The Porch Restaurant & Bar - Sacramento
1815 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95811Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
The Porch Restaurant & Bar - Sacramento
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theporchsacramento.com/
- Phone: 9164442423
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jonathon Clemmons
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Porch Restaurant & Bar - Sacramento
The Porch offers Sacramento a delicious down-home low country dining experience located right in the heart of Midtown!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Porch Restaurant & Bar - Sacramento - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
The Porch Restaurant & Bar - Sacramento reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (95)neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (67)great for brunch (59)great for outdoor dining (54)good for groups (45)great for lunch (38)kid-friendly (27)romantic (16)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)notable wine list (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- Noteable Southern FareOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014A relaxed atmosphere on a Sunday evening Very nice selection of Southern dishes and appetizers More noise than expected Will try the outdoor dining when weather appropriate Will return with more friendsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be in a hurry!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food was fantastic. Our server was great. The rest of the service was terrible. Our toddler got pancakes raw in the middle. The drinks took forever because the bar had to pour them and we didn't have alcohol. Management needs to rethink how they do businessSpecial Features:
- very noisy and weird priced menuMarilynVIPDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed The Porch experience overall. The food tasty and service great. Food was well timed and nice prssentation. Noise level terrible and we were seated next to a loud group in spite of empty tables. biggest problem is that the menu appeared to be priced to the most advantage to the restaurant portions for big that you couldn't get an entree send $20 and decides for each. Orders 6 or 8 dollars and the salad were also large part portion inexpensive you could not get a small dinner salad soup and an entree for example that would come with exercise pricing that was difficultto to figure out with the menu offered if we ever came again we would do what other tables seem to be doing get one salad or one entree and split itI would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014We had a reservation for two on a Friday evening which did not seem necessary as it wasn't very busy. The waiter didn't notice us for what seemed like an ususally long time.We had to flag him down. Food was not as wonderful as I remember. The boneless ribs were served like a big chunk of meat. The fried chicken my boyfriend had seemed to lack the flavor I remembered. The drinks were great! All in all I was a little disappointed for the pricetag.Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This was our second trip to The Porch and I selected it as my Birthday Brunch destination. The service was EXCELLENT - Laura thank you. They had menus printed with Happy Birthday on them - a nice additive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.ReallyDined on 8/28/2014Great place, easy access, no waiting. Service was great and the food was great tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placePB19Dined on 8/28/2014a wonderful place just outside of the downtown traffic. great food, great atmosphere and great serviceSpecial Features:
- I would go againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The food and the service were very satisfactory, and the ambiance was quite nice, clean and comfortable. Fried green tomatoes and mac and cheese were very good, tasted authentic southern style. I had fried chicken for entree, which was sok but not great. My companion had the trout and said it was very good. The menu says diners may request Green Tabasco Honey. Do it! It is fantastic, and the biscuits are good too!
- Amazing Southern Cooking!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We LOVED The Porch! We tried as many things as we could handle and shared around the table. The mac and cheese, cornbread, spinach salad, grilled brie...everything was really amazing and we can't wait to go back since the menu changes daily. The punch bowl cocktail was amazing and a must-try. I'm from the south, so really want to try the fried okra, biscuits, grits and fried chicken. The service was great and we really enjoyed our meal. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite BrunchHighfiveMyDined on 8/24/2014I know that it is bad when the waiter knows my menu choices. I really enjoy this place for brunch and will eat here anytime I can. The Po'Boy Sandwich is my favorite dish along with the fried okra and beignets.Special Features:
- Ahhh Southern ComfortPaulaDined on 8/24/2014This was our second time at the Porch, bringing my nephew and his wife, both chefs...The Porch again put out a great brunch starting with the beneits and homemade jam with cloves, and could not change to another entreebecause the chicken and waffles were so good the first time, had to have it again...husband got the chorizo benedict , great hollindaise sauce, but the sausage was too small and not enough. will keep coming back, (even though we live in Santa Cruz) ....great place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014seemed a bit slow but as always food was deliciousSpecial Features:
- go lighter on the spicesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014mac and cheese too spicy...offer unsweetened black tea
- Great Place to Eatlike2trynewDined on 8/23/2014I saw this place on Good Day channel 31 on Sundays and the fried chicken looked so good. My business associate and I like to try new places to eat and since we had a later engagement downtown we decided to try it out. I was not disappointed. The portions are huge so be sure to let your waiter know that you want a half size. I would definitely recommend to all of my family and friends. We will be back to try out the brunch. Chicken and waffles, here I come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceShawnwayneDined on 8/20/2014Great food, great people. They went the extra step. When making reservation, I noted that we were there for a birthday. I recieved a call from the mngr the day of, and he asked for the name of the birthday person and had a customized menu made up for us when we got there. Additionally, they offered an extra discount because we were headed to Music Circus. The fried chicken was excellent, I recommend getting the gravy as one of your sides for a real southern dish. Only go out to dinner in Sac 8-10 times a year as I live up in the foothills, but this place will def. be added to the rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Five people from our office went to The Porch for lunch on 8/20/14, around 12:30pm. The food was flavorful. The time it took to receive our food, however, was quite long, especially considering there were only approximately 8 other people in the entire restaurant.
- Great food, will come again!yumtumDined on 8/19/2014I had the fried green tomatoes and the shrimp po boy. Both were delicious. I'll definitely be back to try more from the menu. We got a 10% discount since we were on our way to Music Circus, definite plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not returnwantagooddiningexperienceDined on 8/19/2014Very poor service, very poor representation of low country cooking, very noisy. Only good part of experience was the wine and it was from Germany. Without question we will NOT return!!
- Got it togetherjwm1952VIPDined on 8/19/2014When the Porch opened we were not impressed. We finally returned to give it a second try. We should have done that sooner. Excellent. Spicing, presentation all excellent. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Southern-style foodChefDooneVIPDined on 8/18/2014I would recommend The Porch to anyone looking for a great meal with Southern Flair! Delicious Low-Country style food, the fried chicken is out of this world delightful! Lots of good bourbon, excellent desserts, the chocolate cream pie is fantastic!Special Features:
- Fun birthday dinnerjeatsDined on 8/17/2014We had excellent service, excellent food and delicious drinks at our fun family dinner celebrating our daughter's eighteenth birthday. The drink list was different without being weird. Food was expectedly southern comfort. Atmosphere was fun, interesting and well-decorated. Will definitely go back. Would recommend for couples, groups and families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise!ShastaDined on 8/16/2014Love this restaurant but the noise level is atrocious. Desperately in need of some sound baffles. Shouting at the wait people shouldn't have to be necessary, but it is. Please find a way to tone down the noise a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern HomestyleLookingForLutefiskDined on 8/16/2014Our party of four had a great time. We were seated promptly, our server was knowledgeable about the menu, and the food was great. All four of us enjoyed our meals very much. Even the simple items, such as a biscuit were very well done. We're more of a hard liquor group, so we cannot speak to the wine list, but they had a well stocked bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The food came out cold and NO flavor at all it was s waste of $80 for us. We had a party of 6 and all of our food was cold No flavor at all..The best thing was the popcorn.
- Great food but the noise!!!GretchoDined on 8/15/2014Horribly noisy..almost made me ill. Wish we had been outside but was too hotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- in and out with a bangmamtuDined on 8/14/2014Great food, quiet could use a little soft tone music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The porch is delicious!SomethingsweetDined on 8/13/2014The food is always delicious! You cannot go wrong! We have been there numerous times for brunch and dinner and are always impressed. The porch goes above and beyond for birthdays. They printed special menus that wished my husband a happy birthday and brought out delicious home made ice cream with a candle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Great po boy and delicious chicken/biscuits. Not so great ribs (I stlll prefer a rub on my ribs). Fried green tomatoes and gouda grits went over well with us. Loved the atmosphere. A bit slow on the service. Overall, we'll come back.Special Features:
- Great PlaceLuvfoodDined on 8/9/2014Great food, great drinks, excellent service, and quaint setting. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Consistently delicious at The PorchjujutravelerDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is consistently good with its unique cocktail menu and southern yumminess! There is something for everyone on the menu - fresh salads, shrimp and grits, burgers, fried green tomatoes, etc. Their menu changes regularly with a few favorites that always appear. We have almost always found some sort of delicious pork item on the menu also. Portions are generous and flavors are outstanding. Don't miss the Grilled Brie appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic - as usualRuthieDined on 8/9/2014My family from the Bay Area were up an this a great location for us to meet - and we all love the food usually splitting meals so we can try new things! The food - for being Southern always has a healthy twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyeatingDined on 8/8/2014Good drinks, large food portions, bacon wrapped scallops were tasty, the brisket was great and the BBQ pork sandwich, not that great, wet and lacking flavorI would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food!Foodie208Dined on 8/7/2014The food at The Porch was wonderful but the service agin was lacking. It took a long time to even get a drink order and many times the waiter could have been more attentive. Many times we had to ask for something twice, including something as easy as a straw. This was our third attempt, so probably will not return to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried green tomatoesPeechezDined on 8/7/2014Having never experienced fried green tomatoes, our party ordered them out of curiosity, but once we began to eat them, declared them delicious! The adult grilled cheese sandwich my friend had was astounding in size & taste w/apples, the shrimp & grits I enjoyed & the salad were all prepared with fresh ingrdients & complete care. Each of us had a peach mint julep that begged us to have another! The only negative was the slowness in service, particularly since it wasn't a very busy week day, but perhaps the creativity of the chef precluded that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Good menu choices and portion options. Casual atmosphere with excellent service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch 8/3/2013SirLegitDined on 8/3/2014Good place for special occasion, or romantic setting, , has very good unique drinks, excellent starter, and good entree , little costly , but worth it, that food was so excellent , Will go again, going to check out , what its like for lunch, then dinner Stay tunedSpecial Features:
- I'll be backFoodisloveDined on 8/2/2014A group of 7 friends went to celebrate my husbands birthday. I was just so impressed with everything. It was the little things. The menu was dated and was titled happy birthday derek. Our server was friendly and split the bill with no problem. The food was delicious and drinks were great. Cant wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014The place was so loud that it was nearly impossible to hear anyone at our table talking.
- Hearty FindPatriciaVIPDined on 7/30/2014We found your restaurant through the brochure printed by ? The portions are very large so we split a salad and main course and it was plenty! We would return when next in Sacramento.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous find!lisafs0902Dined on 7/27/2014Food was out of this world! Chicken & waffles...to die for! Loved our waiter! The kitschy low-country atmosphere was very cute!Special Features: