641 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Short North - Arena District
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepearlcolumbus.com/
- Phone: (614) 227-0151
- Hours of Operation:
The Pearl opens at 4:00 p.m. daily for dinner.
We also offer a fantastic Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00-3:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Paisley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Takeout, Wine
A word from The Pearl
A Jewel Long in the Making. And well worth the wait. Cameron Mitchell’s first new restaurant concept in five years, The Pearl, is a well-polished culinary jewel that showcases made-from-scratch food, classically inspired cocktails and an exclusive selection of Ales, Lagers & Stouts. All within one urban and cozy tavern. White exposed brick, original hard wood floors, over-sized iron beams and windows that open to High Street complete this unique gastropub, located in the Short North Arts District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Pearl reviews from OpenTable diners
327 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (224)hot spot (183)neighborhood gem (173)special occasion (120)vibrant bar scene (114)good for groups (94)great for brunch (63)romantic (57)notable wine list (40)late-night find (37)great for lunch (21)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2014Went for dinner with friends on a Tuesday night. Excellent food, had burger & fries, nothing fancy, but was high-quality and very tasty. Fries we're steak style and well done. Burger was tasty, juicy and on a super soft bun with a creamy Gouda type cheese. Great beer selection (bottle & tap) some local, regional and international. Charlie was a great server, nice atmosphere, busy but not overcrowded. $8 Valet parking was pricey, but convenient. I'll be back. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great theme, Great food, Wonderful service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Went for my first year anniversary. The mood was perfect, the food was incredible and the server made a special request for sparkling fruit juice for my pregnant wife a reality. It's a classy joint that I'm recommending to friends and family already :) Also, the prices were surprisingly low for the quality of food we got. Seriously, everything was awesome here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceKjr23Dined on 11/11/2014Our server Jordan, was probably the best server I've ever had. He truly went above and beyond to make dining at the pearl a wonderful experience. The food was terrific too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable, but a little over pricedBrian8brainDined on 11/11/2014My date and I had a pleasant time at the pearl. The room was dimly light with a candle light atmosphere. Quite romantic. The serve was kind and informative, but a little busy at times. Overall, it is a fine restaurant. The only con is the pricing of the food for the quality and quantity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, stellar serviceDinerX5Dined on 11/10/2014The Pearl was very clean and inviting With a relaxing atmosphere. The menu and drink list were unique. The service was fantastic! The waiter was very knowledgable of the menu and the ingredients of each dish. He was able to make fantastic recommendations fro the drinks to starters, salads, entres and deserts. We had a wonderful time and will return again. I would highly recommend a visit to the Pearl. P.S. We may try out the oyster bar the next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The PearlItalygirlDined on 11/10/2014This is one of my favorite Short North spots. It had been several months since I'd been, and it was just as good. The Burger is my favorite thing to get on the menu, and our server, Jordan, was just delightful.Special Features:
- Excellent menu choices; great beerJillKDined on 11/10/2014Took my clients there for dinner. Had exceptional beer choices as well as intersting (and tasty) menu options. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- LoveEatingOutDined on 11/10/2014Great food, great service--dining at the Pearl is always a wonderful treat!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!RaulioDined on 11/9/2014Great food, great brunch selections! We finally bit the bullet and decided to give the Pearl a try, very glad that we did, Cameron Mitchell restaurants always hit the mark : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014Good food, especially the smoked salmon and the braised porkSpecial Features:
- DisappointedHurricane123Dined on 11/8/2014The atmosphere and service were excellent but the food was not up to par. Our appetizers and drinks were good but at the servers recommendation we got the braised short rib and shrimp and grits, supposedly the two best things on the menu. The short rib was the saltiest dish I have ever had in a restaurant and the shrimp and grits were drowning in broth which basically turned the grits into a soup. The shrimp were also overcooked. For the price and Cameron Mitchell reputation I expected better.Special Features:
- Friday mayhemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Through the Friday night craziness, the waitstaff was amazing. The food was delicious and who doesn't love a Moscow mule but really what made the experience was the people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the spoonbread!OhioFoodie70Dined on 11/7/2014The restaurant was pretty busy but it was a Friday night, so it's to be expected. The hostesses were very nice. We were early for our reservation and thought we would sit at the bar, however it's not very big and there were no open seats. We stood with our drinks for a few minutes, but were actually able to be seated early. The restaurant was loud but my husband and I could heat each other just fine. We ordered the jalapeno spoonbread which was the best I think I have had! We also had the garlic parmesan clams which were also tasty. I ordered the catch of the day, which was scallops. The server neglected to mention that the dish also had pork belly. I am not a vegetarian but if I were that would have been good to know. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent location and food!Dave81230Dined on 11/7/2014The Pearl defines what a gastro pub is. It is a place for great, non-pretentious comfort food. We had the southern fried chicken and Cuban sandwich and kept eating off each other's plates. The pot'o'pickles at happy hour, $2, was outstanding. Well worth the money too... $8 valet parking is a nice perk instead of hunting and hunting for a parking spot...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happening SpotFunnightoutDined on 11/7/2014The menu was different, but we enjoyed what we ordered and the atmosphere was really fun! We would go back again and recommend to our friends. The happy hour appetizers are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvsgreatfoodVIPDined on 11/5/2014This is my favorite restaurant in the Short North part of Columbus. I have eaten at the Pearl at least a dozen times and never dissapointed. A great atmosphere inside. Excellent food and service. I will be back there upon my return to Columbus. Dining at the Pearl in the middle of the week will give you the feel that it's a Friday or Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visitskhornDined on 11/2/2014Glad we returned. We have been wanting to go back for ages. Glad we did.Special Features:
- Great evening with friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed celebrating the anniversary of our friends at The Pearl. The hostess was very accommodating when we asked for a table further from the door on a cold evening. Our food and drinks and desserts were quite delicious! Service was great...Andy was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr JarrettJMJ615Dined on 11/1/2014I've been many times and taken many guests here. The food is always high quality and tastes delicious. I love the warm decor and the location though a bit busy out front, which is understandable in the short north, is great. If you get a window seat, which I did on my last visit, you can see the sights and sounds of the Short North which can be quite entertaining in itself. All in all a good experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014Just tight fit need some breathing room.Food was worth the wait.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baked Oysters and Shrimp and GritsGenevieveDined on 11/1/2014I do not miss a visit to Pearl when I am in Town. Excellent beer selection. Tried Wyld Beer for the first time and now a fan. The Shrimp and Grits were lovely with the Kielbasa flavoring. I come every time for the Nawlins baked oysters. 3 on an appetizer plate with a hunk of bread to sop up the sauce. Nirvana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014The menu was quite varied and interesting. We were grateful for the help from our very knowledgeable server.Special Features:
- TrendyGABUCKIDined on 10/31/2014Recommended by a chef in Columbus- great variety of food choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal each and every time!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2014I’ve dined at The Pearl several times. I have ordered different entrées and starters from the menu each time and have always been very satisfied; the food and service are outstanding. I do want to give a special “shout out” for the Short Ribs and Devils on Horseback!Special Features:
- Rare Find in 2014CravemanDined on 10/29/2014Entertaining discerning out of town guests. (who happen to be tough critics!) The Pearl was perfect. Excellent service. Excellent food. Excellent night. Thank you!Special Features:
- Fun, decent food good beer and winejcalaskaDined on 10/29/2014Eclectic food choices with some good items. Great Beer and wine and energy in this place.Special Features:
- Great for Meals with FriendsDavis5470Dined on 10/29/2014The pearl is an excellent spot for both friends and guests. It has a very laidback and warm feel. The food is absolutely rich and soulful. I'd highly recommend the pearl to any Columbus foodies and friends.Special Features:
- RayNDined on 10/28/2014When I visit Columbus, "The Pearl" is my 1st choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st impression.SnootieFoodiewithSoulDined on 10/26/2014The Menu doesn't really offer much of interest. So I chose to try the Southern Fried Chicken It comes with Greens and a Sweet Roll. So I ordered a Baked Potato also. You cant have just chicken and greens it makes you feel like you missed part of the meal. The Chicken surprised me it was nice and moist although cooked a little darker than I like it. I had to ask for a second sweet roll because the first was too hard for me to bite without breaking a tooth. The Greens were tasty, not as good as my momma's Sunday dinner of course but a nice substitute. I may go back and try something else but I doubt it. The meals aren't balanced as my son would say you need 3 things and bread before you can call it dinner.
- Amazing Grilled Cheese @ BrunchStefanDined on 10/26/2014I had the Eggs Benny(ie?) - and went with a hard fried egg versus the poached option. Really good! My wife had the grilled cheese which I kid you not, was the best in my life! The cheese with the pear chutney and the pesto were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchDiningdiva1Dined on 10/26/2014Best chicken ever. How they can make a fried chicken that is totally without grease and so moist is beyond me. Their homemade sausage is awesome as well!! Oh, and let's not forget their own Bloody Mary mix with their Serrano infused Vodka :) Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemMikeDined on 10/25/2014Wonderful to find fresh seafood in the middle states. Everything we had was excellent but the shrimp and grits was to die for. By the way, Moscow Mule... Make that two please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous service and food!lovesfoodDined on 10/24/2014The service was top notch and the food was incredibly good. The only complaint is that we were at the very first table by the door so it was freezing with the people walking in and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive Service, Fabulous FoodMyriadTastesDined on 10/24/2014Stumbled upon The Pearl when we were here for OSU Parent and Family weekend. So glad we did! Devils on Horseback are a Must Have. All of our entrees were delicious too! Attentive service, which seems to be rare these days. Only disappointment was the Moscow Mule. Not strong enough and the taste of the fresh ginger did not come through. Highly recommend this joint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cbus weekend with friendstarpDined on 10/24/2014Great recommendation from friends! Love the ambience! Fried chicken and oysters were delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, Lively and Good Foodjnb1024Dined on 10/24/2014We went out to a Friday "date night" at the Pearl. We were sat between a birthday party and another large group so it was quite loud but it seemed like regardless of where you sit it would be a lively setting. We had clams, oysters and a few of the craft beers they offered on the menu and everything was excellent. Not a great place for a romantic evening but good spot for a group or a start to a fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationFoodDined on 10/21/2014We love coming to The Pearl for all our special occasions in life. We enjoy the drinks, the oyster bar, and the incredible food they have to offer! My fiancé claims they have the best Manhattans in the city! This past trip, I was disappointed after making a reservation and still had to wait 20 mins to be seated. Overall, excellent dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supper MenuRadioactiveDined on 10/21/2014The braised short ribs are fantastic. Don't pass them up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedGoodEaterDined on 10/19/2014We had a 6:30 reservation - got there at 6:25, place was packed. We were told we needed to wait until a table opened up. Waited 30 minutes and ended up ordering food at the bar because we needed to run off for a concert. Guess a reservation doesn't mean much to Pearl. Bright spot was the bartenders did a great job!Special Features:
- A bit didappointingTanjDined on 10/19/2014This was the first time I have ever been disappointed in the service and food at a Cam's restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.