The Pelican Cafe
826 Ocean Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Pelican Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://pelicanhotel.com/
- Phone: 3056731000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 11:00am
Lunch Daily: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 5:30pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 8:00am - 5:30pm
Dinner Nightly: Monday - Sunday 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Pelican Cafe
The PELICAN CAFE is a Miami Beach landmark. Since its opening in 1994 it has been a popular gathering place for international travelers, music and fashion mavens, designers and most importantly for Miami Beach locals. The Pelican Cafe offers an oasis of casual dining with a sophisticated menu of new Italian fare. The Pelican Cafe is without any doubt the best destination for great food and service in Ocean Drive and Miami Beach. It has been lauded by Giada de Laurentis (Food Network) as a must for breakfast and "Best Restaurant for Lunch" by Miami New Times, Best of Miami 2008. You will also enjoy our great cocktails as well as our wine list, noteworthy for its superb variety and value. The Pelican Cafe is located in the famous Pelican Hotel owned by the edgy Italian fashion company Diesel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Pelican Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (3)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Non lo suggeriscoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Mancanza di aria condizionata all'interno e gia' questo parlando degli Usa e' evento "poor", arrivati piatti sbagliati, vino in calice mediocre (poche scelte e nulla di sufficiente) e prezzi ingiustificatamente alti. Il pesce era mediamente buono cosi' come il filet mignon, ma nulla di eccezionale. Una delusione. Da non consigliare.
- It's Just Ok!DSHIDined on 6/18/2014Nothing special, total tourist trap. I don't recommend it.Special Features:
- Ok if u want beach lower priceIrishFredDined on 6/17/2014Food was just okay. Don't order oysters unless they tell you they're very fresh and cold. They do have some reasonably priced items on the menu. Fun location but the food is just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightedTimPDined on 6/8/2014Everything was very good, the food was well thought through and beautifully put together, cooked and presented. The service was refreshingly relaxed and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 18 reviews are from the The Pelican Cafe reviews archive.
- So good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/25/2014First time in cafe pelican! The food was soo good really ! Service are very friendly ! A little bit expensive but good and services are really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT dining recommendationluv2travelDined on 2/22/2014Dined on a Saturday night in Feb with 2 other girlfriends on the recommendation of another friend. Early dinner (around 7), so pretty quiet still. Gorgeous setting, table up away from busy sidewalk but still outside, with open view of beautiful interior. Shared a salad (delicious!), the shrimp pesto pasta (ridiculously fabulous), and a pizza (mediocre). Drinks weren't too pricey, but also weren't overwhelmingly wonderful (mojitos and caipirahnas). Considering how pricey it is to eat in Miami, we got a pretty good value - plenty of good food to eat without breaking the bank. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Pelican is a SoBe classicOTvipNdcVIPDined on 1/19/2014I haved dined at the Pelican a half dozen times, twice with my wife, and the food and service are consistently good. When I am traveling to Miami, I always make a point of visiting the Pelican. The paella is a personal favorite. Spend the extra amount and add the lobster tail. It is a good dish to share with your loved one. The oysters on the half shell are also delicious. they are on the large size. Ask to be seated on the veranda. It is perfect for people watching while enjoying the ocean breeze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve at the Pelican CafeKapoccettaDined on 12/31/2013Great location, vibrant atmosphere, good-looking people. fantastic fireworks and lots of music that helped melt together the picturesque crowd of Ocean Drive in South Beach. However, food and beverages were a real disaster and service was nothing to write home about... The menu was limited (my wife has an allergy to seafood and mushrooms and she almost could not find anything to eat), quantities small and some of our choices actually tasted bad or were either overcooked or too cold to be served. The first bottle of wine was undrinkable and sent back, the second and third were below average for their price. Not much of a choice for wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pelican CafenonesDined on 12/14/2013Good food and great service. This place is definitely in the mix on Ocean Drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the first, Not the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/28/2013Been here multiple times, always for Brunch and it's always been outstanding. Plus as is the custom in Miami you usually see someone known while you eat. Always a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a show - especiallyelmcap13VIPDined on 3/29/2013Dinner and a show - especially when you sit outside and watch the world go by- wow what a melting pop of people as they stroll on by...Special Features:
