The Pirates' House
20 East Broad St,
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Pirates' House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepirateshouse.com/
- Phone: 9122335757x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: David Weikert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private are available to accommodate groups from eight (8) to one hundred fifty(150).
- Private Party Contact: Megan Cox (912) 233-2225x
A word from The Pirates' House
The entire family is sure to enjoy Savannah's most intriguing & historic restaurant. At the Pirates' House, our most precious treasure is the food. Situated in Trustees Garden, merely a scant block from the Savannah River, the Famous Pirates' House is the most historic spot in Georgia. The Herb House, erected in 1734, located inside the Pirates' House, is said to be the oldest house in Georgia. The Pirates' House first opened in 1753 as an inn for seafarers and fast became a meeting point for blood-thirsty pirates & sailors. Enthusiastically recommended by AAA, Food & Wine and Redbook.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Pirates' House - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
The Pirates' House reviews from OpenTable diners
271 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (185)good for groups (119)neighborhood gem (98)special occasion (88)great for lunch (75)fit for foodies (72)hot spot (43)romantic (28)great for brunch (26)scenic view (22)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Nostalgic favorite revisitedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014On my recent trip to Savannah, I had the opportunity to revisit a haunt of my family's from a million years ago. The Pirate's House is every bit as amazingly and awesomely kitschy as I remember it being, and now that I'm old enough to enjoy the cocktails, I can say that they do not disappoint. The food is very good Southern fare. Maybe not foodie-worthy, but definitely delicious and generously portioned. And our waiter was awesome. Super sweet, thoughtful and attentive, he was there when we needed him and not on top of us when we didn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun StopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We live in Savannah but had never been to the historic Pirate House, so we decided to bring some guests and try it out. We loved it! The rum cocktails are delicious, the ambiance and history make it an extra fun place to eat, and the food was scrumptious! Space is a little bit tight, so just keep that in mind if you plan on going with a big group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014James the waiter was perfect! Food was not very good. Filet Mignon was ordered med and was cooked medium on the outside and rare in the middle and was not tender. For $27 bucks, disappointing!
- Good food, tacky decorationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The food was very good but expensive. The decorations were tacky and it looked like more of a kid's attraction than a historic building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectDiddle1Dined on 10/15/2014First visit to Pirate House. I was looking forward to the history and the ghost stories and I had a blast. Staff was just as nice as could be. Food was incredibly tasty and the serving sizes were enormous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Famous landmark, excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/13/2014Both my wife and I enjoyed our meals. She had parmesan crusted trout and I had a crabmeat casserole. Both entrees were excellent.Special Features:
- Loved the pulled pork spring rollsBulldawg94Dined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed our meal. We ordered a wedge and it doesn't just have bacon bits, is actual pieces of bacon. I shared a steak with my daughter that was cooked perfectly. We would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014a great place for enjoyment. Server was very good- was friendly and interacted well. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- A must seeFoodloverDined on 10/10/2014When visiting Savannah yiu must pay a visit to the Pirates House. Great atmosphere. Be sure and have the Pirate give you a tour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historical Dining ExperienceMelindaDined on 10/9/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at The Pirate House. The food was delicious. My husband said the Pecan Chicken was the best fried chicken he had ever had! The kids enjoyed browsing in the gift shop and we really liked the historical pirate led tour after our meal. I highly recommend this if you are in savannah or staying on Tybee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and a great atmosphere!yumsauceDined on 10/4/2014I took my boyfriend to Pirate's house for his birthday and the food was amazing! His steak was cooked perfectly and the biscuits (with honey butter and orange marmalade) that they bring out with your drinks are addictive. It is a great historical restaurant and is nice enough for a nice date, but casual enough to take your kids out to eat to. It is a little on the loud side, but that fits with the 'pirate-y' atmosphere. The food is kind of expensive for every day eating, but for special occasions it is a good price range. If you make a reservation your wait will only be 10 mins or so even on a really busy night.Special Features:
- JamesDined on 10/4/2014We liked the pirate theme and over all it was a great experience. We will be coming back to Savannah and will without a doubt be eating at this restaurant again. I am a former manager for the AAA National Office and have eaten at many restaurants across the county. I would rate this one at the top of the list of great places to eat.Special Features:
- Unique location but overpriced foodcorduroyDined on 10/3/2014We went here based on review scores we read, but our experience wasn't anywhere near 4+ stars. Both our dinners were in the $23 range (chicken jambalaya and their shrimp/sausage penne special). Neither of us finished our meals, we didn't ask for take home boxes, and we didn't bother ordering dessert (which is dating a lot because we're dessert fiends). Our waiter had practically no personality. When we asked him about the pirate house and the tour we saw going on, we received one word answers. We did end up taking the pirate house tour and that helped redeem some off the value of this restaurant. However, it still doesn't justify the cost of the meals which were more like what i would expect in the 12 dollar range.
- Not disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014We had heard great things about The Pirate's House and we were not disappointed. Our waitress, Pam, was great, very attentive and efficient. The food was delicious, especially the peach ice cream pie! We highly recommend The Pirate's House restaurant.Special Features:
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Went for dinner while in town visiting friends and was very pleased. The food wasn't anything special but it was good. The pirate punch was awesome! And the place itself is so cool with so much history! I would definately recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not2impressedDined on 10/1/2014We knew not to expect too much on the food but the entire evening was barely okay. The waitress and staff were not very well trained and we only went because it was our first time to Savannah and this was supposed to be fun. We won't go back and would not advise our friends to go their either. It felt like a typical tourist trap.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We were visiting Savannah for the first time and made a reservation at the Pirates House. It was wonderful. The food was excellent and the ambiance was exciting. We arrived a half hour early and were taken to our table within 20 minutes, We visited the store and made purchases before dining. The pirate walking through and talking to us was a treat. She was very funny. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMCalifornia123Dined on 9/27/2014Pirate's House is not just a tourist destination. The food is fantastic, the service was outstanding, and the history inside the building was wonderful. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Arg MateyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The female pirate was so very helpful and fun. She completely made the experience. This was our first trip to Savannah, we will be back, with more friends! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant I've been toStevethepirateDined on 9/27/2014Food was pretty good for lunch and the prices were reasonable. Jovan(hope I spelled it right) our waiter was fantastic. Very friendly and informative service. The pirate theme was awesome and when I'm in savannah I'm coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geh47Dined on 9/25/2014Best chicken dinner ever! Great all the way around. Rustic atmosphere with an entertaining pirate who can sing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Was incredible expirience, i love the place, the food and the service , strognly recomend \Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Piratey Good PlaceperkyfoodieDined on 9/22/2014Really great atmosphere. The food is good. Try the fried green tomatoes with the pimento cheese. They're very different and worth trying. There's a pirate running around telling stories about the building and the history of the area. Location and parking are very convenient. I'm glad we ate here on our stay in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!!!Worek213Dined on 9/20/2014I took my husband and our two toddler children out for a surprise dinner, and everything was exceptional!!! The service was fantastic, and the food was delicious!! Our waiter, Steve, made us feel like we were the only table there, and the pirates were a great touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and kid friendlydeliciousDined on 9/20/2014The food was awesome on the buffet line. Way better than Paula Deens. And, the kids love the pirate theme and costume pieces from the menu. Kids menu was quite cheap. We chose buffet but food is more for adults. Make rsvp or might be too busy. The tour could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014A don't miss in savannah, really well done. order the pecan chicken, scrumptous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with a ThememygaljeanDined on 9/19/2014We live near Savannah, and always take our visiting guests to our favorite restaurants in Savannah. The Pirate House is a must for the history, ambiance & theme dining, and good food. The staff (dressed in Pirate garb) were very friendly and came to the table to talk with us. On other occasions we have toured the rooms and I even took a photograph of a pirate ghost sitting on the counter in the kitchen. We hadn't seen him with our eyes, but the photo showed him clearly. This is an excellent choice for a dining experience and our guests are always pleased. There is ample parking at the restaurant so you don't have to search for a parking spot and walk blocks. I recommend the Pirate House highly.Special Features:
- Food a disappointmentGrammyDined on 9/16/2014Seafood augratin was awful, fishy, and nothing close to recipe on original cookbook. bscuits were great but menu is too pricey not to be any better quality than it was. I am a local but felt like it was a tourist trap. our grandson loves the gift shop but will think twice before we dine there again.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsmkakDined on 9/14/2014Front desk manager and house pirate went out of their way to have personal conversations with the adults. They also made our three girls feel like pirate celebrities. Fun atmosphere with the pirate tunnels, pirate hats and fairly simple but tasty food helped us all really enjoy the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014They were amazing! Extremely nice server! Food great! Would defintely visit again!Special Features:
- DisappointingBulldogDined on 9/13/2014I heard many good reviews about this place, including a good friend of mine. It took me about an hour to get there, and was seated immediately. Once we ordered, the food came very quickly. Very surprising. No one was dressed up as pirates and walking around. Not sure if we had bad timing or what since other people have said there were costumed characters around. The food was mediocre. Definitely terribly overpriced. I would say if the menu was half the cost, it would be a good restaurant. I will definitely not return, since it cost me $90 and it was worth about $45. I had the scampi - it was ok and bland. The famous fried chicken was like any other fried chicken but a little sweeter from the pecans. Chicken friend pork was ok.Special Features:
- Food heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014The biscuits were phenomenal!!!! Great wine list, and the fried green tomatoes were the best I've had do far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Have To in Savannah.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The inside of the place is so amazing. Anyone that is new to Savannah should come and dine at this place. I had the fried chicken for my dinner entree and it was delicious. The mango mojito was fresh and very "sneaky". This place is NOT a tourist trap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseGingerVIPDined on 9/11/2014I was expecting a tourist trap and instead we found an incredibly interesting building with the most delicious crabcakes I have ever had including my favorite restaurant in Maryland. All the food was well prepared but the crab cakes were incredible. Our server was pleasant and very knowledgeable about everything in the restaurant as well as Savannah. An overall very wonderful experience in Savannah.Special Features:
- 2nd visitRexmatDined on 9/11/2014Just as good as before. Love the history and the hot biscuits. Hard to beat signature chicken dish!!!Special Features:
- SteveRogersDined on 9/11/2014Excellent cuisine and a neat theme that kids and adults will enjoy.Special Features:
- Tasty at First but too GreasyOkiFoodieDined on 9/11/2014If I wrote this review during the meal, I probably would have given The Pirates House four stars for the food. But then the food sank into our stomachs like a ball of grease and left all of us feeling ill. We had the buffet which includes dessert, but that isn't mentioned on the menu and the waiter did not mention it either. This was probably for the better considering how the rest of the food affected us. The ambiance is nice. There was a gentlemen dressed as a pirate but unfortunately he didn't interact with us except to wave back to our daughter as he was leading a couple on a tour of the building. I wouldn't recommend it to a friend but would tell them about it and our experience so they were aware.
- Pirate's HouseFinediningVIPDined on 9/7/2014Excellent food, timing is everything at the Pirate's House, try to miss the tour buses.Special Features:
- Interesting atmosphere.JennwDined on 9/7/2014Loved the history behind the Pirate's House. Our food was excellent. Enjoyed our waiter even though he was very talkative. Overall enjoyable experience. Worst part was parking because there was a wedding party next door that was taking up all the spaces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousArrgggghDined on 9/7/2014Awesome food friendly staff great history. We will be back especially for the delicious chicken.Special Features: