The Pointe Restaurant
82 Bradford Street
Provincetown, MA 02657Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Pointe Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.provincetown-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 5084872365
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robbin Haas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With its one-of-a-kind Provincetown setting, culinary excellence and intimate dining, The Pointe Restaurant offers the perfect setting for a private party, rehearsal dinner, wedding, commitment ceremony or private engagement party. We've hosted many events, but never one quite like yours. However you envision your special day to be, we are deeply committed to ensuring that your event is executed with the optimum in presentation, quality and service.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle 5084872365
- Special Events: Our Club Room is the perfect venue for your special event. Private parties and private dinners up to 30 can be accommodated.
A word from The Pointe Restaurant
Located at The Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, The Pointe Restaurant serves modern American cuisine. Located in the Inn’s famous sea captain’s mansion, diners enjoy the sophisticated, yet relaxed atmosphere. With just 50 seats, the Bistro offers an intimate dining experience with first-class service that matches its premier dishes and award-winning wine list. The Bistro works with a vast network of local purveyors to provide fresh ingredients that inspire our executive chef to create alluring dishes that change daily. From line-caught seafood and naturally raised meat to the organic produce. Enjoy Provincetown lobster fresh from our tank or choose from the many items on our more casual dining selections great for sharing. The Pointe's menu has something for everyone including various seafood selections, several beef and pork items, as well as vegetairan options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Pointe Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Provincetown ›
The Pointe Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (50)special occasion (39)scenic view (38)fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (18)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- comfortably upscaleCTtravelerDined on 10/17/2014Warm and inviting atmosphere with a nice view of the Pilgrim Monument. Wait staff were prompt and attentive without being overbearing. I had the pork tenderloin and butternut ravioli-a great fall dish- pork a bit bland but the ravioli was terrific. Only 1 vegetarian (tofu) dish on the menu, would be nice to have had more choices. Nice wine list.Special Features:
- dinner was awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014We wanted to try someplace different and decided to give The Pointe a try. We were not disappointed. Food and service was excellent. We were able to enjoy dinner on the porch with a nice breeze and a view of Pilgrims Monument. I will definitely be back for dinner on my next visit to town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffDined on 10/12/2014With a perfect view of the flag flying at the base of the nite lit Pilgrim monument the Pointe restaurant certainly scored with the view. Who wants to look at water in the dark? The friendly staff and management offered great tips on their wine and dinner options, some of which we had never heard of before. No rush but hard not to consume the tasty fare at a fast rate! Certainly look to return in the future. Do use Open Table or you might not get a spot at this popular venue.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!TandTDined on 10/12/2014After having spent my first full summer in Ptown running a new business, my husband and I celebrated here. Neither of us had been before or really knew much about it. What a delightful surprise when it turned out to be the best dining experience we've ever had in Ptown! The ambiance is lovely, with glorious views of the Monument. The staff could not have been any nicer or more professional. And for the first time all summer, the quality of the food actually matched the prices being charged. The choices were varied and interesting. Dishes actually felt special and made by a real chef, rather than the same old same old you get overcharged for almost everywhere else in town. Obviously we highly recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freshest seafood!LuvdemlobstersDined on 10/3/2014I used to live on Cape Cod 20 years ago. I missed the fresh seafood from cold waters! I had the mussels and a 2 pound lobster! Fabulous and sweet! Florida lobsters can't compare! We also stated at Crowne Pointe. Everyone on staff was attentive and charming!Special Features:
- Date NightResvplsDined on 10/3/2014Chose to go here for a romantic evening during our Cape visit. Restaurant is small, but cozy feeling. Sat out on the closed in patio with a view of the Pilgram monument and the garden. Little toasty temperature wise, but it had been a chilly day. Boyfriend had the rib special which was amazing! I had the roasted chicken which was also very good.Special Features:
- Just OkayponyDined on 9/27/2014The food was good but not special and the waiters did this weird thing and showed us on an ipad pictures of the specials which was weird and cheesy. Quite loud with very drunk patrons. I won't be back.Special Features:
- Romantic Evening GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014This has been our second consecutive year at The Pointe. It is a romantic, special occasion destination for us and once again did not disappoint. There are subtleties to making it 5 stars - in the service (a training shadow with the waiter and a waiter wearing a Michael nametag asking to be called Dave - frankly, no name tags necessary), the attention to detail (a dirty iPad screen with the specials - we were the first evening customers), and the portion sizing (for the price - the portioning was quite small and therefore an expensive menu selection) that were missing, but it is still better than so many other destinations in PTown. Would return, but would always look for those items to improve.Special Features:
- to the pointe againmikey1946Dined on 9/21/2014We dined last Saturday at the Pointe restaurant on Bradford Street in Provincetown MA and we were rewarded as we were last year when we dined there. September is off season and we were seated with a great view of the Pilgrim Monument. We had wild mushroom ravioli which was excellent and coconut shrimp which was crunchy and perfect.Special Features:
- Food Lovers Welcomechkluvs2eatDined on 9/17/2014I've dined at The Pointe in the past and will dine there again in the future. In all these years not one meal served to me was less then superb. The staff has always been pleasant and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely experience and good foodteresadDined on 9/11/2014Our family (3 adults) had dinner at The Pointe on a weekday night in September. We had a lovely time and we were very happy with the food and the setting. Through large windows it is possible to see the lights and landmarks of the town. The lobster ravioli were tasty and light, and both the chicken and lamb dishes were excellent. The service was top of the line and the atmosphere was jovial and cheerful without being noisy. It was our first time at The Pointe and we would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetoEatLovetoEatDined on 9/7/2014We celebrated our anniversary by dining at The Pointe. Our whole experience was outstanding. The service was friendly, attentive, and well-informed. It was hard to choose from the interesting menu. Our meal was absolutely delicious. The tuna tartare with a smidge of caviar was wonderful. Our fish was perfectly cooked and the sides well chosen. We were also surprised that our check was so reasonable.Special Features:
- BridgetDined on 8/28/2014Pleasant and attentive service. Set in traditional house on hill, charming setting. Mixed outcome on food--some delicious (eg haddock and cod), some ok (gnocchi), some boring despite promising description and presentation (lobster ravioli, mussels).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ptown TreasureTriciaetalDined on 8/28/2014While not on the water, the views are lovely and the food is divine.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinner datefabfoodieinthecityVIPDined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend and I were looking for a delicious and romantic spot to enjoy dinner on our recent vacation and the Pointe was perfect. The view overlooking Provincetown was gorgeous at sunset. We sat out on the porch which I would highly recommend. The appetizers (we shared the special summer salad and the calamari) were very flavorful. The entrees- halibut and lobster gnocchi were presented quite nicely, tasted excellent, and the gnocchi came with big pieces of fresh lobster which was a plus. I also really enjoyed the special white wine blend they had from Napa. We will definitely return to the Pointe on our next vacation, met our requirements of fit for foodies, romantic, great views, and easily accessible without driving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyFoodDined on 8/23/2014The food was so good. I got the tempura tuna and my boyfriend got the special meatloaf. We both loved it. And the table behind me was raving about the pork chop. I guess we just have to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special treatpeterjamesDined on 8/20/2014The view glorious...the service spectacular..the food fabulous...cant wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual in PtownBobLVIPDined on 8/19/2014The food was excellent. The setting was a bit too precious. The service was mediocre and the servers were less than friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Than a Meal...RandRDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful porch location & delicious food, but the companionship among fellow diners is the best!! An annual event we look forward to with friends we haven't met yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Food was really good, service friendly & on point - atmosphere was pleasant. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unicorn320VIPDined on 8/14/2014In incredible evening of fine food and wonderful service. Only wish we had been given the option of sitting on the porch where the noise level would have been less. We had two parties of 8 adjacent to us which put a slight damper on an otherwise wonderful evening.
- First disappointmentFionaVIPDined on 8/14/2014First of all let me say that the food was better than ever. The tuna was to die for and my friends loved their halibut and cod. Our server was also up to your usual standards. However the hostess seemed to want us to move on quickly. Two of the plates were whisked off the table without asking before the third was finished. Then we ordered dessert and coffee and my friend had a coffee drink. She was about 2/3 finished when all of a sudden the hostess also whisked that away. When we mentioned she was not done she gave us a glaring look and brought her back a quarter of a cup of plain coffee. Since I had brought them to you for the first time - I was embarresed. I am sure that was an aberation but just wanted to mention it to youSpecial Features:
- Not so hotDrbillDined on 8/6/2014We went to the Pointe for a late night dinner. The restaurant itself is quaint and well appointed. The food was mediocre, but the service was truly awful. The first thing we ran into was a bartender with attitude. He seemed to think that everyone should know the ingredients to a certain cocktail. Although we were early for our reservation, we were kept waiting beyond the reservation time while other guests were seated. Our waitress ignored us most of the time we were there, and the lamb chops that my wife ordered were not cooked to specifications. I ordered the grass fed hamburger and it was good.
