The Perfect Caper
121 E. Marion Ave.
Punta Gorda, FL 33950Neighborhood:
EurasianPrice: $31 to $50
The Perfect Caper
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theperfectcaper.com/
- Phone: (941) 505-9009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Lunch: Wednesday- Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10pm Sunday-4-8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Asian, Eurasian
- Executive Chef: Jeanie Roland-James Beard Semifinalist-2008 & 2009
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Perfect Caper is a full service Caterer offering destination management or just catering services. Our menu and services are quite varied and we are happy to send you a quote!
- Private Party Facilities: We are always available for private functions. Please inquire with the host for more details
- Private Party Contact: James Roland 941-505-9009
A word from The Perfect Caper
The Perfect Caper is Southwest Florida's premier dining destination. Located in Punta Gorda, halfway between Sarasota and Naples, on Florida's Gulf Coast. The Caper is a casually elegant neighborhood restaurant, with something for EVERYONE! The Caper offers a truly unique dining experience as well as superior service and atmosphere. Join us at the Caper for a cocktail, some Jazz and a fabulous night of dining!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Perfect Caper - Best Restaurants in Punta Gorda ›
The Perfect Caper reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (37)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (15)good for groups (13)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/21/2014We were in Punta Gorda from AZ, VA, PA and NC. The staff helped end an otherwise sad day with a positve , pleasant attitude. Service was as good as it gets. All thought food was excellent, well presented and flavorful. Would recommend to those who are looking for a positve dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Our "go to" favorite. We have never been disappointed with the imaginative food nor the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!HornblowerVIPDined on 11/20/2014Among the best food we have had, anywhere. Appetizers of mussels and calamari were excellent. The Morocan lamb was delicious. For desert, the rice pudding was the best we have ever had. Our server, Noelle, was delightful. Great food, great service, great evening! Well worth the 1 hour drive up from Naples!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my birthday lunch with my motherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014the whole experience was delightful and the environment was perfect for our intimate, yet casual get together. food, service and elegance all there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CapermimiDined on 11/15/2014Great evening, great food, great service. Pumpkin Cheese Cake was fabulous. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful evening!AnneDined on 11/11/2014We always make a reservation at the Perfect Caper for special occasions and we are always thrilled with the meal, ambiance and service. We cannot wait to return again.Special Features:
- a little bit of NY in Punta GordabosstothebestDined on 11/6/2014We had heard wonderful things about The Perfect Caper and they were all true! A delightful and delicious restaurant, just off the main road, that is worth the trip! Some might think it higher priced than most other restaurants in the area, but trust me, it is worth the price as well!!! We will be back and we will bring friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in downtown Punta GordaLadywholunchesDined on 11/5/2014We were celebrating our 25th anniversary while on vacation in Punta Gorda. We were looking for a quiet place, with excellent food, within walking distance of where we were staying. The Perfect Caper did not disappoint. My husband's lamb chops were thick and succulent, and my scallops were perfect. The sides were creatively presented. The chocolate bread pudding was mouth watering and generous as was the crème brulee. The ambiance is fine--no outdoor options. The restaurant was thankfully very quiet. Service was generally good although we had to ask for bread. When we arrived we were wished a happy anniversary (I had put a note in our open table request.) Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ssshhhh!FrFrankDined on 11/5/2014This place is first class--a wonderful dining experience. Everything was wonderful. However, the manager stands facing the kitchen YELLING into the kitchen workers or wait staff (numbers?). This loud barking disrupted the otherwise serene, calm, pleasant ambiance. Made me wonder if I was in a diner and the short order cook was telling the wait staff the food was up....Special Features:
- Our Meeting PlaceRikersVIPDined on 10/28/2014We meet here twice or three times a year with friends because it is halfway for each of us and we are never disappointed. Bartender was great, very personable and made great drinks. Food was excellent. It was a Tuesday night and it was far from crowded. Anyway, we always seem to have a great meal here. Swordfish special was very, very good.Special Features:
- kingjamiesonDined on 10/27/2014Excellent food served by attentive staff in a pleasant setting in Punta Gorda, Florida. It can be a little difficult to find but well worth the search! We have never had a bad dish at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always the best in Southwest Fl.RIBlaqVIPDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I eat here about once a month. The food, the bar, the service are consistent and top-of-the-list. We have been to many of the fine restaurants that Southwest Florida has to offer and the Perfect Caper is the best. They have a great attention to detail and are very educated in gluten and other allergy issues. My only wish is that they served a gluten free bread.Special Features:
- Little Bang For The BuckfoodiesfromFloridaDined on 10/25/2014While the Perfect Caper was a great meeting place between Sarasota and Naples, Florida, none of us were overly impressed with our food choices. We were all in the mood for a light menu, so we decided upon two appetizers apiece. The butternut squash soup was tasty; the other four dishes: tuna taco; shrimp salad; goat cheese caponata plate, were mediocre. We felt that the price was not commensurate with the quality and quantity of the cuisine.
- Amazing like alwaysSAW4113Dined on 10/24/2014Another wonderful evening at the Perfect Caper. Food, service, wine, and everything else was wonderful. Thanks!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemPandTDined on 10/23/2014Good food and the buy one get one free lunch makes it reasonably priced. Staff is excellent. You should have a reservation even for lunch.Special Features:
- LifeDined on 10/18/2014YOUR PRESENTATION OF THE PREPARED DISHES WERE IMPRESSIVE, BESIDE, THE MEALS WERE GREAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningMJTJDined on 10/13/2014Pricy with small portions. But the only (semi) fine dining restaurant in Punta Gorda Florida. Food=very good. Presentation=very good. Service=very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous Lunch Plates to Share2bigeatersVIPDined on 10/8/2014We had a perfect lunch sharing two of the fun lunch plates...Pork belly sandwich and chicken flauta. Great service, reeasonable wine, a warm welcome from the owner and two for one! What could be better?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeachesDined on 10/8/2014Love the "fine" dining experience for lunch. Not tried dinner but certainly intend to. It's a definite 10 in my book and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:
- A top restaurant in Punta GordaWillworkforfoodDined on 10/6/2014Nice quaint atmosphere with very good food and a nice wine list. Service was also great. You will probably need advanced reservations during season and maybe even during off season. I would go back next time I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion or just a great dinner. Excellent food, service. First visit but will definitely not be the last.Special Features:
- Had great food...againPGFoodieDined on 9/20/2014We like to enjoy a great meal, especially on special occasions...birthdays and anniversaries in particular. The Perfect Caper was the perfect place for our recent anniversary dinner,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an enjoyable experience.drb549Dined on 9/17/2014Whenever I am questioned on the best dinning experience in Punta Gorda, I reply without hesitation: The Perfect Caper. The menu predictably balances an eclectic fare that pleases palates from unadventurous to self-proclaimed foodie. I do prefer dining in the lounge; however, the entire facility is warm and inviting. Service is always top notch and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- psincessDined on 9/13/2014Service was quite slow, which is unusual or this restaurant, especially since they weren't crowded. The food was good as always. However, $12. for a glass of average wine a bit too steep for this area.Special Features:
- The best in the areaDinneroutgal1Dined on 9/13/2014We have not found a better place for dining in the area. Always, a "perfect" evening!Special Features:
- Perfect is right!DixieDined on 9/12/2014Outstanding restaurant in any community. Food, service and ambiance cannot be beat. Do try the calamari or mussels. Prices not out of line, especially for the quality of the food.Special Features:
- always greatHeidiDined on 9/11/2014We always know we will have a great experience at the Caper. The food is fresh, served in a professional manner and the staff, under the current management, is always eager to please.Special Features:
- Hidden GemLuvithereDined on 8/30/2014We had a hard time We had trouble finding it but it was worth the search! Menu interesting and good divine. Service was very professional. This is not the normal dining experience in our town. Fine dining at its best. Expect to pay for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing2love2eatDined on 8/30/2014Seared scallops were small, tasteless and overdone, wine selection by glass was poor. the pinot noir from Oregon was flat and acidic, the "dark chocolate mousse" was not dark at all and the strawberries served with it were wilted. The Rosemary bread was excellent - the best of the food served. My husband liked the Crabby Scallops. We both liked his black rice, my risotto was too soupy and not flavorful at all. I ordered a different wine and waited a very long time to receive it. The pate plate was very good. Coffee was not robust.
- Continued excellent food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Easily the best food in Punta Gorda and Noelle is an excellent waitress!Special Features:
- Absolutely Perfect!natasha0417Dined on 8/26/2014This was a first date, and everything was perfect. We will definitely return to try more dishes. The Steamed Pei Muscles were buttery and delicious. The Moroccan Spiced Lamb was tender and succulent. The Scallops in brown butter sauce was heavenly. The wine, and cheesecake dessert was decadent. Service was well-timed, and our server, Noel, was knowledgeable, attentive, and friendly. The hostess, Amy, was friendly, and helpful. Although, not a venue for a private, romantic venue, every effort was made to accommodate my special request. The décor provided a calm and peaceful mood for an intimate as possible dining experience. This was a very unique, and pleasantly surprising experience. What a gem! 5-Star experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I had picked this restaurant from on line reviews then Fred from our hotel bar said best restaurant in Punta Gorda! Absolutely right ! My husband loves Duck the best he had! I had seafood awesome But I have to say the appetizer rocked! The goat! Best appitizer I think ever! We will be back and our service was wonderful! Absolutely fabulous restaurant! Our waitress wAs awesome it I am so terrible at names brunette very very friendly !Special Features:
- Best restaurant in SW FloridaRIBlaqVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have been here three times in 5 weeks and have enjoyed each experience. The wait staff is superb and the food is the best we have had in this state. The restaurant staff is very educated in food allergies and effortlessly accommodate our needs. I have to be gluten free and their dishes are easily modified. Their menu has a great variety of dishes and I can actually eat a tasty meal without having to rely on bland grilled food. Also, martini drinkers can be very particular in their concoctions and their bartenders are very good at their craft.Special Features:
- sgmret87Dined on 8/22/2014I have eaten at the Perfect Caper several times. Of all the restaurants in Punta Gorda I consider this to be a very high class restaurant. I would even say it is on the level of upper class restaurants in New York City. I love everything about this restaurant. The atmosphere is excellent. The food is delicious and always served in a timely manner. The wait staff is very attentive, and they do not rush you during the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodcriticks14Dined on 8/22/2014Our first time there and enjoyed it very much. We are looking to our next visit. Just one specific comment: lentil soup was delicious but just a little salty for my taste. Appreciated the "buy one get one free" offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeepsDined on 8/20/2014The Perfect Caper is perfect for any occasion. The best in SW Florida.Special Features:
- Pricey but GoodBkingDined on 8/16/2014The Perfect Caper...I don't want to over review them but I do want to say that the chef is good. My wife had the Duck, which was great. I had the Filet la Saison. The Filet was cooked a little too long. It was on the medium end of Medium-Rare. That said, it was tasty and the sides were well prepared.I have had better for less. Expensive wine list but good choices, most you could pick up at a store. The location itself is funny, off the strip and in what looks like a dentists office. When you walk in you feel like your walking into a haunted house with the curtains and what not hanging around you. The "textured" walls of dark paint and dark carpet make it feel, I can not find the word...Dark. Over all it was good. We will go again, maybe.
- Great night at the Caper!BirthdayGirlDined on 8/16/2014We went for a special occasion-a birthday. We had a variety of appetizers/small plates that were all really good. Our server seemed to be spread thin in the dining room. Service was not up to the usual Perfect Caper standards. Notably, she made no mention of the birthday at our table, which was communicated to the restaurant during the reservation process.Special Features:
- Spectacular Savory DuckstellydineVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had the most enjoyable meal hear recently. The duck is outstanding. There is a crispy serving of leg and thigh and a breast as well. The sauce could compete with the best French restaurants. The flavors were complex and paired perfectly. The side was delicious lentils with sautéed spinach. The Calamari is the worlds best in my opinion. It is cooked perfectly and the Asian sauce is amazing. The Morroccan spiced lamb was delicious. Cooked just the way we asked for it. The Filet was fantastic as was the lobster Mac n cheese. The service was exceptional as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantSeafoodloverDined on 8/9/2014Elegant and well appointed. Food amazing. Try the amazing Nonna's chicken it will melt in your mouth. Moist and delicious. Good selection of wine and drink specials. Service was excellent and so was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.