The Pickle & Turnip
827 Franklin Street
Michigan City, IN 46360Neighborhood:
Michigan City, IN
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
The Pickle & Turnip
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepickleandturnip.com/
- Phone: 2198711223x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday 4PM - 9PM
Friday - Saturday 4 PM- 11 PM
Sunday 4 PM - 9 PM
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Pickle & Turnip
Located in the dowtown area of Michigan City, The Pickle & Turnip offers a contemporary mediterranean cuisine in a vibrant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Pickle & Turnip - Best Restaurants in Michigan City, IN ›
The Pickle & Turnip reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (18)hot spot (9)notable wine list (9)good for groups (8)great for lunch (8)special occasion (7)romantic (7)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Delicious and FlavorfulHulaDined on 7/9/2014Food was amazing and flavorful. Menu options were perfect balance. I dined with a group of 6 and we tried so many options and everything was very good. Definitely recommend you stop in. Go early and spend some time in the Uptown Arts District shopping before dinner. There are so many unique shops/boutiques/art galleries. We had a reservation for 7PM on Wednesday night. Definitely make a reservation. I didn't expect it to be so busy mid-week. Must be that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new but not improved.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014The restaurant ran out of 3 items we ordered on the menu. it was holiday wknd so they should anticipate the crowd properly. The same restaurant under the name Sahara did better I think. we requested one item not listed on the menu and it was prepared for us and it was the best we have tasted so far, so ask the wait staff and they may comply to your requestsSpecial Features:
- ligsterVIPDined on 7/5/2014Pita bread was horrid..no taste to appetizers- out of may dishes
- Wonderful foodFoodieNoviceDined on 7/5/2014The food is amazing and the service is sincere. Beer and wine list is decent with a fair choice of dark beer. Shawarma and salads are excellent although salads are a little heavy with the dressing (I get mine on the side). Overall, I love this restaurant and it's right in the middle of the Art's district, so on first fridays when you have a longer wait you can always check out the shops while you wait.Special Features:
- great gem - awesome foodebowDined on 6/28/2014Had a wonderful time with terrific Mediterranean food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fantasticNomadVIPDined on 6/27/2014This restaurant is excellent. The beet salad and the avocado salad are amazing. The gyro is the best I've ever had. The two people with us that had the lamb chops said that they were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- baileyDined on 6/22/2014Delicious, fresh tasting middle eastern food. Great service.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/20/2014Good food for the neighborhood. Service was great!
- Everything is awesomeIndianapatDined on 6/17/2014I started out with the babaganoush, I had an arugula and beet salad (two of my favorite vegetables) with feta cheese and walnuts, I ordered the special: a ribeye steak cooked to perfection and some french fries topped off with a couple of Three Floyds Robert the Bruce ales. My wife ordered the Gyros dinner (some of which I ate for lunch the next day)and a couple of Lebanese beers. The food was great.The service was excellent, I got to watch the World Cup projected over the bar, the chef came to check on how I like my steak. We had a great time and will visit again soon.Special Features:
- Terrific Mediterranean Fooddiva614Dined on 6/16/2014Fantastic food in a wonderful storefront location. The Pickle & Turnip is great for small plates or for entrees. Good beer and wine list that is moderately priced. Moe (the owner) has outdone himself with this location. You can always count on the freshest of foods and knowledgeable and friendly waitstaff.Special Features:
- Great find in new locationgetout2eatDined on 6/13/2014Traveling thru Michigan City it was great to find a place for a dinner with an interesting menu, great service and cool ambiance. Always good to see old premises revived and re-purposed. A bonus to enjoy a really good meal there.Special Features:
- LOVEReebs14Dined on 6/9/2014Food is amazing!!! Love the inside of the place and moe is such a nice guy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to have this in our town!love2dineDined on 6/6/2014SO glad that this restaurant is in the Town of Michigan City. I love the Small business one owner type of restaurants. One owner restaurants are unique, one of a kind and this particular one is Awesome! Clean, wonderful food, great staff and a wonderful location. The owner Moe is always around asking everyone if everything is OK. He really cares about making his customers happy. Beer and wine and my favorite salad in town the Avocado salad. If you love Avocado, Lemon and red onion, you should try this! Everything I have tried has been fabulous!Special Features:
- SandyDined on 6/6/2014My favorite place to dine in Michigan City. Mo does a wonderful job---subtle flavors. You taste the spices, but they do not overwhelm you. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for Picky EatersredsparrowDined on 5/31/2014My friends and I have very particular diets- namely, none of us eat sugar, and my friends can't eat processed carbs either. This often makes dining out difficult. At The Pickle & Turnip, however, our waitress was very happy to accommodate by bringing us bowl after bowl of cucumber slices (at no extra charge) in lieu of pita for our dips, and there were plenty of options on the menu for us to try. Overall it was a fun, casually refined experience, and I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Top 10 from TripadvisorSaute4uVIPDined on 5/23/2014We went based on the rating from trip advisor. The service was great, recommendations spot on, food quality and favor 5 star, and the owner coming out to personally connect with his diners was a Michelin star touch. Not that the huge portions are a complaint, but you can share if there is more than one person. If you are solo you will have left overs. Beet Salad awesome, lemon vin. great, gyro meat yummmy, The lamb patti as a queso was on the dry side, we didn't get to request temp so make sure you do medium. Will Def. return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love p&tantiporceDined on 5/22/2014The new location is wonderful, same great food. My favorite Mediterranean restaurant. Great food and wine. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More PerfectRegionnaireDined on 5/21/2014My dinner companion was very late for a late-scheduled reservation, and the staff was unbelievably generous. We were never rushed, and the food was spectacular. It was late on a Wednesday, so I can only say that it was "quiet," but I'm not sure that will be true when it's a full house. I would have checked many more of the criteria above, but I'm not sure Moe will be offering lunch, brunch, etc. I loved Sahara, and I'm very excited about The Pickle, and wish Moe and his staff much success. He brings a delicious and singular culinary contribution to the Region.Special Features:
- The following 2 reviews are from the The Pickle & Turnip reviews archive.
- A must try spot!Brittcog5Dined on 5/17/2014We made a reservation and were promptly seated when we arrived. After enjoying a complimentary dish and two appetizers, my husband and I took a while to decide on our dinner order, but our server was happy to frequent our table until we were finally ready to order. Even though the restaurant was fairly busy, we did not have a long wait for our dinners to be brought out. I had a favorite dish that was no longer on the menu, but something I had fallen in love with at their previous location. They were happy to make it for me and it was amazing as ever. My husband ordered a Gyro platter that could have fed 3 men it was so huge! We left full, and quite happy! Great service, amazing food, a relaxing space, larger wine and beer menu. Perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The Pickle and Turnip is the best food in town. I am a health nut girl and would recommend it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.