The Perfect Caper
121 E. Marion Ave.
Punta Gorda, FL 33950Neighborhood:
EurasianPrice: $31 to $50
The Perfect Caper
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theperfectcaper.com/
- Phone: 9415059009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Lunch: Wednesday- Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10pm Sunday-4-8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Asian, Eurasian
- Executive Chef: Jeanie Roland-James Beard Semifinalist-2008 & 2009
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Perfect Caper is a full service Caterer offering destination management or just catering services. Our menu and services are quite varied and we are happy to send you a quote!
- Private Party Facilities: We are always available for private functions. Please inquire with the host for more details
- Private Party Contact: James Roland 941-505-9009
A word from The Perfect Caper
The Perfect Caper is Southwest Florida's premier dining destination. Located in Punta Gorda, halfway between Sarasota and Naples, on Florida's Gulf Coast. The Caper is a casually elegant neighborhood restaurant, with something for EVERYONE! The Caper offers a truly unique dining experience as well as superior service and atmosphere. Join us at the Caper for a cocktail, some Jazz and a fabulous night of dining!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Perfect Caper - Best Restaurants in Punta Gorda ›
The Perfect Caper reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)fit for foodies (51)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (14)good for groups (12)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- LifeDined on 10/18/2014YOUR PRESENTATION OF THE PREPARED DISHES WERE IMPRESSIVE, BESIDE, THE MEALS WERE GREAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningMJTJDined on 10/13/2014Pricy with small portions. But the only (semi) fine dining restaurant in Punta Gorda Florida. Food=very good. Presentation=very good. Service=very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous Lunch Plates to Share2bigeatersVIPDined on 10/8/2014We had a perfect lunch sharing two of the fun lunch plates...Pork belly sandwich and chicken flauta. Great service, reeasonable wine, a warm welcome from the owner and two for one! What could be better?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeachesDined on 10/8/2014Love the "fine" dining experience for lunch. Not tried dinner but certainly intend to. It's a definite 10 in my book and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:
- A top restaurant in Punta GordaWillworkforfoodDined on 10/6/2014Nice quaint atmosphere with very good food and a nice wine list. Service was also great. You will probably need advanced reservations during season and maybe even during off season. I would go back next time I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion or just a great dinner. Excellent food, service. First visit but will definitely not be the last.Special Features:
- Had great food...againPGFoodieDined on 9/20/2014We like to enjoy a great meal, especially on special occasions...birthdays and anniversaries in particular. The Perfect Caper was the perfect place for our recent anniversary dinner,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an enjoyable experience.drb549Dined on 9/17/2014Whenever I am questioned on the best dinning experience in Punta Gorda, I reply without hesitation: The Perfect Caper. The menu predictably balances an eclectic fare that pleases palates from unadventurous to self-proclaimed foodie. I do prefer dining in the lounge; however, the entire facility is warm and inviting. Service is always top notch and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- psincessDined on 9/13/2014Service was quite slow, which is unusual or this restaurant, especially since they weren't crowded. The food was good as always. However, $12. for a glass of average wine a bit too steep for this area.Special Features:
- The best in the areaDinneroutgal1Dined on 9/13/2014We have not found a better place for dining in the area. Always, a "perfect" evening!Special Features:
- Perfect is right!DixieDined on 9/12/2014Outstanding restaurant in any community. Food, service and ambiance cannot be beat. Do try the calamari or mussels. Prices not out of line, especially for the quality of the food.Special Features:
- always greatHeidiDined on 9/11/2014We always know we will have a great experience at the Caper. The food is fresh, served in a professional manner and the staff, under the current management, is always eager to please.Special Features:
- Hidden GemLuvithereDined on 8/30/2014We had a hard time We had trouble finding it but it was worth the search! Menu interesting and good divine. Service was very professional. This is not the normal dining experience in our town. Fine dining at its best. Expect to pay for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing2love2eatDined on 8/30/2014Seared scallops were small, tasteless and overdone, wine selection by glass was poor. the pinot noir from Oregon was flat and acidic, the "dark chocolate mousse" was not dark at all and the strawberries served with it were wilted. The Rosemary bread was excellent - the best of the food served. My husband liked the Crabby Scallops. We both liked his black rice, my risotto was too soupy and not flavorful at all. I ordered a different wine and waited a very long time to receive it. The pate plate was very good. Coffee was not robust.
- Continued excellent food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Easily the best food in Punta Gorda and Noelle is an excellent waitress!Special Features:
- Absolutely Perfect!natasha0417Dined on 8/26/2014This was a first date, and everything was perfect. We will definitely return to try more dishes. The Steamed Pei Muscles were buttery and delicious. The Moroccan Spiced Lamb was tender and succulent. The Scallops in brown butter sauce was heavenly. The wine, and cheesecake dessert was decadent. Service was well-timed, and our server, Noel, was knowledgeable, attentive, and friendly. The hostess, Amy, was friendly, and helpful. Although, not a venue for a private, romantic venue, every effort was made to accommodate my special request. The décor provided a calm and peaceful mood for an intimate as possible dining experience. This was a very unique, and pleasantly surprising experience. What a gem! 5-Star experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I had picked this restaurant from on line reviews then Fred from our hotel bar said best restaurant in Punta Gorda! Absolutely right ! My husband loves Duck the best he had! I had seafood awesome But I have to say the appetizer rocked! The goat! Best appitizer I think ever! We will be back and our service was wonderful! Absolutely fabulous restaurant! Our waitress wAs awesome it I am so terrible at names brunette very very friendly !Special Features:
- Best restaurant in SW FloridaRIBlaqVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have been here three times in 5 weeks and have enjoyed each experience. The wait staff is superb and the food is the best we have had in this state. The restaurant staff is very educated in food allergies and effortlessly accommodate our needs. I have to be gluten free and their dishes are easily modified. Their menu has a great variety of dishes and I can actually eat a tasty meal without having to rely on bland grilled food. Also, martini drinkers can be very particular in their concoctions and their bartenders are very good at their craft.Special Features:
- sgmret87Dined on 8/22/2014I have eaten at the Perfect Caper several times. Of all the restaurants in Punta Gorda I consider this to be a very high class restaurant. I would even say it is on the level of upper class restaurants in New York City. I love everything about this restaurant. The atmosphere is excellent. The food is delicious and always served in a timely manner. The wait staff is very attentive, and they do not rush you during the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodcriticks14Dined on 8/22/2014Our first time there and enjoyed it very much. We are looking to our next visit. Just one specific comment: lentil soup was delicious but just a little salty for my taste. Appreciated the "buy one get one free" offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeepsDined on 8/20/2014The Perfect Caper is perfect for any occasion. The best in SW Florida.Special Features:
- Pricey but GoodBkingDined on 8/16/2014The Perfect Caper...I don't want to over review them but I do want to say that the chef is good. My wife had the Duck, which was great. I had the Filet la Saison. The Filet was cooked a little too long. It was on the medium end of Medium-Rare. That said, it was tasty and the sides were well prepared.I have had better for less. Expensive wine list but good choices, most you could pick up at a store. The location itself is funny, off the strip and in what looks like a dentists office. When you walk in you feel like your walking into a haunted house with the curtains and what not hanging around you. The "textured" walls of dark paint and dark carpet make it feel, I can not find the word...Dark. Over all it was good. We will go again, maybe.
- Great night at the Caper!BirthdayGirlDined on 8/16/2014We went for a special occasion-a birthday. We had a variety of appetizers/small plates that were all really good. Our server seemed to be spread thin in the dining room. Service was not up to the usual Perfect Caper standards. Notably, she made no mention of the birthday at our table, which was communicated to the restaurant during the reservation process.Special Features:
- Spectacular Savory DuckstellydineVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had the most enjoyable meal hear recently. The duck is outstanding. There is a crispy serving of leg and thigh and a breast as well. The sauce could compete with the best French restaurants. The flavors were complex and paired perfectly. The side was delicious lentils with sautéed spinach. The Calamari is the worlds best in my opinion. It is cooked perfectly and the Asian sauce is amazing. The Morroccan spiced lamb was delicious. Cooked just the way we asked for it. The Filet was fantastic as was the lobster Mac n cheese. The service was exceptional as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantSeafoodloverDined on 8/9/2014Elegant and well appointed. Food amazing. Try the amazing Nonna's chicken it will melt in your mouth. Moist and delicious. Good selection of wine and drink specials. Service was excellent and so was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special ocassionDollyDined on 8/9/2014I treated my son and his wife for their 29th wedding anniversary. Even though they don't live in Punta Gorda they are willing to make the 40 mile trip because of the great food, service, and atmosphere. The daughter in law is vegetarian and can always find an item on the menu that meets her needs. There have been times that Chef Jeanie will modify a menu item to meet vegetarian standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fantastic.Floridafoodie4469Dined on 8/7/2014The food here is always great. They do a great job of mixing up the menu for frequent visitors as well as keeping the high quality old favorites always available. The duck is always a standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in SouthWest FloridaRIBlaqVIPDined on 7/26/2014I am gluten free (not by choice) and find education on the issue is lacking here. The Perfect Caper was the best find in years. The Chef and staff are well educated on the gluten issue. We were able to have a sophisticated meal with sublime tastes and textures that we had not found in restaurants from Port Charlotte to Marco Island. The best calamari ever with its crispy outside yet very tender inside and the sweet and savory sauce was impeccable. Loved the Crabby Scallops a marvelous experience. And desert ... it was amazing that I could have desert. It was special for the night which was a hazelnut pie with almond flour crust and it was very tasty. If they offered a gluten bread, that would be perfect. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This time was "Perfect"Onlyeatgr8restaurantsDined on 7/23/2014Gave our favorite go to a second chance after a bad experience last visit and we were very happy! Lamb and duck were cooked perfectly and app special was delish! Service was great too! Yaay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cali1234Dined on 7/16/2014We have been to the Perfect Caper several times and everything from the service to the food has always been excellent. One of my favorite places to dine. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great food with style....EuneeDined on 7/3/2014This was our second time with different friends -- both cases for special occasions. The food was excellent and loved the presentation and just enough amount to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spilled WaterHydedines33Dined on 7/3/2014I was drinking water and reading as I waited for my partner to arrive. I spilled quite a bit on the table and seat. The staff quickly moved me to another table and staff members efficiently replaced the tablecloths and much else and dried the seats. I was embarrassed about my clumsiness, but their professional action made me feel better. The food and service were great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulstellydineVIPDined on 7/2/2014Another fantastic meal at the Perfect Caper. Of course we had the best Calamari in the world. We also had the Pomegranite Flip Martinis which are very tasty. My son and I had the Filet Maison with the Lobster Mac n Cheese which was cooked perfectly. My Daughter had the crab cake which she enjoyed very much.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2014The food is always good but the delivery of our entree was slow.
- Best in Town2bigeatersVIPDined on 6/28/2014We can always trust The Perfect Caper to serve up a delightful dinner for any occasion. The service is impeccable and the menu selection is varied and accommodating to all tastes. Tonight's carrot cake was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014When we sat down in conversation I told the server that it was my birthday. In a restaurant of this caliber I sort of expected a small token at dessert time for our occasion but instead we received the standard tiny 1/4 inch cubes of something flavored with peanut butter that everybody also got. When you spend 165.00 on a dinner for two a slice of cake with a candle in it would have been appropriate. Believe me this restaurant can afford it, they're doing very well. Therefore I left the server the standard 15% tip instead of the 20% if the cake were there. If she couldn't provide the cake because of management rules then shame on the owner, they're just being cheap considering what they make on slightly overpriced dinners.Special Features:
- THANK YOU!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014This was a special luncheon for two dear friends. Both were familiar with your restaurant and pleased it was where we met. Thank you for a delightful memory. dHSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParticularOneDined on 6/26/2014The table service was very slow. Used plates and flatware not removed from table. Got impression server came from a fast food chain. Not at all professional, nor what I expect at the Perfect Caper. Chicken salad was not good. Will not order it any more after years of doing so.Special Features:
- they have not lost their edge!FourFabFoodiesDined on 6/25/2014My husband and I have eaten at The Perfect Caper on several occasions, but it has been a few years. I came in with my girlfriends after talking the place up for a few years (at least). They fully expected to be disappointed after my raves, but instead, our expectations were exceded. The menu was innovative and expertly executed; our server was knowledgable, friendly, efficient and unobtrusive; the ambience cozy but not stuffy. I can't think of a single complaint, which is highly unusual for me. If I did not live so far away (cape Coral), we would visit much more often. Kudos on helping to make my birthday very special indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 862 reviews are from the The Perfect Caper reviews archive.
- Fathers Day GiftRobertJDined on 6/24/2014Our daughter sent us a gift cert for the Caper because they know how much will like the place. This has been our favorite spot for lunch, dinner, any special occasion. When ever we have important people here from up North, or out West, we always come here. The menu always offers new delicious items as well as their standards: such as calamari - the best in the area.n At this visit, the "special - open face lobster ravioli and the cheesecake were the bestSpecial Features: