1320 14th St. Nw
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepigdc.com/
- Phone: 2022902821x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Friday: 11:30 am - 4 pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
Daily, At the Bar, 3:00pm - 7:00pm
Closed for Lunch Monday-Thursday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Barbecue, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Bonk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact Andy Phan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Contact Andy Phan, email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Andy Phan 2026179869x
- Cross Street: 14th between N and Rhode Island
- Public Transit: Red Line, Dupont Circle Metro Location. The Pig is 5 Blocks east and 2 blocks south. Blue & Orange Lines, McPherson Square Metro Location. The Pig is 5 blocks north.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Colonial Parking on P St. between 14th and 15th St. next to Lululemon & Pitango. Washington Plaza Hotel at 14th St. and Thomas Circle. Attended lot on east side of 14th St. between P and Q St. next to Posto.
A word from The Pig
The Pig serves handcrafted food & drink, pork centric and respect the whole animal. We are local and seasonal and feature vegetables from our farm in La Plata MD. Our plates are designed for sharing and are inspired by rustic dishes from around the world. We create unique cocktails and offer American craft beers and eco-friendly wines. We strive to challenge and comfort you. Explore & enjoy the experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Pig - Best Restaurants in Logan Circle ›
The Pig reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (163)neighborhood gem (117)good for groups (89)great for brunch (59)hot spot (49)special occasion (42)great for lunch (41)vibrant bar scene (24)kid-friendly (19)romantic (14)late-night find (12)notable wine list (5)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Delicious Food & Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Went for restaurant week, and could not finish all the food! Started with a delicious amuse of cold, corn soup topped with bacon and tomatoes. Highly recommend the cheek, bacon-wrapped peaches, swim and wallow, and the toffee dessert - all unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Some of the names of the menu selections were scary to me; e.g., blood pudding; but my husband loved it. I even tried his "cheek" dish and it was excellent. I chose the "safe" shrimp and beef medallion dish which was also excellent. We loved our waitress--she was so sweet and helpful. My husband asked her to choose a meal for him from the "restaurant week" selections, and he loved her choices. We will definitely go back there.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceEvaChristinaDined on 8/15/2014I booked this table quite last-minute for a group of 7...ultimately ended up being 9 people. The hostesses were very accommodating to my multiple reservation changes during restaurant week. We're a group a mid-twenty year-olds and honestly had such a great night. The food was TO DIE FOR, I had the heirloom tomato salad with pork belly, pig cheeks for my main, and sticky toffee pudding for dessert. All nine of us couldn't stop raving about our experience the whole weekend. Will definitely be returning, hopefully soon. Jason was a wonderful server as well! Thanks to all who contributed to a fabulous night!Special Features:
- Pleasantly Suprised!NeemagirlDined on 8/15/2014Very spacious and clean! The staff are super friendly. I didn't know what to expect. This is not a barbecue place, but rather a place to try all parts of the pig. We tried the buttermilk biscuits with honey butter...mmmm mmmm good, the donut holes, pulled pork Benedict, cheek and eggs, the pork blood chocolate mousse dessert ( amazing), and the sticky toffee bread pudding ( a must have)!! The presentation of the food was very inviting and everything was very flavorful!! I will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughtful Food, and PresentationSPG123Dined on 8/14/2014Thoughtful food with creative presentation! Our table of four thoroughly enjoyed our shared dishes, and the presentation made it all the more enjoyable! Favorites would be the pig ears (with a nice heat and chopsticks!), meatballs with gnudi, foie tortellini and, the amazing spectacle- a crispy pigs head, complete with sparklers! Really a fun dinner that made me feel like a kid again- in an awesome way. Dessert rounded out a really delicious and fun dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A foodies paradiseKelajoDined on 8/14/2014This is my favorite DC restaurant. The prices are way to low for the quality of food served here. The staff is always pleasant and extremely knowledgeable of the menu. I've tried almost everything on the menu and EVERYTHING is great. My favorite is the face bacon, it is sinfully delicious!! It melts in your mouth instantly and is gone way to soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for foodiesthomseniteDined on 8/12/2014The Pig will introduce you to old favorites (ribs, loin, chop) like you've never had them before and make you fall in love with tails, cheeks, jowls and everything else you never knew you needed to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get some pig and some moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014This place keeps it creative when finding ways to get pork into dishes. The face bacon is so incredibly tender it's like a pat of soft butter on your tongue. Plus, the produce comes from the restaurant's own farm. Ask for a dish with catnip.Special Features:
- The Carnivore's DelightKitkatDined on 8/11/2014This has been my best Restaurant Week experience thus far. Service was friendly, unrushed, well-paced. And the food was FANTASTIC. I also really appreciate the restaurant group's philosophy, respecting and using the entire animal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2014Good food. Very good service. Solid restaurant for DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork!!!!!DonnaDined on 8/10/2014Mac and Cheese was awesome. Face Bacon a must try. Wild boar was excellentSpecial Features:
- We'll definitely be back!lindsaysarahVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great service, awesome bar program/drinks, and the food was mostly good. I decided to be adventurous and try the Thai-themed tasting menu, which was probably a mistake; the salad was pretty awful and the dessert left a lot to be desired, but the rest was pretty good. Again, I think I would have been happy sticking to the regular menu and that's what I'll do when I go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!ZacharyDined on 8/9/2014The Pig was great for brunch and easily accommodated our group of 7. Service was exceptional and timely. I highly recommend their house Bloody Mary - super spicy and delicious.Special Features:
- Truly Differentjpr14Dined on 8/6/2014The menu is different than any other BBQ restaurant and was done very well. A memorable experience for meat lovers.Special Features:
- Absolutely FAB!Jules22Dined on 8/5/2014I am from out of town and came here with a colleague. We were charmed by the rustic interior. The staff from the beginning to the end were very kind and informative on all things. The food was tremendous. A great variety of tastes. Great prices and the serving sizes were just perfect. Really enjoyed sharing plates. Highly, highly, highly recommend!Special Features:
- Unique menul1680Dined on 8/3/2014The food was excellent! I myself do not eat pork, but the non pork options were very tasty and my friends who did enjoy the pork dishes raved about them. The service was excellent, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!freckledbeautyDined on 8/2/2014I love pork so I was really excited to eat at here and it did not disappoint! The waitress was so friendly and always there when we needed her. Our water pitcher was never empty! I am still dreaming about the BBQ pig tails and sticky toffee pudding! Don't go here without getting the sticky toffee pudding! Additionally, the PBJ butter was absolutely FANTASTIC! My boyfriend and I are definitely going back on our next DC visit :)Special Features:
- Great dinnerKimbyVIPDined on 8/1/2014This was my second time dining at The Pig and I really enjoyed it. I ordered the bacon wrapped peaches and the pork cheek. Both were delicious and this was easily enough food to leave me satisfied. My boyfriend ordered the pulled pork plate with mac and cheese and cole slaw, which was very good as well. Service was good and the food came out quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad to say disappointingGeorgeVIPDined on 7/28/2014I went on Monday night which is BBQ night. I'm sure it is noted somewhere on their website, but even if it is, it seems they should have their main menu available as well. None of the more interesting food on the normal menu was available. If I'd wanted to go to a BBQ restaurant, I would have chosen one. We ordered the meal for two. The meat was cold and a bit greasy. For a place that has BBQ night, they had sauces but no mustard and vinegar; one of the main sauce in the "sauce wars". The okra had a tough corn meal coating; unpleasant to chew and completely obscured the okra. The slaw was good as were the cucumbers, but the corn bread could easily have been served as pound cake it was so sweet. Service was pleasant and efficient.
- Pork Heaven!TomCDined on 7/26/2014We came here for brunch and enjoyed everything that we ordered (The Big Pig, Face Bacon, Biscuits, Pork Shoulder and Eggs, Pork Blood Chocolate Pudding). The entree portions are quite generous. However, the dinner menu appears to have more interesting options than the brunch menu. I guess I'll have to come back for dinner some time.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!grumptreeDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I have gone to The Pig a few times for brunch and always loved it! That being the case, we were eager to try it for dinner (we're from out of town so we can't go as often as we'd like). We started with a plate of their restaurant-made fresh pickles, which consisted of gherkins, onions, and daikon radishes. All excellent, and paired nicely with our draft Bold Rock Cider! Then for entrees, I had the burger with "face bacon" and a side of truffle mac & cheese (which we split), and my husband had the chop. Everything was superb, the pork chop melted in your mouth, and the burger was perfection! Finished the meal with a split sticky toffee pudding that was absolutely fantastic! Service was friendly and attentive! Will be back!! :)Special Features:
- YumChem1tchrDined on 7/25/2014You must get the face bacon and truffle Mac and cheese... Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TashboogieTashboogie215Dined on 7/23/2014Great happy hour spot. I recently had dinner and the peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream was a great way to end the night. Delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork Heaven!MmfdcVIPDined on 7/22/2014First - ask for the server Jesse as he will ensure you have a rip roaring time, he has great attention to detail, and steers you to the best of the menu and libations. Pork creations are delicious, inventive and seasonal- arugula salad with peaches and pork belly was a hit. Pork shank delicious every time we order it, its always different and always great. Nice lemonades for those not imbibing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome pigTheGoodLifeVIPDined on 7/16/2014Try the small pig dishes. 2 per person is great! We also really liked the mustard greens.Special Features:
- Both excellent food and service.HappyDined on 7/16/2014A friend was visiting from South Carolina so we decided to try The Pig. What a great idea. The food was excellent and our waiter, Jesse, made our dining experience fantastic. He offered to right level of interaction and was one of the most friendly and attentive wait staff experiences I've had in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheeks!?luv2cookDined on 7/12/2014Had never had cheeks until dinner here, as reluctant as i was, they were fantastic. Other top hits: carnitas, face bacon (yes, face) and the cauliflower. Can't go wrong with a side of mac n cheese topped withntruffle breadcrumbs- yum! Menu is conducive to plate sharing , well worth doing that to try many unusual dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodEatingoutVIPDined on 7/10/2014I've been to the pig a few times and wanted to like it more than I did. This time however the food lived up to what I expected. And great, unique drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love for The PigMQAvatarDined on 7/6/2014After half a dozen visits, The Pig has become one of my go-tos for visiting friends. Their nose-to-tail approach to their menu is delicious and fun for groups (order the Big Pig charcuterie board), it's novel (Face Bacon is a must order), and their service is friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is relaxed. The exposed brick and heritage alcohol tax signs are nice touches.Special Features:
- Good dining experiencekraeheDined on 7/6/2014I emailed ahead about my food allergies and they were able to accommodate them, with one small slip that was immediately and cheerfully fixed. I would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunch foodakd108Dined on 7/6/2014our party had the specials of the day and the bacon wrapped pork loin w eggs was absolutely fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodfederalDined on 7/5/2014We loved the pork dishes and desserts. The pickles were Barry pickled, though. Also, please offer more whole grain options (whole grain bread, etc).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday brunch spotTRRSVIPDined on 7/5/2014Excellent find on 14th street, fun brunch spot that isn't a 2 hour wait or packed. Good for smaller groups that enjoy food as much as a few mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we wentLocafoodieDined on 7/4/2014The Pig is fantastic. Inventive delicious food and such a fun experience. Don't miss the housemade pickles and swine butter; face bacon was phenonomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NC 4th VisitorsNCBBQcityDined on 7/3/2014The food was great. Friendly staff, the Chef visited our table twice during the evening. Great vegetables. We will visit next trip to DCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesAndyDined on 7/3/2014I have never had a bad meal or service at The Pig. The is consistent and tasty. Service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ Pop UpOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/30/2014We think the Sunday and Monday BBQ is a great Idea. we Loved the Pork Belly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great servicediointhecityDined on 6/28/2014Locally sourced produce and meat, nothing goes to waste, almost everything made onsite and in-house. The food was amazing, priced right and I'm totally going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pig!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Had a few items in the list because I wante to try as much as possible. The pork cheek was especially delicious, as was the carnitas salad! My friend had the hickory BBQ pulled pork and I snagged a bite - very well done! All around great meal with a great staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal at The Piglindz0722Dined on 6/24/2014I've been here a few times and have rarely been disappointed. Their menu has changed focus a few times, and I think has taken a recent turn for the better. My go-to dishes of the amazing mac and cheese and face bacon are still there, but recent additions to the salad menu and new, more adventurous small plates add to a complete dinner. The heirloom tomato and burrata salad was delicious (though tiny!), as were the bacon-wrapped peaches. Don't miss happy hour; there's a full menu at the bar, and a Small Pig plate with some bread and drinks will more than satisfy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.