The Point Restaurant at the Black Point Inn
510 Black Point Road
Scarborough, ME 04074Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Point Restaurant at the Black Point Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blackpointinn.com/inn/dining
- Phone: (207) 883-2500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily from 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Afternoon Tea
- Executive Chef: William Benner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With four distinct meeting and event spaces, Black Point Inn has the ability to customize and cater to every need during your meeting, event, or private dinner. From working with our professional event coordinator, to customizing your menus with our Chef, and enjoying all the amenities of The Inn during your stay, the experience will exceed every expectation of you and your colleagues.
- Private Party Contact: Landace Porta 2078832500x650
- Entertainment: Join us in The Chart Room on Tuesday nights all summer for Live Jazz from 5-7pm.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: We ask that our dining guests park responsibly. Please park as close as possible to the car next to you and use caution when opening your doors. Parking is adequate but limited, so with your help there will be room for everyone to enjoy the Inn.
Valet parking is available.
A word from The Point Restaurant at the Black Point Inn
Enjoy the warmth and charm of fine dining in The Point Restaurant at Black Point Inn while surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean on three sides. Our menus feature sumptuous American cuisine using the best ingredients possible with a committment to local, sustainable seafood. Our sincere, professional staff will ensure an evening to remember. Enjoy stunning sunsets and views of Mount Washington over the water before dinner by joining us first in The Chart Room, or in front of the fire for Signature Cocktails or a selection from our extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Point Restaurant at the Black Point Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (6)romantic (5)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (0)Show More
- Perfect Ocean-View Dining!reladyDined on 8/9/2014The Black Point Inn hit high marks on every level the evening we dined there. Beautiful evening to sit out on the deck; beautiful view, great waiter, who was knowledgeable about wine pairings. Food was superb, we watched the sun set. What more could you ask for???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regional jewel with great staffrpwrightgaDined on 8/5/2014A "No -fail" destination for those special dinners. Regretfully had a noisy table next to us but otherwise an absolutely superb evening. The Haddock dinner was perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- The following 7 reviews are from the The Point Restaurant at the Black Point Inn reviews archive.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014One of the best places in Maine to dine. Dinner was perfect, great atmosphere, beautiful views. Staff was professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- below expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014We were expecting a top quality meal, what we had was just mediocore. Air Conditioning was blasting when we arrived, felt like a meat locker. Signature cocktails were not very good. Soup and apetizer were good. Entre special of bacon wraped pork tasted like ham. Bacon was way too salty and overpowering. We expected a dramatic view of the Ocean, instead we were in a back room of the Inn with just a slight view of the ocean out of the corner of the window. Far below expectations. Should have booked the Chart Room for far less money and much better view and experience.
- OutstandingJimboDined on 7/10/2014View to die for! Food incredible! Service was outstanding. Our waiter mike was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DunstableDined on 7/1/2014everything was great on the outside porch except for our waitress. She was very nice but not efficient. No bread, like all other tables, no small plates to share our appetizers, late with drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overatedtiguyemondDined on 5/18/2014Very expensive for nothing....the food is very basic no many tasting...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/17/2014Was disappointed with restaurant - for the prices, expected more.. The service was very slowly paced- too slow. Only 4 other tables filled, so it was not too busy for staff. Ordered filet mignon med. rare, but came medium to med. well. Did not send back since I was too hungry waiting all that time. Husband had twin lobsters and he was very pleased. Clam chowder thickened with flour and not as good as many clam shacks.Special Features:
- Good food,service. Great viewKateDined on 5/11/2014A great place to enjoy a good meal. Overlooking Western and Pine Point beaches with the silhouette of Mt Washington on the background on a clear day. Food and wine very good. My husband says the dirty martini was one of the best he's had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.