The Phoenix Restaurant
594 NE Bellevue Drive
Bend, OR 97701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Phoenix Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bendphoenix.com/
- Phone: 5413170727x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Executive Chef: Matt Dimond
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from The Phoenix Restaurant
As "a restaurant for everyone", we invite you to our casual yet lively home. Like a family, we serve "every" taste from good hearty food like our homemade soups, quality meat Reuben & Phoenix dip sandwiches, fish & chips, meatloaf with mushroom gravy, & fall-off-the-bone ribs, to our healthy salads (six of them!). For the discriminating crowd, we serve Double R Ranch filets, soy-glazed salmon, chicken or veal marsala or piccata & shrimp with angel hair pasta pomadora. We love our Central Oregon family of cowboys & farmers, artsy urban folks, & our California & Washington transplants, all love our NW Pacific seafood, hearty home made preparations & fresh greens. Our bar / lounge also serves local microbrews, NW wines & exciting cocktails. Outdoor patio is available for all to enjoy with saxophone music Mondays & Tuesdays starting July 5. Our servers are loved by us. That means you will be loved with great service & appreciation. Come visit, we’ll take good care of you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Phoenix Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)kid-friendly (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (1)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- DeliciousNatty9Dined on 10/14/2014My fiancé and I ordered the black pepper crusted filet mignon and chicken parmesan. Both were amazing. The jack daniels sauce with the filet mignon was to die for and tasted great with everything. I definitely recommend The Phoenix.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu for all tastesEGC2005Dined on 8/23/2014The Phoenix accommodated our group of 9 at the last minute, which was much appreciated. There's a good bit of variety on the menu for all tastes; no one had trouble finding something to eat! The server was attentive, the recipes had a nice touch that made them not-your-standard-fare (crimini mushrooms in the meatloaf gravy) and the portions were plentiful while not being overwhelming. The Phoenix ambiance feels a lot like your standard chain restaurant but the food was much better, and they easily handled my four-year-old.Special Features:
- RanchBDined on 8/2/2014Great find on Open table. Didn't know the restaurant was in this neighborhood. Good halibut fish and chips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014There were 8 in our party; and my only complaint was a 'service charge' in ADDITION to the expected group gratuity charge. The food and servide was great and they accomodated our group, which was their last of the night. We felt no pressure to leave and the food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurOakDined on 7/25/2014Eat there at least once a week! Love it for lunch and dinner. Just took out of town house guests. They loves it also.Special Features:
- Good (possibly great) restaurantFrequentdinersDined on 7/23/2014We eat out at least 100 nights per year and recognize great restaurants' superior qualities as well as their occasional mishaps and everyday challenges. The quality is definitely here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 43 reviews are from the The Phoenix Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great placedrosen32Dined on 5/10/2014I took my mom there for dinner Saturday, May 10. Good food and service. The prices are very reasonable and the owner is very personable. I'll go there again when I'm in Bend.Special Features:
- Great find in BendbwdottsDined on 4/27/2014First time in Bend; chose the Phoenix because it was listed in Open Table. Nice décor, great food, good price. The staff was wonderful, especially the manager. Will definitely return the next time we are in Bend.Special Features:
- Excellent choiceJeanDined on 4/20/2014We frequently visit The Phoenix for lunch and decided that we wanted to have brunch as well. We made and excellent choice.Special Features:
- okay but noisynightoutDined on 4/9/2014Host very nice and helpful. Chose restaurant as we had a larger group and had used back room before. That night though it was very noisy with two other larger groups in room. Made it very hard to hear conversations more than the person across or next to you. Service was good and food was good too.Special Features:
- Nice TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014We come mostly for special occasions. We love the food and service. We adore kids, but during these times we would prefer a section a bit more romantic and quiet.. for couples. Not just the bar. Great service!! Such an awesome job on the food.. keep up the good work and thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value !dp2skiDined on 3/29/2014Great food at affordable price. My wife had the well vodka martini just $4.50 I thought it was Kettle One !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday partygolfqueenDined on 3/18/2014We were a group of 9 ladies out for a friend's birthday lunch. As the organizer, I tried to be specific as to our number and due to this or that we went from 12 to 9 on the day of the party. Our server was very understanding of our situation and was very considerate. We had a very complicated order as some shared pizzas and added soup while others had different specific wishes.Our server was very good with detail, always kind and friendly. We were in a special room that is slightly away from the main dining area and there was another group already there. I was pleasantly surprised that we got great service even though there was another large group that day. The menu was varied and had something for everyone! Will come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodTwillDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I have had dinner here quite a few times and have always had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningBabsJDined on 2/14/2014We had the perfect Valentine's Day dinner. The food and service were excellent. All the ladies received a long stem red rose. That was a very nice touch. Lovely evening. We'll definitely go back. I hear they have a great prime rib dip sandwich for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but spendyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Food was pretty good, comparable to other local restaurants, it was more on the expensive side. For the prices of the main course dishes it would have been nice if the small side salads before the main course would have been included instead of being a seperate charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Good Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014The service was great. The food was good just wish you get a little more for the price and the dinner should include the salad. Overall would definitely recommend going here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great food!ORSBDined on 1/15/2014There aren't many restaurants that have great service AND great food for a reasonable price. They made us feel like family and served a fabulous meal! Do not miss this terrific restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great drinks, great serRudyDined on 1/11/2014A wonderful place to dine out and watch a football game. Awesome service!!Special Features:
- The Phoenix Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The people who work at The Phoenix in Bend, OR are the nicest group of people I have encountered while dining out in Bend. The food is outstanding. We don't believe we could find better food in Bend. The pricing is always very reasonable and we liked the fact we could have our own special bottle of wine uncorked for a $10 fee. We also love going to the happy hour!Special Features:
- Great All AroundFeedTheBeastDined on 12/25/2013friendly crew that works here! The hostess was kind upon entering, had our table for our reservation ready. The server was a nice guy not stuffy or fake. The manager made a point to come by our table as well to check on us. The food was really good and had that homemade feel to it. Not a gourmet or fancy place but it is modern, clean and honestly nicer that I expected. I would come back here next time I am in Bend for sure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a chopped salad andfellowdaVIPDined on 12/24/2013I had a chopped salad and the parmesan crusted halibut special dinner. The salad was excellent and for the entree the fish had good flavor but was a little overdone and dry, the mashed potatoes and green beans were good.Special Features:
- RegularsRegularsDined on 12/15/2013Phoenix always meets our expectations. The staff are wonderful and treat us like family. Food for both kids and adults is fresh, delivered timely, and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best meal we have had!ORSBDined on 12/14/2013Everything is incredible! Starting with the fresh bread all the way through dessert, the food was incredible. The baked artichoke spinach dip was the best we have ever had. And the service was as wonderful as the food. Don't miss this place! With a wide variety of tasty offerings you can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timedecbirthdaysDined on 12/13/2013The staff was fun and Happy. Acted like they wanted to be there. The food was great. I had ask for a quiet seat as we were older and hearing impaired and it finally got so noisy we had to leave as we could no longer visit. I would still go back. Most restaurants that we go to now are way to noisy for our comfort. Not sure why people need noise. It was not a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phoenix AssetsTeddDined on 11/15/2013Very good food, drinks and service-one of our favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- took a very special personcountrybredDined on 11/6/2013took a very special person here for our first date and the choice to come here foe that occasion was the best decision. It was amazing and the food was just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Eating Here!Fun4LesDined on 11/4/2013Good food, good service, good ambiance, let's eat. We eat here quite often and have enjoyed everything that we have ordered,Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour!louiegourmetDined on 10/18/2013The Phoenix has a great happy hour menu and is reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time failedLuceDined on 10/18/2013My friend ordered the blackened salmon sandwich, but was served a tuna melt instead. After we brought this to the server's attention, she noted that oops, she had written down 2 tunas instead of one of each. My friend graciously accepted the mistake and the sandwich (plus to wait for another to be prepared, we would have had to wait a longer period of time, and we had already had the slowest service I have ever experienced to date at this restaurant.) Was quite surprised that no accommodation was made, no discount, no offer (to her only) for a free dessert...nothing. My friends and my husband and I eat quite often at the Phoenix and I am disappointed at the failure to recognize this problem.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedfirsttimeDined on 9/12/2013We decided to try the Phoenix for our Anniversary dinner, after checking out menus and prices of other restaurants. the service was excellent. We were greeted promptly and seated quickly. The prices were moderate. The service was attentive and very good. The chicken Marsala was very good. My husband had the meatloaf and was very happy with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "go-to" restaurantLindaDined on 5/11/2013I love The Phoenix for a pre- or post-movie dinner with friends. We were going to a movie across the street and enjoyed and nice meal with a glass of wine and still had plenty of time to get to the movie. Staff is always very pleasant, prices are fair and food is very good.Special Features:
- Service was excellent, fastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Service was excellent, fast and friendly. The food was outstanding, will definately return. Top of the list place to eat.Special Features:
- While the food was good, thestevemarseattleVIPDined on 3/20/2013While the food was good, the service was only fair. It took over 40 minutes to receive my entree. Other diners that came in after me, ordered, ate and left before I was served my entree- a sirloin steak. The waitress never checked on me to let me know what the delay was.
- A great place... Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2013A great place... Food was excellent... Servicing was very good... Waiter very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Always enjoy our visits hereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2013Always enjoy our visits here - food is great, good service, fun atmosphere, really enjoy the Twilight Dinners. The only place like it on the east side of town.Special Features:
- Came with a coupon to buyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2013Came with a coupon to buy one lunch and get the second at half price with purchase of two beverages. Beverages not listed on the menu, but the waitress listed off an ample list. When asked the price of beverages, she did not know and had to go back and check! The value of the coupon is questionable. Ordered an appetizer with eight shrimp and a peanut dip, cost $8. The shrimp were small compared to the cost. At Costco I buy a 2 pound sack for shrimp that size for less than $20 and there are 100 shrimp in the sack! The peanut sauce was heavenly. BUT the price for this item was too high for what a consumer receives.
- We found that our serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013We found that our service was just as good as the food. Server mentioned specials and was very attentive to all of our needs. Steaks were cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- We celebrated my son's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2013We celebrated my son's birthday with 4 adults, 1 child. It was lively and fun for us all. The food was delicious, the service excellent. They allowed us to bring a gluten-free, dairy- free birthday cake and happily served it with lighted candles. Very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- We all had different meals.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2012We all had different meals. Each one was very good.Special Features: