The Pelican Club
312 Exchange Alley
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
The Pelican Club
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pelicanclub.com/
- Phone: 5045231504x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Hughes Jr.
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Available
- Entertainment: Piano player on Friday and Saturday nights in the bar.
A word from The Pelican Club
The Pelican Club, offering a wide range of fabulous New Orleans dishes, consists of three dining rooms and a large bar fashioned from a handsome, 19th-century French Quarter townhouse, rising from the corner of Bienville Street and Exchange Place in the heart of the French Quarter. Owner, Richard Hughes, and his wife, Jean Stinnett-Hughes, transformed a neglected architectural gem into a welcoming restaurant decorated in a crisp blend of traditional and contemporary. Each room has its own ambiance, created with such diverse elements as burnished Louisiana cypress, contemporary paintings by New Orleans artists, antique prints, and the dramatic contrast of black-leather banquettes against cream-colored brick walls. Such an atmosphere is sure to make your meal feel like a truly New Orleans experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole / Cajun / Southern
The Pelican Club - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
The Pelican Club reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (128)fit for foodies (94)romantic (90)notable wine list (58)neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (49)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (17)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014About the single worst meal we have had in New Orleans ! Restaurant was dead yet service was still slow at best . Our people in our party and each agreed worst meal we have had ! Btw we are all locals and eat out often
- Too lould for fine diningPatF1025VIPDined on 8/30/2014Great food but so lould you have to scream at your guest Lunch might be better
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Went in August to take advantage of Coolinery menu and Pelican Club is excellent. Food is great and wait staff very attentative. I would recommend them!Special Features:
- Great Food, Service, great Value!NOLA1chickDined on 8/29/2014Dined during Coolinary special pricing. Delicious meal with nice variety of choices. Great service. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experience but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We were seated right away. The waiter was knowledgeable and immediately took our drink order. The food was excellent and even though some ordered appetizers as the main course, all the food was served at the appropriate time. The one down side to the experience was the noise level was high due to a rowdy table of women who were obviously celebrating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE LOVE LOVEOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014Incredibly fantastic food, a wonderful, romantic setting and outstanding service. Have never been disappointed with a meal at The Pelican Club. In my opinion, one of the top 2 or 3 restaurants in New Orleans, hands down. HIGHLY recommend. Every course was top quality products, presentation, temperature, etc. Cannot wait to go back. Be sure to make a reservation; this restaurant is very busy and oh so worth it. You will thoroughly enjoy the dining experience at The Pelican Club!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRusso111Dined on 8/27/2014Very nice place, food is good, but in a City like New Orleans I will try at least 10 other places before I go back.Special Features:
- wonderful experienceLindaDined on 8/25/2014This was my first visit but it won't be my last. I had the lobster dinner and it was delicious! The waiter was very helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Host/RecptionistPASalesguy1990Dined on 8/25/2014This guy needs an attitude adjustment. Doesn't smile, unfriendly. Acts like everything is a big deal. He is a buzz kill to the dining experience before you ever get started.Special Features:
- A TreatGibsongirl2Dined on 8/24/2014Went for "Coolinary in New Orleans" menu. It sounded delicious and it was. Our waiter was very good. We enjoyed talking with him. Loved that we had white table cloths, candles, and a standing fanned napkin but were able to come in dressed informally since we had no formal attire with us. We felt welcomed and enjoyed every part of the menu we chose. Appetizers were very good, entres also very good, and both of our desserts were very good. Wine was also excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and we will go back when we come again in August of 2015.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantLmb123Dined on 8/23/2014This was by far some of the best food in New Orleans. The "coolinary menu" offered several different choices so there is something for everyone. The only downside was that we were seated in the bar where there was a piano player playing some tunes so it made it kind of hard to talk to my date (It was a little loud). We had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Noisy!unnamedDined on 8/23/2014Sound buffers are desperately needed. Noise levels this high are not acceptable in a finer dining restaurant. Food and service were very good.
- excellentHDANGDined on 8/23/2014excellent food and services! great for recommendation!Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceKolleen1977Dined on 8/23/2014My group recently ate dinner at The Pelican Club. We all enjoyed our meals and the service was first rate. I would definitely encourage people to dine at The Pelican Club if they have the opportunity. They will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningWBNOLADined on 8/23/2014Would highly recommend The Pelican Club. Had the 4 course prix fixe. More food than 1 person can handle. The seafood martini is not to be missed. Another hidden gem is lobster/crab mushroom ravioli - to die for!. Service was great. Food was outstanding. All in all, Fantastic Evening.Special Features:
- Good place to goMeh606Dined on 8/22/2014Good was good. Service was good. Enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosieVIPDined on 8/22/2014The Pelican Club continues to have some of the best food in New Orleans, and to be one of the noisiest restaurants in New Orleans. We went fot the Coolinary. Pelican Club offered the widest menu choices of any of the partcipating restaurants. The appetizers at our table included calimari, crab cakkes and seafood martini. All were delicious. Entrees were Korean style barbecue ribs (outstanding), sauteed drum with crab meat (very good) and barbecue shrimp hot pot (ok). The creme brule for desert was up to Pelican Club standards (in my opinion, the best in town). converstaion was almost impossible because of the noise level.Special Features:
- So glad we went!NolaFoodie5Dined on 8/21/2014I hadn't been to the Pelican Club in quite some time. When I saw the Coolinary menu I told my husband we have to go. By far the best Coolinary offering of all the restaurants and I looked at almost all of them. We took our son & daughter-in-law and everyone loved it! We also took advantage of the cocktail/wine pairing they offer with this - nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coolinay WIN!NOLAgirlseatDined on 8/20/2014It's rare to get my mother, sister & I together, so when it happens, we look to have the best experience possible. We certainly got that at the Pelican Club with the delicious Coolinary menu options, cocktail & wine pairing menu, lovely ambiance, exceptional food & fantastic service. I have read some reviews about slow service or loud atmosphere at PC, but we experienced none of that negativity. We were there on a Wednesday night so that may have something to do with it. Our server was attentive but no too so. She was friendly, answered questions, made suggestions and left us to talk when it was appropriate. The food was superb; my mom's steak was perfect. Exceptional value during Coolinary as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner at Pelican ClubcoffeeladyDined on 8/20/2014I recently had my anniversary dinner at The Pelican Club. My husband and I have been dining on our anniversary for the past 5 years, and they never disappoint. The food is fantastic, especially the seafood martini, and the white chocolate bread pudding. The wait staff was pleasant and very helpful, their recommendations were on point. I would definitely dine there again, and have recommended others try as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for the Coolinary menuWeLiveToEatVIPDined on 8/19/2014and we were incredibly surprised. The menu had a ton of choices and the flavors were so delightful. Marcus and David were our servers - absolutely amazing people. It was a perfect evening.Special Features:
- RobertOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014One of the great restaurants in New Orleans and the Counrty.Special Features:
- consistently goodTerriDined on 8/16/2014I've dined here several times and have been impressed every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!JoeLDined on 8/14/2014Excellent front of house and wait staff, felt special from the moment we walked in. Everyone enjoyed the food. I had the Barbeque Shrimp...it was one of the best things I've ever eaten!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014Everything would have been perfect, if we could have heard our waiter and been able to talk to each other. It was so incredibly noisey it made it imposible to enjoy our dinner. I'm glad we had a gift certificate, because I would have been very upset to have to pay for that experience. The food was wonderful, however.Special Features:
- Program Specialistsfoodie2Dined on 8/14/2014Wonderful experience. Great service, great food, relaxed atmosphere, great company (went there with my two sisters). Although, my mint julep was served in a copper mug, which is classic to service in a metal container to stay cold longer, although the ice was not crushed like a classic julep, but squared, like it came from an ice-machine. Oh well, that did not take away from anything else about the restaurant, it was still a very nice evening for us. This was my third or fourth visit, and will definitely not be my last. Have to go back to get the whole fried flounder with chili sauce, which I almost ordered, but at the last minute opted for the lobster, with shrimp and scallops. Not disappointed in the least.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/13/2014wait staff was either short or just didn't care. we couldn't get one steady waiter or adequate service. felt as though we slipped thru the cracks,
- good food, good serviceAimeeDined on 8/13/2014The food was good. The environment was warm and cosy. The only problem was the noise level because of the group dining in with us but that really can't be helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelVIPDined on 8/11/2014Enjoyed the New Orleans culinary dinning experience as outsiders... Wonderful restaurant!Special Features:
- Absolutely fabulous!!weagle1019Dined on 8/10/2014Went here for dinner during a brief stay in the Crescent City and it was a memorable experience. First suggestion is to make a reservation using OpenTable. It is very easy to do and there is no confusion when you enter the restaurant. Also suggest confirming the reservation by calling TPC ahead of time in the event of Internet mishaps. Now to the dining experience. I chose the "Coolinary" fixed price menu, which was three courses plus a cocktail pairing with each course. The knowledgeable serving staff was excellent, as we were very well taken care of from start to finish. Even the server in training was very attentive. Anyone wanting a delicious and filling meal with excellent staff in a quiet and ambient setting, try The Pelican Club.Special Features:
- Perfectmrm1915Dined on 8/9/2014Pelican Club has the best Coolinary Menu every year. The wine pairing with the menu is excellent. It is the perfect place for dinner after wandering Royal on Dirty Linen Night!Special Features:
- wonderful dining experienceh504Dined on 8/9/2014This was my first visit on a Saturday night and it was a lot livlier than other days of the week. The food and service was still excellent even with the crowd. This is one of the best restaurants in the Quarter!
- Fantasticblong211Dined on 8/8/2014Wonderful atmosphere delicious food great service. The Pelican Club is the definition of fine dinning in New Orleans. By far my favorite resturaunt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!BrookgpVIPDined on 8/8/2014We've been here a few times and everytime we've had great service and amazing food! We had the coolinary menu which is the best in town! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- One of my favsmomoDined on 8/7/2014New Orleans is filled with wonderful food but one of my favorites is the pelican house for fine dining. Exceptional service, good ambience and fabulous food. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Yum!Apro7Dined on 8/5/2014Went to have the coolinary menu. The steak was perfectly cooked and quite possibly one of the best I've had. Erin was a fantastic server- friendly, attentive, and knowledgable. Loved the old school vibe of the wood panels and long twisting booths, had an old classic look.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Word..."Amazing"MichaelVIPDined on 8/3/2014We happened to be in NOLA over the weekend when they had the "White Linen Night" as well the start of "COOLinary", a month long experience of some wonderful restaurants that offers a special discounted 2 or 3 course menu for lunch and dinner. Bravo to Pelican Club for this year's outstanding menu selections as well as cocktails. The tuna sashimi was sublime with the wasabi glaze, the filet was well seasoned and tender and the crab cake with crab you can see. We went back a second night just so we could try different things. Kudos!Special Features:
- murmanDined on 8/3/2014The food was excellent. The wait staff were on their game. The room was quiet and the art work was appealing.I was pleased with the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMmadameVIPDined on 8/2/2014Went for the Coolinary Menu & it was outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I heard about this place from a friend. It was fantastic. The food was some of the best I've had in the city. Great downtown location in the heart of the French Quarter.Special Features: