3725 Main Street
College Park, GA 30337Neighborhood:
Airport / College Park
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepecanrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (404) 762-8444
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am -3:00pm; Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am -2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Southern
- Executive Chef: Tony Morrow
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining for 10 or more 5:30pm -10:30pm Sunday and all day Monday.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl D McKinney 4047928444
- Entertainment: Live Jazz @ Brunch
A word from The Pecan
You are invited to experience The Pecan, College Park's newest fine dining restaurant. We offer eclectic flavors expertly fused under the watchful eye of Chef Tony Morrow.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
The Pecan - Best Restaurants in Airport / College Park ›
The Pecan reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (44)special occasion (41)romantic (36)good for groups (22)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- KathyVIPDined on 11/21/2014What a find!! We were here at a hotel for a conference looking for great food and we found it. This place had such amazing food that we went back the very next night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Absolute Great Place to DineBestDined on 11/15/2014We just loved everything about the Pecan Kudos to Cedric...he was a great! He was very attentive and he was very knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:
- What a wonderful Saturday evening experience.Niceplace1Dined on 11/15/2014This restaurant revival anything Buckhead or the Downtown Atlanta scene offers. The food is wonderful and worth the price. The service is beyond expectation and the professional décor of the staff beyond reproach. The restaurant is not for young children in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely good but overpricedHighstandards1Dined on 11/13/2014overall the food is very good. There is definitely a good chef in the back who knows what he/she is doing. The Grits are fantastic. I do think it is overpriced for some of what you get. Good service, nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Morning Sir!pazuzuVIPDined on 11/11/2014When our waiter Jonathan greeted us this way for our dinner we knew he'd be different. =) A little offbeat and always entertaining his presence was much appreciated. Gin & tonic was fantastic. Blackened shrimp was delicious. There was a really big group next to us so there seemed to be slightly longer waiting times for service. Nevertheless, the environment was great.
- TweedBordeauxDined on 11/8/2014Great food, service, and location. consistently a genuine great restaurant to dine with friends and good food!Special Features:
- Outstanding Food and ServiceBusExecsATLDined on 11/3/2014Service was excellent. We arrived 30 mins before the doors opened for dinner, but someone came to the door, unlocked it and let us sit inside until our customer/guest arrived. All the while, they still served us even though the restaurant was technically closed! Once they did open and we began ordering food we found a large and interesting menu and the food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- picklesDined on 11/1/2014Great time and food . Wonderful waitress and staff membersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDeliciousBirthdayDined on 10/14/2014A pleasant place on Main Street in College Park the staff was congenial. The Tybee Island crab cakes were awesome, so were the grits and collard greens. Will go back for the lamb chop they looked delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicemittinlivinDined on 10/7/2014Best meal I've had in a restaurant in years. Wonderful service. Every menu item plus specials were something I would have chosen for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindSunshineRedDined on 10/3/2014A girlfriend of mine was dropping someone off at the airport and asked if I wanted to meet up for dinner. As I live on the south side it is often challenging to find an upscale restaurant. I went online and did a quick search and stumbled upon reviews for The Pecan. The first 4 or 5 that I read raved about it so I figured that we would give it a try. We were not disappointed. I knew I was in for a treat when I tastedy side salad. Who talks about a side salad, right? Nice greens, blue cheese crumbles, pecans and slices of pear. Might have been some other things in there as well but it was wonderful. The catfish and grits were delicious well. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great.Luv2eatDined on 10/3/2014Open table allowed us to make a 2 pm reservation when the restaurant close at that time. Everything was great our waitress was very professional but we were rushed a little.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my first visit at The Pecan. I've traveled down Main Street many times for work and never noticed it. A client suggested a meeting lunch there and I'm glad she did. The food was pretty good and the atmosphere was energetic. I had the chicken with pesto cream which was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and ambianceGJB1Dined on 9/30/2014There are very few nice restaurants near ATL; so, this place is welcome outside of any of the hotels near the airport. The place makes an attempt to be elegant, but just misses below that mark. In a way, this awkward pretense is part of the charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDiscerningDinerDined on 9/28/2014Me and a friend went to the Pecan for Sunday brunch. The food was excellent and the service was superb. You must try the chicken sausage quiche!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return Customerlost4wordsDined on 9/27/2014Everything is always great - the food is hot and delicious, the service is friendly and professional and the environment is perfect for small groups, couples and just a couple of friends having dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ...from CherryCherryDined on 9/26/2014This was my first visit to The Pecan...the atmosphere was warm, pleasant, stimulating--romantic. And the food--what can i say; wonderfully delicious--just melts in your mouth!!. You have a great chef!. I enjoyed everything so much on Friday--that I was back again on Sunday for lunch!!. The server's are professional in appearance and mannerism. First class all the way! Love the light jazz during Sunday lunch--not over powering or too loud. Just perfect for a Sunday afternoon. I highly recommend The Pecan to anyone who wants to have dinner in a great atmosphere and the best mouth-watering lobster and salmon food ever! Can't wait to come back with more family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodjimwright88Dined on 9/26/2014Seafood was fantastic, and also safe to eat because it is from the Atlantic & not from the Gulf. Duck dish was also delicious. Nice selection of beverages, whether mixed drinks or wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PecanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014The food is excellent! Everything is perfectly seasoned. Perfect for a night out or dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FinddinerschoiceDined on 9/20/2014I consider myself a foodie and love great food. Having dinner at the Pecan exceeded my expectations. The crab cake appetizer was amazing and the feature dishes did not disappoint. I had the lamb with green beans and collard greens and my guest had the grilled pork loin with jasmine rice and collard greens. I will be back again and again and will be bringing my family and friends along for the cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchAtlantaTouristsDined on 9/12/2014One of my favorite dinner spots. First time going there for lunch. Lunch menu is very limited. Food was good, but not great. Really nothing all that interesting and nothing we had that was exceptionally good. So impressed by dinner, that I was surprised at how ordinary lunch was. At $60 for two for lunch, Chili's or Red Lobster or Longhorn would have been a better choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014But the side were small could have been larger are server was very knowledgeable and friendly would recommend to a friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING !!!Jjmack1999Dined on 8/29/2014A wonderful place with great staff and incredible food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Fabulous Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014I always love going to The Pecan. The service is Fantastic because there is not a lot if turnover with servers. They are all very professional and accomodating. The food is Delicious. I like the small restaurant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Place for Business LunchTwistSouthernDined on 8/22/2014Delicious options with a southern twist. Great place to take a guest from out of town or a business client.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find by the airportPschwanDined on 8/21/2014Having an early flight the following day, we decided to stay at a hotel nearby. The restaurant had a lot more atmosphere than I expected.the server was friendly. The wine was great. We were both satisfied with our meal (pork chop, lamb chop, appetizer assortment). Located in something of a food dessert, this restaurant was a very pleasant surprise. It would be a great place to have dinner if you have a long layover.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Addition!ATL4funDined on 8/21/2014The food at the Pecan is very good. I especially enjoyed the Shrimp and Grits. At the time that I made the reservations, I stated that we were celebrating a birthday. We displayed the birthday cards on the table that (based on his comments) caught the attention of one of the servers. I thought that my husband's birthday would be acknowledged with a small dessert; however, it was not. I would have preferred a table in the smaller dining area as opposed to the table along the wall. The wall tables are so close together that our private conversation, or the next table's conversation, was not so private. Overall, I enjoyed the evening and I will return, just not for a special birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ATL layoverLuv2caterDined on 8/18/2014Sean was an excellent waiter. He took his time in explaining the specials for the day. He made some excellent recommendations since I only eat seafood. Very attentive to details and kept our drinks (Peach tea and Homemade Lemonade) filled. The blackened salmon was awesome!! It was served with asparagus and sweet potato purée. VERY TASTY!! Since this restaurant is so close to our (layover) hotel, I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quieter During the weeklost4wordsDined on 8/13/2014We dined recently on a Saturday at 6:30 and Wednesday at 6:00 - the Wednesday was much quieter - no children. A number of business people vs families and large groups. We prefer the quiet setting. However, both times the food and service were great - Great value for the $$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/12/2014Good food, but service is SLOW! We sat for a good 10 minutes before we were given a drink menu. Maybe the wait staff was less that day. Food was delicious and worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodiamraestaDined on 8/11/2014I love this place, and I love the food. The lamb chops were the bomb.comSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Lunch1TruthfulDinerDined on 8/11/2014Treated a good friend to lunch in celebration of a birthday. Our server was attentive and nice. Our meal, Shrimp & Grits, is probably the best I've eaten in Atlanta. I love the quaintness of a small storefront cafe on Main StreetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceluvgoodfoodDined on 8/10/2014This was my first visit to the Pecan and I would definitely recommend it. I'm looking forward to taking my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Surprise!MrPookieDined on 8/9/2014I had purchased a groupon dinner for 4 here, had not used in allotted time frame so decided to use residual value for dinner with my wife. Since I travel alot, I get a chance to see many different types of restaurants. This one stands out. We started with a cocktail for me and glass of wine for my wife, great wine list with moderate by the glass options. The Broushetta appetizer we shared was excellent, I had a bowl of their lukewarm (like it was supposed to be) Asparagus and bean soup while my wife had a great side salad. For Main Course I had the spicey Blackened Shrimp on spiced up grits while my wife had the Cornish Game Hen. Both were EXCELLENT! No room for desert, we did put this on the list for a revisit.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!PEteacherDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten at this restaurant for a few years. Love the food. Love the ambiance. After 32 years of marriage this is our " date night" spot. We have always had great service. This time our server was not as good as some we had in the past. She greeted us well and was very friendly But. I had to ask several times for her to refill my water glass. And we never received our bread. On the plus side, our server did give us a little extra bread in my to go box. Not a deal breaker. We will definitely continue to frequent The Pecan restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best shrimp & grits I've ever had!LauritaVIPDined on 8/7/2014I noted in my reservation it was our 1st time dining here and a birthday celebration. I felt annoyed immediately when we were sat at a table right by the kitchen door which loudly swung open and close every few seconds as servers came in and out- especially when there were plenty of other tables available in the adjoining more dimly lit hence more romantic room. I am a server so I HATE to be that person to ask to change tables but as it was my birthday I did anyways. So it was a rocky start, and there were many service flaws throughout the meal- but the food was EXCELLENT and Jonathon did send us out an ice cream on the house at the end which was a nice touch- praline ice cream which we dumped right on top of our pecan pie- yum!Special Features:
- Amazing!AvidDined on 8/5/2014What a fabulous restaurant, the food, the ambience, the service...what wonderful dining experience! Found this little gem after arriving in Atlanta and was impressive with everything. Me and my colleagues were so happy to find this restaurant and we were well taken care of by John, our waiter. He was fun, attentive and made us feel welcome. Love Pecan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014place to dine! Amazing and the live jazz was great!Special Features:
- Excellence requires trainnngsisterDined on 8/2/2014I love the Pecan and the very cosistent service. They need to spend more time training the waitstaff. Our waiters kept reaching in front and overu during our meal. That is my only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will not be disappointed.YellowbrownieDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend and we were not disappointed. The food, service, and ambience was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.