The Point at Glenwood
1626 Glenwood Ave
Raleigh, NC 27608Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Point at Glenwood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theponitatglenwood.com/
- Phone: 9197551007
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Dana Beaulieu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live bands every Thursday night show starts at 10:30pm Great dancing for all!
- Cross Street: Fairview Rd
- Public Transit: The CAT bus stops are right across the street inbound and on the corner of Glenwood Ave and Fairview Rd outbound.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Our parking is conveniently located behind the restaurant with entrances off of Glenwood Ave and Fairview Rd. Just pull around back and walk in the back door.
A word from The Point at Glenwood
The Point is a locally owned and operated neighborhood gathering place. Located in the heart of historic Five Points. Serving lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. We pride ourselves on using the best our local farmers have to offer. All our beef and pork is natural, hormone free and locally raised. The beef is grass fed, grain finished,and dry aged. We feature local fresh seafood and produce daily. Our motto is we are farm to fork whenever possible. We pride ourselves on our diverse menu and our wood-fired specialties including our award winning brick-oven pizzas. We also offer a nice selection of salads, sandwiches, burgers, and steaks. We have all ABC permits,featuring a full bar that includes some local brews,and an extensive wine list. Thursday nights we also have live entertainment starting at 10:30 PM. Come experience the best North Carolina has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Point at Glenwood - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
The Point at Glenwood reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (12)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- GloriaVIPDined on 9/26/2014The Point is a gem. Great location for a meal before going to the Rialto for a movie. The wood fited pizza is delicious!Special Features:
- How Have I Missed This Place?JenkVIPDined on 9/20/2014We've lived in the Raleigh area for over eight years and have passed the Point several times. We needed a dinner location close to downtown to attend the Symphony later in the evening. We were pleasantly surprised at the good food and great service. Don't let the exterior surprise you. There is really good gourmet style cooking beyond the walls. Kids get to make their own pizza, a hit with my "tween" son. We will absolutely be back!Special Features:
- The Point - Sept movieAnniversaryVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food was good, they have a good selection to choose from. Handle crowds well. Service very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a menueGO88Dined on 9/6/2014It was late and we were in Raleigh for an event an hour from home on a Saturday night. We found the point thru open table. We were able to get a reservation and we're seated immediately. The choices on the menu were endless. The food was delicious, drink list was excellent. It was noisy which was great as we had our kids with us who can create a little noise themselves. Just an all around great evening. We will definitely be back again and will be sure to share it with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodShellyVIPDined on 8/22/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday on a Friday night with reservations for 8. Service was okay. But the food was outstanding! Everyone was really happy with their dinners. Prices reasonable too. We would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glenwood Dining GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014We thoroughly enjoy dining and visiting restaurants and bars along Glenwood south. This spot is great for families and couples. It is a great neighborhood restaurant, convenient place before heading downtown or to a movie at the Rialto, 2 doors down. Prices are good and the menu has a variety for everyone.Special Features:
- Solid unpretentious diningFyreflyDined on 8/9/2014A nice neighborhood spot, would be great for watching sports with tvs all around. Drinks and food arrived quickly. Blackened steak salad: meat was perfectly cooked, tender and tasty, greens were nice and crisp. My husband had the bourbon steak which was delicious, and came with the biggest sweet potato I've ever seen! The wine list isn't huge but had some interesting choices. I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice LunchSweetzDined on 8/9/2014The lunch buffet is a great value! The fact that you can make a request for a pizza flavor is a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local placeDaveVIPDined on 8/6/2014The Point is a nice neighborhood place. Lots to choose from on the menu to suit all tastes including kids, but also interesting dishes for adults. Sources locally from high quality farmers. Very friendly at the restaurant or the bar. Highly recommended for a nice casual evening. Great value too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1/2 Price WineAnniversaryVIPDined on 7/30/2014Everything was good! The service, the wine and the food! #Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNomnomnomDined on 7/26/2014This is the second time we've been, but the first time I made the decision to order the lasagna. I don't normally order lasagna anywhere because mine is pretty unbeatable...until tonight. This was the BEST lasagna I've ever had. I literally had to fight the rest of the party to get some of the entree I ordered. I heard that the fish tacos were pretty darn good from my husband and my daughter loves creating her own pizza. They actually let the kids put the toppings on, themselves. It's cute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre MovieAnniversaryVIPDined on 7/13/2014We tried the fried olives and they were very good. Our entrees and service were all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistantnoneVIPDined on 7/12/2014We usually are quite satisfied with the food, but found it, at best, only fair on this visit. We are considering rethinking continued visits to the Point.
- The following 132 reviews are from the The Point at Glenwood reviews archive.
- Always excellentsdailVIPDined on 6/27/2014The Point has become one of our favorite restaurants...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereNomnomnomDined on 6/14/2014The restaurant was a great find- good food, lots of options, good drinks, great make your own pizza service for my daughter and live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOUPjerryVIPDined on 6/11/2014I have always enjoyed the soup ...never disappointsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014We found this to be an enjoyable evening. Food was great, service was great and an overall enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Nice Neighborhood PlaceColaFoodie80Dined on 5/11/2014This was a nice neighborhood restaurant. The food was good (I had the lasagne) and the service met expectations. However, it was not what I expected. Open Table lists its cuisine as a gastro pub. Having been to gastro pubs in NYC and LA, this wasn't a gastro pub in my opinion. That isn't to say it's food wasn't delicious (it was and the prices were very reasonable). But if you're traveling in Raleigh and looking for a gastro pub, I would try Capital Club 16. That is more in line with what I think foodies would consider a gastro pub. But if you're looking for good food at a good price, I recommend The Point without reservation.Special Features:
- Good if you are close byalioopDined on 5/11/2014My first visit and I'd rate it fair to good overall. The crab dip was runny but had a good taste. The fish in parchment that my family member ordered was excellent. Unfortunately, I had salmon which was room temperature and tasted average at best. When they warmed it, the fish dried out. The chef did make another one for me to take home though. My daughter had a super experience making her own pizza, it was cooked perfectly, and tasted great. The menu at The Point is very large and perhaps if they scaled it back and focused on doing a few less items really, really well it would work to their advantage.Special Features:
- Extensive menu done very wellChowderheadsDined on 5/11/2014I chose this restaurant prior to visiting Raleigh, based on reviews. The 5 pm reservation was not needed, though it was Mother's Day and the place filled up quickly. The name: The Point at Glenwood didn't describe the pub that it was, but we (3) were all very happy with our meal selection. The service was friendly and attentive. This is a sure bet for good food.Special Features:
- Mother's Day at The PointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Selected "The Point" for our Mother's Day brunch, and found it to be an excellent spot for that special occasion! The staff was attentive, the buffet was solid with some great choices, and despite 3 adults in our party of 6 having cocktails, our bill still came in under $100. Wow! We were seated at a table next to a window overlooking the Five Points neighborhood, which kept the kids entertained. This is a really good joint which serves really good food at an outstanding price point. Highly recommend, and I will repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom Loved ItmktswhVIPDined on 5/11/2014A great restaurant for Mother's Day. They took special care to make this a memorable day. Food was great, and so were the perfect Bloody Mary's. Even Mom loved her's. Custom made to each person's taste. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharacterEasterbunniesDined on 5/11/2014First time on Mother's Day was a risk, but so glad we made it. The variety of food for brunch was amazing and it was all good. They were super busy but we had no complaints. The buffet was promptly refreshed and our waitress was wonderful. Definitely will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchMicheleDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed our brunch at The Point at Glenwood on Mother's Day. The only negative was that we waited about 40 minutes for the made to order waffles. They definitely needed more than one waffle maker! Everything else was delicious and fresh and the service was wonderful! We've eaten dinner here before and always have been pleased!Special Features:
- Great food....interesting serviceChef112Dined on 5/10/2014The food at the restaurant was very good. My only complaint was that they did not really have everything together. We were sat with no silverware. Then we were brought half the plates for the people at the table, and they forgot to bring our drinks. But I have absolutely no complaint about the food. It was a good choice for graduation.Special Features:
- Didn't live up to expectationsK2h3mVIPDined on 4/26/2014I had high hopes based on the reviews but was let down. The food was fine but it wasn't excellent. My steak didn't have the flavor I expected and the roasted potatoes fell flat. The wine was quite good as was the service but the meal was more expensive than it was worth.
- Good food, good serviceCatherineDined on 4/20/2014Surprising quality for the large number of items on the menu. The food is how it is described. It was delicious. I will make this place one my regular restaurants. The sirloin tips were good. My husband liked the lamb. Our daughter had grilled cheese. It's tasty and they use a lot of fresh and local produce. Fit for foodies.Special Features:
- Overpriced and MediocrempriceDined on 4/19/2014My fiancé and I live in 5 points, and have for over a year and decided to finally try out The Point, figuring it must be decent since it's been there forever, same as Hayes Barton, Lilys, and Bloomsbury. It was terrible. Unimaginative menu. I got the seafood pot pie to try, but it was all cream, celery, and carrots with very little seafood. Gross. Our waitress also messed up our bill because she forgot to close our window, so we had to be reimbursed in cash, or have the charge on our card until the end of the weekend. It was extremely overpriced for the quality of food.
- Your basic bistro with no-nonsenseNeuroMitchVIPDined on 3/29/2014Your basic bistro with no-nonsense good food at good prices; nice atmosphere; family friendly; parking a bit sketchy.Special Features:
- Always great food and thePhillipDined on 3/28/2014Always great food and the wait staff are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentative staff!KellyMDined on 3/27/2014I opted for a different table near window when being seated. The server was training another and both made my dining experience enjoyable. This was my first visit and although a group of dads and their sons were sat near me, (both who were extremely noisy), I enjoyed the ambience and people watching. The bar was full of the after 5 crowd. Fun. The food was tasty and plenty of selections that I must return to sample others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizza, OK serviceac12Dined on 3/22/2014Server was more condescending than informative, I understand a busy Saturday night, but when people ask a question, it's OK to just answer it without any inflection in your voice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Lively DiningNeighborVIPDined on 3/22/2014The wood oven cooked flounder and scallops were excellent. The spinach salad, slaw, and fresh warm bread were very good. The bread pudding dessert was excellent. Service by Stephanie was very friendly, helpful, and attentive. We liked the ambiance of the wood fired ovens. Parking is a problem, there is none, we had to park a block away in the neighborhood. The noise level in the restaurant by the clientele was excessive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceBenPDined on 3/22/2014We were pleasantly surprised with our first visit to The Point. It truly is a hidden gem for anyone living outside the beltline. I would recommend The Point and we will be back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sanitation RatingfoodRusDined on 3/17/2014My wife goes crazy when a restaurant's sanitation rating is below 95--this restaurant is 91. However, we enjoyed our meal, but the Caesar salad was weak.Special Features:
- SatisfiedPleasantlypleasedDined on 2/26/2014Great food. Great place to grab lunch. Parking was a challenge though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok. the food is good.chrisklingmanDined on 2/22/2014It was ok. the food is good. it's pricey for the quality, though.
- Best Hamburger Ever!!!Sunshine1913Dined on 2/22/2014I've never had a better tasting burger. I have had bariatric surgery and ordered the black & blue burger without a bun and they were happy to make the necessary adjustments. The burger melted in my mouth! I was by far the best burger I have ever put in my mouth! The wood fired oven/grill taste can through. The burger was cooked exactly how I ordered it. My boyfriend had the lasagna and his son had the pork chops. Both the other dishes were excellently cooked as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It'll doCompromiseDined on 2/22/2014Went to this place as a Plan B when our original choice was booked solid all night. The table for two was tiny; the menu barely fits across it without hanging off the side. We found the restaurant by searching 'fine dining', and it falls a little short. The drinks were good and strong, and my seared tuna was very good, but the restaurant itself is too loud for what I consider 'fine' dining. Entrées run between $15-$30, but the kids' meals are only $5, so the place may as well have been Chuck E Cheese, just without the games or anything else to entertain a child. The result is a bunch of whiny, restless kids, which I can understand because I would have hated to have to go to a place like that when I was a kid. Three stars out of five.Special Features:
- I was underwhelmed by thisJeffInNCDined on 2/16/2014I was underwhelmed by this restaurant. Several questions to the waitress were met with a glazed look, the food was just plain and when I was asked how my meal was, I replied "just ok." She asked why and I gave her the details (disappointing patty melt with very little toasting of the bread) she said she'd pass on the comment but nothing else. I wasn't expecting the meal to be comped but I did expect a "Sorry you didn't enjoy it."