The Porch Restaurant & Bar - Sacramento
1815 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95811Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
The Porch Restaurant & Bar - Sacramento
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theporchsacramento.com/
- Phone: 9164442423
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jonathon Clemmons
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Porch Restaurant & Bar - Sacramento
The Porch offers Sacramento a delicious down-home low country dining experience located right in the heart of Midtown!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Porch Restaurant & Bar - Sacramento - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
The Porch Restaurant & Bar - Sacramento reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (92)neighborhood gem (66)special occasion (63)great for brunch (60)great for outdoor dining (47)great for lunch (41)good for groups (38)kid-friendly (24)hot spot (16)romantic (15)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (7)late-night find (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Group brunchJLJanson22Dined on 9/27/2014Did a great job answering all of my questions and confirming my reservations. Printing happy birthday with the names on the menu was a nice touch. Everyone enjoyed the food and we were served pretty quickly. Our waiter Jason was professional and friendly, he definitely helped make our experience greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good and satisfying!LoloDined on 9/21/2014Excellent fried chicken, fried green tomato appetizers, bourbon bar! If you mention whatever special occasion when you make your reservation with Open Table, they actually print a special menu for your party acknowledging the event! Couldn't be nicer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare Southern Brunch in Sac!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014Came here in a group of 4, had a reservation and were seated promptly. Great atmosphere and decor. The service was very friendly as well! Food was very good and unique with a southern twist!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not disappointed yetfood4lifeDined on 9/21/2014I've been here at least 5 or 6 times for brunch and have never been disappointed. The service is always good and food is wonderful. For a first timer, I'd recommend the Chicken & Waffle. The noise level can get a bit loud, but it won't keep me from returning.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Will definitely return, everything was exactly as it should be.Special Features:
- A marvelous evening!LorrieDined on 9/20/2014Celebrating the end of cancer treatment and recovery is so important! To do the celebrating at The Porch was so important to me! The ambiance, wonderful service, and total comfort was well appreciated! The food was mouth-watering, the comfort I needed! It's a Sacramento treasure that is like home-coming each time I return.Special Features:
- bridal showerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Your staff was FABULOUS!!!! Everyone loved the Mac n cheese. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Tired of California Cuisine!!! Go South!! Excellent food and drinks! Loved the Fried Green Tomatoes!Special Features:
- Perfect Friday date nightluvsTessDined on 9/19/2014Food was incredible, service was impeccable, ambiance was just lovely. We had fried green tomatoes appetizer-very flavorful, delicious combo of flavors, pretty presentation. We also tried the grief chicken and the grilled meat loaf. Both were LARGE portions, tasted home made and fresh from the farm. Dessert was banana pudding, which also do not disappoint. We had enough left overs for a whole second meal, which was equally delicious. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but pricey.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Seriously?? $18 for a Wedge Salad?? It's Ice Berg lettuce for goodness sake. The salad was more expensive than my entree. On the flip side, the Mac & Cheese appetizer was FABULOUS as was the biscuit and gravy side order. I may return again someday but i would surely be more selective on what I ordered.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Service was awesome. Never had to ask for anything. Our waitress was friendly and gave great suggestions on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was pretty well presented and very tasty, however the server was extrimily busy, which affected our dinnjng experience, it took a long time to get our drinks and food. The server howeve always had a wonderful smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavy foodCowgirl12Dined on 9/13/2014The best part was the waiter-I think his name was Jeremy. He was excellent. I think my mistake was choosing this restaurant when I knew the type of food which was heavy and too much. I thought I'd enjoy southern food but I'm too used to lighter California cuisine. A suggestion would be to try Southern food with a lighter hand. The place is extremely noisy. I had a mint julep I didn't like - I've had them before and this wasn't it. Too heavy on the alcohol. The waiter noticed and attempted a fix so 5 stars again to Jeremy.Special Features:
- Yummy Funhappy2goDined on 9/13/2014Food was fun and yummy. Southern with a flair. Nice decor, but be prepared for lively sound inside. Service was good. We had 3 different entrees at the table and shared / taste tested all, everyone agreed wonderful flavors. Really nice that they offer some small plate servings. Definitely will return. Homemade ice cream a plus for our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impress Mother in Law enough said!KaidensmomDined on 9/13/2014Great apps with pickled veggies and cornbread. Main course we all had chicken with amazing sides! VegetAble suquotash was legendary. Dessert tasted old and freezer burned. :( ice cream cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gemJuJuDined on 9/12/2014Loved the atmosphere, menu and bar! Our table shared fried green tomatoes and cornbread to start, both yummy! Entrees of shrimp and grits (very good!), pork chop (huge and very tender) and two orders of flank steak...that came with an incredible green chili Mac and cheese. We were stuffed but tried the to die for s'more dessert! Can't wait to go back and try the fried chicken next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!foodmoney88Dined on 9/12/2014This was a very pleasant fresh twist on New Orleans style food. Try the Fried Oysters and Po'Boy Shrimp sandwich! To die for! Clean, fresh, upbeat and friendly.Special Features:
- Nice Place Overallluv2travelDined on 9/8/2014Overall the food was good. My husband really enjoyed the burger and fries. He said it was the best burger he has had. I had the shrimp and grits. The grits were great. However, I did really care for the sauce over the shrimp. The banana pudding was good (got it to go), but they forgot to include the nilla wafers. The nilla wafers are what makes the banana pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noteable Southern Farebobby44Dined on 8/31/2014A relaxed atmosphere on a Sunday evening Very nice selection of Southern dishes and appetizers More noise than expected Will try the outdoor dining when weather appropriate Will return with more friendsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be in a hurry!DeeEatsDined on 8/31/2014The food was fantastic. Our server was great. The rest of the service was terrible. Our toddler got pancakes raw in the middle. The drinks took forever because the bar had to pour them and we didn't have alcohol. Management needs to rethink how they do businessSpecial Features:
- very noisy and weird priced menuMarilynVIPDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed The Porch experience overall. The food tasty and service great. Food was well timed and nice prssentation. Noise level terrible and we were seated next to a loud group in spite of empty tables. biggest problem is that the menu appeared to be priced to the most advantage to the restaurant portions for big that you couldn't get an entree send $20 and decides for each. Orders 6 or 8 dollars and the salad were also large part portion inexpensive you could not get a small dinner salad soup and an entree for example that would come with exercise pricing that was difficultto to figure out with the menu offered if we ever came again we would do what other tables seem to be doing get one salad or one entree and split itI would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014We had a reservation for two on a Friday evening which did not seem necessary as it wasn't very busy. The waiter didn't notice us for what seemed like an ususally long time.We had to flag him down. Food was not as wonderful as I remember. The boneless ribs were served like a big chunk of meat. The fried chicken my boyfriend had seemed to lack the flavor I remembered. The drinks were great! All in all I was a little disappointed for the pricetag.Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchDebekusDined on 8/30/2014This was our second trip to The Porch and I selected it as my Birthday Brunch destination. The service was EXCELLENT - Laura thank you. They had menus printed with Happy Birthday on them - a nice additive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.ReallyDined on 8/28/2014Great place, easy access, no waiting. Service was great and the food was great tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placePB19Dined on 8/28/2014a wonderful place just outside of the downtown traffic. great food, great atmosphere and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Really enjoyed itSwirlydotsDined on 8/26/2014The waiter we had (Jeremy) was fantastic and really good with our toddler (who was well behaved anyway but still) - he made sure she had crayons and water with a straw etc - little things but they really make a difference. The food was amazing, we really enjoyed it - especially the fried green tomatoes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would go againSockeyeDined on 8/24/2014The food and the service were very satisfactory, and the ambiance was quite nice, clean and comfortable. Fried green tomatoes and mac and cheese were very good, tasted authentic southern style. I had fried chicken for entree, which was sok but not great. My companion had the trout and said it was very good. The menu says diners may request Green Tabasco Honey. Do it! It is fantastic, and the biscuits are good too!
- Amazing Southern Cooking!foodcomaDined on 8/24/2014We LOVED The Porch! We tried as many things as we could handle and shared around the table. The mac and cheese, cornbread, spinach salad, grilled brie...everything was really amazing and we can't wait to go back since the menu changes daily. The punch bowl cocktail was amazing and a must-try. I'm from the south, so really want to try the fried okra, biscuits, grits and fried chicken. The service was great and we really enjoyed our meal. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite BrunchHighfiveMyDined on 8/24/2014I know that it is bad when the waiter knows my menu choices. I really enjoy this place for brunch and will eat here anytime I can. The Po'Boy Sandwich is my favorite dish along with the fried okra and beignets.Special Features:
- Ahhh Southern ComfortPaulaDined on 8/24/2014This was our second time at the Porch, bringing my nephew and his wife, both chefs...The Porch again put out a great brunch starting with the beneits and homemade jam with cloves, and could not change to another entreebecause the chicken and waffles were so good the first time, had to have it again...husband got the chorizo benedict , great hollindaise sauce, but the sausage was too small and not enough. will keep coming back, (even though we live in Santa Cruz) ....great place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014seemed a bit slow but as always food was deliciousSpecial Features:
- go lighter on the spicesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014mac and cheese too spicy...offer unsweetened black tea
- Great Place to Eatlike2trynewDined on 8/23/2014I saw this place on Good Day channel 31 on Sundays and the fried chicken looked so good. My business associate and I like to try new places to eat and since we had a later engagement downtown we decided to try it out. I was not disappointed. The portions are huge so be sure to let your waiter know that you want a half size. I would definitely recommend to all of my family and friends. We will be back to try out the brunch. Chicken and waffles, here I come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceShawnwayneDined on 8/20/2014Great food, great people. They went the extra step. When making reservation, I noted that we were there for a birthday. I recieved a call from the mngr the day of, and he asked for the name of the birthday person and had a customized menu made up for us when we got there. Additionally, they offered an extra discount because we were headed to Music Circus. The fried chicken was excellent, I recommend getting the gravy as one of your sides for a real southern dish. Only go out to dinner in Sac 8-10 times a year as I live up in the foothills, but this place will def. be added to the rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Five people from our office went to The Porch for lunch on 8/20/14, around 12:30pm. The food was flavorful. The time it took to receive our food, however, was quite long, especially considering there were only approximately 8 other people in the entire restaurant.
- Great food, will come again!yumtumDined on 8/19/2014I had the fried green tomatoes and the shrimp po boy. Both were delicious. I'll definitely be back to try more from the menu. We got a 10% discount since we were on our way to Music Circus, definite plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not returnwantagooddiningexperienceDined on 8/19/2014Very poor service, very poor representation of low country cooking, very noisy. Only good part of experience was the wine and it was from Germany. Without question we will NOT return!!
- Got it togetherjwm1952VIPDined on 8/19/2014When the Porch opened we were not impressed. We finally returned to give it a second try. We should have done that sooner. Excellent. Spicing, presentation all excellent. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Southern-style foodChefDooneVIPDined on 8/18/2014I would recommend The Porch to anyone looking for a great meal with Southern Flair! Delicious Low-Country style food, the fried chicken is out of this world delightful! Lots of good bourbon, excellent desserts, the chocolate cream pie is fantastic!Special Features:
- Fun birthday dinnerjeatsDined on 8/17/2014We had excellent service, excellent food and delicious drinks at our fun family dinner celebrating our daughter's eighteenth birthday. The drink list was different without being weird. Food was expectedly southern comfort. Atmosphere was fun, interesting and well-decorated. Will definitely go back. Would recommend for couples, groups and families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.