The Pluckemin Inn
359 Route 206
Bedminster, NJ 07921Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Pluckemin Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pluckemininn.com/
- Phone: (908) 658-9292
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon. - Fri.: 11:30am-2:00pm in "Plucky Tavern"; Cocktails: Mon. - Fri.: 11:30am-close in "Plucky Tavern", Sat.: 5:00pm-close in "Plucky Tavern", Sun.: Closed; Dinner: Monday - Fri.: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sat.: 5:00pm-10:00pm Sun.: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Lattanzio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Pluckemin Inn has two exquisite rooms in the wine cellar that can be used individually or in tandem. The Private Dining Room accommodates 9-14 guests comfortably. Carl's Room, for 14-18 guests, is a fine choice for cocktail parties, wine dinners, larger board meeting and family gatherings. In addition, you can choose to configure any of the two main dining rooms upstairs along with the private rooms to fit your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Tal Itzhaki 9086589292
- Entertainment: 2 Flat screen TV's in the bar.
A word from The Pluckemin Inn
The Pluckemin Inn features contemporary American cuisine, with a "World Class" wine list of over a thousand labels featuring New World, European, Domestic, Grand Cru, Premier Cru and rare vintages. The Pluckemin Inn has a full bar and private dining rooms in a reconstructed Federalist-styled setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Pluckemin Inn - Best Restaurants in Bedminster ›
The Pluckemin Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)notable wine list (67)romantic (53)fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (30)vibrant bar scene (23)good for groups (14)great for lunch (11)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good prix fixeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/17/2014Prix fixe was good. Needed a bit more flavor variety per plate to be stellar. The flavor palettes on each dish needed some creativity and were sometimes bland or one dimensional. Amuse Bouche of squash soup was surprising in its lack of squash flavor. For complexity, appetizer of salmon tartare had a nice selection of herbs and caviar, probably my favorite of the night. The cauliflower soup with pistachio was a big hit with another member of our party. For starters, the king crab leg with thin slices of maroon truffle and I think cabbage was unctuous with a rich flavor, but the truffle and other flavors were lost in the buttery background. The other dish of buckwheat noodles with duck were difficult to eat neatly and a bit dry, need improvement in texture and flavor. Suckling pig was very well cooked, I'd say perfectly, a square of crispy skinned tender meat. Technically perfect, it needed more flavors on the plate that could match the rich but delicate meat, as the different included puréed flavors were a bit bland. Maybe something green/herbal, tarragon, and something else besides the little baked apple plated as fruity, more presentation of apple flavor, cranberry, or orange for the season. The cheese dessert was not very interesting. The pumpkin pie was good. Wine pairings were okay. Service was attentive but casual, good for our party. Kitchen timed our entrees coming out while we were still finishing up our second course. That was strange. I noticed other diners got fast turnaround as well. A weekday night thing, maybe? Overall 4/5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014The presentation and food for all courses was outstanding. Service while acceptable needs some polishing but over all we will returnI would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at the InnOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2014We had a spectacular dinner. I chose the Prixe Fixe which had great selections. My wife had the King Crab Salad,Grilled octopus and Griggstown chicken Fantastic. I had Salmon Tartare, King Crab, Suckling Pig and Pumpkin Pie. Tremendous. Service was courteous and attentive Loved itSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantElaineDined on 11/3/2014We have been to the Pluckemin Inn on several occasions and love it each time. Ask for the table by the fire if it is cool outside and it will be such a dining experience. It is a wonderful environment, good food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience for an occassionCincyGuyinJerseyDined on 11/1/2014Very cozy and comfortable environment. Food was very good, although we both felt that our second courses (the scallops and gnocchi) were a bit salty yet still enjoyable. Good wine list - both by the glass and by the bottle. The service was fantastic, and they included nice little treat after dinner to recognize that it was our wedding anniversary. The bar scene looks like it would be fun. Will definitely come back for that.Special Features:
- Wonderful nightDineoutoftenDined on 11/1/2014From the moment you walk in you feel welcome. Servers are friendly and knowledgeable, they don't rush you and the food is great. It's a bit pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaintainDined on 11/1/2014Service was excellent, food was very good. I would definitely return more if I lived closer (45 minutes away).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Autumn DiningwineanddineVIPDined on 10/31/2014Have not been here since April and after that great experience, I was looking forward to a re-visit. I was certainly not disappointed with my pumpkin soup, Pluckemin salad, and pasta entrée that featured a delicious, house-made sausage. A glass of Pinot Grigio and then Malbec, at very reasonable prices, complimented the three courses very well. Service seemed a little distracted, but not much. What I thought about the food before, 4 ½ to 5 stars, is about what I would say of this recent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightIms1203Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I wanted to go out in a date night and we didn't want to go all the way to the city, but we wanted a great food experience. I read multiple great reviews of this place and our experience totally lived up to our high expectations. I ordered from the a la carte menu, and my husband ordered the prix fixe with wine pairing - we both loved everything. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creme de la cremeBaldrabbitVIPDined on 10/23/2014Brian (the Sommelier and wine entrepreneur supreme) and Renee (the Hostess and front of the house suprema) are the best at what they do. Food is always the tops whether the very simple lunch they serve or the much more sophisticated dinner. Wine selection is encyclopedic and has quality at all price points. I go for business, I go to wine tastings, I go with with my wife, family, friends and Pluckemin has never disappointed.Special Features:
