The Polo Grille
5035 Deerfield Boulevard
Mason, OH 45040Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Polo Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepologrille.com/
- Phone: 5137017656
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 11am - 11pm
Friday: 11am - 12am
Saturday: 12pm - 12am
Sunday: 11am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining, wine tasting, and cocktail parties available. See banquet description for details.
- Private Party Contact: Eileen Spang 5137017656
- Special Events: Happy Hour M-F: 3-7pm, drink specials and $3.95 appetizers
Thurs: 1/2 Price bottles of wine.
Tues: all day $5 wine flights
Wed: all day, $5 martinis
Thurs: all day 1/2 price bottles
Sun: Kids eat free
A word from The Polo Grille
The Polo Grille is the place in Mason for a great casual dining experience. We are located just North of 275 in the Deerfield Towne Center. Our menu features a variety of fun & familiar dishes to suit every palate for any occasion. Enjoy offerings from our award-winning wine list, craft beers, specialty cocktails or one of our signature "Polotinis". Large groups can enjoy our semi-private dining room or casual after work get-togethers in our beautiful bar. Join us in the bar for "Play Hard Happy Hour" M-F, 3-7. $3 drafts, $4 "You Call It" Premium Well, $5 select glasses of wine, $6 Polotinis and Specialty Cocktails & $3.95 appetizers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Polo Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
- Going to be sad to see PoloOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/23/2013Going to be sad to see Polo close. In a sea of chain eating spots Polo offered a different experience. They had a menu that would change from time to time and a fairly priced wine list. Hopefully DeSha's will remodel and expand their menu to include the same touches as Polo.Special Features:
- A bittersweet evening. ThisJulesgirlVIPDined on 3/23/2013A bittersweet evening. This was our last visit to Polo Grill. We are really going to miss this place. Food seemed secondary to saying goodbye to the people who have become friends over the years. But our dinners were terrific. Hope to be able to get the jambalaya somewhere else in the future. Matt was wonderful as always.Special Features:
- The restaurant closes in aKarenCVIPDined on 3/23/2013The restaurant closes in a few days and I felt that reflected in the food - not as good as I've had in the past. The waitress told us the chef moved to de'Shas. Wish them all well
- Only decent place to eat inChadVIPDined on 3/21/2013Only decent place to eat in the Mason/Deerfield Township area - which is mostly mediocre chains.Special Features:
- it is our family's favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013it is our family's favorite restaurant and we feel sad it to the fact it will be closing soon. Thurseday, the half price wine night, was an ausome deal. We live near by and dine there frequently, at least twice a week, we are going to miss the good food, the friendly environment, the nice staff, and the reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Unfortunately they are closingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/20/2013Unfortunately they are closing the end of this month
- this will be a big loss toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2013this will be a big loss to Deerfield when it closes at the end of march!Special Features:
- Enjoyed one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2013Enjoyed one of my favorite lunch menu items the HamburguesaSpecial Features:
- We have loved Polo GrillelynnieDined on 3/16/2013We have loved Polo Grille since it opened and are really sad to hear it is closing. Just do not like DeSha's or Pub as much as Polo Grille.
- Great restaurant for quietOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2013Great restaurant for quiet meal. Too band that its closing.Special Features:
- We have always enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013We have always enjoyed the Polo Grill. Great lunch entre's and nice setting.Special Features:
- Our waiter was superb. MadeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2013Our waiter was superb. Made good reccomendations and knew the menu.Special Features:
- Adequate. Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Food was good, I went for lunch @2:00. It wasn't busy, however there was no one at the front to seat. We were greeted with a "how many".... Not a "Welcome To Polo Grill" or "Good Afternoon", which I thought was unfortunate. I had jambalaya, which was adequate, and my friend had tomato bisque soup (which he said was great), and a wedge salad. The place was comparable to a chillis or Applebee's. not extremely impressed, but not upset at the place either. Probably will not return.Special Features:
- Polo has a distinct character.DiamondjbhVIPDined on 2/28/2013Polo has a distinct character. With a great collection of scotch and very nice wine list, you can complement the fine food to suit your tastes. Service is always excellent for me and my groups and there is a wide variety of seating choices including booths.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding....ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Food was outstanding....Service was even better. We all walked out the door saying "that was wonderful" and we'll certainly be back again soon.Special Features:
- Great dinner on Valentine'sNanekiDined on 2/14/2013Great dinner on Valentine's Evening ... Terrific service too!Special Features:
- Pretty MehOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The Polo Grille wasn't up to the standards I held it at going in to it. For a more expensive menu I was hoping for better tasting food. The bread and spinach artichoke dip was very tasty, however the main course was a let down. The pasta my date ordered was not very flavorful; It had to much pesto in it that drowned out the rest of the dish. the mushroom pizza I ordered wasn't bad, but again to many spices and not enough flavor of the actual food I should have been tasting. The service and atmosphere of the restaurant was very good. The food should always be the best part of this mix though because that's what I;m paying for.Special Features:
- Made reservation for 4 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013Made reservation for 4 people at 6:30. Had us down for 4 people at 7:30. Was not a problem being seated quickly though.Special Features:
- Oh my dear Polo Grille...theJulesgirlVIPDined on 2/2/2013Oh my dear Polo Grille...the past year has been bumpy. Lots of changes, some good some bad. We never know what is going to greet us but we keep on going. So much potential. Hopefully this round of change will stick and they can get back to great wine, good food and friendly service.
- Half price wine bottle nightCincykidDined on 1/31/2013Half price wine bottle night was good. We could even take home what we didn't drink. They bagged it for us.Special Features:
- A past favorite is reallyVinSavantVIPDined on 1/30/2013A past favorite is really slipping. Downgraded menu and wine list from what was once a stellar selection. Service was slow and non-existant at times...
- Inconsistent Food QualityEatwellDined on 1/12/2013The BBQ Chicken pizza was drenched in BBQ sauce - almost soupy in texture The spinach served with the chicken breasts was extremely salty, and the chicken was dry. The salmon was very good as was the spinach and artichoke dip and fresh bread. The salads and tomatoe bisque were good. The atmosphere is very nice, and the menu is fairly priced. I would be afraid to recommend it though due to the inconsistency in the food quality.Special Features:
- Frequent Lunch Diner. ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/5/2013Frequent Lunch Diner. This was my first Dinner experience at the Polo Grille. It far exceeded my expectations! The food was superior and the service just the rigth level of attention.
- New Year's Eve Delightgood2goDined on 12/31/2012The food was very good and service was great. One of the best dining experiences I have had on New Year's Eve.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the special New YearsbdaygirlVIPDined on 12/31/2012Enjoyed the special New Years Eve menu! Our friends ordered off the regular menu & were very happy with their selections as well.Special Features:
- I love the relaxed feel ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2012I love the relaxed feel of this place. It's quiet and the staff are friendly and attentive. The menu doesn't really fit my likes so I always order the ceaser salad with salmon. It was perfect. The salmon had a great taste.Special Features:
- Another fun time at Polo Grille.JulesgirlVIPDined on 12/27/2012Another fun time at Polo Grille. Brought friends who had never been before but they will be back again and again---just like us!Special Features:
- The food is fresh, and excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/22/2012The food is fresh, and excellent. Nice variety menu. The staff are courteous and attentive. We really enjoyed the visit, and will definately return.Special Features:
- Great service and fun atmosphere.JohnDined on 12/12/2012Great service and fun atmosphere. Polo with its new management, Frankie, is back to being a great place for a nice evening out.Special Features:
- Service is always outstanding.JohnDined on 12/6/2012Service is always outstanding. Frankie is doing a great job of managing Polo.Special Features:
- First time here for lunch-alwaysJulesgirlVIPDined on 12/6/2012First time here for lunch-always dinner for us. Timing was good. They understood it was a working lunch.Special Features:
- We always enjoy Polo. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/1/2012We always enjoy Polo. We were seated promptly but had to wait for table service. Once that was realized, we had great service and Frankie, the new general manager, made sure that we were taken care of and also bought us an appetizer. Even if something doesn't go according to plan, they do take an interest in making it right. That's why we end up going there. The new wine list is shorter, but more focused. I like it almost as well as the previous version. The food is always good and quantities enough for leftovers the next day.
- Only problem was we orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2012Only problem was we ordered pizza's and they ran out of dough. So our dinner took longer to be brought to us. They did comp the salads. Would definitely go back as the food is worth the wait.Special Features:
- Appears that they have a newMrsPVIPDined on 11/21/2012Appears that they have a new chief and management team. The menu had completely changed. The service is still top notch I would even say better then before. Jury is still out on the new menu... I miss my crab cakes.Special Features:
- Need Waiters that like the food!NeetDined on 11/2/2012A friend & I wanted to try PG for dinner as neither of us had been before. The reviews were mixed so we didnt know what to expect. Late reservation (845pm). Our waiter came & it was downhill from there. The 1st thing he said was about how "interesting" his night had been as he'd just waited on a table of 15 yr olds in "poor fitting suits.' Inappropriate start. When asked about the food, he said it was 'reasonable.' Saying most of the food combinations were weird & out of sync. He said they were good with pizza and burgers because "who can mess up a pizza". We had the calamari and tomato bisque. Both were great. We ordered burgers but they took so long that we had to cancel the order to make our movie. Service was slow & a let downSpecial Features:
- Servers forgot one item andshortyDined on 10/27/2012Servers forgot one item and we had to ask for rolls. We ordered The wine flight and the wine was not very good. I think these bottles were opened for awhile.
- The food was not like it usedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/27/2012The food was not like it used to be a couple of years ago.
- Where you been hiding?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012We were Regs Stopped a year ago when they changed. Fri. late 11:30 approx 20 attractive woman 30's! Where you been hiding? The Polo Grill? Tested theory again last night! Yes! We thought 1/2 price wine night nope its Thur. ShortRibSliders-good but bring back steak sliders! House salad dressing must be homemade more bacon please! We Never eat Calamari-Manager Freddy convinced us 2 try calamari, best we ever had! He seemed 2 talk 2 every table actually wanted 2 know what we thought even taking notes.Never seen this before, it speaks volumes. Pork-grilled-bone-in = Awesome! Nothings perfect Dry Mashed! Menu needs a NY or PH. Greeted @ door by pleasant smiles when we left the same from start to finish energetic! Katelyn was great! Polo is Back!Special Features:
- I have been to the Polo GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/17/2012I have been to the Polo Grille two other times. I have never sat in the bar. On this trip I was seated in the bar area. Our waitress was inattenative and acted as if we were a burden. She would disappear and rarely checked on our table. I wasn't impressed with the bar menu either. It would be nice to have the option of dinner in the bar. (I was told after the fact that dinner in the bar was possible. Our waitress said that it was not.) It is up in the air if I will be returning.
- Food & service were great.kloslawDined on 10/6/2012Food & service were great. Unfortunately, we happened to be there during Homecoming Weekend...