The Plaza Bistro
2900 Belmar Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Plaza Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.plazabistroftl.com/
- Phone: 9542452574x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Stephen Tinsley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Friday's & Saturday's at 7pm
A word from The Plaza Bistro
Welcome to The Plaza Bistro, conveniently located on the corner of Breakers Avenue and Belmar Street. Set in the heart of North Beach Village, the Bistro offers a multi-cultural fusion, from salads to pasta dishes, brick oven flatbreads and desserts. Our breakfast menu offers you a variety of simply scrumptious typical breakfast food items. The Bistro has successfully paired imaginative food and wine with caring hospitality, comfortable surroundings and exceptional value.With outstanding dining under the stars, seasonal ingredients, an emerging beach side location and a mission to support the local community, The Plaza Bistro has changed the restaurant landscape in the North Beach Area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Plaza Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Didn't know what to expect going into this restaurant. I live in Fort Lauderdale and didn't know of this restaurant until finding it on Open Table and it had great reviews. All the excellent reviews were right! They have excellent food! I had the braised short rib and it was delicious! My fiance had the skirt steak was excellent as well! We started with the calamari was delightful! They don't have a full bar as its not a full standard restaurant, but that is the only thing that would make you forget its not the norm. The servers were very nice and attentive even though it seemed to be just one server, the other "bus boys" were there to lend a hand! We would definitely return to try more on their menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy returningJohnVIPDined on 8/15/2014It's one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants. The food is always good, friendly service, and reasonable price points.Special Features:
- Think about Holiday StaffingJosephDined on 7/4/2014I was pleasantly surprised to see Plaza Bistro on Open Table. I dine there on a regular basis and it was always difficult to make a reservation there. It is a popular neighborhood spot and the food is consistent. I was extremely disappointed with the service on 4th of July. Granted its a Holiday and most good restaurants are busy on holidays, but Plaza Bistro was not properly staffed and the service was horrible, so much so that half of my party missed the fireworks because it took forever to pay the check. The food and atmosphere is great, they just need to staff properly on Holidays.Special Features:
- The following 38 reviews are from the The Plaza Bistro reviews archive.
- It Has Gotten Better!DemandingMaxVIPDined on 5/25/2014Was quite impressed by the last 2 dines. The service was outstanding - JUAN was at his best - and the MUSIC was much more appropriate than a year or so ago. The pianist has become more seasoned and his repertoire has become enhanced. Recommend the SUMMER SALAD, which was tasty, loaded with fresh fruits, and a tangy dressing. The marguerite FLATBREAD with basil and pesto was cooked to perfection, and easily shared by two as a main course. WINE Selections are well priced. Eating under the stars and experiencing the ocean breeze is awesome. This is a special place, shared by locals, and tourists from the many small hotels, LGBT friendly staff and guests, along with many Europeans. Come Here for A Change!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outKadieVIPDined on 5/16/2014Loved this resteraunt - party of 5 and everyone enjoyed their meals, the friendliness of the waiter and the live music. Get there in time to watch the sunset!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off night?DemandingMaxVIPDined on 5/4/2014I've been dining here since they opened two years ago. This must have been an off night, as the food was not up to its usual high standards. I'd be dishonest if I didn't write this, offering caution. Summer salad was good, guacamole and chips tasteless and way too cold, scallops app undercooked, and the chicken entree was not cooked properly. Burger was acceptable, but the sweet potato fries raw. Carlos was an attentive server, and Juan was apologetic, and comped some of the food, the meal was such a disappointment. How can I feel confident and return?Special Features:
- What a unique concept!slbyummyDined on 4/19/2014Wow, a total hidden gem one block from the beach! Who would have known that you could turn a food truck place into a trendy restaurant? I feel so lucky to have found this place, it was romantic, fun, unique and the kookie piano player on Saturday night was fantastic. The "fancier" food was just ok, when I go back (WHICH I DEFINITELY WILL!), I will get the flatbread and some appetizers. My new favorite romantic place - my boyfriend and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurantYummyVIPDined on 4/5/2014The outside seating and lighting provide for a romantic ambiance and the live piano player adds the perfect touch. The restaurant is great for romantic date or even a girls night out! The food was delicious, but the menu is limited so be sure to check their menu on their website before you go. Also, parking is metered so make sure you bring change because there are no change machines and the restaurant will not provide change (in exchange for cash) for it's customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor onlyBigMFGVIPDined on 4/3/2014First time we had eaten here. All the dinning is outside. Basically the restaurant is in a large parking lot. It is decorated like a large out foot patio or deck at someone's house. The staff was very friendly and prompt with the service. Did not feel rushed and the food was very good. Nice sized menu with many options. We would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Now With Full Alcohol Bar!DemandingMaxVIPDined on 3/29/2014After a long absence, pleased to report that food/service are impressive. Franz was our excellent server, the chefs still turn out a great meal in their food trailer in this all open air/outdoor bistro. Wines are reasonably priced, and a large enough selection to satisfy. The Caribbean Shrimp was juicy with a tangy sauce, the salads plentiful and creative. Offering pork rinds instead of bread is an interesting twist, and it was surprisingly good. Manager offered us YUMMY birthday desserts on the house, which were appreciated. NOTE: We experienced a heavy rain and thunder storm while dining. All staff got drenched as they continued to bring food from the kitchen - not many others would have carried on with such good humor. UNIQUESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect beach nightLinenhueDined on 3/15/2014If you're craving a cozy and quiet night with either a group or a special someone it's impossible to beat Plaza Bistro, especially on a cool, clear night with a steady breeze coming off the ocean a block away. While we rated the food as "Good" it's really in protest, they took their spectacular friend green tomatoes appetizer off the menu but our main courses were "Very Good." If you go on Saturday night's there's an amazing pianist who comes on after 7:00pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok place, watch the billogipomDined on 3/4/2014This was our second time at PB And probably the last one. I found them much worse than last (visit). Food was blunt and service slow and erratic (on an easy weeknight evening). They also automatically added 18% gratuity (for a table of 4) On top of it when the final receipt was brought for signiture the entire amount (including 18% tip) was listed with another line for tip. There are better places to spent your time and money in Fort Lauderdale. If you do not pay attention you may tip them twice.Special Features:
- Food and Service UnacceptableAmyzDined on 3/1/2014I usually do not take time to write reviews, but I couldn't let this experience go without warning others. We live in Fort Lauderdale and go out to dinner 5-6 nights per week. We saw positive reviews about this restaurant and decided to bring a party of 6. Right away it went poorly. We were not greeted by a server for over 15 minutes. When we did get his attention, we ordered our meals and drinks to get the process going. ONE HOUR AND TWENTY MINUTES later, 3 entrees came out. My steak was ordered medium rare so I sent right back as it was a hockey puck.. 15 minutes my new steak arrived cooked properly, but we were still missing 2 meals. The next came out 10 minutes later, then finally 20 minutes after, the last entree.
- Don't Eat There!FoodsnobVIPDined on 3/1/2014The worst service possible. They are better off pulling people off the street at night to work, they would do a better job than the inexperienced waiters that they have working.As far as the food goes the so called chef should win 1st place on the worst food ! He doesn't care what comes out of his kitchen .
- Good Service - Not So Good FoodJSampDined on 3/1/2014This place is an interesting concept. It is basically a food truck in a parking lot, but then they add servers, music, lights, silverware, etc. to make it a fancy enviroment. We had very good service and high hopes for this place. That said, the food was just not good. My husband had the mushroom risotto and it was dried out. I had the chicken parm and it was just not at all flavorful and the chicken was very dry. I found it on tripadvisor and the review are good, so maybe we just had an off night. Would not go back.Special Features:
- Dining under the stars inLuluDined on 2/26/2014This was our 2nd time dining @ Plaza Bistro and it did not disappoint! We were a part of 4. Celebrating a birthday. Our server Franz, was helpful with wine selection as will as accommodating throughout the evening. One in our party has a food allergy and time was takin for a busy evening to make sure the Kitchen was informed! A special meal on a special evening was prepared for our guest enjoyment. LQSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different and Delicious!PappageorgioDined on 2/26/2014Coming from the snow and freezing temperatures, it was dreamlike to eat outdoors under the stars. The menu has lots of choices and there is plenty of room between the tables. The food was very tasty and the service was really friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A happy surprisefoober49Dined on 2/23/2014Who would expect a "pop up" restaurant in a parking lot to have a romantic ambience and good food? We ate here on a balmy Sunday night and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The outdoor restaurant - only about 50% of the tables are under any kind of cover - was full, but our reservations were honored immediately. There was live piano music, classical in nature, twinkling fairy lights, and romantic candles on every table. A few minor quibbles: for a restaurant that has much Italian style food on the menu, it is surprising that there's no bread served with your meal or spoon at the table to twirl the pasta that comes with the chicken parmagiana. We look forward to a return visit next time we're in Ft. Lauderdale.Special Features:
- Wonderful Outdoor DiningBFMCharlotteVIPDined on 2/20/2014A very unique (outdoor only) dining experience. This was my second time dining at the Plaza Bistro and we weren't disappointed. The weather obviously plays a huge role in your experience however the menu and service has been top notch. The entertainment both times has been an excellent pianist that keeps everyone's attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio Dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/16/2014Very nice patio! Food was pretty good, and service was a bit slow, but relaxing. Would go back again if im in the areaSpecial Features:
- A restaurant without wallsctrunnerDined on 2/15/2014We were in Ft. Lauderdale for the A1A marathon and wanted a quick bite to eat close to our hotel. The online description highlighted the wonderful outdoor dining...and indeed that is all there is. It is a lovely set up with wonderful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A NIGHT A THE PLAZA BISTROALEXDined on 2/1/2014REVIEW FROM TRIP ADVISOR CALLED IT AMONG THE 10 BEST RESTAURANTS IN FORT LAUDERDALE, WHICH EVEN THOUGH OUR EXPERIENCE WAS GOOD, TOP 10 SEEMS A LITTLE BIT TOO MUCH.... THE RESTAURANT IS IN A PARKING LOT. THE KITCHEN IS A FOOD TRUCK. WE WERE SEATED RIGHT AWAY BECAUSE OF OUR RESERVATION W/OPEN TABLE, EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE PEOPLE WAITING. SERVICE WAS PROMPT. THE MENU IS LIMITED AND THE QUALITY OF FOOD WAS OK, BUT NOT GREAT. IT WAS SATURDAY NIGHT, SO THERE WAS A GUY PLAYING PIANO, MAKING THE EVENING MORE ENJOYABLE WHILE EATING UNDER THE STARS. IN MY OPINION, PRICES ARE A LITTLE "PRETENTIOUS" AND SHOULD BE A LITTLE LOWER, ACCORDING TO THE LOCATION AND QUALITY OF FOOD PROVIDED. OVERALL A GOOD EXPERIENCE, THOUGH... WE'LL COME BACK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will return!!FirstTimerVIPDined on 1/26/2014Service was incredibly friendly, but was slow. Dinner took over and hour and 1/2. Food was good, atmosphere was awesome. Singer was a nice touch, not too loud, funny, songs everyone knew and a great voice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBarbaraDined on 1/21/2014Everything was terrific -- could not recommend more highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experience, eating in aOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/14/2014An experience, eating in a parking lot with a hard-working singer trying to cope. Food was good, service a bit erratic--but it must be a warm night to dine here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service underDlr12345Dined on 1/3/2014Great food and service under the stars. Live music..was a chilly night, but we were quite comfortable with heaters placed near table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGuestDined on 12/27/2013We were excited to visit this restaurant because of the great reviews but unfortunately left very disappointed. It took over an hour for the food to arrive and it was not worth waiting for in my opinion. The restaurant did their best to make us happy, but it is not a restaurant I would visit again.
- One of my favorite spotsJohnVIPDined on 12/22/2013Great atmosphere, good food, cool concept. Always pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Outdoor DiningDemandingMaxVIPDined on 11/23/2013Food served from a food truck? In a converted paved over lot? With a jazz singer and most importantly, well prepared American fare food? Yes to all of this, plus attentive service by well trained and staffed waiters. SInce the menu is limited, some dishes may sell out on a busy weekend night, so be prepared to be flexible. Caribbean Shrimp and any of the fish entrees are my favorites. There was a female jazz singer this night, the music will vary depending on who is at the mic. I hope PlazaBistro keeps her, she was incredibly good. Juan is awesome manager who often doubles as a server, keeping a watchful eye over the flow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOMETHING'S VERY WRONGNYAttorneyVIPDined on 11/17/2013Things have gone downhill at The Plaza Bistro. Went with a colleague on Sunday night and it took over 25 minutes for a server to come to our table to take a drink order. It then took another 15 minutes to get the beverages (which the server got wrong -- brought a "coke" instead of a "diet coke" and didn't bring the wine that had been ordered. By the time, we were asked for our food order, we had been seated for over an hour. In the interim, people were leaving their tables, and cancelling orders left and right. When Plaza Bistro is good, it's good. But if you go on a bad night, be prepared to be sourly disappointed. (I'm not going back so fast. It was a most unpleasant experience.)
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/16/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Plaza Bistro. We arrived in time for happy hour specials and with half priced flat breads, salads, appetizers and bottles of wine, we were able to have an excellent meal with wine for about $50 for two of us. The fried green tomatoes were quite good, as were the flat breads. Would definitely recommend this restaurant. Don't be thrown off by the area, it looks a bit dodgy at first especially if it is dark, but is perfectly fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great open air diningJohnVIPDined on 11/7/2013One of my new favorite places on FL Beach. Interesting food, well prepared, great service, and u inquest outdoor dining experience. I highly recommend it for dinner or just drinks under the starsSpecial Features:
- Very unique spot!maybonneDined on 11/2/2013We stumbled upon this with the help of Open Table otherwise I'm not sure I would have known it was there. During the day you'd never even know it was a restaurant. We were staying in the North Beach Village resort area so it was great to just walk over and get a table. The manager was really sweet, and our server was fantastic. The food was average (although I love anywhere with fried green tomatoes on the menu!) but the experience of sitting outside in the garden setting with the art-deco buildings all around, and a very unique live electronic piano player doing his show while we ate, was very cool. We also enjoyed being able to taste some wines before buying a bottle. All in all a really fun night and certainly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun experiencedoublin9Dined on 11/2/2013What a great find in north Beach Fort Lauderdale! As long as it is clear out, you will have a superb meal (from a food truck) in a romantic setting. Will go there every time we head out for a cruise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationHilaryEveDined on 11/1/2013The reason for picking this place was because I wanted to go somewhere different and because of the great reviews to celebrate my birthday. The ambience and atmosphere was very nice BUT If it wasn't for the food being so good and my party and I still having a great time together, I would of given a much worse review! There was another table next to us with a big party too so I understand both tables had big parties, but our food took about 2 hours to come out and the waitress was not the nicest and very unexperienced. Her service overall was very poor especially how she gave us the check and had messed up most of our meals!! The manager gave us a discount off the bill and free dessert which helped but overall the food was the best part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradise FoundlorogwinDined on 10/12/2013Well we believe we found paradise. Amazing food, service and ambience. Prawns to die for (beautifully cooked in a delicious curried mango sauce. We were made very welcome and would highly recommend a visit if you are in the vicinity.Special Features:
- Delightful gemMunchingDined on 10/11/2013Booked a table for 10 for my birthday. The ambience was much nicer than I expected, with the potted hedges providing a nice buffer from the surrounding streets. Live music courtesy of a singer was great. Mostly a mellow jazz/standards repertoire that provided a relaxed and rather refined feel, considering we were in fact dining in a parking lot. Food was good. We had the fried green tomatoes all around, which were well received. The only quibble was that the staff seemed to be easily distracted and the food took a very long time to come (more than 30 minutes). Still, if you're not in any hurry, it's a pleasant, laid back gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/21/2013service was great-food very diverse from flatbreads to filets-only good on a nice night as it is totally outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening rain shower putOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2013An evening rain shower put a damper on our evening. But it was fun...will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cool experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2013We had heard of this place and that it was "food truck gone upscale." It did not disappoint! The concept is brilliant and the food was affordable and delicious. Flatbreads were great for sharing. Still on my mind are the sweet potato waffle fries with a honey butter. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.