The Penthouse at Mastro's, Beverly Hills
246 N. Canon Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Penthouse at Mastro's, Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3108888782
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Lounge Menu Available from 9:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Walter Mayen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Kristina Amad 3108888782
- Entertainment: Live DJ Nightly.
A word from The Penthouse at Mastro's, Beverly Hills
The Penthouse at Mastro's is located above Mastro's Steakhouse in Beverly Hills. It is a sensually sophisticated alfresco lounge, offering specialty sushi, hand-crafted cocktails and a live DJ nightly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Penthouse at Mastro's, Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
The Penthouse at Mastro's, Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (59)hot spot (45)good for groups (39)romantic (38)vibrant bar scene (33)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (22)great for outdoor dining (21)late-night find (17)scenic view (13)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Wonderful timeAmazingDined on 10/10/2014Everything was great. The food the service the entire experience was great. Will be back very soonSpecial Features:
- King of all steakhousesLAfoodieVIPDined on 10/8/2014From the veal chop to the butter cake, it can't get better than this. My suggestion is to visit the Penthouse and your night is complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great serviceMariDined on 10/4/2014Our waiter James was the best. It was our first time in the place and he explained everything to us. All of his reccommended food were all amazing. We had tomahawk steak, bone in rib eye and filet. We had cream spinach, gnocchi, and the lobster mash. They were all divine. Loved the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastro's is PhenomenalShaulDined on 10/2/2014My experience here was phenomenal. I felt like all my needs and wants were met and my experience far exceeded my expectations, Even though my waiter had other tables, he treated us as his sole responsibility. Attention to detail is a 10 here. We started off with the Mastro's house salad and were able to split that, it's too large for 1 person who intends on also eating dinner. I got the bone-in filet and my friend for the porterhouse. Both were SO tender, juicy and well flavored. We got the lobster mash potatoes which has HUGE chunks of lobster and just the right amount of butter. We also got the mac n cheese, that my friend loved but I was not a fan of it. The Warm Butter Cake and the Chocolate sin cake... TO DIE FOR.Special Features:
- Great Diningkmizz024Dined on 10/2/2014First time at Maestro's and had a great dinner. Celebrated my mother's birthday and she also enjoyed herself. Great experience and great steaks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ModerateIremDined on 9/29/2014Smelling meat inside no deciration outside, moderate...Special Features:
- HungryEnjoyDined on 9/27/2014Quite simply The best steak I've ever eaten ! Really lively place with a good menu and great staff The side orders are plenty big enough for twoSpecial Features:
- FabulousKawaiiDined on 9/24/2014Very good place to have dinner. One of the best food (in terms of quality and taste) I've had in LA, price is suitable too - around 20-30 per entree and around 15-20 per starter, cocktails around 20-25, wine by glass - 13-16. The penthouse has open terrace, good ambience, great mix of fun and cozy atmosphere. Definitely will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Our WAITER was excellent! We ate in the Penthouse, it was very nice just a bit too loud.Special Features:
- Penthouse Mastro'sLawHVIPDined on 9/16/2014Always a good choice... great steaks and chops and amazing Wagyu selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningwhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 9/15/2014Love the ambiance, love the music, love the service, even the valet service is good here. This is one of my favorite steakhouse menu's (Eddie V's La Jolla is another). The chef prepares perfect to order. There are some excellent finds on the wine list - reasonably priced finds. Overall, the wine list is expensive here. Corkage is fairly priced for the environment but again, note that there are some reasonably priced "finds" that are great. The servers will tell you - just ask! Overall, this is the best steakhouse in Bev Hills.
- best meal everReno57Dined on 9/14/2014My husband was given a Mastro's gift voucher for his 60th birthday from our son and we would have to say that this is one of the best restaurants we have ever eaten in and it was a great way to finish off our overseas holiday before heading home to Australia. From the minute we walked in the door we were made feel special by all of the staff. We experienced great food, staff & service and we could not find fault with anything. We booked the Penthouse and we would recommend this to anyone for fine dining. The rack of lamb was delicious and the 8oz steak was more than enough for my husband and it just melted in his mouth. Mastro's Signature Warm Butter Cake is a must try and it certainly lived up to the expectations the waiter described.Special Features:
- Great Birthday dinnerTann2VIPDined on 9/12/2014Thanks to your staff for a great birthday dinner and the following day call as a thank you was a very nice touch!Special Features:
- it was my 30th birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014Our waiter disappeared for a good 15 min without taking our order. As we waited with our bread basket, another female waitress FINALLY took our order. When we asked where our waiter was, she said "he had a steak emergency." Finally our two appetizers, two steaks and sides were served. the steaks did not disappoint! Like i said, it was my birthday, and Mastro's was nice enough to send a complimentary warm butter cake with a candle. Happy Birthday, Laura was scribbled on the plate. Except...my name is NOT Laura! The reservation was under my name! Attention detail is something i truly expect from Mastro's, especially if we are spending more than $270 for a meal!I would recommend this to a friend.
- monalisa4VIPDined on 9/6/2014we here to celebrate a birthday and had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- ExceptionalvinofoodiesVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was incredible, definitely designed to share though!. The penthouse was vibrant and fun! Lastly, the service we received was phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TDinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014I came here with my boyfriend to celebrate his birthday. There's a live DJ on Friday nights, so it may get a little loud in areas of the restaurant. We were seated by the wine cellar, which was perfect for us. Our table felt a little more private and the volume was fine, we were clearly able to hear ourselves. The wait staff were lovely and attentive and our food was delicious! I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service at The PenthouseWongDined on 9/4/2014I have been to maestros many times and was always very impressed satisfied with the food and felt service usually went above and beyond. I decided to give The Penthouse a shot and was unfortunately disappointed. Biggest complaint was the very slow and inattentive service. More specifically, I requested lemon for my crab cocktail 3 times from busboys (never got to ask waiter) before I finally just walked up to bar and got it myself and drinks took about 15 minutes to arrive. We spilt the Tomahawk steak and was disappointed with the steak. Very tough and fatty. The Penthouse is just not for me I guess. Maybe for happy hour or just drinks. Next time I will have my steak downstairs in peace and quiet like a proper steakhouse should be.Special Features:
- birthday celebrationtmg3Dined on 8/23/2014We went to Mastro's on Saturday, August 23 and it was amazing!! We celebrated my husband's 30th birthday and we could not have celebrated at a better place. From the service, ambiance, and food, this place get two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastro's BH PenthousejustanotherdinerDined on 8/23/2014We had never been to Matro's before but had a $100 gift card so we went. We chose the Penthouse BH & went relatively early (6:30p). We don't like eating too late, but we figured we could linger, which we did. The wait staff was by far, one of the most impressive we have experienced since Le Cirque. We never had to ask for bread, water or wine refill, even in the ladies room, a towelette was placed on the counter just as I shut the water off. That said, due to the relatively small space, there was constant movement of staff around the tables. As for the food - it wasn't anything special. We have had the same or better for far less. Be advised, ask for prices of daily specials - the 8oz. Kobe-style beef from Australia - $98!!!Special Features:
- Disappointingfoodie70VIPDined on 8/21/2014Several years ago Mastrto's used to be the best place around Los Angeles for a good steak dinner. Judging from last night's dinner, however, that's not the case anymore. The three of us all ordered bone in ribeye with the understanding that in order to maximize flavor you have to accept a little fat. But what we got was not just more than the usual amount of fat but a lot of gristle as well. Maybe it's the change of ownership but whatever the reason, the quality of meat served has substantially diminished to the point that our recent visit was definitely our last.
- Mastros Mastros Mastros...FatGirlSlimVIPDined on 8/8/2014Just.... so....... damn ........ awesome..... that is all.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Lacking...Love2EatDined on 8/2/2014I've been to Mastro's twice before and everything was always very great; however, this past visit was something totally different. I was seated in the middle of the Penthouse section and the noise was a little too much but the service was horrible. It took about 10 minutes for someone to greet us, about 25 minutes for water and bread, and the drinks we ordered once the waiter finally came over, arrived at the table right about the time our entrees did. It seemed like service was overwhelmed or not used to the hustle. For the amount I paid in the end, I expected the service to be a little bit more outstanding. Sadly disappointed.Special Features:
- Bar/Club not restaurantKokoaTanDined on 7/31/2014I guess I missed the part where The Penthouse is a bar or club on Thursday nights. My friends and I, expected an upscale restaurant with a quiet noise level so we could have nice dinner conversation. Such was not the case. The Penthouse at Mastro's on this particular Thursday night was a bar/club scene. No dancing but there was very loud music and very loud talking. In general, this was bar with an expensive food menu. The food was delicious although the Pacific Halibut could've been more flavored with seasonings or some sort of white wine sauce. The sautéed vegetables were FANTASTIC!!Special Features:
- for the young and energeticSteveVIPDined on 7/31/2014VERY loud, so much so you really are unable to talk across the dinner table - excellent food - very expensiveSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014"I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The lobster mash patties soup was amazing and the Mastro's house salad was refreshing Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening with great foodwestsidemomVIPDined on 7/26/2014Went to dinner with another couple here and had a fantastic evening. We sat outside on the patio, which I would recommend if you want the noise level to be a little lower. The main restaurant has a DJ playing fun music, but if you are looking for a quieter (yet still fun) area, the patio is perfect. The drink selection is amazing, yet very overpriced (whole menu is expensive, yet still worth it for a special occasion). Steaks were cooked perfectly. Overall, the penthouse is much more "fun" than the regular restaurant downstairs and much less stuffy. Highly recommend it to a younger crowd. They also have some nice private dining areas that I would think would be perfect for a 30th or 40th birthday dinner.Special Features:
- FOOD WAS POORKevinVIPDined on 7/26/2014The bone in filet steaks were very undercooked for our taste. We requested medium plus, and received medium rare and rare. By the time we realized, we didn't want to send them back so we stopped eating. Once the flow of the night was interrupted, we were done and ready to go. Manager was nice enough to take the steaks off the bill. Service was perfect, drinks were great, appetizers were wonderful. Only the steaks were wrong, and they were wrong at the next table as well, as they sent their steaks back for more cooking. The kitchen and chef can do better, especially for as long as this restaurant and chain has been open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great momentsMarianChadDined on 7/15/2014Really enjoyed the Albacore sushi with black truffles melt in your mouth great. The outside patio ambiance created a relaxed and casual experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique High QualityPippinDined on 7/11/2014There's no question that the staff makes the first impression, and the staff at Mastro's is second to none. They are not just thoughtful and considerate. They are genuine, and THAT'S a quality most other dining establishments fail to understand as being important. The food was top shelf. I cannot say enough good things about it. The music and customer talking level was a tad too loud, though. The lighting was so dark that we could not see how beautiful the food was without the help of a flashlight. The waiter was AMAZING-- but even he had trouble speaking over the "noise". We were straining to hear what he had to say, and what he had to say was very much worth hearing. But does the food overcome the noise and darkness? I don't know.Special Features:
- Great birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/2/2014This was our first visit to Mastro's and we chose the Penthouse over the main dining room for the more energetic vibe as we were celebrating two birthdays. We were seated on the terrace, which was great for enjoying the sunset. The food was delicious (highly recommend the gnocchi and the carpaccio), our drinks were never empty and our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable. The only negative came from the busser, who kept running into my dad's chair and even stepped on his feet a few times. When the entrees and side dishes were being served, the busser also dropped the spoon from the lobster mash (delicious!) onto my friend's suede loafer, without apologizing. Everything else was amazing, we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceMylaDined on 6/30/2014They keep good distance and bring all dishes with perfect timing except drink. Servers are professional and so friendly. All dishes have strong taste for me. It means a little salty... I would like to visit at Bar next time.Special Features:
- Loosing their class and service!zzkamDined on 6/21/2014I have dined at this Master's location at least twice a month for the last 7 year's. The last few months their service has been falling apart. They make consistant mistakes with orders and forget to even bring some orders. Food quality is also not consistent.Special Features:
- ExcellentMIMIDined on 6/21/2014I took my father there for Father's Day dinner and the food, service, and atmosphere was superb! It was his first time, and he LOVED it! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:
- The following 178 reviews are from the The Penthouse at Mastro's, Beverly Hills reviews archive.
- Delighted PatronsLAfoodieDined on 6/15/2014This was my family's first time visiting this restaurant. We heard great reviews and decided to celebrate our accomplishments, birthdays, and holidays in one night of dining. The food was great and the outdoors environment was amazing. The music was lively and the vibe was relaxing. It was a wonderful dinner and we are glad to have created a family member at this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My best Experience for Pre fathersPapaEDined on 6/8/2014Due to the Fact, i was out of country for Fathers day we Decided to go to Mastro Beverly Hills, tuesday May 10Th with my Children, we Sat in the patio at the Mastro penthouse and we really enjoyed the best Service, best food and the best crowedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor seating was greatyumyumDined on 5/26/2014i loved the outdoor seating, great wine, great steak. lovely for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- minesjDined on 5/20/2014very average in every way....went a few years ago and was overwhelmed......would not recommendSpecial Features:
- Always a great choice!!!!Foodie18VIPDined on 5/17/2014I've been here @the Penthouse the last three weeks in a row now!! The food, service & atmosphere are always great!! And the dj plays songs @ a level that's fun but not too loud to still enjoy your conversation!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentteshabDined on 5/16/2014This was a great restaurant. I enjoyed every thing. It was my 35th Birthday. One I will never forget. Thanks again everyone at Mastro's Penthouse Beverly Hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.