- Pluckemin Inn The BestgstullDined on 10/21/2014Been here many times. Every element of the Pluckemin Inn is top notch. Food, Service, Wine List, Ambiance, I cant think of one thing they could do better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DisappointmentHistorybuffDined on 10/16/2014What an over-priced, over rated restaurant. The pasta dish one member of the party had was barely cooked. The portion size of the pasta was that of an appetizer. The pork chop served was tender and tasty but sides were minimal. The wine list offers a huge selection of wines with most in the $100+ range. Mid-level wine choices are non-existant. Didn't bother with dessert.Special Features:
- BEST SCALLOPS!njswedeVIPDined on 10/15/2014I have eaten here many many times and every time is good, but the meal I had this time was even better than usual.....outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2014Very disappointing. We hadn't been there for a while. Menu very limited. Food so-so. My husband had the skate, very dry and tasteless. The Scottish salmon again not notable. We won't be recommending.Special Features:
- ExquisiteAliCatDined on 10/4/2014Exquisite in every way, the Pluckemin Inn has no rivals in Central Jersey. The food, service and ambiance are impeccable.Special Features:
- A+ experienceapriltwocatsDined on 10/4/2014The service was marvelous, the food outstanding, and the wine selection encyclopedic. This is one of the few restaurants in NJ that knows to cook pasta and risotto al dente. And if you discover you've left your reading glasses at home, please ask for a spare pair. While the wine list is encyclopedic, the sommelier helped us, via their by-the-glass and half-bottle selections, to make pairings that worked for both of our very different meals (salad and oysters, garganelli with ragu and butternut squash risotto, Griggstown chicken and Niman Ranch pork). We let him know why our budget was and Brian did the most with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth ReturningPyKnowsBestDined on 10/3/2014Unfortunately, not a good experience. It was loud and at times we had difficulty hearing one another. We had not dined there for over a year & looked forward to returning. The service was fine & attentive. The salads and deserts were delicious! Everything else was over salted to the extreme. The salty steaks were difficult to eat without gulps of water. The Salmon portion was small the vegetables were ridiculously salty. The worst part after eating the Mushroom soup, was the stomach distress that came on slowly. Made it through rest of the meal not realizing the soup was bad, but it was an awful night of nausea and the bad feeling lasted into part of the next morning. Won't be returning.Special Features:
- neverhomeVIPDined on 9/18/2014Our second visit and as good as the first! Had a lovely corner table for 4 of us. Two salads were split, beet and panzella. Dinners were the vegetable plate, chicken, salmon and the skate. All were excellent with unusual sides. We were too stuffed for dessert, but were given a small plate with several truffle candies, warm cookies, and macroon like puffs...what a delight!Special Features:
- Great lunch spotTS3269Dined on 9/15/2014Had a great business lunch here. Food and service were excellent. I plan on returning soon.Special Features:
- San Genaro weekendNickyDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our anniversary at the Pluckamin Inn. They had a weekend Italian menu for the San Genaro festival. We found the menu very limited and sort of pedestrian by Pluckamin Inn standards. Of the four dishes we had none were exceptional or even VG in our opinion. Even the cookies for dessert were disappointing and mostly bland. Disappointing.Special Features:
- cliffDined on 9/5/2014You can not go wrong with the Pluckemin Inn, the service, the food, as always, perfect....Special Features:
- mocoVIPDined on 9/3/2014Good place for a special dinner in the neighborhood Well prepared and interesting dishes.Special Features:
- TravelerDined on 9/2/2014perfect place to meet with a valuable client...impressive, quiet, fabulous food, impeccable serviceSpecial Features:
- Welcome changeCHAKDined on 8/30/2014Third time is a charm. We went to pluckemin inn when it opened. We were impressed with elegance of the place, it's decor, fine food and great service. My wife is a vegeterian, so the chef made a great dish just for her. Next time we went, although my son and I had good experience, my wife had to settle for vegeterian pizza. So we allowed time before our next visit. We were surprised to see vegeterian items on the menu, thanks to the new chef. My son had steak, it was as good as the best steaks in great NYC restaurants. My fish dish was superb. Thanks to the new chef, we had an outstanding experience. My only dilemma: besides Bernard's Inn and Ninety Acres, now a third great choice in Somerset County every time We go for fancy meals.Special Features:
- A nice time with friendsprincetonDined on 8/30/2014As the ranking indicates, the ambiance and the service were both outstanding. The food was good but not as excellence as we had hoped. Certainly not up to the quality the price would merit. We had met friends who we do not see that often. The staff never rushed us so we had an outstanding social experience.Special Features:
- YumKAL3Dined on 8/29/2014Olive bread and spicy bread sticks were great. Loved the chilled zucchini soup with ricotta and squash blossom. Veal scallopine with polenta and osso bucco was terrific. Dessert petit fours were lovely too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, attentive serviceButchDined on 8/27/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner on a Wednesday night. The food and wine was excellent and the service was helpful and attentive. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great Food, But...DrLewieDined on 8/22/2014We have dined at the Pluckemin Inn at least a dozen times. The service is extraordinary and the food never disappoints. What did disappoint this time was the summer seasonal menu. The meal we each had was terrific, but the menu provided severely limited choices for myself and one other in our party. I estimate the menu was 90% seafood, which I am allergic to. My friend felt choices for his tastes were also limited. I realize that seafood is popular this time of year, but more than a handful of choices for those of us who don't or can't eat seafood would be greatly appreciated.Special Features:
- Another great experience at the InnVikingDined on 8/20/2014I took my wife and a few others for a 'business relationship building' dinner. The Pluckermin Inn once again proved to be a great choice. Our server was excellent, she was very knowledgeable with the menu. They have an unbelievable wine list and the food is fit for foodies. We like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NJ Top 25?JDSDDined on 8/15/2014Had never been even though very clode to us. Went because of its listing in NJ magazines top 25 restaurants list. Menu was interesting in that you had multiple offerings in style and serving size. Prices were on the high side. I had skate whichwas fine and different. My wife had salmon which was ordinary. Service was somewhat slow although the placwe was not busy though it was a Friday. Green beans served on the raw side in salad and main course. Bread basket was the best feature. Not as good as the reputation or prices would require.Special Features:
- wonderful placeSUZEVIPDined on 8/9/2014Had a fantastic dinner here. The staff were all genuinely friendly. Our waiter Kevin was attentive but not overly so. The restaurant itself is much bigger than it looks. Has a great tavern area and even has an outdoor patio for additional dining option. Will definitely plan a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful birthday celebrationilikefoodtoomuchVIPDined on 8/9/2014Fabulous fresh food, expertly prepared, finest ingredients, knowledgable and courteous staff all helped make my birthday celebration extra special. the wellfleet oysters were fresh, the chicken succulent, the home-made pasta cooked perfectly, the Spanish octopus tender, and the dulce de leche sunday divine! Thank you!Special Features:
- wow!bobbyDined on 8/8/2014What an overall great experience! The service was wonderful and the food was outstanding. The grounds outside although not large was beautifully landscaped with in bloom crepe myrtle and the koi pond was so tranquil. We didn't drink in the bar- but it looked fun and lively. The staff made the special occasion we were celebrating extra special. Highly recommended and the wine selection was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikecamVIPDined on 8/8/2014We have dined at Pluckemin Inn numerous times mainly for dinner. This was our first time we had lunch in the dining room. Although there only a few tables occupied, we felt rushed. Our entrée was served BEFORE we finished our appetizer and left on the table. I felt like I was in a diner.Special Features:
- Not To DisappointjbarbieriDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary. The moment we pulled up, the valet was attentive, from opening the door for my wife to smiling and being polite. We walked in and from that moment we felt special. We did not have to wait for a table even though we were fifteen minutes early from our reservations. We were escorted upstairs and were explained the menu and the specials of the day. The price is just a bit high but well worth every dollar. The food was plentiful and in fact we did not order dessert. My wife did tell the waiter we were celebrating our anniversary and he then came out with a tray of chocolate and cookies with a lite candle. It was a very pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative cuisineWayneDined on 7/25/2014Food was very impressive, not the normal high quiality fare, but really creative options. Amazing wine list, although our first bottle was not perfect it was handled well by the restaurant and replaced quickly. We had a great evening.Special Features:
- The following 751 reviews are from the The Pluckemin Inn reviews archive.
- Wonderful surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014I am visit many notable restaurants but very few are able to satisfy for all courses. PI was excellent on all courses. Glad I found you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A class act -- don't miss it!diningwithdanDined on 7/9/2014Just the right combination of fine ingredients, creative culinary skill, and impeccable yet friendly service make this restaurant worth every penny of the price. The wine list is beyond compare. It is always a delight to come back to the Pluckemin Inn -- it is without doubt one of the classiest restaurants this side of the Hudson.Special Features:
- Unique dishes perfectly preparedhtmccannVIPDined on 7/7/2014In addition to friendly, efficient service and a beautiful setting, the Pluckemin menu is unique. More important, each dish is delicious and memorable. Earlier this week I had the best octopus dish I've ever had. Served with some carefully selected greens and a sauce that complemented the fish expertly, I hated to take the last bite. My wife had a similar reaction to her ricotta/gnocchi appetizer. That was a warm-up for the main dishes: cod for me, salmon for my wife. Again, unique presentations, superb taste.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingTeddi2Dined on 7/5/2014Booked Dinner reservations @ the 'Plucky' as friends were in town and we wanted to bring them someplace special. The wine list was extensive and our bottle was pricey but very satisfying. Out main courses were a big disappointment. The salmon portion was small the fish and plating were unimaginative and bland. My friends got the Prix Fix menu which was ok. The selections were not very interesting and the monkfish was rubbery and overdone. Complimentary dessert cookies were stale. We ended up paying a high price for a fair meal. It will be a long time before I go back again.Special Features: