1320 14th St. Nw
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepigdc.com/
- Phone: 2022902821x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Friday: 11:30 am - 4 pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
Daily, At the Bar, 3:00pm - 7:00pm
Closed for Lunch Monday-Thursday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Barbecue, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Bonk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact Andy Phan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Contact Andy Phan, email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Andy Phan 2026179869x
- Cross Street: 14th between N and Rhode Island
- Public Transit: Red Line, Dupont Circle Metro Location. The Pig is 5 Blocks east and 2 blocks south. Blue & Orange Lines, McPherson Square Metro Location. The Pig is 5 blocks north.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Colonial Parking on P St. between 14th and 15th St. next to Lululemon & Pitango. Washington Plaza Hotel at 14th St. and Thomas Circle. Attended lot on east side of 14th St. between P and Q St. next to Posto.
A word from The Pig
The Pig serves handcrafted food & drink, pork centric and respect the whole animal. We are local and seasonal and feature vegetables from our farm in La Plata MD. Our plates are designed for sharing and are inspired by rustic dishes from around the world. We create unique cocktails and offer American craft beers and eco-friendly wines. We strive to challenge and comfort you. Explore & enjoy the experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Pig - Best Restaurants in Logan Circle ›
The Pig reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (150)neighborhood gem (107)good for groups (73)great for brunch (53)hot spot (42)special occasion (33)great for lunch (30)vibrant bar scene (20)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (16)romantic (11)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Never disappointsWmpiDined on 9/27/2014I've never had a single bad thing here, in fact everything is simply amazing. First time with a big group instead of just one person and it was even better since we got to try more things on the menu. One of my favorite places in all of DC. The bacon wrapped peaches are to die for.Special Features:
- Pig Ears!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/27/2014The stand-out here were the crispy/spicy pig ears served over slaw. Yum!Special Features:
- Fun for dinnerKimbyVIPDined on 9/25/2014I'm a repeat customer at the pig and I'm yet to be disappointed! My boyfriend and I ordered the ham hock for two, which was delicious. There was a lot of fat to scrape through, but that cut of meat is notoriously fatty, so I knew that going in. The skin was perfectly crispy and the meat was tender and juicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kpo219VIPDined on 9/21/2014We were able to get a reservation for a large group for brunch which was great. Overall, the people who had more pork-type products had a better meal (i.e. the pulled pork eggs benedict got high marks when the lumberjack with different sausages and eggs didn't).Special Features:
- Perfect brunch for a Pig-outMatatabooksDined on 9/21/2014A great place to meet forBrunch our party of 6 (including a 4 yr old) had amost enjoyable 2 hrs. We can happily recommend it. Main problem is finding parkingindighbourhood. Next time by taxi or Metro.Special Features:
- Be here nowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Head to tail, top to bottom, a great experience. Cool decor. Professional staff. Dynamite food. I suggest sharing everything family style to try as much as possible. Will be back.Special Features:
- Bad food, good managerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014I went to The Pig expecting great pork and good sides, and only the pork was good. We had the pork shank which was beautifully done, but the rest our dishes were remarkably disappointing. Everything (the swiss chard, the mac and cheese, the tomato salad, and the grilled carrots) was under-seasoned, under-salted, and uninspired but when we our waitress saw that we were unhappy, she sent the manager came over. He handled everything beautifully. I've been places where the restaurant insists that that you're wrong if you complain, but he actually tasted the food, and came back with fresh sides after throwing everything out because complaints were valid. For that, The Pig gets my respect even though the food (even redone) is mediocre at best.
- best resto during our stay in DCVirgieDined on 9/11/2014The Pig was recommended by a friend and when I looked it up I was immediately sold. I booked a reservation for 2 for a Thursday night at 6:45pm on OpenTable. We decided to do the Tasting Menu (served Thurs and Fri only). It was a 5 course meal for $35 using local farm fresh ingredients. So. Yummy! First course was a foie Gras mousse (SUCH A TREAT since foie gras has been banned in my home state of CA) with duck prosciutto. Second course was the only course I had a bit of a problem with as I felt it interrupted the sequence of flavors and the unfolding of the meal, but was root vegetables in a flavorful sauce. Served cold. The third course was an amazing and innovative spin on ramen. Instead of noodles there were thin cut beef cheek..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Name Says it AllOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014This is a neat restaurant following a popular trend, but it won't make my regular rotation. I went with the tapas styles small plates and got the heirloom tomato salad, face bacon, and bacon wrap peaches. My wife got supper-plate (full meal) with the hock, shrimp, polenta and a stewed spinach side. I wish I had ordered like my wife as my meal was rather unbalanced. It lacked a starch and the tomato salad was spiced with red-pepper which made my meal seem rather heavy in total. The bacon wrapped peaches were great, but the face-bacon was basically just meat on a plate. My wife was more pleased with her order. The ambiance is neat and it is in a good location. The menu is a bit adventurous and daunting.Special Features:
- Ooops mistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2014Lovely servers, nice vibe, terrible food (from a Midwest sausage junkie no less), tries hard, but misses. And overpriced. Terribly. Please dears, try to do sausages that speak to us, from traditional flavors, rather than youthful inspirations that go nowhere. And don't be greedy. Sorry.
- Great for brunchFoodJunkieVIPDined on 8/24/2014We had a rough start with the hostess - she messed up our reservation and did not connect our 'group' of people leaving half our group at 2 different tables. This has never happened and was totally a mistake on the hostess part. The waitress was amazing and patient and more than made up for the host staff. The food was good, portions large, coffee great. Bummed that bacon wrapped peaches/apriocot only available at dinner. We all ordered different dishes and the food came promptly. We will go back again and suggest this to others.Special Features:
- more sausage board!aliasykoDined on 8/21/2014it was delicious! face bacon and sausage board were super good. so was the mac and cheese. service was good, well timed, and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food & Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Went for restaurant week, and could not finish all the food! Started with a delicious amuse of cold, corn soup topped with bacon and tomatoes. Highly recommend the cheek, bacon-wrapped peaches, swim and wallow, and the toffee dessert - all unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent2oldfoodiesDined on 8/16/2014Some of the names of the menu selections were scary to me; e.g., blood pudding; but my husband loved it. I even tried his "cheek" dish and it was excellent. I chose the "safe" shrimp and beef medallion dish which was also excellent. We loved our waitress--she was so sweet and helpful. My husband asked her to choose a meal for him from the "restaurant week" selections, and he loved her choices. We will definitely go back there.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceEvaChristinaDined on 8/15/2014I booked this table quite last-minute for a group of 7...ultimately ended up being 9 people. The hostesses were very accommodating to my multiple reservation changes during restaurant week. We're a group a mid-twenty year-olds and honestly had such a great night. The food was TO DIE FOR, I had the heirloom tomato salad with pork belly, pig cheeks for my main, and sticky toffee pudding for dessert. All nine of us couldn't stop raving about our experience the whole weekend. Will definitely be returning, hopefully soon. Jason was a wonderful server as well! Thanks to all who contributed to a fabulous night!Special Features:
- Pleasantly Suprised!NeemagirlDined on 8/15/2014Very spacious and clean! The staff are super friendly. I didn't know what to expect. This is not a barbecue place, but rather a place to try all parts of the pig. We tried the buttermilk biscuits with honey butter...mmmm mmmm good, the donut holes, pulled pork Benedict, cheek and eggs, the pork blood chocolate mousse dessert ( amazing), and the sticky toffee bread pudding ( a must have)!! The presentation of the food was very inviting and everything was very flavorful!! I will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughtful Food, and PresentationSPG123Dined on 8/14/2014Thoughtful food with creative presentation! Our table of four thoroughly enjoyed our shared dishes, and the presentation made it all the more enjoyable! Favorites would be the pig ears (with a nice heat and chopsticks!), meatballs with gnudi, foie tortellini and, the amazing spectacle- a crispy pigs head, complete with sparklers! Really a fun dinner that made me feel like a kid again- in an awesome way. Dessert rounded out a really delicious and fun dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A foodies paradiseKelajoDined on 8/14/2014This is my favorite DC restaurant. The prices are way to low for the quality of food served here. The staff is always pleasant and extremely knowledgeable of the menu. I've tried almost everything on the menu and EVERYTHING is great. My favorite is the face bacon, it is sinfully delicious!! It melts in your mouth instantly and is gone way to soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for foodiesthomseniteDined on 8/12/2014The Pig will introduce you to old favorites (ribs, loin, chop) like you've never had them before and make you fall in love with tails, cheeks, jowls and everything else you never knew you needed to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything PigbzfoodieVIPDined on 8/12/2014The Pig as the name says serves everything pig you can think of. The pig's cheek, bacon butter with bread, and pork wrapped in bacon were the best items. Ribs were ok.Special Features:
- Get some pig and some moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014This place keeps it creative when finding ways to get pork into dishes. The face bacon is so incredibly tender it's like a pat of soft butter on your tongue. Plus, the produce comes from the restaurant's own farm. Ask for a dish with catnip.Special Features:
- The Carnivore's DelightKitkatDined on 8/11/2014This has been my best Restaurant Week experience thus far. Service was friendly, unrushed, well-paced. And the food was FANTASTIC. I also really appreciate the restaurant group's philosophy, respecting and using the entire animal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2014Good food. Very good service. Solid restaurant for DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork!!!!!DonnaDined on 8/10/2014Mac and Cheese was awesome. Face Bacon a must try. Wild boar was excellentSpecial Features:
- We'll definitely be back!lindsaysarahVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great service, awesome bar program/drinks, and the food was mostly good. I decided to be adventurous and try the Thai-themed tasting menu, which was probably a mistake; the salad was pretty awful and the dessert left a lot to be desired, but the rest was pretty good. Again, I think I would have been happy sticking to the regular menu and that's what I'll do when I go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!ZacharyDined on 8/9/2014The Pig was great for brunch and easily accommodated our group of 7. Service was exceptional and timely. I highly recommend their house Bloody Mary - super spicy and delicious.Special Features:
- Truly Differentjpr14Dined on 8/6/2014The menu is different than any other BBQ restaurant and was done very well. A memorable experience for meat lovers.Special Features:
- Absolutely FAB!Jules22Dined on 8/5/2014I am from out of town and came here with a colleague. We were charmed by the rustic interior. The staff from the beginning to the end were very kind and informative on all things. The food was tremendous. A great variety of tastes. Great prices and the serving sizes were just perfect. Really enjoyed sharing plates. Highly, highly, highly recommend!Special Features:
- Unique menul1680Dined on 8/3/2014The food was excellent! I myself do not eat pork, but the non pork options were very tasty and my friends who did enjoy the pork dishes raved about them. The service was excellent, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!freckledbeautyDined on 8/2/2014I love pork so I was really excited to eat at here and it did not disappoint! The waitress was so friendly and always there when we needed her. Our water pitcher was never empty! I am still dreaming about the BBQ pig tails and sticky toffee pudding! Don't go here without getting the sticky toffee pudding! Additionally, the PBJ butter was absolutely FANTASTIC! My boyfriend and I are definitely going back on our next DC visit :)Special Features:
- Great dinnerKimbyVIPDined on 8/1/2014This was my second time dining at The Pig and I really enjoyed it. I ordered the bacon wrapped peaches and the pork cheek. Both were delicious and this was easily enough food to leave me satisfied. My boyfriend ordered the pulled pork plate with mac and cheese and cole slaw, which was very good as well. Service was good and the food came out quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad to say disappointingGeorgeVIPDined on 7/28/2014I went on Monday night which is BBQ night. I'm sure it is noted somewhere on their website, but even if it is, it seems they should have their main menu available as well. None of the more interesting food on the normal menu was available. If I'd wanted to go to a BBQ restaurant, I would have chosen one. We ordered the meal for two. The meat was cold and a bit greasy. For a place that has BBQ night, they had sauces but no mustard and vinegar; one of the main sauce in the "sauce wars". The okra had a tough corn meal coating; unpleasant to chew and completely obscured the okra. The slaw was good as were the cucumbers, but the corn bread could easily have been served as pound cake it was so sweet. Service was pleasant and efficient.
- Pork Heaven!TomCDined on 7/26/2014We came here for brunch and enjoyed everything that we ordered (The Big Pig, Face Bacon, Biscuits, Pork Shoulder and Eggs, Pork Blood Chocolate Pudding). The entree portions are quite generous. However, the dinner menu appears to have more interesting options than the brunch menu. I guess I'll have to come back for dinner some time.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!grumptreeDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I have gone to The Pig a few times for brunch and always loved it! That being the case, we were eager to try it for dinner (we're from out of town so we can't go as often as we'd like). We started with a plate of their restaurant-made fresh pickles, which consisted of gherkins, onions, and daikon radishes. All excellent, and paired nicely with our draft Bold Rock Cider! Then for entrees, I had the burger with "face bacon" and a side of truffle mac & cheese (which we split), and my husband had the chop. Everything was superb, the pork chop melted in your mouth, and the burger was perfection! Finished the meal with a split sticky toffee pudding that was absolutely fantastic! Service was friendly and attentive! Will be back!! :)Special Features:
- YumChem1tchrDined on 7/25/2014You must get the face bacon and truffle Mac and cheese... Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TashboogieTashboogie215Dined on 7/23/2014Great happy hour spot. I recently had dinner and the peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream was a great way to end the night. Delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork Heaven!MmfdcVIPDined on 7/22/2014First - ask for the server Jesse as he will ensure you have a rip roaring time, he has great attention to detail, and steers you to the best of the menu and libations. Pork creations are delicious, inventive and seasonal- arugula salad with peaches and pork belly was a hit. Pork shank delicious every time we order it, its always different and always great. Nice lemonades for those not imbibing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome pigTheGoodLifeVIPDined on 7/16/2014Try the small pig dishes. 2 per person is great! We also really liked the mustard greens.Special Features:
- Both excellent food and service.HappyDined on 7/16/2014A friend was visiting from South Carolina so we decided to try The Pig. What a great idea. The food was excellent and our waiter, Jesse, made our dining experience fantastic. He offered to right level of interaction and was one of the most friendly and attentive wait staff experiences I've had in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheeks!?luv2cookDined on 7/12/2014Had never had cheeks until dinner here, as reluctant as i was, they were fantastic. Other top hits: carnitas, face bacon (yes, face) and the cauliflower. Can't go wrong with a side of mac n cheese topped withntruffle breadcrumbs- yum! Menu is conducive to plate sharing , well worth doing that to try many unusual dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.