- DisappointingCludmdDined on 8/6/2014We pulled into the advertised private parking lot which was full so we parked at the public lot. We were seated on the patio next to a very loud party. We ordered a specific vintage year and were brought a different one. My partner noticed just as the head waitress was going to open it. She didn't offer an alternative. We then ordered a more expensive bottle. My dish, tempura tuna steak, was very good, but the halibut was just average. When the check arrived it was whisked away because the less expensive wine was still listed. When returned, we noted that we were charged for an additional entree. No compensation was given for the wine nor the parking, although we asked. Very unprofessional service. We won't return.
- Romatic and great foodDebbielooDined on 8/6/2014Excellent food and great service. Nice view of the Pilgrim Monument at night . We had the lobster which was cooked perfectly. Reasonably priced for Cape Cod. Would definitely go back. We ate on the enclosed porch area which is a bit tight for space - not suitable for children.Special Features:
- Surprising QuietMicDenBurVIPDined on 8/1/2014There was nothing, wrong, but the atmosphere out on the porch seemed a little bland.Special Features:
- Outstanding.PointeDined on 7/31/2014Food whether steak or seafood is the best. Sitting on the porch is very romantic and special with a spectacular view of the Pilgrim monument.Special Features:
- So. Much. Lobster.TheBigDivaVIPDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I come here every year when we visit PTown. I always get the lobster because well, you know, lobster. The staff are all very friendly and fantastic and it's great to see them here year after year. Fun cocktail menu and seafood. My 2 lb. market price whole lobster was stemed perfectly and was way too huge to even finish. My husband's lamb could use a little improvement in the quality of cut dept., but it was still quite tasty. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Karen PelhamKarenDined on 7/26/2014The staff were excellent! The food was wonderful and presentation beautiful. We sat out on the porch which was the perfect spot for a dinner out in our favorite little town. A truly special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BostonbredpaletteDined on 7/25/2014Pleasant experience, not fantastic. Using an iPad to show specials seems a bit kitschy. The poached lobster and gnocchi entree was very good, whereas the halibut was over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulFramboisVIPDined on 7/20/2014Best mussels I have ever eaten! Wonderful cocktails, wine, fresh fish, and yummy dessert. Wonderful from start to finish! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrincessCriticDined on 7/20/2014Second time we have dine here and love it . The dirty boy, lobster gnocchi and service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Not a top placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2014Did not find nothing exating.Plus food been not better then road side diner and they try to serve as cheeper prodact as they can. For example we order lamb chops, tey bring 2 small cuts of neck bones. When we ask to take it back ,they not argue. Theyexenge and bring complimentary drincs.Other food been the same, gnochi ovecooked, lobster dry like rubber.
- Always a treatMissy272Dined on 7/19/2014We've eaten here several times and it never dissapoints. The food is creative and always done well. Menu doesn't seem to change much year to year, which is ok if you only go a couple times a summer. The service is always superior - everyone is helping everyone and it runs very smoothly from the diners perspective. The lobster gnocchi is always delicious. Good cocktails too. Make sure you get a table on the porch.Special Features:
- Best meal in ProvincetownAltheusDined on 7/17/2014From start to finish, it was the best meal I ever had in Ptown. The food was amazing and our server was so friendly. The ambience was great too. Our group of 5 could chat easily without shouting. I couldn't fault it at all. I look forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodRayCVIPDined on 7/16/2014Group of 7 for dinner, all were happy with our food and drinks. Great night out.Special Features:
- Great experienceCatherineDined on 7/11/2014The view from the Pointe is the best in Ptown. We had a great table overlooking Bradford st and the pilgrim monument. Menu choices were great and affordable. Specials were so-so (meatloaf). The waiter was a little inattentive. We had to pour our own wine, another waiter was kind enough to clear our table and get our waiter to order desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulDinnerDateDined on 7/5/2014We dined here early one night with our two young kids and while it is definitely an adult restaurant the staff was very polite and easy going and made great recommendations for choices our kids would enjoy. It was a very delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StavieVIPDined on 7/3/2014We dined at the porch with very nice views of the town! The server was friendly and very accomodating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 319 reviews are from the The Pointe Restaurant reviews archive.
- RundmcDined on 6/5/2014Nice neighborhood , excellent clam chowder , halibut was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.