The Porch Restaurant & Bar - Sacramento
1815 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95811Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
The Porch Restaurant & Bar - Sacramento
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theporchsacramento.com/
- Phone: (916) 444-2423
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jonathon Clemmons
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Porch Restaurant & Bar - Sacramento
The Porch offers Sacramento a delicious down-home low country dining experience located right in the heart of Midtown!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Porch Restaurant & Bar - Sacramento - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
The Porch Restaurant & Bar - Sacramento reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (92)special occasion (60)neighborhood gem (59)great for brunch (49)good for groups (42)great for outdoor dining (41)great for lunch (39)kid-friendly (20)hot spot (20)romantic (14)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- FabulousDebbieDined on 11/16/2014Food was fabulous. This was the third time I have been here for brunch and each time the food was fabulous. All three times the service was great. It seemed like all the employees shared in making sure our table was attended too. It is a bit pricy, but I don't mind spending a bit more when I can walk away having had an incredible meal. The Porch is becoming one of my favorite Sacramento restaurants for brunch. I would like to try it for lunch and for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, mediocre servicemsuwelovethyshadowsDined on 11/15/2014We found this place on Open Table and decided to try based on reviews and on the menu. We were running late and the restaurant kindly pushed back our reservation after I called. Even when we were a little late for the new time, they held our table. We sat immediately and ordered drinks and an appetizer (fried green tomatoes). The drinks took quite awhile to arrive. The tomatoes were amazing, but we did have to wait at least 10 minutes to eat them after they arrived, since we had no forks. The drinks were excellent; if you like bourbon and whiskey, you will love their extensive and exhaustive drink menu. We were at the restaurant for 75, minutes before our food arrived. When it did arrive, it was awesome. I'd highly recommend the BBQ shrimp and grits or the pork belly. We passed on dessert since we were running late for our show. Overall, I'd recommend based on the food and atmosphere alone, but I hope they start equipping themselves better for busy nights. No forks, slow service, and severs who don't check on patrons made it a sub first time experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Porch delights with solid food and ambianceKuldeepTDined on 11/15/2014Just thought we would try something different and have been hearing about this place called the porch - so of course I had to try it. I was impressed with the quality and quantity of food. There is no way to leave hungry. The food is actually quite good if you are looking for comfort food and the waistline is not an issue. I was really impressed by the specialty cocktails and they have a Szerac that compares with any I have ever had. Wish I had the time (and room in my belly) for dessert but that's why we will be going back there for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carolina Low Country CuisineBlkSwrdDined on 11/14/2014The Porch is the only example of true Low Country cooking from the Carolinas that Sacramento has. My girlfriend is from South Carolina and for her this is comfort food. It is specially important in that this was the food and place that helped cement our relationship. The staff is very friendly and do their best to take care of their clientele. The menu is diverse from seafood specialties to the Meatloaf with biscuits that pass the true southerner test. The bar staff make outstanding drinks such as the Charleston my girlfriend had to a great set of soft drinks like my Bundergen's Lemon-Lime and Bitters drink (since I was driving). Come with a good appetite since some of the dishes can have a large portion size. This is a unique place that anyone who wants to experience the food scene in Sacramento needs to put on their must see list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grits are AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014This was my second time eating here. I ordered the Catfish and wasn't impressed but the sweet potato fries that came with it were very good. I also got a side of the Creamy Gouda Grits. They were delicious! So good! I highly recommend them. The corn bread is delicious too. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Staff did a great job accommodating my girlfriends birthday and making it special with a custom menu and dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grits!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014The food was delicious especially the grits. Recommend getting the corn bread too. We had the pepper jack mac & cheese, cornbread, fried chicken, chicken fried pork and bbq grits. It was all delicious and can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like visiting a friend2downtownguysDined on 11/1/2014The service and staff attitude is always excellent. Really enjoy the delicious offerings. Fried green tomatoes a MUST. Celebrated a Birthday and the really took extra care of the Birthday boy. If you have not yet, please give them a try. Southern comfort with california flair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Large portions and excellent food. The baked brie and fried green tomatoes are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceFlechiaDined on 11/1/2014I met a friend for brunch on a Sat. morn. We had a great time. We were early so the place was not very busy, but before we left the place was packed and there was a waiting line. We both enjoyed our food. I would have loved to sit on the porch, but it was a bit to chilly. Maybe next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodLennyDined on 10/31/2014Food is routine, while good. Menu doesn't change much, which would be a good idea every once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan Chef ChallengesacshrinkVIPDined on 10/25/2014As food was very good it's ashame they normally have extremely limited options for someone with a vegan diet.
- Better Than ExpectedEdmondDined on 10/25/20149 of us went to the Porch for a great dinner. We sat at the chef's table and had great food and service. The food was better than I had anticipated. Portions are huge, so may want to split. Everyone in my party was very pleased with their meal. We will be going back, but splitting something for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Upscale Mid-town LocationLoveEatingOutDined on 10/25/2014If you love down home southern cooking, this may or may not be the place for you. The optional personalized menu was wonderful! The wine and liquor list is impressive. The fried brie cheese is really good, the fried green tomatoes are a little too mushy in the middle, otherwise, good. The shrimp and grits are delicious, although we did not expect the red sauce. If you order the greens, it's only served with a biscuit; you must order the pricey corn bread from the appetizer menu. If you don't like your fried catfish with a crunchy and very thick coating, don't order that dish...the fried chicken comes this way, too. Great lunch atmosphere. If you're looking for a quiet or romantic ambiance for dinner, this is not the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- S'more SkilletOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were looking at the desert menu online and decided to go to The Porch because of this menu item. IT was delicious and the piggy graham crackers were super cute and made out night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodtastebuddyDined on 10/18/2014Great service, great atmosphere, a little pricey but definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern ComfortKatMacDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated my mom's 75th birthday at The Porch on the porch. As transplanted Southerners, we enjoyed the southern comfort food - from fried green tomatoes to chicken fried steak. They have a great bourbon selection, too. We will definitely be back - for me, I will make a special trip when the fried okra is in season!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High expectations-avg experienceRoadqueenhdDined on 10/5/2014Southern food, large portions, average quality, pricey. Chicken and Waffles - The cornmeal fried chicken strips cooked to perfection. The waffles hard dense, not much flavor. Beignets not the NOLA style, but fried donuts, in piggy shapes. Still pretty yummy. NOLA beignets are light fluffy pillows these are not. The fresh fruit with the Beignets was surpisingly wonderful - blueberries, figs, kiwi, strawberry, pineapple. Lovely. Service was excellent - friendly, professional, efficient. Food was average. Been once, don't need to go again.Special Features:
- What a find!NBWhitDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I were looking for a fun spot for a Sunday brunch and thought we'd give The Porch a try... best decision ever! We ordered the grilled brie to start. It was creamy, delicious, and perfectly paired with garlic toast and a fig jam. The whole dish was bursting with flavor. I moved on to the BBQ pork benedict and my husband ordered the chicken and waffles. Both were so delicious... perfectly cooked, bursting with flavor... I don't think it's possible to go wrong with the place! Our server was very nice and attentive and anticipated our every need. The atmosphere is elegant, but personable. We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationTajmahalDined on 10/5/2014I had reserved the table online and noted that it was a birthday celebration, in addition to our first time there, and that we would like to sit on the porch. Being that we were a party of 8, I was not sure that would be accommodated, but we were pleasantly surprised not only did we get to sit on the "Porch" the menu was personalized to wish her a Happy Birthday. A small but impressive touch. The food was amazing and we can't wait to go back and try other items on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/1/2014We absolutely love The Porch. It is our favorite in town. Love the great menu, comfort food that is served classy. The wait staff has always been super friendly. Whenever we have company in town we take them to The Porch.Special Features:
- Group brunchJLJanson22Dined on 9/27/2014Did a great job answering all of my questions and confirming my reservations. Printing happy birthday with the names on the menu was a nice touch. Everyone enjoyed the food and we were served pretty quickly. Our waiter Jason was professional and friendly, he definitely helped make our experience greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good and satisfying!LoloDined on 9/21/2014Excellent fried chicken, fried green tomato appetizers, bourbon bar! If you mention whatever special occasion when you make your reservation with Open Table, they actually print a special menu for your party acknowledging the event! Couldn't be nicer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare Southern Brunch in Sac!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014Came here in a group of 4, had a reservation and were seated promptly. Great atmosphere and decor. The service was very friendly as well! Food was very good and unique with a southern twist!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not disappointed yetfood4lifeDined on 9/21/2014I've been here at least 5 or 6 times for brunch and have never been disappointed. The service is always good and food is wonderful. For a first timer, I'd recommend the Chicken & Waffle. The noise level can get a bit loud, but it won't keep me from returning.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Will definitely return, everything was exactly as it should be.Special Features:
- A marvelous evening!LorrieDined on 9/20/2014Celebrating the end of cancer treatment and recovery is so important! To do the celebrating at The Porch was so important to me! The ambiance, wonderful service, and total comfort was well appreciated! The food was mouth-watering, the comfort I needed! It's a Sacramento treasure that is like home-coming each time I return.Special Features:
- bridal showerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Your staff was FABULOUS!!!! Everyone loved the Mac n cheese. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Tired of California Cuisine!!! Go South!! Excellent food and drinks! Loved the Fried Green Tomatoes!Special Features:
- Perfect Friday date nightluvsTessDined on 9/19/2014Food was incredible, service was impeccable, ambiance was just lovely. We had fried green tomatoes appetizer-very flavorful, delicious combo of flavors, pretty presentation. We also tried the grief chicken and the grilled meat loaf. Both were LARGE portions, tasted home made and fresh from the farm. Dessert was banana pudding, which also do not disappoint. We had enough left overs for a whole second meal, which was equally delicious. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but pricey.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Seriously?? $18 for a Wedge Salad?? It's Ice Berg lettuce for goodness sake. The salad was more expensive than my entree. On the flip side, the Mac & Cheese appetizer was FABULOUS as was the biscuit and gravy side order. I may return again someday but i would surely be more selective on what I ordered.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Service was awesome. Never had to ask for anything. Our waitress was friendly and gave great suggestions on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was pretty well presented and very tasty, however the server was extrimily busy, which affected our dinnjng experience, it took a long time to get our drinks and food. The server howeve always had a wonderful smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavy foodCowgirl12Dined on 9/13/2014The best part was the waiter-I think his name was Jeremy. He was excellent. I think my mistake was choosing this restaurant when I knew the type of food which was heavy and too much. I thought I'd enjoy southern food but I'm too used to lighter California cuisine. A suggestion would be to try Southern food with a lighter hand. The place is extremely noisy. I had a mint julep I didn't like - I've had them before and this wasn't it. Too heavy on the alcohol. The waiter noticed and attempted a fix so 5 stars again to Jeremy.Special Features:
- Yummy Funhappy2goDined on 9/13/2014Food was fun and yummy. Southern with a flair. Nice decor, but be prepared for lively sound inside. Service was good. We had 3 different entrees at the table and shared / taste tested all, everyone agreed wonderful flavors. Really nice that they offer some small plate servings. Definitely will return. Homemade ice cream a plus for our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impress Mother in Law enough said!KaidensmomDined on 9/13/2014Great apps with pickled veggies and cornbread. Main course we all had chicken with amazing sides! VegetAble suquotash was legendary. Dessert tasted old and freezer burned. :( ice cream cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gemJuJuDined on 9/12/2014Loved the atmosphere, menu and bar! Our table shared fried green tomatoes and cornbread to start, both yummy! Entrees of shrimp and grits (very good!), pork chop (huge and very tender) and two orders of flank steak...that came with an incredible green chili Mac and cheese. We were stuffed but tried the to die for s'more dessert! Can't wait to go back and try the fried chicken next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!foodmoney88Dined on 9/12/2014This was a very pleasant fresh twist on New Orleans style food. Try the Fried Oysters and Po'Boy Shrimp sandwich! To die for! Clean, fresh, upbeat and friendly.Special Features:
- Nice Place Overallluv2travelDined on 9/8/2014Overall the food was good. My husband really enjoyed the burger and fries. He said it was the best burger he has had. I had the shrimp and grits. The grits were great. However, I did really care for the sauce over the shrimp. The banana pudding was good (got it to go), but they forgot to include the nilla wafers. The nilla wafers are what makes the banana pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noteable Southern Farebobby44Dined on 8/31/2014A relaxed atmosphere on a Sunday evening Very nice selection of Southern dishes and appetizers More noise than expected Will try the outdoor dining when weather appropriate Will return with more friendsI would recommend this to a friend.