The Pewter Mug
12300 Tamiami Trail North
Naples, FL 34110Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Pewter Mug
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pewtermug41.com/
- Phone: (239) 596-6844
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a Grill Room that holds up to 25, great for a small event or Family dinner.
- Entertainment: Once a month we have a Dinner and a Show. Call for dates/times.
A word from The Pewter Mug
A Naples Tradition since 1970, The Pewter Mug is well known for it"s incredible Certified Angus Beef and the Freshest of Seafood. Every entree comes with the Soup and Salad Bar. This is where locals meet and where visitors want to be!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Pewter Mug - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
The Pewter Mug reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance2.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- JillyDined on 11/22/2014Fantastic soup and salad bar. Friendly, efficient service. Early bird menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 295 reviews are from the The Pewter Mug reviews archive.
- Great prime rib!NaplesmanDined on 11/22/2014Our server said this was their big seller...so we all went with it. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!NiceVIPDined on 11/18/2014Salad bar/black angus steaks/prime rib/soups! It is all awesome!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2014Over all a good dining experience, love the salad bar, prime rib is very good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014Our dinner and service were very good. However, the restauraunt overall is very bright and not much ambiance. It used to be darker and not such a big open room with tables.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodCynagarDined on 11/15/2014We have been going to the Pewter Mug for over 30 years. We reserve this restaurant for special occasions. The salad bar is always fresh and the Prime Rib is superb! We were a party of 6 and everyone enjoyed their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014Went to the Pewter Mug in a party of six. Salad bar and meals were well received by all. We've been going to the "Mug" since the eighties and it is truly a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Good dining experienceGood4eatsVIPDined on 11/9/2014Everything was good, but we were all particularly impressed with the salad bar. Everything was very fresh and there was plenty of variety. It was an excellent value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnieDined on 11/8/2014Love the salad bar. Early dining menu has variety and quality. Regular menu a good value too. The service is friendly and efficient. A favorite of mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime RibZManDined on 11/7/2014We had the best prime rib at the Pewter Mug since moving to Naples two years go.Special Features:
- ExcellentJakalaDined on 11/5/2014Been coming here for years. Never disappointed. Great drink prices. Salad bar plentiful. Had prime rib & sirloin steak. Super! Tammy a very good waitress. If you are a twosome, try to avoid table 162. The line of people into the salad bar are standing right on top of you. We eat here several times during our short visit to the area. Whenever they ever offer sword fish, get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth The Time or MoneySoHungryVIPDined on 11/2/2014I read many reviews and knew the interior was going to be dated, but really expected great food. It was AWFUL! Dinner for four (two adults, 2 kids) was $176. and that was only with one glass of house wine. Our server was nice, but, I don't understand why this place is always packed. I felt like I was sitting in a 1970's cafeteria, with food from York Steakhouse.
- ExcellentMisterBDined on 10/31/2014my prime rib was the best I ever had and Cindy our waitress was really engaging. Being new to the area she gave us some insight to the area. We really enjoyed our dinner and will be backSpecial Features:
- friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014I had three friends visiting. They all loved the restaurant and all of the food.Special Features:
- Always top quality menu.sunnytravelerDined on 10/28/2014We have enjoyed this place for Years, starting on Marco Island. The quality of the meat & fish are "top shelf". Love the hand - made soups & salad fixings. Everyone can pick what he likes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting with FriendsChrisDined on 10/25/2014Food was tasty, appealing and well-prepared but was delivered before we had finished our salads. Additionally, waitress started clearing plates before all guests had finished their meals. She was attentive to our table. Good ambiance, restaurant was reasonably quiet so we could enjoy our conversation. Reservations were well handled. Valet parking is a nice touch.Special Features:
- luvtoeatDined on 10/14/2014I have gone to the Pewter Mug on several occasions when ever I visit Naples. Not sure what the rest of the menu is like because I always have their prime rib. It is awesome.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014This is not the first time we have been here so we do enjoy it. The salad bar is so fresh and the soups are delicious.Special Features:
- Throwback to the 70'sama1VIPDined on 10/11/2014It was like stepping into a different era but not in a negative way. The salad bar could be a meal in itself and the prime rib was very tender. The key lime pie was one of the best we have had in awhile. Getting there early meant 1/2 price wine and drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- entertainmentDined on 10/5/2014It was a memorable experience. Excellent food! The dining room was pleasant and the salad bar was amazing. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatdivaDined on 10/4/2014Our party of 10 enjoyed the salad bar and prime rib dinnerSpecial Features:
- YummyFLGirlDined on 9/30/2014Best Prime Rib ever! Salad bar is fantastic, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The decore was not what I had expected and did not match the price of the food. The place was packed so no one seemed to notice the rather dated furnishings. I have never had such a good steak since I moved to Florida ten years ago. I can not wait for another special occasion to return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cut BelowJeffVIPDined on 9/21/2014I've been to the Pewter Mug about a half dozen times over the past several years. I fear the trend is not positive. The last two times my steaks were pretty ordinary--could have come from the supermarket. Not real tender, slightly off flavor, more grisly than they should be. Cooked perfectly, however. Baked potato had been in the oven WAY too long. Place has a dingy look and feel--"tired". Salad bar continues to be excellent, though. Given the ever growing number of really good steak places in Naples, Pewter Mug needs to get back on track if it wants to stay competitive.
- Needs remodelingDianeVIPDined on 9/13/2014Pewter Pub needs remodeling. Opened in 1970 and looks like it. Salad bar is in a little room that has people trying to get in and out at the same time. Lighting is horrible and outside lighting is so poor restaurant looks closed. Prices are ridiculously high for this type of restaurant. Won't be back!Special Features:
- Nothing specialunhappyDined on 9/12/2014I drive past Pewter Mug every day. I see many cars, so I wanted to know what was so special. I am sorry I wasted my time...and money. My mom wanted lobster tail. They were small and tasteless...and very pricey ($30). I guess the big deal is the salad bar...which was great. The soups were bland (especially the Italian Wedding soup). Never again.
- Great for special occasion51jemagDined on 9/7/2014Pewter Mug is a great place for any occasion.....birthday, anniversary, etc. The soup and salad bar is a good starter for a wonderful meal. The prime rib we ordered was done to perfection. Tender, juicy and flavorful. Excellent! The service has always been awesome, no matter who the server is. Enjoyable dining.Special Features:
- nini1Dined on 8/30/2014The Prime rib is second to None, absolutely outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable.RocketDined on 8/30/2014Have visited the Pewter Mug on four or five times in the past few month and was more than satisfied with the menu items, including the freshly maintained salad bar. Service has been above average to excellent. Prices are very reasonable. And...try the margaritas !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I had reservations for 5:45 and we arrived 15 or 20 minutes early. We were seated within a few minutes and waited on shortly thereafter. Our drink order was taken and arrived (with a welcome back) by the same friendly waitress we had the last time. We enjoyed the salad bar and a cup of clam chowder. The plates were cleared and in no time at all our lobster and prime rib dinners arrived with great sides of potatoes and sauteed spinach. we were too full for dessert (too much salad bar) but the last time we had fantastic key lime pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulDisappointedDined on 8/23/2014We should have known that this was going to be a bad experience when the staff started to vacuum the floor before we ordered drinks. The vacuuming persisted through most of our dinner. We found the salad bar to be one of the most ordinary salad bars, containing a few basic ingredients. The soup was tasty. My wife was so disgusted by the noise of the vacuum, and the unattractive decor, she lost her appetite and wanted to leave. Much to my regret, we stayed. She limited her order to the salad bar, I ordered baby back ribs. I was encouraged when the meat fell off the bone when touched by my fork. I was brought back to reality when I placed the meat into my mouth. The ribs lacked flavor, were too dry, and the sauce was tasteless.
- Still the same...Linda8165Dined on 8/12/2014Good salad bar... Good prime rib... Good service... We will be back!Special Features:
- RichDined on 8/9/2014The Pewter Mug is , at last, ready for updates in menu and ambiance. The menu choices are no less expensive than restaurants with much more ambiance and better service.
- Shhhh, don't tell anybody!RonPDined on 8/8/2014you've heard of the secret places locals go to, this is it, don't tell anybody about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkDined on 8/2/2014Great salad bar. Prime rib is the best in town. Ambience is a little tired but overall a great place to eat.Special Features:
- Great spot to meet our friendsGinnyDined on 7/29/2014Food is great 4 stars, I had beef tips over linguine, good, however too much sauce.. Would have been a 5...Salad bar is to die for., great selection of different tastes...Wedding soup is wonderful. .Congrats to the chef.. Made reservation that were recommended really didn't need them...IF ever in the area stop by for dinner. Ginny K, PS we come all the way from Cape Coral to eat here & meet friends...Special Features:
- Visiting from LondonLondonVisitorDined on 7/25/2014Im been coming to the Pewter Mug with my grandparents for the wonderful prime rib. That was in the 70's! Now I'm going with mum and I always make it a point to dine at the Pewter Mug when I'm visiting from London where I've lived for the past 15 years. I also want to mention the lovely salad bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/24/2014Old school steak house w/all you can eat salad bar. great food, great value.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningSAMANTHADined on 7/23/2014Salad Bar was excellent like it use to be before........Early Bird menu had good selections to choose from.......prime rib excellent......price good, too. Our server was most helpful/pleasant in suggestions and answered whatever questions we had for her. All in all good to see Pewter Mug back again like it was when it first opened up many years ago........will dine there, again. P.S. Just an FYI .........would be nice to extend "Early Bird" menu to 6:30 p.m.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2014great salad bar , happy hour drafts and early bird menu prices very reasonable otherwise a little pricySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.