salmon is so easy to overcook, but mine was lovely. The asparagus and the quinoa-butternut squash-other veggies side dish was a great complement to the salmon. Service was attentive and helpful. The noise level, which can be quite high when the place is full, was very quiet the night I was there. Thank you, Potomac Grill for a great dinner!Special Features:
- Nogluten4meVIPDined on 9/29/2014Always a good meal and an enjoyable time at The Potomac Grill. Rosie, Pat and the other servers are friendly, attentive and helpful. Lots of delicious gluten free choices and prime rib Monday is an amazing deal! Don't miss the creme brûlée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to experience live musicAwesomeMusicianDined on 9/27/2014Fine dining with reasonably priced drinks and excellent service. Had a great time listening and dancing to Montgomery County's best classic rock and variety dance band, TRADEMARK, on Saturday night September 27, 2014.Special Features:
- Great for a casual mealIngridDined on 9/27/2014I often drive by The Potomac Grill, but haven't tried it until now. The restaurant was quite empty when we went for Saturday lunch; only 4 or 5 tables were occupied. It was difficult to choose what to order as everything on the menu looked tempting. In the end, we ordered the Grilled Ahi Tuna, Steak Sandwich, and Pan Seared Stuffed Halibut (daily specials). The dishes arrived pretty quickly. I LOVED my Grilled Ahi Tuna; it was perfectly cooked and the side vegetables were delicious too! One thing that bothered my brother and mom was the cleanliness of their water - they both found black specks in their glasses. Otherwise, everything else was good and we will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Sunday Jazz BrunchHLDVDined on 9/14/2014The buffet was not as expansive as most. Omelettes were offered from the back kitchen. We selected only a few items from the buffet so the price did not fit what we chose. Would not recommend it.Special Features:
- Good one!auntiepatsoDined on 9/13/2014Good service and a nice straight-ahead American menu, very reasonable prices. The ingredients were very fresh, the preparation great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backRandyVIPDined on 9/13/2014...even though this time the food could have been just a bit better. The scallops in lemon sauce dish was very good, but had the scallops been seared a bit before put into the pool of sauce, the dish would have had a better flavor overall. We got an organic wine, which was delicious...the only one on the menu. The live music was pleasant and not too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okay...Crickle16Dined on 8/31/2014Sunday 5:30pm - Everyone's meal wasn't quite right, my $30 plate of Lobster Risotta was slightly rubbery lobster on a plate of RICE (NOT Risotto, not creamy at all, might as well have been Uncle Ben's or Minute Rice) that smelled fairly fishy when it arrived. My brother had to saw his "Prime Rib" apart. Our $12 coconut shrimp appetizer was almost black, and had very little flavor. The Creme Brulee was slightly greasy, and curdled. They traded it out and I tried the Chocolate Bread Pudding which the waitress said was the best thing they had in the restaurant. It was. But still nothing special. It came out large, congealed slightly heated brick of bread pudding. The bread and dipping oil were tasty, and our waitress was very pleasant though.
- Everything was under seasonedkmisketVIPDined on 8/30/2014The service was very good and the food was cooked properly but everything was under seasoned. I rarely need to add salt to food served in a restaurant but my entire dinner party needed to add salt and/or pepper to everything to bring out the flavor. It was sort of an odd experience. Not sure that I would go back due to that.
- mollyDined on 8/29/2014food a consistantly good and service is excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful dinner!BethDined on 8/27/2014I love the Potomac Grill. I dine here monthly and have never been disappointed. This time I started with delicious sea scallops followed by salmon stuffed with crab meat. My entire dinner was outstanding. Wonderful service by Rene'. Thank you, Potomac Grill for another delicious dinner. Chef Andrew is superb! Sincerely, Beth from GaithersburgSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potomac Grill is a TreatJanosBarnaDined on 8/24/2014Very good service and food. This is a quiet restaurant that allows patrons to have a conversation without shouting, and the music is a nice mix of oldies, blues, and standards. Nestled in a small shopping plaza on Rockville Pike, this place is a favorite.Special Features:
- gem in a strip mallYummyDined on 8/15/2014We always enjoy our dinner here. The service and food are wonderful.Special Features:
- EnjoyablemnkyboyVIPDined on 8/5/2014For being in a strip mall, it was very unexpected food. Meal was very good!!Crème Brulee wasn't great though, kind of runny & weird texture. The meatloaf wellington was great!!Special Features:
- Great Prime Rib special on MondaysnewboldcookDined on 8/4/2014You get a very generous serving of Prime Rib on Monday for $15.95. The crab cake is also excellent, and you can order either a regular portion (2 crab cakes) or a petite portion (1 crab cake). A vegetable mixture (green beans, red pepper, and summer squash) comes with both entrees ... not so crazy about that combo, and the beans would be better if they were cooked a little bit longer. We like this place a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the Potomac Grill!BethDined on 7/29/2014I selected the salmon stuffed with crabmeat which was outstanding. The portions are always generous. I ordered the regular portion and had enough for dinner the following evening. Our server was Joe who gave us superb service. I eat here at least monthly and have consistently enjoyed great food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreenieGreenieVIPDined on 7/28/2014First time we had sandwiches there. They stay so consistently great with their food, whether dinners or sandwiches. It is not romantic nor does it have terrific decor...just plain old great food at wonderful pricesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/27/2014Our group of 3 arrived for the first seating @ 10:30 for the Sunday brunch buffet. They have a good selection of food , both breakfast and lunch items, and the food was good. We really liked ordering our omelets via pencil and paper. The server takes your order back into the kitchen and brings your omelet to you...no standing in line. A Jazz combo starting playing at 11:00 and entertained us as we debated going back for more food. The check for 3 was $50.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, professional serviceRWoodBVIPDined on 7/21/2014The service is what stands out at this restaurant. The food is very good because of the quality of the ingredients, but the kitchen is sometimes heavy handed with the sauces. The wines are all under $40 a bottle and the mark-up is reasonable, but some of the choices are unfortunate. The Layer Cake shiraz is a very nice wine at an attractive price, as are many of the other reds, but the white wine choices reflect a lack of interest in searching out quality whites at attractive prices. The ambiance is somewhat better than the typical suburban strip mall restaurant, but still lacks warmth. It is puzzling why the restaurant resists adding espresso to the coffee options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Trekkie Jones"GoodmanandPrineDined on 7/19/2014Best Prime Rib in 30 years of dining out in the Washington DC area.Special Features:
- Always a good choiceRandyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Potomac Grill is consistently good! The food tastes homemade, and the environment is homey. You are never surprised, as the food is as you expect it. Whether it is mussels in a dreamy sauce, or the Delicious breads that accompany the meal, we always enjoy coming here and relaxing with good food, and music - especially Friday nights! Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- wonderful mealYummyDined on 7/12/2014We always have a great time at Potomac Grill. The steak was fabulous and so were the veggies. We had the brownie for dessert. The service was great,too. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Reliably ExcellentJonbromVIPDined on 7/11/2014We always have an excellent meal here. The food is reliably fresh and creative. The portions are very nice and service is very good. All in all and excellent value.Special Features:
- A GemloulouDined on 7/3/2014I have been going to Potomac Grill since Scott opened, and have watched the Restaurant grow into a wonderful spot to have lunch, dinner, or a special occasion. They made my 80th party, and everyone until this day a year later is still talking about it. Thank you for a great eating place.Special Features:
- The Grill is Quite GoodLateOTableUserVIPDined on 6/30/2014Very nice place. Has a fireplace. Not too big but can accommodate a collection of folks. It is a good find on Rockville Pike. The food was good with adequate portions. The key lime pie was really good.Special Features:
- The following 534 reviews are from the The Potomac Grill reviews archive.
- Good mealanthonyVIPDined on 6/25/2014This place is in a strip mall. Not really a high end restaurant. Food was good, and service was friendly and homey - but not necessarily good. This is a good place to come with a family of four, but not a great place on expense account.Special Features:
- Client LuncheoncparkVIPDined on 6/23/2014I had a lunch with my client and his wife. We all started with the soup of the day which was a tomato basil. It was OK but lacked flavor. My client had the fish of the day special which was Florentine . He said it was good. I had the Ruben and it was awfully greasy. For an appetizer we split a crab cake sandwich without the bun. It was fine but not the best I ever had. Overall an OK experience.Special Features:
- DrinksBeeBeeDined on 6/22/2014THE FOOD WAS OK NOTHING TO RAVE ABOUT BUT THE DRINKS WAS SO MUCH BETTER... THUMBS UP FOR THE DRINKSSpecial Features:
- First-time brunchersmontgomerycochowhoundVIPDined on 6/22/2014Although The Potomac Grill has long been a favorite, this was the first time my friends and I tried the brunch. It was awesome! Everything you would expect, at a great price -- and made-to-order omelets!! This was a real treat, and we shall definitely return for brunch in addition to our usual dinners and lunches!!Special Features:
- excellent food and service!!jojoDined on 6/21/2014Potomac Grille has big portions, excellent service and a very accommodating menu. We had to make some substitutions and they were very accommodating. Would definitely go back there again.Special Features:
- GreenieGreenieVIPDined on 6/19/2014Consistently great food. They have done away with karaoke and open mike comedy during the week. That was a Godsend