The Pluckemin Inn
359 Route 206
Bedminster, NJ 07921Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Pluckemin Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pluckemininn.com/
- Phone: 9086589292
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon. - Fri.: 11:30am-2:00pm in "Plucky Tavern"; Cocktails: Mon. - Fri.: 11:30am-close in "Plucky Tavern", Sat.: 5:00pm-close in "Plucky Tavern", Sun.: Closed; Dinner: Monday - Fri.: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sat.: 5:00pm-10:00pm Sun.: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Lattanzio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Pluckemin Inn has two exquisite rooms in the wine cellar that can be used individually or in tandem. The Private Dining Room accommodates 9-14 guests comfortably. Carl's Room, for 14-18 guests, is a fine choice for cocktail parties, wine dinners, larger board meeting and family gatherings. In addition, you can choose to configure any of the two main dining rooms upstairs along with the private rooms to fit your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Tal Itzhaki 9086589292
- Entertainment: 2 Flat screen TV's in the bar.
A word from The Pluckemin Inn
The Pluckemin Inn features contemporary American cuisine, with a "World Class" wine list of over a thousand labels featuring New World, European, Domestic, Grand Cru, Premier Cru and rare vintages. The Pluckemin Inn has a full bar and private dining rooms in a reconstructed Federalist-styled setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Pluckemin Inn - Best Restaurants in Bedminster ›
The Pluckemin Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)notable wine list (55)fit for foodies (46)romantic (45)neighborhood gem (28)vibrant bar scene (18)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (10)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014Had a great business lunch here. Food and service were excellent. I plan on returning soon.Special Features:
- San Genaro weekendNickyDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our anniversary at the Pluckamin Inn. They had a weekend Italian menu for the San Genaro festival. We found the menu very limited and sort of pedestrian by Pluckamin Inn standards. Of the four dishes we had none were exceptional or even VG in our opinion. Even the cookies for dessert were disappointing and mostly bland. Disappointing.Special Features:
- cliffDined on 9/5/2014You can not go wrong with the Pluckemin Inn, the service, the food, as always, perfect....Special Features:
- mocoVIPDined on 9/3/2014Good place for a special dinner in the neighborhood Well prepared and interesting dishes.Special Features:
- TravelerDined on 9/2/2014perfect place to meet with a valuable client...impressive, quiet, fabulous food, impeccable serviceSpecial Features:
- Welcome changeCHAKDined on 8/30/2014Third time is a charm. We went to pluckemin inn when it opened. We were impressed with elegance of the place, it's decor, fine food and great service. My wife is a vegeterian, so the chef made a great dish just for her. Next time we went, although my son and I had good experience, my wife had to settle for vegeterian pizza. So we allowed time before our next visit. We were surprised to see vegeterian items on the menu, thanks to the new chef. My son had steak, it was as good as the best steaks in great NYC restaurants. My fish dish was superb. Thanks to the new chef, we had an outstanding experience. My only dilemma: besides Bernard's Inn and Ninety Acres, now a third great choice in Somerset County every time We go for fancy meals.Special Features:
- A nice time with friendsprincetonDined on 8/30/2014As the ranking indicates, the ambiance and the service were both outstanding. The food was good but not as excellence as we had hoped. Certainly not up to the quality the price would merit. We had met friends who we do not see that often. The staff never rushed us so we had an outstanding social experience.Special Features:
- YumKAL3Dined on 8/29/2014Olive bread and spicy bread sticks were great. Loved the chilled zucchini soup with ricotta and squash blossom. Veal scallopine with polenta and osso bucco was terrific. Dessert petit fours were lovely too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, attentive serviceButchDined on 8/27/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner on a Wednesday night. The food and wine was excellent and the service was helpful and attentive. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great Food, But...DrLewieDined on 8/22/2014We have dined at the Pluckemin Inn at least a dozen times. The service is extraordinary and the food never disappoints. What did disappoint this time was the summer seasonal menu. The meal we each had was terrific, but the menu provided severely limited choices for myself and one other in our party. I estimate the menu was 90% seafood, which I am allergic to. My friend felt choices for his tastes were also limited. I realize that seafood is popular this time of year, but more than a handful of choices for those of us who don't or can't eat seafood would be greatly appreciated.Special Features:
- Another great experience at the InnVikingDined on 8/20/2014I took my wife and a few others for a 'business relationship building' dinner. The Pluckermin Inn once again proved to be a great choice. Our server was excellent, she was very knowledgeable with the menu. They have an unbelievable wine list and the food is fit for foodies. We like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NJ Top 25?JDSDDined on 8/15/2014Had never been even though very clode to us. Went because of its listing in NJ magazines top 25 restaurants list. Menu was interesting in that you had multiple offerings in style and serving size. Prices were on the high side. I had skate whichwas fine and different. My wife had salmon which was ordinary. Service was somewhat slow although the placwe was not busy though it was a Friday. Green beans served on the raw side in salad and main course. Bread basket was the best feature. Not as good as the reputation or prices would require.Special Features:
- wonderful placeSUZEDined on 8/9/2014Had a fantastic dinner here. The staff were all genuinely friendly. Our waiter Kevin was attentive but not overly so. The restaurant itself is much bigger than it looks. Has a great tavern area and even has an outdoor patio for additional dining option. Will definitely plan a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful birthday celebrationilikefoodtoomuchVIPDined on 8/9/2014Fabulous fresh food, expertly prepared, finest ingredients, knowledgable and courteous staff all helped make my birthday celebration extra special. the wellfleet oysters were fresh, the chicken succulent, the home-made pasta cooked perfectly, the Spanish octopus tender, and the dulce de leche sunday divine! Thank you!Special Features:
- wow!bobbyDined on 8/8/2014What an overall great experience! The service was wonderful and the food was outstanding. The grounds outside although not large was beautifully landscaped with in bloom crepe myrtle and the koi pond was so tranquil. We didn't drink in the bar- but it looked fun and lively. The staff made the special occasion we were celebrating extra special. Highly recommended and the wine selection was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikecamVIPDined on 8/8/2014We have dined at Pluckemin Inn numerous times mainly for dinner. This was our first time we had lunch in the dining room. Although there only a few tables occupied, we felt rushed. Our entrée was served BEFORE we finished our appetizer and left on the table. I felt like I was in a diner.Special Features:
- Not To DisappointjbarbieriDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary. The moment we pulled up, the valet was attentive, from opening the door for my wife to smiling and being polite. We walked in and from that moment we felt special. We did not have to wait for a table even though we were fifteen minutes early from our reservations. We were escorted upstairs and were explained the menu and the specials of the day. The price is just a bit high but well worth every dollar. The food was plentiful and in fact we did not order dessert. My wife did tell the waiter we were celebrating our anniversary and he then came out with a tray of chocolate and cookies with a lite candle. It was a very pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative cuisineWayneDined on 7/25/2014Food was very impressive, not the normal high quiality fare, but really creative options. Amazing wine list, although our first bottle was not perfect it was handled well by the restaurant and replaced quickly. We had a great evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014I am visit many notable restaurants but very few are able to satisfy for all courses. PI was excellent on all courses. Glad I found you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A class act -- don't miss it!diningwithdanDined on 7/9/2014Just the right combination of fine ingredients, creative culinary skill, and impeccable yet friendly service make this restaurant worth every penny of the price. The wine list is beyond compare. It is always a delight to come back to the Pluckemin Inn -- it is without doubt one of the classiest restaurants this side of the Hudson.Special Features:
- Unique dishes perfectly preparedhtmccannVIPDined on 7/7/2014In addition to friendly, efficient service and a beautiful setting, the Pluckemin menu is unique. More important, each dish is delicious and memorable. Earlier this week I had the best octopus dish I've ever had. Served with some carefully selected greens and a sauce that complemented the fish expertly, I hated to take the last bite. My wife had a similar reaction to her ricotta/gnocchi appetizer. That was a warm-up for the main dishes: cod for me, salmon for my wife. Again, unique presentations, superb taste.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingTeddi2Dined on 7/5/2014Booked Dinner reservations @ the 'Plucky' as friends were in town and we wanted to bring them someplace special. The wine list was extensive and our bottle was pricey but very satisfying. Out main courses were a big disappointment. The salmon portion was small the fish and plating were unimaginative and bland. My friends got the Prix Fix menu which was ok. The selections were not very interesting and the monkfish was rubbery and overdone. Complimentary dessert cookies were stale. We ended up paying a high price for a fair meal. It will be a long time before I go back again.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceHappyladyDined on 6/26/2014My husband and I dined at the Pluckemin Inn for the first time last Thursday evening. We had heard many great things about the restaurant from friends so we decided to try it to celebrate our 39th anniversary. We were not disappointed. The atmosphere in the Dining Room was lovely and the tables were set far enough apart that you could carry on a normal conversation without any problems. The food was outstanding...well flavored and presented and the portions were just right. Kevin our waiter couldn't have done a better job attending to our every need and the sommelier found us a perfect bottle of wine at a reasonable price from their extensive wine list. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and plan on returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceHj356VIPDined on 6/21/2014The bar is first class, the wine list is amazing (if not a little intimidating. ..) service is highly attentive, and the cuisine was outstanding. The sommelier helped us pick the perfect wine to accompany our meal. Great place for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Food was very good. Service was terrific. Prices were a little high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable and Great 4 Biz MeetingsRudyVIPDined on 6/17/2014Food & Service were beyond the curve. Environment ideal for business get-togethers/meetings. Decor representative of the surrounding area. We will definitely return when we are in that neck of the woods. Continued Success... to The Pluckemin Inn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refined and elegant sans pretenseMadameAtTheMadisonVIPDined on 6/16/2014The casual, country inn serves sophisticated, perfectly prepared and presented food that meets world standards. Located in the hills of western New Jersey, a discerning local clientele appreciate how special this place is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basking RidgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the staff is kind. We tried the $50 steak, which came out well done, and not medium as requested. That should not happen at this high price.Special Features:
- Overrated and overpricedWorlddinerDined on 6/7/2014Food very salty and extremely small portions for the price ... and we are not big eaters. Very average service and the restuarant was not busy. Really disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Would have given more starscomfyDined on 6/7/2014someone was WAY heavy handed with the salt, which sadly ruined my skate. And it wrecked the truly beautiful seasonal veggie garnish they give with the gnocchi- gnocchi was totally delicious- melt-in your-mouth. My husband said his food was not oversalted at all, so maybe this was about palette training for saute cooks? The bread is home made and outstanding, and wines, fantastic! They were also very sweet to my parents-in law for their birthdays. We will go back and just comment about the salt issue when ordering next time, in hope that everything is better seasoned. I will say that it is quite caucasian regarding "clientele", so be prepared for country-club atmosphere, Great jazz music and very comfy chairs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like salt....ChiefPlumberVIPDined on 6/5/2014The service is very good and the wine list is superb. However, the chef's palate is burned out. Everything,and I do mean everything was much too salty. Even the butter pat had salt sprinkled on top of it. We had soup, salads, entrees and all were very salty. The food presentation was lovely and the portions were sized well. We just couldn't stand the salt levels in everything.
- Great lunch!travelfoodiechefDined on 6/2/2014That restaurant is beautiful. I have been there twice. I brought my friend. We enjoyed our lunch. I will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a great meal for the first timeLoulou2000VIPDined on 5/30/2014we have eaten at the PLuckermin inn many times before and was never disappointed till now. Our food was just ok. The place was empty for a Friday night which makes me think they may have changed chefs....Special Features:
- Not up to usual standardsekelsey160VIPDined on 5/24/2014Food is consistently good with interesting menu selections. Service was a bit spotty during the last visit and not particularly attentive considering the reputation and prices.Special Features:
- The following 734 reviews are from the The Pluckemin Inn reviews archive.
- Very Dissapointed !Tomo59Dined on 5/17/2014Having been to the PI before and had a wonderful experience, we thought that we would take our friends there for a special occasion, the cocktails were fine at bar although there was no room to sit, the bartender was friendly. It went downhill after the bar.. we were seated for our reservation for 8:00 pm the waitress seemed more intent with pushing the menu before we had anything to drink, the service was mediocre at best, the food portions were very small not that quantity will ever win out in my opinion but for the price that you pay you would like to see a happy medium....Special Features:
- DG2014Dined on 5/17/2014Excellent food and service. Our guests were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix Fixe HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014Really blown away by this place. We decided to try the prix fixe and it did not disappoint. Being someone that dines at the Culinary institute of America from time to time, I knew right away the chef had his training from there. Everyone from beginning to end was well educated and had a real passion for food. Next time we are in the area we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and very quietlovequietDined on 5/10/2014This is our third time at the Pluckemin Inn. we really like it because of the way the tables are placed. you can actually hear what your dining companions are saying without having to ask them to repeat themselves. the food is excellent and the service is too. our waiter on Saturday night did a great job. finally, they don't rush you. our reservations were for 7 and we didn't leave the restaurant until after 9:30. I have and will continue to recommend this restaurant to friends and colleagues, noting, however, that it is expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineoutoftenDined on 5/3/2014Service was wonderful, food was great but the prices seem to be getting higher and higher every time we dine there. There isn't a steak worth $48. For that I'd like the whole cow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special treat!princetongirlDined on 4/26/2014We have been enjoying the Pluckemin Inn for years. It is one of my all-time favorites. We just celebrated my birthday there and dinner was fabulous! Food was inspired. I had a hamachi sashimi appetizer special that was amazing. My husband had the octopus appetizer which he said was the best octopus anywhere. The server was great and the restaurant was very accommodating to individuals in our party who had dietary restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.