- Best Valentine's Day EVER!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Love this hotel (and restaurant of course)! Service was outstanding & atmosphere awesome, as always! Food was incredible! :0)Special Features:
- Waste of money & very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013Very very very Disappointed, According to some reviews I was expecting a very high-end restaurant with great service, And great food, But I got the contrary the food was mediocre the service was terrible because there was an event going on, So So the waiter did not give us the proper attention the food took so long to come the bread was very stale ,was never serve the proper way that I usually am served at a high-end restaurants.. I heard the pelican Café is owned by diesel company well they should give me a refund on jeans or something for the money I paid for the restaurant cause I was extremely disappointed... Too bad because the ambience is good with the energy of South Beach which is Great ,they should improve the restaurant service.Special Features:
- Cocktails incredibly largeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2012Cocktails incredibly large and overpriced. Overheard waitress being quite rude to Japanese visitors at table opposite when they received their bill and complained about price of cocktails -would maybe suggest some form of price indication on your drinks menu so that you do not take advantage of visitors to your city. In the service industry it is imperative that good customer service is exhibited and quite frankly my entire stay in your city was very poor on good customer service which did surprise me somewhat as I always believed that America was a bit of a leader in this field.
- Do not go here.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2012Very unpleasant. Water was never refilled, chairs were uncomfortable, waiter was rude, hostess was not trained how to check a reservation, music was too loud, and the bill included the tip but did not say so, instead asking for an "extra tip." Don't go here.
- What we ate was very tasty,OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/19/2012What we ate was very tasty, but it wasn't as described by our waiter or as represented on the menu. My wife ordered snapper in parchment that was supposed to be cooked with cherry tomatoes and zuccini. The dish had no tomatoes and only a small piece of zucchini. I ordered an open faced ravioli dish that was supposed to contain shrimp, prawns, and assorted other fish. It had one prawn and some very tiny shrimp. Both dishes were tasty, but frankly were skimped on in the contents. The wine was also heavily marked up. On the plus side, the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Take care!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2012The food is very good. The place has less "charm" than your history and the web site suggest. Take care with the offers by waiter, you can have a BIG surprise with the account.
- Great location for peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012Great location for people watching on South Beach. Food was excellent. Pricey, but that's to be expected on South Beach. probably less expensive than many other restaurants.Special Features:
- Reliable South Beach ClassicOTvipNdcVIPDined on 4/3/2012I always stop in on The Pelican Cafe when in South Beach. It is located in the heart of the famed Ocean Drive facing the ocean. The food is delicious and specialty drinks very tasty. My wife and I dined at the Pelican on April 3, 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. A word of caution: the prices are extremely high but it probably competitive with all the other establishments on Ocean. The total for the two of us over $230. We both had an appetizer and a cocktail, but shared an entree. Still, we would do it again because the ambiance and food were worth it.Special Features:
- The pasta at Pelican CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2012The pasta at Pelican Cafe is delicious! The restaurant is a bit noisy, but stylish and very South Beach!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant on Ocean DriveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2012Pelican Cafe is our favorite restaurant in South Beach for good reason. They are consistently reliable, the food is delicious, the location and people watching is top notch, and the service is excellent. There is nothing not to like. They have always honored our reservations, taken table requests, and the servers aren't pushy or overbearing - they are laid back and the meal is paced well. The food is always amazing, good portions, not enough to stuff you but not too small either. We had a 4 course meal (1appetizer, 2salads, 2entrees and a shared dessert) and the bill was about $150 with added tip. FYI: The gratuity is included on all checks in south beach, you can add more if you like. Also, the vibe here is great, perfect spot for people wSpecial Features:
- This restaurant is a fun placeConFeedbackDined on 2/10/2012This restaurant is a fun place to people watch while you dine. They have an excellent shrimp cocktail appetizer. The portions are large and we very much enjoyed our meals. Our timing was off though and there was a downpour of rain that lasted the entire hour we were dining outside on their patio. There was a lot of splashing and the staff used broom handles to push up the canopy to get the rain to pour off onto the sidewalk near the diners.Special Features: