3725 Main Street
College Park, GA 30337Neighborhood:
Airport / College Park
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepecanrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4047628444
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am -3:00pm; Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am -2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Southern
- Executive Chef: Tony Morrow
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining for 10 or more 5:30pm -10:30pm Sunday and all day Monday.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl D McKinney 4047928444
- Entertainment: Live Jazz @ Brunch
A word from The Pecan
You are invited to experience The Pecan, College Park's newest fine dining restaurant. We offer eclectic flavors expertly fused under the watchful eye of Chef Tony Morrow.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
The Pecan - Best Restaurants in Airport / College Park ›
The Pecan reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)special occasion (62)romantic (47)fit for foodies (46)great for brunch (32)great for lunch (31)good for groups (29)notable wine list (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)hot spot (3)Show More
- Excellent Place for Business LunchTwistSouthernDined on 8/22/2014Delicious options with a southern twist. Great place to take a guest from out of town or a business client.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find by the airportPschwanDined on 8/21/2014Having an early flight the following day, we decided to stay at a hotel nearby. The restaurant had a lot more atmosphere than I expected.the server was friendly. The wine was great. We were both satisfied with our meal (pork chop, lamb chop, appetizer assortment). Located in something of a food dessert, this restaurant was a very pleasant surprise. It would be a great place to have dinner if you have a long layover.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Addition!ATL4funDined on 8/21/2014The food at the Pecan is very good. I especially enjoyed the Shrimp and Grits. At the time that I made the reservations, I stated that we were celebrating a birthday. We displayed the birthday cards on the table that (based on his comments) caught the attention of one of the servers. I thought that my husband's birthday would be acknowledged with a small dessert; however, it was not. I would have preferred a table in the smaller dining area as opposed to the table along the wall. The wall tables are so close together that our private conversation, or the next table's conversation, was not so private. Overall, I enjoyed the evening and I will return, just not for a special birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ATL layoverLuv2caterDined on 8/18/2014Sean was an excellent waiter. He took his time in explaining the specials for the day. He made some excellent recommendations since I only eat seafood. Very attentive to details and kept our drinks (Peach tea and Homemade Lemonade) filled. The blackened salmon was awesome!! It was served with asparagus and sweet potato purée. VERY TASTY!! Since this restaurant is so close to our (layover) hotel, I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quieter During the weeklost4wordsDined on 8/13/2014We dined recently on a Saturday at 6:30 and Wednesday at 6:00 - the Wednesday was much quieter - no children. A number of business people vs families and large groups. We prefer the quiet setting. However, both times the food and service were great - Great value for the $$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Good food, but service is SLOW! We sat for a good 10 minutes before we were given a drink menu. Maybe the wait staff was less that day. Food was delicious and worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodiamraestaDined on 8/11/2014I love this place, and I love the food. The lamb chops were the bomb.comSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Lunch1TruthfulDinerDined on 8/11/2014Treated a good friend to lunch in celebration of a birthday. Our server was attentive and nice. Our meal, Shrimp & Grits, is probably the best I've eaten in Atlanta. I love the quaintness of a small storefront cafe on Main StreetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceluvgoodfoodDined on 8/10/2014This was my first visit to the Pecan and I would definitely recommend it. I'm looking forward to taking my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Surprise!MrPookieDined on 8/9/2014I had purchased a groupon dinner for 4 here, had not used in allotted time frame so decided to use residual value for dinner with my wife. Since I travel alot, I get a chance to see many different types of restaurants. This one stands out. We started with a cocktail for me and glass of wine for my wife, great wine list with moderate by the glass options. The Broushetta appetizer we shared was excellent, I had a bowl of their lukewarm (like it was supposed to be) Asparagus and bean soup while my wife had a great side salad. For Main Course I had the spicey Blackened Shrimp on spiced up grits while my wife had the Cornish Game Hen. Both were EXCELLENT! No room for desert, we did put this on the list for a revisit.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!PEteacherDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten at this restaurant for a few years. Love the food. Love the ambiance. After 32 years of marriage this is our " date night" spot. We have always had great service. This time our server was not as good as some we had in the past. She greeted us well and was very friendly But. I had to ask several times for her to refill my water glass. And we never received our bread. On the plus side, our server did give us a little extra bread in my to go box. Not a deal breaker. We will definitely continue to frequent The Pecan restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best shrimp & grits I've ever had!LauritaVIPDined on 8/7/2014I noted in my reservation it was our 1st time dining here and a birthday celebration. I felt annoyed immediately when we were sat at a table right by the kitchen door which loudly swung open and close every few seconds as servers came in and out- especially when there were plenty of other tables available in the adjoining more dimly lit hence more romantic room. I am a server so I HATE to be that person to ask to change tables but as it was my birthday I did anyways. So it was a rocky start, and there were many service flaws throughout the meal- but the food was EXCELLENT and Jonathon did send us out an ice cream on the house at the end which was a nice touch- praline ice cream which we dumped right on top of our pecan pie- yum!Special Features:
- Amazing!AvidDined on 8/5/2014What a fabulous restaurant, the food, the ambience, the service...what wonderful dining experience! Found this little gem after arriving in Atlanta and was impressive with everything. Me and my colleagues were so happy to find this restaurant and we were well taken care of by John, our waiter. He was fun, attentive and made us feel welcome. Love Pecan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014place to dine! Amazing and the live jazz was great!Special Features:
- Excellence requires trainnngsisterDined on 8/2/2014I love the Pecan and the very cosistent service. They need to spend more time training the waitstaff. Our waiters kept reaching in front and overu during our meal. That is my only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will not be disappointed.YellowbrownieDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend and we were not disappointed. The food, service, and ambience was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden JewelsandysoasisDined on 8/1/2014The Pecan was spectacular. The food was great and the presentation of the meal was beautiful. Phil, our waiter, was very attentive and described the menu very eloquently. He went above and beyond good service.Special Features:
- Great Spot!Boomer49Dined on 7/27/2014Excellent food, relaxed atmosphere and a welcomed addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great placelost4wordsDined on 7/26/2014The Pecan is an excellent spot for dinner. The food is excellent. The Lamb chops, the shrimp, the crab cakes all exceeded our expectations. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SurpriseMochaCafeDined on 7/25/2014A must try! Delicious food. Great service. Delightful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS GREATUPSETVIPDined on 7/23/2014There is nothing I can say this time thats not always said...the place and the food is always great. I had an out of town guest that had not been there and he is still raving about the staff and the food. Congrats again for helping me hit a home run with a client.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!AButterflyDined on 7/22/2014It was my boyfriend's birthday and we had a great time. The food was delicious and we enjoyed the ambiance. Our waiter wasn't bad, but not up to par for the caliber of this restaurant. Great overall experience though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriserodetofunDined on 7/22/2014My husband and I were pleased with our overall dining experience. Great ambience, service and breakaway from the average menu.Special Features:
- Great experiencecardimagesDined on 7/21/2014Good food. Good Service. Good time! You have to eat here!Special Features:
- Thank you! Atlanta Eats.EddieDined on 7/19/2014Saul restaurant on Atlanta Eats television show. My wife saw the pecan pie and had to go. Went there on a Saturday at opening about six. The food was superb I had the shrimp and grits. It was the best ship shrimp and grits I've ever had in my life and I have tried that entrée all over the United States and abroad. That was the best hands down. My wife had the salmon and she said that was the best salmon she ever had. She really enjoy the pecan pie. The only downside to my visit was that I wanted a slice of sweet potato pie to take home but it was not ready and we had to leave after waiting 15 minutes for it. Overall I would recommend this restaurant and give it five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ATLGNODined on 7/18/2014The food was exceptional and presentation beautiful. The service was excellent. I couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate the birthday my loved one. This restaurant is a gem!!!Special Features:
- Overall ExperienceKJV1611MANDined on 7/15/2014I thought that the restaurant was situated strategically so as to enhance the expectation of the customers. This means that the expectations were exceeded considering the location and the interior design. The personal was quite good with knowledge of the menu and the knowledge of extemporaneous aspects pertaining to the components of the menu. I was overall pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/14/2014The food was very good. Service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/11/2014great service and food, but too pricey for what we ordered and receivedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended-not good.DisappointedDinerDined on 7/10/2014Only one vegetable was offered with the specials. Waiter was also the bar tender. Waiter did not check on us after the large party converged on the bar. Another waiter got dessert & check for us.
- Marvelous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Everything was great! I had the shrimp and pepper jack grits, as well as the crab cake appetizer and both were out of this world. In fact. The food and service was so excellent, I returned for the same entrees right before taking my flight back home. When I visit Atlanta again The Pecan will definitely be one restaurant that I repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceShonta20Dined on 7/8/2014Visited The Pecan because I had a travelzoo voucher. I must say I was absolutely pleased with everything from reception to paying our bill. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placecaptmikeVIPDined on 6/30/2014While on a stop over in Atlanta i found this place on open table. I convinced an Atlanta native to pick me up at the hotel. They had no idea this place existed. What a great neighborhood gem. I will be back and of course so will the Atlanta native. This Resturant is worth the tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great at The Pecan on MainBdayClubDined on 6/29/2014Wonderful food and terrific servers. Pleasant, bright atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant In TownneeqDined on 6/27/2014I feel bad for anyone who has never experienced The Peacan. The food is perfection, the service is exemplary and atmosphere is welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRIJagsDined on 6/24/2014This is the best resturant meal I have had in a long time. When we arrived at 6:00 there were only a few tables occupied. By the time we left it was full but the noise level was not bad. My friend and I shared a wedge salad- it was great. The blue cheese dressing was tangy with a bit of sweetness. It was a perfect size to share. For my entree I had one of the specials- a grilled pork chop. It was being served with jasmine rice but I asked for risotto which came with another special- it was no problem. The friend had another special- stuffed chicken. We shared the peach cobbler for desert. With one glass of wine the bill was $80 plus tip. If you are near airport coming or going or not- this is worth going out of way for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimbobDined on 6/23/2014Great food in Historic College Park. Great atmosphere in an old building near historic train station. It was vibrant with a lot of young professionals and was not too noisy. The lamb chop and fish entrees were wonderful. I would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- 2southsidersDined on 6/21/2014A true gem on the south side of town. Intimate setting with great food. The food was delicious with an unexpected twist like the pecan crusted shrimp cocktail. Dinner portions are generous, in fact, we enjoyed our crabcake and fried lobster tail the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great serviceDavesFavesRavesDined on 6/19/2014I took an old friend to a restaurant near the airport as he and his wife were departing to return to Texas. Most of my "go to"s are in north Atlanta and midtown. I had seen a review of Pecan on a tv show. It was all of the high review they gave, impressed my friends. We loved the crabcakes and my duck was one of the best I have ever had. Only problem was the high volume of noise exacerbated by the charming bricks, making quiet conversation difficult. Our waiter, Cedric, was one of the best servers I have experienced. He was knowledgeable of the menu, helpful with selections, and attentive. He is a huge resource for the restaurant. I am now a raving fan and will be talking about it for weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The food was great, the initial beverage service was a bit slow. We enjoyed the Jazz Musician performing during Brunch.Special Features: