The Pointe Restaurant
82 Bradford Street
Provincetown, MA 02657Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Pointe Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.provincetown-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 5084872365
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robbin Haas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With its one-of-a-kind Provincetown setting, culinary excellence and intimate dining, The Pointe Restaurant offers the perfect setting for a private party, rehearsal dinner, wedding, commitment ceremony or private engagement party. We've hosted many events, but never one quite like yours. However you envision your special day to be, we are deeply committed to ensuring that your event is executed with the optimum in presentation, quality and service.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle 5084872365
- Special Events: Our Club Room is the perfect venue for your special event. Private parties and private dinners up to 30 can be accommodated.
A word from The Pointe Restaurant
Located at The Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, The Pointe Restaurant serves modern American cuisine. Located in the Inn’s famous sea captain’s mansion, diners enjoy the sophisticated, yet relaxed atmosphere. With just 50 seats, the Bistro offers an intimate dining experience with first-class service that matches its premier dishes and award-winning wine list. The Bistro works with a vast network of local purveyors to provide fresh ingredients that inspire our executive chef to create alluring dishes that change daily. From line-caught seafood and naturally raised meat to the organic produce. Enjoy Provincetown lobster fresh from our tank or choose from the many items on our more casual dining selections great for sharing. The Pointe's menu has something for everyone including various seafood selections, several beef and pork items, as well as vegetairan options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
The Pointe Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Provincetown ›
The Pointe Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (43)fit for foodies (28)special occasion (28)scenic view (28)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (13)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Pleasant and attentive service. Set in traditional house on hill, charming setting. Mixed outcome on food--some delicious (eg haddock and cod), some ok (gnocchi), some boring despite promising description and presentation (lobster ravioli, mussels).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinner datefabfoodieinthecityDined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend and I were looking for a delicious and romantic spot to enjoy dinner on our recent vacation and the Pointe was perfect. The view overlooking Provincetown was gorgeous at sunset. We sat out on the porch which I would highly recommend. The appetizers (we shared the special summer salad and the calamari) were very flavorful. The entrees- halibut and lobster gnocchi were presented quite nicely, tasted excellent, and the gnocchi came with big pieces of fresh lobster which was a plus. I also really enjoyed the special white wine blend they had from Napa. We will definitely return to the Pointe on our next vacation, met our requirements of fit for foodies, romantic, great views, and easily accessible without driving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The view glorious...the service spectacular..the food fabulous...cant wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual in PtownBobLVIPDined on 8/19/2014The food was excellent. The setting was a bit too precious. The service was mediocre and the servers were less than friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Than a Meal...RandRDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful porch location & delicious food, but the companionship among fellow diners is the best!! An annual event we look forward to with friends we haven't met yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Food was really good, service friendly & on point - atmosphere was pleasant. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unicorn320VIPDined on 8/14/2014In incredible evening of fine food and wonderful service. Only wish we had been given the option of sitting on the porch where the noise level would have been less. We had two parties of 8 adjacent to us which put a slight damper on an otherwise wonderful evening.
- First disappointmentFionaVIPDined on 8/14/2014First of all let me say that the food was better than ever. The tuna was to die for and my friends loved their halibut and cod. Our server was also up to your usual standards. However the hostess seemed to want us to move on quickly. Two of the plates were whisked off the table without asking before the third was finished. Then we ordered dessert and coffee and my friend had a coffee drink. She was about 2/3 finished when all of a sudden the hostess also whisked that away. When we mentioned she was not done she gave us a glaring look and brought her back a quarter of a cup of plain coffee. Since I had brought them to you for the first time - I was embarresed. I am sure that was an aberation but just wanted to mention it to youSpecial Features:
- Not so hotDrbillDined on 8/6/2014We went to the Pointe for a late night dinner. The restaurant itself is quaint and well appointed. The food was mediocre, but the service was truly awful. The first thing we ran into was a bartender with attitude. He seemed to think that everyone should know the ingredients to a certain cocktail. Although we were early for our reservation, we were kept waiting beyond the reservation time while other guests were seated. Our waitress ignored us most of the time we were there, and the lamb chops that my wife ordered were not cooked to specifications. I ordered the grass fed hamburger and it was good.
- DisappointingCludmdDined on 8/6/2014We pulled into the advertised private parking lot which was full so we parked at the public lot. We were seated on the patio next to a very loud party. We ordered a specific vintage year and were brought a different one. My partner noticed just as the head waitress was going to open it. She didn't offer an alternative. We then ordered a more expensive bottle. My dish, tempura tuna steak, was very good, but the halibut was just average. When the check arrived it was whisked away because the less expensive wine was still listed. When returned, we noted that we were charged for an additional entree. No compensation was given for the wine nor the parking, although we asked. Very unprofessional service. We won't return.
- Romatic and great foodDebbielooDined on 8/6/2014Excellent food and great service. Nice view of the Pilgrim Monument at night . We had the lobster which was cooked perfectly. Reasonably priced for Cape Cod. Would definitely go back. We ate on the enclosed porch area which is a bit tight for space - not suitable for children.Special Features:
- Surprising QuietMicDenBurVIPDined on 8/1/2014There was nothing, wrong, but the atmosphere out on the porch seemed a little bland.Special Features:
- Outstanding.PointeDined on 7/31/2014Food whether steak or seafood is the best. Sitting on the porch is very romantic and special with a spectacular view of the Pilgrim monument.Special Features:
- So. Much. Lobster.TheBigDivaVIPDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I come here every year when we visit PTown. I always get the lobster because well, you know, lobster. The staff are all very friendly and fantastic and it's great to see them here year after year. Fun cocktail menu and seafood. My 2 lb. market price whole lobster was stemed perfectly and was way too huge to even finish. My husband's lamb could use a little improvement in the quality of cut dept., but it was still quite tasty. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Karen PelhamKarenDined on 7/26/2014The staff were excellent! The food was wonderful and presentation beautiful. We sat out on the porch which was the perfect spot for a dinner out in our favorite little town. A truly special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BostonbredpaletteDined on 7/25/2014Pleasant experience, not fantastic. Using an iPad to show specials seems a bit kitschy. The poached lobster and gnocchi entree was very good, whereas the halibut was over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulFramboisVIPDined on 7/20/2014Best mussels I have ever eaten! Wonderful cocktails, wine, fresh fish, and yummy dessert. Wonderful from start to finish! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrincessCriticDined on 7/20/2014Second time we have dine here and love it . The dirty boy, lobster gnocchi and service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Not a top placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2014Did not find nothing exating.Plus food been not better then road side diner and they try to serve as cheeper prodact as they can. For example we order lamb chops, tey bring 2 small cuts of neck bones. When we ask to take it back ,they not argue. Theyexenge and bring complimentary drincs.Other food been the same, gnochi ovecooked, lobster dry like rubber.
- Always a treatMissy272Dined on 7/19/2014We've eaten here several times and it never dissapoints. The food is creative and always done well. Menu doesn't seem to change much year to year, which is ok if you only go a couple times a summer. The service is always superior - everyone is helping everyone and it runs very smoothly from the diners perspective. The lobster gnocchi is always delicious. Good cocktails too. Make sure you get a table on the porch.Special Features:
- Best meal in ProvincetownAltheusDined on 7/17/2014From start to finish, it was the best meal I ever had in Ptown. The food was amazing and our server was so friendly. The ambience was great too. Our group of 5 could chat easily without shouting. I couldn't fault it at all. I look forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodRayCVIPDined on 7/16/2014Group of 7 for dinner, all were happy with our food and drinks. Great night out.Special Features:
- Great experienceCatherineDined on 7/11/2014The view from the Pointe is the best in Ptown. We had a great table overlooking Bradford st and the pilgrim monument. Menu choices were great and affordable. Specials were so-so (meatloaf). The waiter was a little inattentive. We had to pour our own wine, another waiter was kind enough to clear our table and get our waiter to order desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulDinnerDateDined on 7/5/2014We dined here early one night with our two young kids and while it is definitely an adult restaurant the staff was very polite and easy going and made great recommendations for choices our kids would enjoy. It was a very delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StavieVIPDined on 7/3/2014We dined at the porch with very nice views of the town! The server was friendly and very accomodating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RundmcDined on 6/5/2014Nice neighborhood , excellent clam chowder , halibut was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner at the PointetinacDined on 5/29/2014We had a wonderful dinner at the Pointe. The Dijon cream mussels are the best mussels we have ever had. We both had the sautéed Cape halibut with English pea sauce, corn risotto, and a side of roasted asparagus. For dessert we had fresh raspberry sorbet. Everything was so delicious. We sat on the porch with a nice view of Pilgrim monument. Our server Christina was excellent and very welcoming. We love the Pointe and look forward to returning soon. Since my husband is a diabetic, it's so nice that the Pointe has a dessert, raspberry sorbet with no sugar added. Very few restaurants have no sugar added desserts.Special Features:
- Great placedavidwyrick85VIPDined on 5/28/2014Good food especially the specials plates were amazing. I will return when I'm back in PtownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in towndavidwyrick85VIPDined on 5/27/2014It was a great location. Food was to die for and service was good. I would definitely come back when I'm back in Ptown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal and serviceDuneriderDined on 5/23/20145 of us had fabulous meals in the lovely dining room at thus beautiful inn. The ambiance was lovely, and the service was terrific. Coconut shrimp and also mozzarella on crostini apps were nicely done. The Lobster Gnocchi dinner is highly recommended, as was the short ribs special. We wil be back!Special Features:
- excellent excellent excellentbondokingDined on 5/17/2014Great service. Great food. The attendant was very knowledgeable with their wine list. It was a perfect dinner over all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 313 reviews are from the The Pointe Restaurant reviews archive.
- SherwinDisappointedDined on 5/7/2014This restaurant fell way short of expectations. The staff were friendly and willing, but needed more training. Food was below average and not good value for the money.
- once again - WONDERFULFionaVIPDined on 4/30/2014There is nothing more I can say about The Pointe It is consistently wonderful in every respect - thats why it is my top restaurant in Provincetown.Special Features:
- Dinner at the PointeBeantownCharlieDined on 4/17/2014We have been coming here for our anniversary for 5 years now, ever since stumbling on this restaurant on our wedding night. Highlights continue to remain the "famous clam chowder" (we liked it so much, we came back and had it again, 2 nights later!) and the lobster gnocchi. The wine menu is extensive, as is the menu of entrees. Prices are reasonable, and the atmosphere is lovely. Sit near the gas-powered fireplace for some warmth and charm on a cool spring evening, or out on the enclosed porch, if you want it a bit more private. The wait staff is knowledgeable about the dishes and can make suggestions if you find it difficult to choose. We continue to make this the first place we have dinner whenever we visit Provincetown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair is not good enoughHauteCuisineDined on 4/12/2014The atmosphere/view is the best thing the Point restaurant has going for it. My party of four was not impressed by the food nor the service. Two filet mignons came out way overdone, a hamburger that was ordered well done came out red, and the chicken in a pasta dish had a consistency of rubber. Add that to the fact that it took way too long for us to get our food and waters were never refilled and you can probably guess the kind of experience we had. The waitress was not attentive and the management was more focused on turning tables than the needs of the people currently dining.Special Features:
- Lovely food and atmosphereDonnaMDined on 4/10/2014We had the pleasure of dining at the Pointe Restaurant this week and had a lovely time. They have a terrific wine list and all the food is prepared with care, presented nicely, and is delicious. Service is attentive but not intrusive. The only thing that I would change is the "Exploding chocolate cake", which we expected to be a warm molten chocolate dessert. Instead, this wasn't served quite warm enough to liquify the yummy chocolate center. It tasted great, but just wasn't quite right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Point is the Gem of Ptown.WizardDined on 4/9/2014We needed a break before a Magic Convention was beginning and we were working, so we chose a stay at the Crowne Point Historic Inn. We read the reviews of the Pointe and decided to give it a try. We are glad we did, from the excellent service of our waiter David (you remember the name when they are exceptional), to the ambiance, and great food, we were more than pleased and so glad we chose the Point to dine at for dinner. Breakfast the next morning was another treat, we also made a point of speaking to the chefs on both occasions, just wonderful. We will return, and will recommend to all our friends headed that way. Five star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for two in PTownMmh393Dined on 4/5/2014We dined on the glassed in veranda - lovely view of the lighted Pilgrim Tower . The food was excellent, served promptly and courteously. Clam chowder was delicious, as was the goat cheese and beet salad. Lamb chops were cooked exactly as requested. Dessert offerings were amazing, all shown on an iPad prior to ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/29/2014Food good, but being stuck on the porch with a noisy drunken group ruined the evening. Not much help from the restaurant staff either; felt they could have handled things much better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reasonably priced nice mealjb981Dined on 3/16/2014This is a small, intimate resturant in the lower level of a hotel. There's an enclosed porch overlooking Bradofrd street, with a view down the hill toward the base of the monument. There was a lovely italian prefix three course dinner for only 15.95. Had the fried calamari (light, tender, perfect), and the ciopino (delicious, with mussels, salmon and cod). Service was courteous and swift. I suspect the ambience is a little different at peak season (we went in mid-March), but would highly reccomend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.