641 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Short North - Arena District
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepearlcolumbus.com/
- Phone: 6142270151x
- Hours of Operation:
The Pearl opens at 4:00 p.m. daily for dinner.
We also offer a fantastic Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00-3:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Paisley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Takeout, Wine
A word from The Pearl
A Jewel Long in the Making. And well worth the wait. Cameron Mitchell’s first new restaurant concept in five years, The Pearl, is a well-polished culinary jewel that showcases made-from-scratch food, classically inspired cocktails and an exclusive selection of Ales, Lagers & Stouts. All within one urban and cozy tavern. White exposed brick, original hard wood floors, over-sized iron beams and windows that open to High Street complete this unique gastropub, located in the Short North Arts District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Pearl reviews from OpenTable diners
318 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (202)hot spot (168)neighborhood gem (157)special occasion (121)vibrant bar scene (115)good for groups (79)great for brunch (63)romantic (58)notable wine list (35)late-night find (30)great for lunch (25)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Nice late night diningqotuDined on 9/27/2014We stopped in for a late dinner after attending an event. The place was still hopping at 10 pm. We could not have had a better server. Eva was attentive, efficient and fun. The food choices were great for any size appetite and taste. Our food was served quickly and was delicious. There was no room for their signature sugar pie dessert, but I took a piece to go. It was fantastic and made for a great breakfast the next day. I would highly recommend The Pearl.Special Features:
- Perfect Gluten Free RestaurantBeckDined on 9/27/2014Always looking for GF as I have celiac. This is the place! Ask for Eric or Andrew - fantastic waiters! Informed, and enhanced our meal. The restaurant has an extensive gluten free menu and were willing to discuss all options without making me feel they were rushed. Took all my questions to the chef and came back with clear answers for me. The Arctic Char was the best I have ever had and the puree of cauliflower exquisite. Came two nights in a row because the food and experience was so fantastic. The atmosphere is eclectic, there is something for everyone. When you travel for a living this is the kind of restaurant you want to find. The Pearl is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, happy hour pricesfrequentcolumbusdinerDined on 9/26/2014We come for here for the oysters, smoked salmon and cheeseburger. All of which are excellent. Even better, oysters and salmon, along with many other items are half price 4:00-6:00. Parking is a headache, as always in the short North, but there is a valet next door at Marcella's. Their chicken wings and cheese curds are also a favorite with my teen children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great foodgourmetclubbersDined on 9/24/2014We have been to The Pearl several times -- for brunch; for a quick, light supper; or for a nice dinner before a show. The food is always wonderful, and the servers are very informed and attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodSteveDined on 9/21/2014Always a great selection of oysters. Ive already reccomended this place to a friend for an anniversary dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timespreadedjellyDined on 9/21/2014Came in for brunch with a few girl friends and we all had a wonderful time. The bloody marys, mimosas, and food were all delicious! Jon was the perfect server! He was both fun and attentive!Special Features:
- birthday celebrationenjoyerofgoodfoodDined on 9/20/2014We decided to try this restaurant for our birthdays and were very happy with the choice. It had the quaint feel of this restaurant we just recently dined at in Evanston Illinois. The food at the Pearl was delicious, recommend the baked oysters and smoked salmon.Special Features:
- First timeCrunchDined on 9/19/2014We had a lovely experience at your establishment. The gluten free menu was very nice ( lots of choices) and our server was quite accommodating and attentive. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies Rejoice!luvfoodDined on 9/19/2014Amaaazing oysters and best burger in Columbus!!! It doesn't get much better than this! Fun, energetic yet cozy atmosphere for gathering with friends. The Pearl is a real gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicacyfinishimDined on 9/18/2014I love this place. They always have great food and great service. Ambiance is great. A wide variety of foods although the menu is not very crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014The oyster bar is outstanding, after growing up on Chesapeake Bay oysters it is a delight to enjoy their fresh oyster selection.Special Features:
- Best in townOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/14/2014Definitely has the modern rustic classy thing going that is popular right now, but no doubt a gem in Columbus. Cocktails are excellent, beer list is refreshing, and they have a nice mix on of things on the menu. Everything I tried including the Cuban sammie, oysters, muscles, and salmon were excellent. This isn't your gourment hotel food, it's rough hewn and satisfying. Slightly on the expensive side for this city, but well worth the money.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal and serviceHollya14VIPDined on 9/6/2014One of the best restaurants in the Short North. Service was great - server was knowledgable and kind. Meal was very good with interesting preparations. Definitely plan to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice eveningColumbusnewbieDined on 9/6/2014The Pearl was an enjoyable evening. The food was quite good...but chef and company tried a bit too hard with their sauces. Some sauces overpowered the dish instead of enhancing. The grilled cheese was great, the oyster selection fabulous, and fish prepared well. The atmosphere is laid-back, casual, and definitely lively and loud. The tables are a bit too close for my liking; two to four more inches would make a big difference in the dining experience. Overall, though, a very fun night.Special Features:
- Awesome find!CharlottetorpedoDined on 9/5/2014We were traveling from out off town and found The Pearl online. Everything about it was amazing!! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Pearl is a pearl!rumblingsDined on 9/4/2014We enjoyed everything about The Pearl, especially the oysters from several states and the lively ambiance. All of our food was outstanding and the service was very friendly. It lives up to the Cameron Mitchell reputation and its location in the Short North is exceptionally fun. Definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014Atmosphere great...Waitress great...slow on cocktails...shrimp entre was boring no sides...over-rated restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great service and food, but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/2/2014Food was very good, but not outstanding. Service was excellent, but prices were excessive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Still The Same"SteveVIPDined on 8/31/2014Same great food, drink & service. And if you sit up front, free entertainment (High St players).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dining experiencePearlfirsttimerDined on 8/31/2014I made reservations for my birthday at The Pearl and was blown away by the atmosphere and the food. Our waitress Sam was very friendly and helpful throughout our dining experience. The food combinations were delicious and unique. Will definitely be visiting this place again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, the Pearl was greatkasheedDined on 8/31/2014For the first time, though, I deviated from gorging solely on their amazing fresh raw bar and ordered an entree. The shrimp and grits was amazing and has to be tried to be believed. Additionally, Annie and Alison at the bar concocted an amazing drink out of house made pepper vodka to help clear out my sinuses. I'm not sure what was in it but I'm calling it Short North Nyquil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Were warned... listen to the localsFHEHDined on 8/30/2014I made it clear I do not eat meat and asked for balsamic vinaigrette instead of bacon balsamic vinaigrette on my spinach salad. I was serviced the bacon balsamic vinaigrette. The oysters were fresh. I enjoyed the variety. Reservation was for 9:30pm. Our food was serviced around 10:15pm. The $15 muddled mule nowhere near worth it. We were warned about the poor service and long food wait but were hoping for the best... Learned to listen to locals.
- SisrerDined on 8/30/2014Too expensive!! A glass of wine is $16 come on!!!!! RidiculousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, great foodCarrieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our first time here. Nothing jumped out from the main course selection so we ordered several "snacks", "appetizers" and a salad. Starting with the bacon wrapped dates was fantastic and it went up from there. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- First TimerRilesDined on 8/29/2014This was the first time I have ever been to Pearl and I loved it! It is now my new favorite place to go in Columbus! I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!nessnesskittyVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food was unique and utterly delicious! Try the spoon bread and mashed potatoes with any meal, you will not be sorry.Special Features:
- Always goodBen5104VIPDined on 8/24/2014Comfort food good service great bar food . Window tables let you see all the short north actionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Addition - Short NorthFoodieGalDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding- the food, the service, the energy - what can I say? Cameron got it right again!Special Features:
- Slightly DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/23/2014I have dined at The Pearl several times and have been very happy. On this recent visit, we had to wait 10 minutes over the reservation time. This wasn't a big deal but I feel like the point of making a reservation is so that you are walked in and seated at that time. The restaurant was very busy, but I feel like it was poor planning on their part. As for our service once we were seated, it was outstanding. The waiter made a great recommendation regarding the Shellfish Tower-getting the clams baked instead of raw. They were excellent! I'll definitely be back to The Pearl, just probably not on a Saturday evening again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlawlessEricDined on 8/23/2014Took my parents and Aunt & Uncle to dinner. We had the server just bring us food from every aspect of the menu without ordering. It was just perfect. Everything was excellent from the minute we sat down to the time we finished. Service and food is top notch. Could not have went better.Special Features:
- SDLTTEDined on 8/23/2014I would have given an overall 5 stars, but they were having a major gnat issue that evening, so me and my friend had to cover our wine glasses and waive them off the whole time we were there. Other than that all was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calling All Foodies...CelestialCuisineDined on 8/23/2014I love, love, love this place. I have been twice in the same week even. I have sat at the bar, (the bearded bar tender is hot!!!), and I have brought 5 of my friends and sat in a booth. Cozy, but also full of energy. Last but NOT least...the food...FABULOUS....the greens are out of sight, cornbread...to die for...and the deviled eggs...couldn't get enough!!! I have become a part of the "Pearl Crew", forever!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very popular and very noisy.DanaeDined on 8/22/2014This place is jumping. We've been here twice. The food is delicious. Try the deviled eggs and the dates for appetizers. Yum! The entree portions are large. Everyone is very friendly and professional. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Love The Pearl!ASnewyorkerDined on 8/22/2014I'm a snobby New Yorker when it comes to food so have high standards. The Pearl is my favorite restaurant in Columbus and can count in a great meal and experience whenever I visit. The corn bread skillet is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only bad thing...Nf5013Dined on 8/20/2014Was the water. Unreal food. Appetizers, entrées and dessert, mouth watering. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice placeangeloDined on 8/18/2014Solid all the way around. I'll go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014We did not like our food - my french fries were overcooked and had a burnt taste. The southern fried chicken had an unusual spice - maybe cinnamon to the batter which was not a pleasant addition. The cinnamon roll was dry and lacked flavor. Although the restaurant's atmosphere was appealing, the noise level was too high. We had a very difficult time hearing each other. We will not be back.
- Dinner with the girl favoriteJulieALibrarianDined on 8/17/2014"Everything looks so good I don't know what to pick." - the girl favorite. Scottish salmon with corn hash (special) was generous and rich. Corn and bacon hash underneath - delicious. Pork trio served over sauerkraut - so good even the one who doesn't like sauerkraut loved it. Service in the early evening on Sunday was unhurried but attentive. Brown sugar pie - a must. Ice cream on the side tasty, but not necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Raw bar is great as are the appetizers but the rest of the menu is weak. Ran out of the weekend special by 7pm Saturday--poor planning. Wine list is unimpresive; caters only to those looking for sweet, glorified fruit juice rather than a full-bodied red that can pare with the surf as well as the turf. Expect and hope to see more in the future as the atmosphere and service are notably good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enthralledColumbusFoodieGirlDined on 8/16/2014I was excited to try this restaurant, only hearing great things about it. Our service was great and LOVED the ambiance BUT the food quality was just FINE. The price of the entrees and Seafood appetizers is not worth the quality and amount of food you get. I will not try this again.Special Features: