641 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Short North - Arena District
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepearlcolumbus.com/
- Phone: 6142270151x
- Hours of Operation:
The Pearl opens at 4:00 p.m. daily for dinner.
We also offer a fantastic Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00-3:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Paisley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Takeout, Wine
A word from The Pearl
A Jewel Long in the Making. And well worth the wait. Cameron Mitchell’s first new restaurant concept in five years, The Pearl, is a well-polished culinary jewel that showcases made-from-scratch food, classically inspired cocktails and an exclusive selection of Ales, Lagers & Stouts. All within one urban and cozy tavern. White exposed brick, original hard wood floors, over-sized iron beams and windows that open to High Street complete this unique gastropub, located in the Short North Arts District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Pearl reviews from OpenTable diners
322 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (207)hot spot (175)neighborhood gem (159)special occasion (123)vibrant bar scene (113)good for groups (86)great for brunch (64)romantic (59)notable wine list (41)late-night find (29)great for lunch (26)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Enjoyed The Pearl!YankeebelleDined on 10/15/2014First time here and will definitely be back! The happy hour offerings are good and a great deal. Loved the buzz but not so noisy you couldn't hear your tablemate. Great service and the shrimp and grits was wonderful!Special Features:
- old school charm but beware valetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014The valet ruined the experience inside the rest. Aside from charging $10 to park my car ($2 is tip), they left me waiting in the rain for :30 minutes and returned my car with a slashed tire I didn't find until I ran out of air on the highway. So let's add $125 for a new tire to the bill.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/13/2014The food was good. Not spectacular, but they definitely had some gems in the menu. The blue crab appetizer was very tasty and the jalapeno corn bread is a must try. The portions are perfect. They are not oversized.Special Features:
- Sister Weekendnewthingsat50Dined on 10/12/2014We appreciated our server's dinner recommendation since several things on the menu sounded yummy. We all tried the Arctic Char and pounced it a winner - delicious!Special Features:
- We filled ourselves too fast! :(JJD2001VIPDined on 10/12/2014We went there for Sunday brunch and everything that we ordered was great. The bloody mary presentation was very interesting... a small bottle of Miller High Life was a great touch. Unfortunately, our eyes were bigger than our stomachs so we didn't even make it to the entree course. The appetizers and oysters that we ate were enough. I would definitely go back to try the very interesting items on the main menu.Special Features:
- Another great Mitchell restaurantMitch8462Dined on 10/11/2014Excellent food, great service, and a nice carietyySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerTomColumbusDined on 10/11/2014The service was great. Our waiter was focused on us every time he was at our table. The food was excellent and the beer and wine list was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional servicesecondgearDined on 10/10/2014Friday night 10/10 we had a reservation for 2 at 6:30 - we were stuck in traffic. After calling we were informed not to worry, they would fit us in when we got there. We arrived at 7:30. There were a number of people waiting. When we checked in we were immediately shown to our table although an hour late. This was amazing to us. Our waitress was wonderful. We anticipated our every question and immediately responded when we asked for something. We ordered the seafood tower. It was such a treat!! Thank you for such a wonderful experience. I wish I remember the name of the waitress! Pete & PatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff is outstandingCamfanDined on 10/9/2014Two visits - terrific service from hostess to server to preparers. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experienceworldeaterDined on 10/7/2014First impression was fantastic. Service awesome, food was highly flavorful and perfect. Ordered shrimp and grits. Delicate balance between spice and hearty creaminess of cheese grits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beSGoldie1Dined on 10/6/2014We love The Pearl and go there often. In the past several months our experiences have gone from perfect to ho-hum. The fries have changed, service is nowhere near as good as it once was and the drinks are no longer as well made. During our most recent experience, our server was more interested in chatting up a couple of different ladies throughout the restaurant than attending to our table. We go for the burger and the brown sugar pie. Both were still amazing but the service and drinks aren't what they once were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobRDined on 10/5/2014We have dined at The Pearl before and like it. The sound level is very low and the choices of foods is excellent. The service has always been great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit...will be backOhioProudDined on 10/5/2014Brunch on a Sunday....server was very busy so requests were delayed but overall it did not ruin our visit!!Special Features:
- Stellar experienceUniqueFoodAholicDined on 10/5/2014My husband & I were celebrating our anniversary and got the chance to eat here. Wow! What an experience! The restaurant is beautiful, the service was impeccable, and the food.....well, truly creative, unique, a tantalizing amazing experience to your pallet. We enjoy good food and this was great! We will for sure be returning to The Pearl and hope to see some of the same staff we got to meet the first time.Special Features:
- Excellent food exceptional serviceDinerDanDined on 10/5/2014Visited for my wife's birthday brunch with our 5 and 9 yr old kids. Our server Eva was very nice and made sure we were happy. Quickly took care of a small issue with one entree. We've visited several times on date nights and have always had great experiences and this time with the kids was no different. Pancakes, stuffed French toast, chicken and waffles were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10/04/14max1963Dined on 10/4/2014Appetizer, Deviled Eggs, very good. We also had Oysters for another appetizer, so we ordered a dozen. Very good as well, although the horseradish was bland. Monk Fish was the special. very good. Apple crisp for dessert. Also very good. Overall the food is good, atmosphere is good, but boy, they sure do want to turn tables in a hurry. Felt very rushed by our waiter.Special Features:
- AmazingclairerochelleDined on 10/4/2014Been here two times with my family while they were in town visiting me at OSU. Both dinners have been some of the best, most enjoyable meals I've had in my life and my family has had an amazing time here. Everything is perfect, the food is outstanding, the cookery of the meat and fish is unrivaled. We always start with oysters, there are 6 different kinds and they are all fresh, delicious and refreshing. They have an excellent wine and beer list and are happy to make recommendations. The atmosphere on a Saturday night is lively, the first dinner we were seated away from the bar which was much quieter. The arctic char I enjoyed this last weekend was one of the best pieces of fish I'd had in my life and the brown butter cake is to die for.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/3/2014Friendly staff. Wonderful menu that delivered. Be sure to try a signature cocktail.Special Features:
- Great birthday date nightdubdarkoDined on 10/3/2014I really enjoyed dinner. Our waiter was outstanding, there was a limited but robust menu, and the appetizer recommended by our waiter was great along with our main entree. The price was also very reasonable considering the environment and location. Definitely plan to go back on a double date in the near future.Special Features:
- SplendidMattMDined on 10/2/2014Excellence service from staff. Quick drinks. Amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A First Time PleasureMarshallDined on 9/30/2014My wife and I dined at The Pearl for our first time on a weeknight. Almost every seat in the place was full. The service was above my expectations and that makes almost every dining experience, for us, a good one. We had drinks - that were amazing - and the curds are a must for a snack. Dinner - you cant go wrong with much - the menu is perfect size and we cant wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedcbusfoodieDined on 9/29/2014I'd been wanting to try The Pearl for a few months. I finally went, and it was unfortunately underwhelming. The pickle appetizer was overpriced & underwhelming. Katzinger's Deli has better pickles. I heard rave reviews of the fried chicken. It was very good. Four pieces of well-seasoned chicken, greens, & a cinnamon roll. The greens were tasty. The cinnamon roll could've been better. The entree would have been more complete by replacing the cinnamon roll with sweet potatoes or cornbread. The service was great. The staff was very friendly. I'd go back and try the brunch, but I think the menu could use a little tweaking.Special Features:
- Nice late night diningqotuDined on 9/27/2014We stopped in for a late dinner after attending an event. The place was still hopping at 10 pm. We could not have had a better server. Eva was attentive, efficient and fun. The food choices were great for any size appetite and taste. Our food was served quickly and was delicious. There was no room for their signature sugar pie dessert, but I took a piece to go. It was fantastic and made for a great breakfast the next day. I would highly recommend The Pearl.Special Features:
- Perfect Gluten Free RestaurantBeckDined on 9/27/2014Always looking for GF as I have celiac. This is the place! Ask for Eric or Andrew - fantastic waiters! Informed, and enhanced our meal. The restaurant has an extensive gluten free menu and were willing to discuss all options without making me feel they were rushed. Took all my questions to the chef and came back with clear answers for me. The Arctic Char was the best I have ever had and the puree of cauliflower exquisite. Came two nights in a row because the food and experience was so fantastic. The atmosphere is eclectic, there is something for everyone. When you travel for a living this is the kind of restaurant you want to find. The Pearl is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, happy hour pricesfrequentcolumbusdinerDined on 9/26/2014We come for here for the oysters, smoked salmon and cheeseburger. All of which are excellent. Even better, oysters and salmon, along with many other items are half price 4:00-6:00. Parking is a headache, as always in the short North, but there is a valet next door at Marcella's. Their chicken wings and cheese curds are also a favorite with my teen children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleJethroDined on 9/24/2014Great food, service, and location. Staff was awesome.Special Features:
- Consistently great foodgourmetclubbersDined on 9/24/2014We have been to The Pearl several times -- for brunch; for a quick, light supper; or for a nice dinner before a show. The food is always wonderful, and the servers are very informed and attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodSteveDined on 9/21/2014Always a great selection of oysters. Ive already reccomended this place to a friend for an anniversary dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timespreadedjellyDined on 9/21/2014Came in for brunch with a few girl friends and we all had a wonderful time. The bloody marys, mimosas, and food were all delicious! Jon was the perfect server! He was both fun and attentive!Special Features:
- birthday celebrationenjoyerofgoodfoodDined on 9/20/2014We decided to try this restaurant for our birthdays and were very happy with the choice. It had the quaint feel of this restaurant we just recently dined at in Evanston Illinois. The food at the Pearl was delicious, recommend the baked oysters and smoked salmon.Special Features:
- First timeCrunchDined on 9/19/2014We had a lovely experience at your establishment. The gluten free menu was very nice ( lots of choices) and our server was quite accommodating and attentive. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies Rejoice!luvfoodDined on 9/19/2014Amaaazing oysters and best burger in Columbus!!! It doesn't get much better than this! Fun, energetic yet cozy atmosphere for gathering with friends. The Pearl is a real gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicacyfinishimDined on 9/18/2014I love this place. They always have great food and great service. Ambiance is great. A wide variety of foods although the menu is not very crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014The oyster bar is outstanding, after growing up on Chesapeake Bay oysters it is a delight to enjoy their fresh oyster selection.Special Features:
- Best in townOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/14/2014Definitely has the modern rustic classy thing going that is popular right now, but no doubt a gem in Columbus. Cocktails are excellent, beer list is refreshing, and they have a nice mix on of things on the menu. Everything I tried including the Cuban sammie, oysters, muscles, and salmon were excellent. This isn't your gourment hotel food, it's rough hewn and satisfying. Slightly on the expensive side for this city, but well worth the money.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal and serviceHollya14VIPDined on 9/6/2014One of the best restaurants in the Short North. Service was great - server was knowledgable and kind. Meal was very good with interesting preparations. Definitely plan to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice eveningColumbusnewbieDined on 9/6/2014The Pearl was an enjoyable evening. The food was quite good...but chef and company tried a bit too hard with their sauces. Some sauces overpowered the dish instead of enhancing. The grilled cheese was great, the oyster selection fabulous, and fish prepared well. The atmosphere is laid-back, casual, and definitely lively and loud. The tables are a bit too close for my liking; two to four more inches would make a big difference in the dining experience. Overall, though, a very fun night.Special Features:
- Awesome find!CharlottetorpedoDined on 9/5/2014We were traveling from out off town and found The Pearl online. Everything about it was amazing!! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Pearl is a pearl!rumblingsDined on 9/4/2014We enjoyed everything about The Pearl, especially the oysters from several states and the lively ambiance. All of our food was outstanding and the service was very friendly. It lives up to the Cameron Mitchell reputation and its location in the Short North is exceptionally fun. Definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014Atmosphere great...Waitress great...slow on cocktails...shrimp entre was boring no sides...over-rated restaurantSpecial Features: