The Pewter Mug
12300 Tamiami Trail North
Naples, FL 34110Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Pewter Mug
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pewtermug41.com/
- Phone: 2395966844
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a Grill Room that holds up to 25, great for a small event or Family dinner.
- Entertainment: Once a month we have a Dinner and a Show. Call for dates/times.
A word from The Pewter Mug
A Naples Tradition since 1970, The Pewter Mug is well known for it"s incredible Certified Angus Beef and the Freshest of Seafood. Every entree comes with the Soup and Salad Bar. This is where locals meet and where visitors want to be!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Pewter Mug - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
The Pewter Mug reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (19)good for groups (16)kid-friendly (6)romantic (5)hot spot (5)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The decore was not what I had expected and did not match the price of the food. The place was packed so no one seemed to notice the rather dated furnishings. I have never had such a good steak since I moved to Florida ten years ago. I can not wait for another special occasion to return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cut BelowJeffVIPDined on 9/21/2014I've been to the Pewter Mug about a half dozen times over the past several years. I fear the trend is not positive. The last two times my steaks were pretty ordinary--could have come from the supermarket. Not real tender, slightly off flavor, more grisly than they should be. Cooked perfectly, however. Baked potato had been in the oven WAY too long. Place has a dingy look and feel--"tired". Salad bar continues to be excellent, though. Given the ever growing number of really good steak places in Naples, Pewter Mug needs to get back on track if it wants to stay competitive.
- Needs remodelingDianeVIPDined on 9/13/2014Pewter Pub needs remodeling. Opened in 1970 and looks like it. Salad bar is in a little room that has people trying to get in and out at the same time. Lighting is horrible and outside lighting is so poor restaurant looks closed. Prices are ridiculously high for this type of restaurant. Won't be back!Special Features:
- Nothing specialunhappyDined on 9/12/2014I drive past Pewter Mug every day. I see many cars, so I wanted to know what was so special. I am sorry I wasted my time...and money. My mom wanted lobster tail. They were small and tasteless...and very pricey ($30). I guess the big deal is the salad bar...which was great. The soups were bland (especially the Italian Wedding soup). Never again.
- Great for special occasion51jemagDined on 9/7/2014Pewter Mug is a great place for any occasion.....birthday, anniversary, etc. The soup and salad bar is a good starter for a wonderful meal. The prime rib we ordered was done to perfection. Tender, juicy and flavorful. Excellent! The service has always been awesome, no matter who the server is. Enjoyable dining.Special Features:
- nini1Dined on 8/30/2014The Prime rib is second to None, absolutely outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable.RocketDined on 8/30/2014Have visited the Pewter Mug on four or five times in the past few month and was more than satisfied with the menu items, including the freshly maintained salad bar. Service has been above average to excellent. Prices are very reasonable. And...try the margaritas !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I had reservations for 5:45 and we arrived 15 or 20 minutes early. We were seated within a few minutes and waited on shortly thereafter. Our drink order was taken and arrived (with a welcome back) by the same friendly waitress we had the last time. We enjoyed the salad bar and a cup of clam chowder. The plates were cleared and in no time at all our lobster and prime rib dinners arrived with great sides of potatoes and sauteed spinach. we were too full for dessert (too much salad bar) but the last time we had fantastic key lime pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulDisappointedDined on 8/23/2014We should have known that this was going to be a bad experience when the staff started to vacuum the floor before we ordered drinks. The vacuuming persisted through most of our dinner. We found the salad bar to be one of the most ordinary salad bars, containing a few basic ingredients. The soup was tasty. My wife was so disgusted by the noise of the vacuum, and the unattractive decor, she lost her appetite and wanted to leave. Much to my regret, we stayed. She limited her order to the salad bar, I ordered baby back ribs. I was encouraged when the meat fell off the bone when touched by my fork. I was brought back to reality when I placed the meat into my mouth. The ribs lacked flavor, were too dry, and the sauce was tasteless.
- Still the same...Linda8165Dined on 8/12/2014Good salad bar... Good prime rib... Good service... We will be back!Special Features:
- RichDined on 8/9/2014The Pewter Mug is , at last, ready for updates in menu and ambiance. The menu choices are no less expensive than restaurants with much more ambiance and better service.
- Shhhh, don't tell anybody!RonPDined on 8/8/2014you've heard of the secret places locals go to, this is it, don't tell anybody about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkDined on 8/2/2014Great salad bar. Prime rib is the best in town. Ambience is a little tired but overall a great place to eat.Special Features:
- Great spot to meet our friendsGinnyDined on 7/29/2014Food is great 4 stars, I had beef tips over linguine, good, however too much sauce.. Would have been a 5...Salad bar is to die for., great selection of different tastes...Wedding soup is wonderful. .Congrats to the chef.. Made reservation that were recommended really didn't need them...IF ever in the area stop by for dinner. Ginny K, PS we come all the way from Cape Coral to eat here & meet friends...Special Features:
- Visiting from LondonLondonVisitorDined on 7/25/2014Im been coming to the Pewter Mug with my grandparents for the wonderful prime rib. That was in the 70's! Now I'm going with mum and I always make it a point to dine at the Pewter Mug when I'm visiting from London where I've lived for the past 15 years. I also want to mention the lovely salad bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/24/2014Old school steak house w/all you can eat salad bar. great food, great value.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningSAMANTHADined on 7/23/2014Salad Bar was excellent like it use to be before........Early Bird menu had good selections to choose from.......prime rib excellent......price good, too. Our server was most helpful/pleasant in suggestions and answered whatever questions we had for her. All in all good to see Pewter Mug back again like it was when it first opened up many years ago........will dine there, again. P.S. Just an FYI .........would be nice to extend "Early Bird" menu to 6:30 p.m.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2014great salad bar , happy hour drafts and early bird menu prices very reasonable otherwise a little pricySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimBeefDined on 7/15/2014We have been going to The Pewter Mug since 1989. It was great food then until the late 1990's then fell off in quality. Now the Pewter Mug is back to where it was years ago, which is great food.Special Features:
- Naples GoldienaplesfoodDined on 7/13/2014I have lived in Naples all my life and this has been the place to go since it opened. Great staff, great food, great spot on the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeefdoubleRDined on 7/12/2014Excellent strip steak and prime rib, great salad barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedGerryVIPDined on 6/28/2014Rated as one of the best prime rib places to eat was a great disappointment. I would rate the prime rib as just good but not any where near the best. The building is old and needs some upgrades as the ambience is bla.
- wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014This is an established restaurant that specializes in seafood and beef. We had the Prime Rib and Beef Stroganoff. The salad bar is amazing...it would be possible to make a meal on that option with just an appetizer. A big shout out to the Key Lime Pie; one of the best pies I have ever tasted. The perfect combination of tang and sweet and the slice was quite large. The food was so good I left the restaurant feeling as I do after every Thanksgiving meal. The phrase "I can't believe I ate the whole thing springs to mind". We took advantage of the early bird discount. Dinner for 3 without drinks was 90.00 (tip not included),Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value Dining at Its Bestnicholge42Dined on 6/27/2014Quality, reasonably priced entrees and an outstanding salad bar (is there a better one in Naples) make this restaurant stand out. Friendly, casual atmosphere also makes it appealing for groups.Special Features:
- Good Prime RibJenV13Dined on 6/24/2014The Ambience was just ok, The food was very good. It could use a good spring cleaning. Some of the chairs need some upkeep as well. I would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 0 complaints, but want Onion soup!RonPDined on 6/21/2014party of 6 had a great time and everything was very good, no complaints, however last 2 visits did not have the onion soup or NE clam chowder which is to die for! Hope next timeSpecial Features:
- Great service and foodRedHorseDined on 6/17/2014We hadn't been to the Pewter Mug for several years. This visit was to celebrate our 47th anniversary. We both ordered Prime Rib from the early bird menu. My first piece of meat wasn't rare enough but our server and the owner both made sure I got another plate with a super piece of meat. I ordered the lean cut at first but found out that the loin cut is juicier and can be more rare! The chicken vegetable soup was outstanding as was the salad bar. Happy Hor prices for the drinks were very resonable. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Always Great Food & Salad BarRicSchmitzDined on 6/15/2014Pewter Mug is our favorite--eat here several times a month. Great Prime Rib, Steaks and Fish dishes as well as an extensive Salad Bar with some of the best soups around.Special Features:
- ReliableGoodEatersDined on 6/15/2014We've eaten at The Pewter Mug off and on for many years. As always, the food is top notch. The atmosphere is unchanging. It is a reliable dining experience. We are always satisfied with the service, atmosphere and delicious food.Special Features:
- MikeDined on 6/14/2014The prime rib was excellent and it was prepared exactly as requested. The salad bar was small but well stocked with a good selection of fresh vegetables. While we did not have any soup from the soup bar many other patrons seemed to enjoy it. The prices where fair for the quality and quantity. I will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but goodieStevieDined on 6/10/2014Prime rib is the star of the show here. Different size portions for different appetites. Very nice salad bar as well. Decor is a bit dated, but ya can't eat atmosphere. An excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No water view....disapointingtazandlouieDined on 6/5/2014Surrounded by water on 3 sides and no water view. DEmolish and rebuild. Salad bar and soup great. Beef stroganoff disappointing.Special Features:
- The following 242 reviews are from the The Pewter Mug reviews archive.
- 5/30FrankeDVIPDined on 5/29/2014Great prime rib, as usual. Have to step up the decor. Old and tired looking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodPamelaDined on 5/25/2014The salad bar was very fresh but small though a nice assortment. Did not try the soups although have the other diners did. My husband and I had the small prime rib and it was done perfectly. The steak fries were nice and crispy. The decor could use some updating.Special Features:
- pewter mugJneillDined on 5/18/2014wine list needs to be improved. eaten here before and always enjoy the meals. have never had a bad meal here. interior needs to be brought up to date. great location and friendly staff. the salad bar and soups, which come with dinner are excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our local favoriteMetallicMikeDined on 5/10/2014We always enjoy the food and service at Pewter Mug. The bar area is a great place to have a beverage and some delicious appetizers. Of course the salad bar is the best in Naples! Never disappointed at the Pewter Mug!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pewter mugyumyumDined on 5/6/2014great food , great service at a reasonable price. love going there, please put chocolate pudding back in salad barSpecial Features:
- Hasn't changedLiz1Dined on 5/4/2014The Pewter mug is still ok there food is decent. I did really enjoy the salad bar. We had not been in over 20years and the restruant doesn't look any different I thought they were pricey.
- GeatdoubleRDined on 5/3/2014Excellent restaurant especially the Prime Rib along with a great salad barSpecial Features:
- mugdiningDined on 5/3/2014The Pewter Mug has been around forever, and their appeal for me is the great salad bar along w/the raisin bread, Always wondered why they squandered their beautiful setting by putting their parking lot next to the river--their dark windowless interior could have looked out over the river and an open deck would have topped it off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.