641 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Short North - Arena District
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepearlcolumbus.com/
- Phone: 6142270151x
- Hours of Operation:
The Pearl opens at 4:00 p.m. daily for dinner.
We also offer a fantastic Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00-3:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Paisley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Takeout, Wine
A word from The Pearl
A Jewel Long in the Making. And well worth the wait. Cameron Mitchell’s first new restaurant concept in five years, The Pearl, is a well-polished culinary jewel that showcases made-from-scratch food, classically inspired cocktails and an exclusive selection of Ales, Lagers & Stouts. All within one urban and cozy tavern. White exposed brick, original hard wood floors, over-sized iron beams and windows that open to High Street complete this unique gastropub, located in the Short North Arts District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Pearl reviews from OpenTable diners
344 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (200)hot spot (174)neighborhood gem (158)special occasion (139)vibrant bar scene (115)good for groups (74)great for brunch (70)romantic (67)notable wine list (38)late-night find (33)great for lunch (30)scenic view (15)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- "Still The Same"SteveVIPDined on 8/31/2014Same great food, drink & service. And if you sit up front, free entertainment (High St players).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014I made reservations for my birthday at The Pearl and was blown away by the atmosphere and the food. Our waitress Sam was very friendly and helpful throughout our dining experience. The food combinations were delicious and unique. Will definitely be visiting this place again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, the Pearl was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014For the first time, though, I deviated from gorging solely on their amazing fresh raw bar and ordered an entree. The shrimp and grits was amazing and has to be tried to be believed. Additionally, Annie and Alison at the bar concocted an amazing drink out of house made pepper vodka to help clear out my sinuses. I'm not sure what was in it but I'm calling it Short North Nyquil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Were warned... listen to the localsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014I made it clear I do not eat meat and asked for balsamic vinaigrette instead of bacon balsamic vinaigrette on my spinach salad. I was serviced the bacon balsamic vinaigrette. The oysters were fresh. I enjoyed the variety. Reservation was for 9:30pm. Our food was serviced around 10:15pm. The $15 muddled mule nowhere near worth it. We were warned about the poor service and long food wait but were hoping for the best... Learned to listen to locals.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Too expensive!! A glass of wine is $16 come on!!!!! RidiculousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, great foodCarrieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our first time here. Nothing jumped out from the main course selection so we ordered several "snacks", "appetizers" and a salad. Starting with the bacon wrapped dates was fantastic and it went up from there. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Amazing!nessnesskittyVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food was unique and utterly delicious! Try the spoon bread and mashed potatoes with any meal, you will not be sorry.Special Features:
- Always goodBen5104VIPDined on 8/24/2014Comfort food good service great bar food . Window tables let you see all the short north actionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Addition - Short NorthFoodieGalDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding- the food, the service, the energy - what can I say? Cameron got it right again!Special Features:
- Slightly DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/23/2014I have dined at The Pearl several times and have been very happy. On this recent visit, we had to wait 10 minutes over the reservation time. This wasn't a big deal but I feel like the point of making a reservation is so that you are walked in and seated at that time. The restaurant was very busy, but I feel like it was poor planning on their part. As for our service once we were seated, it was outstanding. The waiter made a great recommendation regarding the Shellfish Tower-getting the clams baked instead of raw. They were excellent! I'll definitely be back to The Pearl, just probably not on a Saturday evening again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlawlessEricDined on 8/23/2014Took my parents and Aunt & Uncle to dinner. We had the server just bring us food from every aspect of the menu without ordering. It was just perfect. Everything was excellent from the minute we sat down to the time we finished. Service and food is top notch. Could not have went better.Special Features:
- SDLTTEDined on 8/23/2014I would have given an overall 5 stars, but they were having a major gnat issue that evening, so me and my friend had to cover our wine glasses and waive them off the whole time we were there. Other than that all was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very popular and very noisy.DanaeDined on 8/22/2014This place is jumping. We've been here twice. The food is delicious. Try the deviled eggs and the dates for appetizers. Yum! The entree portions are large. Everyone is very friendly and professional. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Love The Pearl!ASnewyorkerDined on 8/22/2014I'm a snobby New Yorker when it comes to food so have high standards. The Pearl is my favorite restaurant in Columbus and can count in a great meal and experience whenever I visit. The corn bread skillet is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only bad thing...Nf5013Dined on 8/20/2014Was the water. Unreal food. Appetizers, entrées and dessert, mouth watering. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Solid all the way around. I'll go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014We did not like our food - my french fries were overcooked and had a burnt taste. The southern fried chicken had an unusual spice - maybe cinnamon to the batter which was not a pleasant addition. The cinnamon roll was dry and lacked flavor. Although the restaurant's atmosphere was appealing, the noise level was too high. We had a very difficult time hearing each other. We will not be back.
- Dinner with the girl favoriteJulieALibrarianDined on 8/17/2014"Everything looks so good I don't know what to pick." - the girl favorite. Scottish salmon with corn hash (special) was generous and rich. Corn and bacon hash underneath - delicious. Pork trio served over sauerkraut - so good even the one who doesn't like sauerkraut loved it. Service in the early evening on Sunday was unhurried but attentive. Brown sugar pie - a must. Ice cream on the side tasty, but not necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Raw bar is great as are the appetizers but the rest of the menu is weak. Ran out of the weekend special by 7pm Saturday--poor planning. Wine list is unimpresive; caters only to those looking for sweet, glorified fruit juice rather than a full-bodied red that can pare with the surf as well as the turf. Expect and hope to see more in the future as the atmosphere and service are notably good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enthralledColumbusFoodieGirlDined on 8/16/2014I was excited to try this restaurant, only hearing great things about it. Our service was great and LOVED the ambiance BUT the food quality was just FINE. The price of the entrees and Seafood appetizers is not worth the quality and amount of food you get. I will not try this again.Special Features:
- Best Short North RestaurantMikeDined on 8/16/2014This is always my family's go to when they come in town to visit. There is not one detail missed in making the Pearl an exceptional restaurant. The atmosphere alone is worth getting excited over. They are home to the best Moscow Mule in Columbus. The menu is the most unique menu I have ever come across. They're very accommodating to gluten free as well (always a bonus with my mom). I recommend this place to anyone and everyone.Special Features:
- Awesome night out for anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I made a special request for one of the front tables by the windows since it was our anniversary...at the hostess check in they let us know that we were next in line, awesome! We had a complimentary(!) drink at the bar, and then got our table ~45 minutes later. Food was excellent, topped off by a free piece of pie with Jeni's ice cream. I love the ambience in The Pearl, and the service was outstanding. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Friday reviewFredDined on 8/15/2014We chose the Pearl for our Third Friday dining experience (4 years now!). What a Columbus gem! - from greeting to the service, the drinks (Jessie - I think was our waiter- he made great recommendations on all courses!). Moscow Mule was best in Columbus. Same with the Manhattan. Main courses were perfect as was dessert - PIES! Strongly recommend for anyone!Special Features:
- Over-ratedFoodieDined on 8/12/2014Dinner reservations made a week earlier resulted in eating in the bar as opposed to a table in the dining room area. Food was pricey but without corresponding panache. Way, way too noisy. No ambience, just a lot of very loud voices.Special Features:
- Loved the food, service was poorCbusfoodieDined on 8/10/2014My first time here. The food was great. My boyfriend and I started out with oysters and then we each had the braised shirt rib with some very nice glasses of wine. It took about 40 minutes for us to get out oysters. We asked our server about this while we were waiting and she said they were shucking them in the back right now. We just think she forgot to put our order in because two tables say down and ordered after us and they got their oysters before us in a timely manner. After the oysters the service went more smooth but she never offered us another wine or more water which we clearly needed both. Overall the food was amazing I would definitely come back and hope I don't get the same serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...weDoutDined on 8/10/2014This was our first visit to The Pearl. The service and the food was very very good. The only issue we had (as well as other diners) was fruit flies! They were everywhere. Landing on tables, buzzing around food and faces. It was awful. So many that we couldn't wait to leave and actually had one travel back to our hotel on our clothing. Yuck!Special Features:
- Great Brunch MenuStefanDined on 8/10/2014Was visiting COSI with the family and found this place as a brunch option. Really cool brunch options - plus some basics for the kiddies. Great drink menu as well. Wish I ate Oysters as they had a great selection. I LOVED the chicken and waffles with the blueberry compote! Cool bathrooms as well. Would def go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time ...trig837Dined on 8/10/2014I've had nothing but a great time every time I've gone to the Pearl. Sunday Brunch is especially nice and a great way to start a lazy Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodHaveforkwilltravelDined on 8/9/2014We really enjoyed the Pearl. Had an 8:45 reservation and didn't get seated till about 9:00. When we left after 10:00 the restaurant was still busy. Our server Hanna was excellent: Friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The shrimp and grits were as good as I hoped, and my friend's short ribs were equally delicious. The Pearl's menu is so interesting and it's really hard to choose. I will certainly go again, and I recommend it to anyone looking for great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not surprised...DrJayDined on 8/9/2014We have tried to go the The Pearl for months. I waited too long to make a reservation and we could never get in… This time I reserved a spot a week in advance and my wife and I and another couple finally made it. We suspected that the tough time getting a reservation was due to quality and we were not surprised. The place is quality in all ways. My wife and I each had half of a sandwich - grilled cheese and Cuban. They were great. The service was great! We will go again. If I remember to book early!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizers, slow serviceColeybird15Dined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went to the Pearl for our 6 year anniversary. We had a reservation on Friday at 8:15pm. We got seated quickly, and we liked the decor in the restaurant- very nice ambience. The appetizers were great! Spoon bread and baked oysters, served hot and delicious ! Then the server just took so long to come back to the table, and the main course took forever, and came out lukewarm! When fish isn't served right away , it's not that great. We expected better service, and better entrees for a Mitchell's restaurant. Not sure if we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food exceptional serviceDinerDanDined on 8/8/2014We had our most recent date night here again. Food was very good albeit a bit limited. But the service from Jordan was exceptional. Enjoyed ourselves very much and will continue to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love the vibe here!mmb1776Dined on 8/7/2014We're older and this is a hip, happening restaurant, but we feel comfortable there. And it's a Cameron Mitchell restaurant so you know the menu is creative, unique and delicious. We always have an enjoyable experience at The Pearl.Special Features:
- Fantastic!KarenDined on 8/6/2014The food is absolutely delicious. The staff is very welcoming and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014The manager and the servers go out of their way to make you feel welcome and cared for. Great food, as well. I have to force myself to try something new each time, and I am never disappointed.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good DateJonesDined on 8/4/2014Dined at The Pearl for the first time. I had the braised short rib. It was good but I didn't realize tha basically meant "roast". Luckily I like roast so it was okay. The saice was good but way to salty for me. The veggies served with it were good. For starters, we had raw oysters and jalapeño corn bread. Both were good. I wish the cornbread were a little sweeter but served with the honey butter it worked. My husband had the hangar steak and he really liked it. It basically had an Asian flavor. I tasted it and again, too salty for me. I like the atmosphere although it is pretty crowded and you may be sitting semi-close to your neighbor...but not too close for comfort. I would recommend The Pearl and will likely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatlandraDined on 8/3/2014We love to come to The Pearl. We loved our food. Had a new server, John, from Maryland, only been there a couple of weeks. Very energetic & very helpful. Our favorites, artic char, braised beef, deviled eggs, corn bread.....would love to order more but we are stuffed with all that...even have to bring some home. Actually, we love all your restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in ColumbusColumbusdiner1Dined on 8/3/2014The Pearl is my favorite restaurant in Columbus! The food is amazing and Nick could quite possible be the best server in Columbus!Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Have been to The Pearl a couple times for dinner, but this was the first brunch visit. Great selections available, from chicken and waffles to stuffed french toast.Special Features:
- sunnyDined on 8/2/2014Food was less than average at exorbitant prices. Service was slow and inadequate. Very crowded and noisy. Tables were almost on top of each other. Very disappointing for a Cameron Mitchell restaurant. Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone and definitely will not be returning.Special Features: