The Penthouse at Mastro's, Beverly Hills
246 N. Canon Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Penthouse at Mastro's, Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3108888782
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Lounge Menu Available from 9:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Walter Mayen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Kristina Amad 3108888782
- Entertainment: Live DJ Nightly.
A word from The Penthouse at Mastro's, Beverly Hills
The Penthouse at Mastro's is located above Mastro's Steakhouse in Beverly Hills. It is a sensually sophisticated alfresco lounge, offering specialty sushi, hand-crafted cocktails and a live DJ nightly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Penthouse at Mastro's, Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
The Penthouse at Mastro's, Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (52)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (33)good for groups (33)romantic (32)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (21)great for outdoor dining (19)late-night find (18)neighborhood gem (14)scenic view (11)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Our WAITER was excellent! We ate in the Penthouse, it was very nice just a bit too loud.Special Features:
- Great Birthday dinnerTann2VIPDined on 9/12/2014Thanks to your staff for a great birthday dinner and the following day call as a thank you was a very nice touch!Special Features:
- it was my 30th birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014Our waiter disappeared for a good 15 min without taking our order. As we waited with our bread basket, another female waitress FINALLY took our order. When we asked where our waiter was, she said "he had a steak emergency." Finally our two appetizers, two steaks and sides were served. the steaks did not disappoint! Like i said, it was my birthday, and Mastro's was nice enough to send a complimentary warm butter cake with a candle. Happy Birthday, Laura was scribbled on the plate. Except...my name is NOT Laura! The reservation was under my name! Attention detail is something i truly expect from Mastro's, especially if we are spending more than $270 for a meal!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalvinofoodiesVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was incredible, definitely designed to share though!. The penthouse was vibrant and fun! Lastly, the service we received was phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TDinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014I came here with my boyfriend to celebrate his birthday. There's a live DJ on Friday nights, so it may get a little loud in areas of the restaurant. We were seated by the wine cellar, which was perfect for us. Our table felt a little more private and the volume was fine, we were clearly able to hear ourselves. The wait staff were lovely and attentive and our food was delicious! I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service at The PenthouseWongDined on 9/4/2014I have been to maestros many times and was always very impressed satisfied with the food and felt service usually went above and beyond. I decided to give The Penthouse a shot and was unfortunately disappointed. Biggest complaint was the very slow and inattentive service. More specifically, I requested lemon for my crab cocktail 3 times from busboys (never got to ask waiter) before I finally just walked up to bar and got it myself and drinks took about 15 minutes to arrive. We spilt the Tomahawk steak and was disappointed with the steak. Very tough and fatty. The Penthouse is just not for me I guess. Maybe for happy hour or just drinks. Next time I will have my steak downstairs in peace and quiet like a proper steakhouse should be.Special Features:
- birthday celebrationtmg3Dined on 8/23/2014We went to Mastro's on Saturday, August 23 and it was amazing!! We celebrated my husband's 30th birthday and we could not have celebrated at a better place. From the service, ambiance, and food, this place get two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastro's BH PenthousejustanotherdinerDined on 8/23/2014We had never been to Matro's before but had a $100 gift card so we went. We chose the Penthouse BH & went relatively early (6:30p). We don't like eating too late, but we figured we could linger, which we did. The wait staff was by far, one of the most impressive we have experienced since Le Cirque. We never had to ask for bread, water or wine refill, even in the ladies room, a towelette was placed on the counter just as I shut the water off. That said, due to the relatively small space, there was constant movement of staff around the tables. As for the food - it wasn't anything special. We have had the same or better for far less. Be advised, ask for prices of daily specials - the 8oz. Kobe-style beef from Australia - $98!!!Special Features:
- Disappointingfoodie70VIPDined on 8/21/2014Several years ago Mastrto's used to be the best place around Los Angeles for a good steak dinner. Judging from last night's dinner, however, that's not the case anymore. The three of us all ordered bone in ribeye with the understanding that in order to maximize flavor you have to accept a little fat. But what we got was not just more than the usual amount of fat but a lot of gristle as well. Maybe it's the change of ownership but whatever the reason, the quality of meat served has substantially diminished to the point that our recent visit was definitely our last.
- Mastros Mastros Mastros...FatGirlSlimVIPDined on 8/8/2014Just.... so....... damn ........ awesome..... that is all.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Lacking...Love2EatDined on 8/2/2014I've been to Mastro's twice before and everything was always very great; however, this past visit was something totally different. I was seated in the middle of the Penthouse section and the noise was a little too much but the service was horrible. It took about 10 minutes for someone to greet us, about 25 minutes for water and bread, and the drinks we ordered once the waiter finally came over, arrived at the table right about the time our entrees did. It seemed like service was overwhelmed or not used to the hustle. For the amount I paid in the end, I expected the service to be a little bit more outstanding. Sadly disappointed.Special Features:
- Bar/Club not restaurantKokoaTanDined on 7/31/2014I guess I missed the part where The Penthouse is a bar or club on Thursday nights. My friends and I, expected an upscale restaurant with a quiet noise level so we could have nice dinner conversation. Such was not the case. The Penthouse at Mastro's on this particular Thursday night was a bar/club scene. No dancing but there was very loud music and very loud talking. In general, this was bar with an expensive food menu. The food was delicious although the Pacific Halibut could've been more flavored with seasonings or some sort of white wine sauce. The sautéed vegetables were FANTASTIC!!Special Features:
- for the young and energeticSteveVIPDined on 7/31/2014VERY loud, so much so you really are unable to talk across the dinner table - excellent food - very expensiveSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014"I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The lobster mash patties soup was amazing and the Mastro's house salad was refreshing Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD WAS POORKevinVIPDined on 7/26/2014The bone in filet steaks were very undercooked for our taste. We requested medium plus, and received medium rare and rare. By the time we realized, we didn't want to send them back so we stopped eating. Once the flow of the night was interrupted, we were done and ready to go. Manager was nice enough to take the steaks off the bill. Service was perfect, drinks were great, appetizers were wonderful. Only the steaks were wrong, and they were wrong at the next table as well, as they sent their steaks back for more cooking. The kitchen and chef can do better, especially for as long as this restaurant and chain has been open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great momentsMarianChadDined on 7/15/2014Really enjoyed the Albacore sushi with black truffles melt in your mouth great. The outside patio ambiance created a relaxed and casual experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique High QualityPippinDined on 7/11/2014There's no question that the staff makes the first impression, and the staff at Mastro's is second to none. They are not just thoughtful and considerate. They are genuine, and THAT'S a quality most other dining establishments fail to understand as being important. The food was top shelf. I cannot say enough good things about it. The music and customer talking level was a tad too loud, though. The lighting was so dark that we could not see how beautiful the food was without the help of a flashlight. The waiter was AMAZING-- but even he had trouble speaking over the "noise". We were straining to hear what he had to say, and what he had to say was very much worth hearing. But does the food overcome the noise and darkness? I don't know.Special Features:
- Great birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/2/2014This was our first visit to Mastro's and we chose the Penthouse over the main dining room for the more energetic vibe as we were celebrating two birthdays. We were seated on the terrace, which was great for enjoying the sunset. The food was delicious (highly recommend the gnocchi and the carpaccio), our drinks were never empty and our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable. The only negative came from the busser, who kept running into my dad's chair and even stepped on his feet a few times. When the entrees and side dishes were being served, the busser also dropped the spoon from the lobster mash (delicious!) onto my friend's suede loafer, without apologizing. Everything else was amazing, we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceMylaDined on 6/30/2014They keep good distance and bring all dishes with perfect timing except drink. Servers are professional and so friendly. All dishes have strong taste for me. It means a little salty... I would like to visit at Bar next time.Special Features:
- Loosing their class and service!zzkamDined on 6/21/2014I have dined at this Master's location at least twice a month for the last 7 year's. The last few months their service has been falling apart. They make consistant mistakes with orders and forget to even bring some orders. Food quality is also not consistent.Special Features:
- ExcellentMIMIDined on 6/21/2014I took my father there for Father's Day dinner and the food, service, and atmosphere was superb! It was his first time, and he LOVED it! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:
- Delighted PatronsLAfoodieDined on 6/15/2014This was my family's first time visiting this restaurant. We heard great reviews and decided to celebrate our accomplishments, birthdays, and holidays in one night of dining. The food was great and the outdoors environment was amazing. The music was lively and the vibe was relaxing. It was a wonderful dinner and we are glad to have created a family member at this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My best Experience for Pre fathersPapaEDined on 6/8/2014Due to the Fact, i was out of country for Fathers day we Decided to go to Mastro Beverly Hills, tuesday May 10Th with my Children, we Sat in the patio at the Mastro penthouse and we really enjoyed the best Service, best food and the best crowedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor seating was greatyumyumDined on 5/26/2014i loved the outdoor seating, great wine, great steak. lovely for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- The following 175 reviews are from the The Penthouse at Mastro's, Beverly Hills reviews archive.
- minesjDined on 5/20/2014very average in every way....went a few years ago and was overwhelmed......would not recommendSpecial Features:
- Always a great choice!!!!Foodie18VIPDined on 5/17/2014I've been here @the Penthouse the last three weeks in a row now!! The food, service & atmosphere are always great!! And the dj plays songs @ a level that's fun but not too loud to still enjoy your conversation!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentteshabDined on 5/16/2014This was a great restaurant. I enjoyed every thing. It was my 35th Birthday. One I will never forget. Thanks again everyone at Mastro's Penthouse Beverly Hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special MomentRedfishDined on 5/16/2014Celebrating our daughters graduation from college, I wanted to dine in the CA restaurant as I have done so many a time in the AZ locations. Food was awesome with the steaks cooked perfectly for each person and the pork chop was amazing. Slightly noisy (although could be considered energetic atmosphere) which was a little difficult to enjoy our conversation just at our table. Service staff was excellent. Easy access to restaurant and valet was quick to serveSpecial Features:
- Amazing Steaks!!yumyumsteakDined on 5/15/2014This was my 2nd time back to Mastro's Penthouse and had another great experience with my family. The steak was amazingly good and cooked exactly to our request. The staffs in charge of our table was very nice and friendly. The only things we weren't extremely thrilled about was the Alaska King Crab gnocchi and oyster on the half shell. Not to say the gnocchi was not good but I guess it was just not what we were expecting, as chewing on the thicker dough made the dish a bit on the dryer side. And as for the oysters, also was decent in flavor and freshness but nothing too spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best time for romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/11/2014Every time going there for special days. And always completely satisfySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant, great serviceAdamDined on 5/9/2014I went to the Penthouse at Mastro's for a date night. The service was impeccable. The food was delicious although I only granted 4 stars because it's not the best steak restaurant I've ever been to. Highly recommend the spicy tuna tostadas as an appetizer. And the lobster mashed potatoes are to die for. You'll have a great time. Great spot for special occasions or to really impress a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationKamsDined on 4/25/2014Everything it was good but when we came on time we wait half of hour to our table to be ready so we didnt like that because if we have reservation they should to prepare the table before we cameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always stellar!OhThatGuyDined on 4/12/2014Mastro's never disappoints on any level; from the moment you are greeted at the front door until your meal is finished it's always an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocrityHamaDined on 4/11/2014The service was mediocre at best. Our waiter checked on us once and I asked for another soda water- it never made an appearance - nor did he. The heirloom and burrata salad had the hardest tomatoes I have ever seen. They were like apples. The veal chop was excellent- as was the bone marrow appetizer. The filet was tough. The restaurant is way too expensive to be that spotty.Special Features:
- NOT a place to have conversationAjbmountainviewVIPDined on 4/9/2014The music was very loud (even at 5:30) when I specifically called to ask if the music would be loud at that time because we had a work meeting for dinner. I was told it would be suitable for conversation, however even when we asked them to turn the house music down (because we were nearly the only party there at 5:30) they did not turn it down. I would go here for dinner when I did not need to have a real conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FiletArahantDined on 4/8/2014The staff was very friendly but our main server was a little slow. My 12oz filet was cooked perfect for what I asked and was an excellent piece of meat. Very tender with a lot of flavor and zero fat, just the way I like it. The cream corn was a little salty but still very appetizing. The broccoli was a little undercooked for my liking and it needed some butter on it, other than that, everything was delicious.Special Features:
- MASTRO'S IS MAGNIFICENTDeb4BooDined on 4/4/2014BEEN GOING TO MASTRO'S 15 YEARS AND IT KEEPS CHANGING AND GETTING BETTER AND BETTER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastros is the absolute greatest,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014Mastros is the absolute greatest, but the Penthouse (3rd floor) is a completely different experience. It was Incredibly noisy, with a DJ playing the worst music. The service was horrible. We've been to Mastros many times and this is the first time we had such bad service. We love Mastros but never again at the Penthouse.
- YummyPrettyannieDined on 3/29/2014Everything was soooooo great and dessert was even better I fell inlove I will be going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love mastrosOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/27/2014The penthouse feels more casual and youthful. Loved our seat next to the open window. So refreshing. And it wasnt too loud like everyone assumes, because theres a dj.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.